Reinas de Belleza ❀ ELITE BEAUTIES

Bienvenidos a ELITE BEAUTIES ❀ Foros con información acerca de Reinas de Belleza, Certámenes Masculinos, Competencias de Modelaje, ''Realities'' y más...

ÍndicePortalContactarnosÚltimas imágenesBuscarRegistrarseConectarse
Regístrese para formar parte de nuestra Comunidad. ¡Una vez registrado, podrá Ingresar para participar, publicar temas, subir fotos, intercambiar mensajes privados y más!
Usuarios más Activos del Mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan a los Foristas que integran el Top 9 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28471-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-mes-de-marzo-2024
Forista Popular del mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan al Ganador/a ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28497-resultado-final-votacion-del-forista-popular-del-mes-de-marzo
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Misses - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28249-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misses
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Místers - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28248-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misters
Usuarios más Activos del Año 2023 - Conozcan al Top 18 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28251-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-ano-2023

Comparte
Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Siguiente

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct.

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje

Diefervas73
Diefervas73
Senior

Like : 625
candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Empty
MensajeTema: Re: candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdMiér Sep 30, 2020 10:50 pm
Responder al tema

En Serio.... ???  se ven unas candidatas muy feitas.... jajaja

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

Like : 9391
candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdLun Oct 12, 2020 4:09 am
Responder al tema

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 UXP2mM

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 5:25 pm
Responder al tema

Aleria McKay

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Uq3Jno
Height: 5’9
Hometown: Six Nations, ON
Languages: English
Occupation: Student at York University (Theatre – Major, Indigenous Studies – Minor)

Aleria McKay is a passionate, determined, and brave young Indigenous woman, who strives to work hard in all areas of her life. She graduated high school from Brantford Collegiate Institute as an Ontario Scholar in 2017 and began her post-secondary studies in 2018 at York University. Aleria is currently majoring in Theatre Studies, with a minor in Indigenous Studies, and is a member of her university’s international honour society. Aleria is a mix of Indigenous cultures and identities, as she is Haudenosaunee and Teme-Augama Anishnabai on her mother’s side, and Dene Tha, Cree, and Metis on her father’s side. She is extremely devoted to both her cultures and her people and works to be involved in her community in any way she can.

Aleria has been involved in various forms of the arts from a very young age. Growing up, she was actively involved in competitive dance, competing across the US and Ontario. She loved public speaking and participated in a number of speech competitions in elementary and high school. She also began writing when she was 11 years old, writing various short stories and small plays. This love for writing continued into her teens, and in early 2020, she was successful in self-publishing her first book of poetry. Aleria’s greatest passion is within theatre, where she is able to combine her love of writing and her love of the stage.

Aleria has always been a passionate activist for many humanitarian causes, using her voice to amplify those who need it. Her love for performance and passion for activism is what created her love for pageants. Pageants have given Aleria a platform to speak on her passions and raise awareness for causes close to her heart. She has held the titles of Miss Teen Six Nations 2013 and Miss Teenage Ontario 2018, and is currently Miss Six Nations, a role that has her serving as a cultural ambassador for her reserve.

Throughout her life, Aleria has had to overcome personal hardships relating to mental illness. After surviving a suicide attempt at 17, and witnessing the impact suicide and mental illness had on her reserve, she decided she wanted to make a change. In 2018, she wrote and directed her own play entitled And She Split the Sky in Two, which told the story of a teenage girl grieving the suicide of her older sister. The play received many awards and accolades, and was featured in a news segment on CBC Indigenous. This experience allowed Aleria to realize that she had a voice, and could use it in ways that make people listen.

In spring 2019, Aleria founded RAY of Hope (Remembering Aboriginal Youth), the Six Nations youth suicide prevention committee, in memory of Six Nations youth lost to suicide. RAY of Hope is a by-youth-for-youth organization with a goal of spreading a message of hope, life, and wellness through community, culture, language, and education. Today, Aleria acts as the director of the committee as they continue to grow and become more involved in the community. Aleria is open about her experiences with suicide and mental illness, as she believes the more we talk about it the more it lessens the stigma. She views her own experience not as a battle, but as a gift that has aided her in growing, learning, and ultimately, helping others.
What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?

For as long as I can remember I have always loved reading and writing. When I was young, I would spend hours reading, lost in the worlds books created for me, sometimes attempting to create my own in the short stories I would write. As an adult, this love has translated into my own ventures in the world of literature. This past year, I self-published a book of poetry entitled “Thunderstorms”, and I am currently working on my next book. Other than reading and writing, my passions lie in nature and the environment. I am working hard towards a zero-waste lifestyle, and am always taking opportunities to strengthen my knowledge of the land. I am also a huge animal lover, at home I am a mother to two cats, three dogs, and two guinea pigs!

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc.) 

I was introduced to performance at the age of 2, when I fell in love with dance. I continued on both recreationally and competitively in Jazz, Lyrical, and Tap, until I was injured at 15. My love for performance continued on in high school when I began to study drama both in class and extracurricularly. I took various acting classes and performed in a number of school shows in both lead and supporting roles.

In what sports, if any, have you participated?

Other than dance, I participated in cross country for many years until I injured my knee.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

As a child, my family and I lived with my Grandma, who was one of the strongest influences in my life growing up. Since my parents both worked full time, I spent a lot of one on one time with my Grandma while she looked after me when my parents weren’t able to. Spending time with her was always fun, as she would always listen to my stories and play along with me when I was outside. If I wasn’t outside making a “salad” out of grass and things from the yard for her, we would be inside playing a board game or colouring. She was less like a grandparent to me, and more like another parent. She was kind and giving, and she would always encourage me to read and tell her stories. I believe this is where my love for writing came from, and this gift from her is still shaping my life today.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)? 

It may seem small to some, but my proudest accomplishment has been graduating high school on time. In my grade 12 year, I was struggling with various mental health issues and attempted suicide two months before I was set to finish school. After spending two weeks in the hospital, I returned to school determined to not let my personal situation set me behind academically. I had always taken my studies seriously, and I worked extremely hard to finish the year, and I was able to graduate on time with honours. Although it was a difficult time in my life, seeing how I was able to set a goal, persevere, and come out stronger on the other side has shown me that I have more strength inside of me than I sometimes may think.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you? 

While I am full of stories of funny situations and predicaments I’ve gotten myself into, I’m not sure if I want the world to know about all of them! Something I’ve always thought is interesting about me though is my name. My full name is Aleria Angeline Ellen Quill Turner McKay. I’ve always had the longest name of all of my peers, and a unique one at that. While my middle names are all family names, I’ve never met anyone else with the name Aleria! Prior to choosing my name, my parents wanted to name me “Emma” until they found the name Aleria in a baby book. Latin for “eagle-like”, they thought it was perfect for who they wanted me to be.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

My career ambition is to work in the realm of theatre as a playwright and director. In high school, I discovered my passion for drama and had the opportunity to write and direct my own play. Through this, I realized that this was what I wanted to pursue as a career. I am currently working towards completing my Bachelor’s Degree in theatre studies as a way of gaining practical and academic experience. After university, I hope to find mentorship and experience at a theatre company that welcomes diverse voices. Eventually, I also hope to open my own theatre company on my reserve, as a way of giving back to the community that raised me.

What would be your “dream job” in life?

Although I have career goals surrounding my passions and interests, I would not say that I have a “dream job”. My dream in life is to be able to write and work on directing plays in and around my community, reaching people and telling stories through art and performance. Throughout this, I would be focusing my energy primarily on building a sustainable home where I can provide myself and my family a traditional Haudenosaunee way of living.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised on the Six Nations of the Grand River reserve in Southern Ontario. I was extremely lucky to grow up surrounded by cultural knowledge and teachings, and I learned about my traditions in school, from family, and around my community. For the most part, I was raised in a single parent household with my mother and brother. Though my parents split up while I was very young, I was blessed to have a father who worked hard to have a strong presence in my life. My parents were always extremely supportive of all my endeavours and projects, and I have many great memories of family trips and adventures from my childhood. I was also lucky to have an amazing step-mother introduced into my life during this time, and she was also an incredible support and presence throughout my childhood. Family has always been the most important aspect of my life, a value that was instilled in me early on. I’ve always been close to my extended relatives, and my childhood memories are filled with family visits and get-togethers. Although I have a large family, there’s never been any difference between first cousins and second cousins and fifth cousins twice removed, to us, they are all just family!

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had. 

My most memorable job experience was a summer job I had as a teenager, working on a youth stewardship crew on Lake Temagami. On my maternal grandfather’s side, I am Teme-Augama Anishnabai, and having the opportunity to spend a summer on my family’s homeland was an unforgettable experience. I spent six weeks alongside other TAA youth learning how to build a birchbark canoe from scratch. We spent the summer harvesting materials, preparing them, and building the canoe. It was incredible to be involved in the revitalization and relearning of the traditional knowledge of my ancestors, and I still carry the lessons I learned that summer with me today.

List any volunteering you have done.

Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec – Administrative/Guest Relations retreat intern
Oneida Baptist Camp – Camp counsellor
RAY of Hope: Six Nations Suicide Prevention Committee – Founder and Director
Six Nations Bread and Cheese Celebration – Food handler
Tom Longboat Run – General Volunteer
Michelle Farmer’s Studio of Dance – Year end recital assistant
Temagami Arts Camp – Workshop instructor
WE Charity – Hosted various fundraisers
Children’s Wish Foundation – Hosted various fundraisers
What is your most unusual talent?

It may not seem very unusual, but I’m a very fast reader! I can read full-length novels in a matter of hours with full comprehension. My average reading time is around 1000 words per minute.

Where is the most interesting place you have been to?

When I was younger, I used to go on camping trips with my extended family in Northern Ontario. One year, we took a day trip to what is widely known as Maple Mountain, at Lady Evelyn Provincial Park. The mountain is located on N’dakimenan, the homeland of the Teme-Augama Anishnabai. Our culture regards this as a very sacred site, as the traditional word for the location translates to “where the spirits go”. It was exciting to see and explore this important site, knowing I was connected to it through my ancestors.

What do you hope to be doing in ten years?

In ten years, my main goal is to be fairly fluent in my traditional languages, Anishinaabemowin and Onondaga. Indigenous language revitalization is something that is very important to me, and I hope to relearn my languages so I am able to pass them on to my children. Other than this, I hope to have an established career in writing and be fairly settled down. Although, despite the plans I make now, I know that things can change in an instant so I am keeping my horizons open!

Is there anything you would like to add that we haven’t asked?

As an Indigenous woman who is a mix of cultures and nations from coast to coast, I would be extremely proud to represent not only Canada on the international stage but the original people of Turtle Island as well. In all I do, I aim to amplify the voices of Indigenous people across the country, and I hope to use this platform to accomplish this as well.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 5:41 pm
Responder al tema

Alice Bowyer

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 C5xj29lg

Height: 5’6
Hometown: Calgary, AB
Languages: English
Alice Bowyer is an adventurous, passionate, and ambitious individual. She endeavors to live a life where she gives back to others while forging her own path in pursuing her academic interests. Alice was born in England and was raised in Manitoba, Ontario, and Alberta, in Canada. She is a proud Canadian who currently resides in Calgary, Alberta.
Alice is a recent graduate from the faculty of Environmental Science from the University of Calgary. She loves being outdoors and learning about how the world works around her. Specifically, Alice enjoys the fieldwork that comes with the Environmental Science profession. She loved conducting field experiments throughout her degree where she was able to work in waders in the water or use tree cores to study Alberta’s forests. Alice feels blessed to have the opportunity to study and live in such a beautiful part of the world, in the Rocky Mountains. Alice’s dream is to continue being an advocate for the environment in the legal field. Currently, she is studying for her Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and volunteering for different charitable organizations.
Although Alice is a science graduate, she is also a very creative individual with a love for the arts. During university, Alice worked as a part-time art instructor for the company 4Cats where she discovered the joys of teaching children how to construct art projects and develop different art techniques. During the Covid-19 pandemic, Alice has had the chance to explore her art interests further and learn new skills. Alice recently set up her own online art store and has expanded her digital art skills. Whenever Alice has any downtime, you can find her painting with her iPad or updating her art store and websites.
From tutoring students in Math/Science to volunteering at her local hospital to help prevent delirium in elderly patients, she is an individual who enjoys learning from her experiences, working with all ages and helping others with the skills she has to share. Following her favorite quote by Pablo Picasso, “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it”, she is an individual who is always willing to try new things. Especially with the new path in life that the Covid-19 pandemic has created, she is using every day to learn and try something new. Currently, she is completing her Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate in the hope of teaching English as a foreign language abroad someday. Alice believes that the Miss Universe Canada pageant is another new and exciting adventure that she is honored to embark on in 2020.
I love to paint. Specifically, I love digital art the most. I enjoy using the program Procreate on my iPad to create the majority of my art pieces. I love learning digital design and film editing software as well, such as Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. I even have a YouTube channel where I post art tutorials and updates on running my online art Etsy shop. As I have recently created my Etsy store, I spend a lot of time updating it and posting my art pieces/updates on my art Instagram as well.

• Competitive dance- Jazz, Musical Theatre, and Hip Hop

• Violin

• Trumpet

• French Immersion: Junior High

I was trained in equestrian show jumping for a number of years and even owned my own horses that I truly loved riding. I was enrolled in swimming lessons from a young age which is a life skill that I am very fortunate to have developed. I was a cross country runner throughout school and still enjoy going for runs outdoors. I also took skiing lessons and began skiing from a very young age with my family. I am blessed to live right next door to the Rocky Mountains where I have been able to spend most of my winters skiing. During the summer, I also have a great appreciation for the mountains as I love to go hiking with my siblings and friends.
Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
My great grandmother, Belinda Ellwood-Wade, has influenced my life. She broke family ties to marry the man she loved who was a Canadian soldier in WW1 who her family looked down upon. She then survived the Great Depression in Manitoba in the 1930s and raised three sons. She is a strong female role model who I look up to because she made her own path in life and endured many hardships. I always wish that I could have met her.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?
My proudest personal accomplishment is recently graduating from the faculty of Environmental Science from the University of Calgary. It was a very intense academic degree and one that I found challenging at times. It has taught me that perseverance and hard work are the keys to success. I am very proud of myself for never giving up.
What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?
I spent three years living on a working farm with my family. When my family and I moved to the farm it was very exciting for me as I was a 12-year-old at the time who had always lived in the city. We kept bees, cows, pigs, horses, and chickens, and I loved every second of it.
What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
My career ambition is to become a lawyer in the Environmental field. My goal is to be an advisor and legal advocate in the protection of the environment and natural resources. I am currently studying for my LSAT and preparing for my law school applications. I am also continuing my charitable work in different volunteer organizations to learn new skills and ways that I can help others.
My dream job would be one where I am working with a purpose that leaves me feeling fulfilled because I am doing something that is helping others and the environment. I want to use my skills to make a positive impact on this world no matter what the job title is. I want to be the voice for those who cannot stand up for themselves. Therefore, my ideal goal is to become a lawyer in the Environmental field where I can be that voice and legal advocate for the protection of the environment and natural resources.
Looking back on my life, I had what I consider a fairly unique upbringing. I was born in England and moved to Canada when I was four. My parents are very adventurous individuals and I spent a lot of my childhood moving schools, provinces, and even trying out completely different lifestyles. I moved from the city to a farm when I was 12. I think that was one of the most crucial components that impacted my personal development in my life. That transition was at such a critical age in my life, an age where I believe that individuals are strongly influenced by the people, and environment around them. There, on our new family farm, I learnt a lot about the environment, nature, life, death, and it even opened my eyes to the financial struggles that small farmers now face in the wake of such a highly urbanized world. I moved back to the city after just three years on that farm. However, three years was enough. It got my gears turning and I developed a real interest in the environment, social inequity, land policies, and land regulation. I am now a recent graduate from the faculty of Environmental Science at the University of Calgary.
I was an Art Instructor for 4Cats where I taught children how to construct art projects and develop different art techniques. It was a very fulfilling job as I taught a wide range of age groups and even had to host the “splatter parties” on the weekends where the kids went into a splatter room and created amazing, crazy art pieces. I was also a Math and Science tutor for almost three years for Elementary-High School students. This was a very interesting job because I was able to tutor so many incredible, young individuals one-on-one and really got to know them.

• Loyalist Township Spring Break Camp Volunteer

• The Foothills Hospital HELP Volunteer

• Parvati MAPS Volunteer (currently in the training process)

• We Did it! School-Age Care Society – Volunteer Art Instructor

• ARK Society Events Committee Volunteer

My iPad art is probably my most unusual talent. I create my paintings and art digitally using the program Procreate and my Apple pencil.
I went to Rome, Italy, two summers ago and I fell in love with the amount of history within the city. I also fell in love with the food – I think I had gelato every single day that I was there! I am now currently working towards completing my TEFL certification with the hopes to teach English as a foreign language in the future there.
In ten years, I would like to have finished my law degree and to be happy and successful in my ideal field of work (Environmental Law). I would like to have travelled abroad and lived in new places as well. I also would like to still be part of different volunteer organizations and continuing with charitable work.
I would like to thank the Miss Universe Canada Pageant for this incredible opportunity, as well as my family, and friends for their constant support during this journey.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 5:47 pm
Responder al tema

Ashley Warrington

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Uq3chb

Height: 5’5
Hometown: Grey County, ON
Ashley Warrington is a confident and compassionate woman who is inspired by the quote, “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” – Shakespeare. Uplifting others to believe that no matter size, age, gender or race Ashley believes that anyone can make a difference as long as they believe in themselves and their goal. Born and raised in Grey County, Ontario, Ashley’s close knit family and friends have always been supportive of her ever-growing ambition and commitment to being a leader in her community.
While studying Image Arts & Media Studies at Ryerson University, Ashley was an active member of RyePRIDE. Too often she heard about her friends struggles to find employment because of the way they identified. At the time, Ashley was starting her own property management company in Toronto and saw the opportunity to provide a safe work environment for her peers to gain work experience. Her entrepreneurial spirit and creativity has also resulted in co-founding two other companies; AshleyMegan, a personal styling and fashion accessory business and HoloInvites, an Augmented Reality App & Greeting Card Company. In 2017 in recognition of the success of her companies, she was Accepted into the Communitech Fierce Founders Accelerator Program, a fast-paced business and personal growth program for female founders/CEO’s with tech driven businesses hosted by Google.
Ashley is currently employed as a member of the marketing and communications team for the company, Sea & Ski Realty, a boutique real estate company in Grey County. This career has allowed her to be a part of the community and support local business and initiatives. She is the co-producer of a series called “What’s Happening – In Our Community” with monthly episodes focusing on supporting local events, businesses, and the future of Grey County. Ashley also co-creates a monthly blog that focuses on local businesses which promotes the county’s tourism & lifestyle industry. Previously, Ashley has worked in radio broadcasting as a live-on-location reporter, she has travelled with NASCAR Canada as a member of the promotions and marketing team, taught preschool, and has worked in the fashion industry as a buyer and personal stylist.
Ashley was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be involved in many extracurricular activities growing up. Competing at the Province-Wide Science Fair with her Filtering the Flow Project, Ashley created a completely organic and functional water filtration system. After presenting the system to the municipality it was implemented into the community and resulted in the rehabilitation of an endangered wetland. At the age of 12, Ashley received the Blue Water Sydenham Conservation Award for her environmental achievement.
At a young age she developed a passion for dancing, primarily tap, clogging and step, which led to her being a competitive dancer for 13 years. Aside from dancing, Ashley has participated in many musical theatre productions, figure skating, 4-H, softball, and soccer. Ashley still maintains an active lifestyle by practicing yoga daily and regularly hiking along the Bruce Trail. To exercise her creative muscles, she designs and constructs jewelry, is an avid drawer focusing on pointillism, enjoys graphic design and is a passionate photographer and videographer which lead her to be featured in an exhibition at Ed Mirvish Theater in Toronto.
Above all, Ashley’s greatest passion is pageantry. At the age of 18, she won her first crown by competing in her hometown Fall Fair Ambassador competition. This experience and opportunity opened a new chapter in her life, intriguing her to explore the industry even more. Her entry into the Queen of the Fair/Toronto CNE Ambassador competition, where she placed 3rd runner-up, also led her to compete in the Miss Mid-West beauty pageant and place in the top 10. In 2016 she continued to compete and win the title of Miss Toronto Tourism.
In Ashley’s eyes, pageantry provides her with an opportunity to follow her dream of being a leader in her community. These individual experiences have sculpted her into a strong, confident, broad-minded woman and has given her a platform to promote self-confidence and be a symbol for anyone who thinks they are too small to make a big difference.
Growing up in this beautiful country has allowed me to easily participate in my favourite activity: camping. When I am camping, I feel like I’m home. Camping gives me the opportunity to slow down, appreciate nature and explore not only the land, but myself too. It is a constant reminder that we need to take better care of this beautiful world so that generations ahead can experience the beauty it has to offer too. While experiencing nature has been a constant in my life, my interests and hobbies have evolved over the years. When I was 3 years old, I fell in love with dancing, and still love it to this day. I have always been involved in many extracurricular activities; like musical theatre productions, student council, yearbook editor, 4-H member, local agricultural society board member, team member of multiple sports teams and was a mentor for the link crew leadership program. I also enjoy exploring my creative side by making jewelry, drawing, taking beautiful photos, creating art of all kinds, interior design, and being a personal stylist. I love to immerse myself in new experiences and new cultures, I believe that in order to grow one must step out of their comfort zone and experience new things, meet new people, and welcome new perspectives.
My love of dancing came with 13 years of training, I have also received musical theatre training, which opened doors to productions like Oliver Twist, The King & I, and Shout the Musical. I recently participated in a pilot training course, where I gained the knowledge to pass my Basic Ontario Drone Pilots exam. I was a member of my high school band where I was trained to play 2 instruments, percussion, and trombone. I have also received training in many creative areas like photography, graphic design, clothing design, interior design, and radio broadcasting.
I have always lived a very active lifestyle, from the age of 3 I have been dancing both competitively and for personal fitness. The practice of daily yoga not only keeps me physically strong but also mentally strong. Growing up I was a member of a local all-boys softball team, where we took home the first place trophy two years in a row. My involvement in sports has not been limited to these activities, as I participated in figure skating, taekwondo, soccer, volleyball, mountain biking, swimming, and golf. Sports have always been an important part of my life, teaching me valuable lessons and skills.
There are many people who have influenced and mentored me through the years but there is one person who has been an outstanding example of how women can be inspiring leaders and a dominating force in their fields. This wonderful, inspiring woman’s name is Karen Cox, Owner and Broker of Record for Sea & Ski Realty, the past president of the Ontario Real Estate Association, and my boss. In the short time I have known Karen, she has inspired me every single day. Each workday, I get to be a part of her ambitious ideas and business goals. She has accomplished so much in her life already and continues to make an impact in the community every day. From the moment I told Karen about my dream to be Miss Universe Canada, she willingly and enthusiastically jumped into being my personal coach. Karen’s list of accomplishments includes 2011 Volunteer of the Year Award, Real Estate Professional Magazine’s Elite Women of 2019, President of Shallow Brook Productions, and President and Director of Meaford & District Chamber of Commerce just to name a few. Although her list of accomplishments is extensive, the most inspiring thing about Karen is her passion to be involved in the betterment of her community.
My proudest personal accomplishment would be when I was given the honor of being crowned the 2011-2012 Feversham Fall Fair Ambassador. This was an opportunity to represent my home and promote our fall fair all over the province. Throughout my reign, many doors were opened. I had the opportunity to be a member of the Agricultural society, organize fundraising events, be involved with local politics, and most importantly, be a role model for young women in my community. Being the Ambassador was a turning point in my life. It is where I learned to advance my public speaking skills, build my self-confidence, and it sparked the flame to my passion of wanting to be a community leader. After my experience as Fall Fair Ambassador, I created a mentorship program in which I coached like-minded young women who were interested in being a leader in their community. I prepped them to compete in our local pageant and supported them as they began their journey in becoming a leader. I worked with the girls to advance their public speaking skills, and prepared them for interviews.
One of my most memorable experiences was when I competed in my first 4-H showmanship competition. 4-H is a not-for-profit organization that is focused on strong leadership for world-class positive youth development experiences in Canada. Pledging ‘My head to clearer thinking, My heart to greater loyalty, My hands to larger service, My health to better living, For my club, my community, my country, and my world,’ is a motto I still carry close with me to this day. On the day of the competition it was 30 degrees Celsius and Alley, my black angus calf, was exhausted from a long day of being at the fall fair. I had made it to the final 5 showmen, and I was the only female left. During the competition, Alley decided to take off and drag me out of the show ring by my arm. Although it looked like I was out of the competition, I told myself that was my opportunity to prove in a male-dominated activity, how strong women are. With a sprained wrist and covered in barn dust and debris, I walked Alley back into the show ring and continued the competition. Not only did I win, I also discovered how tough I really am. I could have let the pain, anger and embarrassment take me over but instead, I picked myself up and waltzed back in to show that believing in yourself is the most powerful tool to have.
My career ambition is to obtain employment that allows me to be a leader in the community. I believe with that as my focus for my career it will lead me down a path of endless possibilities. The steps I am taking and opportunities I am seizing have already put me on the right track. Currently, I am a member of the marketing and communications team for a local real estate company. My focus at this company is community engagement and the promotion of local events and businesses. I jump at every opportunity to be involved in the community. I am determined to build a career that I won’t refer to as “work” but rather my passion.
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of my dream job is to be Miss Universe Canada. My ultimate goal is to be a leader in the community and this role gives me the platform to be just that. This job would give me the opportunity to encourage others to know that no matter your size, age, gender or race; anyone can make a difference as long as they believe in themselves and their goal.
I am grateful to have been born and raised in Grey County, Ontario. This is an area where everyone knows everyone, where we all come together to support one another and is a true representation of a community. Whether it is the simple friendly waves that are given to every passing car, or the comfort of knowing someone will always have your back, this area of great people really makes me proud to call this my home. I have been blessed with 2 loving parents, an older brother, and 2 beautiful nieces. My family has always been a great support system when it comes to me following my dreams of being a leader in the community. As a child, growing up in Grey County offered endless possibilities. With my creative mind I had the most amazing adventures. I spent most of my days either at the barn with the animals, harnessing my entrepreneurial side by setting up lemonade stands or exploring the natural beauty that surrounded me.
The most interesting/unusual job that comes to mind would be when I was a live-on-location radio reporter. Radio broadcasting was a great experience which enhanced my public speaking abilities. This experience also was a great way to be involved in all the local events and engage with member of the community. The span of jobs I have had sometimes makes me chuckle. I’ve done everything from promotional modeling for NASCAR Canada, to teaching preschool at a private daycare.

• Link Crew Leadership – Grade 9 Mentor

• 30 Hour Famine – World Vision

• Georgian Bay Humane Society Volunteer

• Ontario Foodbank

• Feversham Ambassador Program Coaching

• Sick Kids Foundation

• Free the Children

• 4-H

• Youth Soccer Coach

• Canadian Mental Health Association

My most unusual talent is that I fly drones professionally and have my basic pilots license.
When I was 18 I backpacked around the UK. This was a life-changing experience for many reasons. I dove in head first and tackled my first plane ride and solo travelling experience all in one go. Taking in the incredible architectural masterpieces and history around me I found particular peace when visiting the Roman Baths in Somerset, England. With every new place I explore, I take extra care in leaving only footprints and taking only memories.
In 10 years, I hope to have advanced my role as a leader in the community, successfully creating a youth mentor program that promotes goal setting and success planning for children 10 – 13. I want to continue to travel, ideally increasing my list to at least 15 different countries, have a handful of successful businesses under my belt, and to have a beautiful home with a plentiful garden. I want to continue to surround myself with the ones I love. I want to be able to look back at the last 10 years and have no regrets; knowing that I followed my goals to make a difference.
There is no greater honor than being Canadian. Happy…healthy…free. Beyond the incredible possibility of being crowned Miss Universe Canada, I would carry the immense responsibility of representing my great country in the Miss Universe competition and most importantly, beyond.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 3:35 am
Responder al tema

Ayla Tse

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Ayla-Tse-2020

Height: 5’4
Hometown: Montréal, QC
Languages: English, French, Chinese
Ayla was born and raised in Hong Kong. Her mother is of Canadian heritage and her father is a Chinese-born Canadian. At a young age, Ayla was fortunate enough to travell to over 24 countries growing up, befriending people from all sorts of backgrounds, ethnicities, and socio-economic circumstances. She feels this helped her construct a balanced perspective on the world. She spent the first half of her life living in the international city of Hong Kong and then moved to Montreal to study at McGill University. However, being raised by two opposing cultures, made Ayla become fascinated with the contrasts between the East and the West. She entered McGill University to study these through the lens of medicine: pursuing anatomy and cell biology, but spending her spare time studying Traditional Chinese Medicine and holistic practices such as meditation. She wanted to find ways to harmonize these two cultures in every aspect of her life: work ethic, wellbeing, research, and perspective.
Nonetheless, the courses at university were just a small portion of what Ayla was to learn during her time at school. After years of stress and a lack of knowledge and tools on how to manage, Ayla went through a succession of life-changing events. After a near-death experience, Ayla was sparked back to life with an outlook she remembered she had as a child. She remembered the importance of presence and connectedness: how we truly are all connected and how this moment is the only one we have. She remembered how to not get too caught up in the mind and how that is often our greatest source of stress, anxiety, and depression. She learned new lessons on forgiveness and compassion and believes these are powerful keys more people in the world need to remember in order to heal ourselves. Most of all, she claims she learned invaluable lessons on how the mind, body, and life work. After all this, Ayla completed her final year at university: graduating with First Class Honours in Psychology and Neuroscience, a minor in Interdisciplinary Life Sciences and a minor in Musical Science and Technology. She contributed to research in both the neuroscience of music and the neuroscience of attention, and even built a program that turns brain waves into music.
After graduating, Ayla sought to teach what she felt were her most important lessons she had learned around the world. She travelled from Mexico, to India, to Singapore, to Shanghai, and back to Hong Kong to help people find the peace and well-being she saw was needed. She chose to teach in big cities because she knew that chronic stress was deteriorating people’s well-being there: physical, mental, social, and spiritual. In Hong Kong, Ayla began working for Asia’s leading wellness company: The Pure Group. Over a short amount of time, Ayla became the global ambassador for Pure Yoga Hong Kong and has since taught tens of thousands of students practices such as meditation, breathing, and yoga, and served as a model for plant-based food companies, athleisure, and wellness brands.
Now, Ayla wishes to continue to share and expand using her voice. She is following her passion and talent in music to share her renewed joy with the world. As well, she is writing a book on the experiences she went through, weaving her personal insights with science. Finally, she has started two companies: one, for connecting people deeper to music and one, a wellness company.
Ayla believes in dreaming big and inspiring people to fulfill their potential. She sees how honest, balanced individuals tend to make better decisions in the world and how this can have a great positive ripple effect. She wishes to embody the capacity for opposites to harmonize: science and music, uniqueness and collectivity, inner and outer beauty, a yogi in a pageant, and the East and West. Ayla believes that Miss Universe Canada can help serve as a platform for her to continue to share her unique perspective on global issues, to expand her capacity to serve in the world, and to use her intellect to live with her heart.
I love making music, I love learning, I love sharing yoga, meditation, and I love meeting new people
I studied neuroscience and music technology and I have special training in different forms of yoga and meditation. I have also studied Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda (ancient Indian medicinal system) in India. Prior to this I learned drums for 7 years. I did tap and modern dance for 7 years and ballet for 3. I also played field hockey nationally for Hong Kong.
I played field hockey nationally for Hong Kong. I also played Netball, Tennis, and competed in running. (Prior to that I did gymnastics and dance).
I have many inspirations I look to guide the different areas of my life. Perhaps one person who has had a great influence is my brother. By reflecting upon him I get to see a completely different view of the world that is not mine. How people treat him, how he sees the world, how he feels about himself, and how he has been shaped by his experiences truly gives me perspective on myself, on others, and on the world. My brother is just one year older than me but did not have such positive experiences at school, has been “diagnosed” with ADHD, and has experienced and seen many things I don’t think I will. Aside from this, he spends most of his time online and has many friends who he has met through the internet. Although I may never experience any of these things first hand, I learn so, so much through him and he continues to provide me with grounding honesty and a more balanced outlook on life.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)? I think my proudest personal accomplishment was graduating with First Class Honours in my Bachelor Science from University. Although I have other accomplishments I am grateful for, this one stands out for me because the journey taught me so many lessons on persistence, never giving up, learning about myself, stress management, and on how to be my most effective. candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 1f642
I think the most interesting thing that I’ve experienced recently is that I saw the Dalai Lama in India a few years ago…just by chance! I was in Dharamsala, the location of his home in exile in the Himalayas, and heard through the locals that he was coming to town to give a talk. I was fortunate enough to be able to register and see him in time. It was quite magical!
My personal ambition is to fulfill my potential and express myself honestly. My current career ambition is to expand in a well-rounded manner: teaching yoga and meditation, writing a book, and creating music. I hope to share, create, and show up in the world in a way that honestly expresses me and that resonates with other people. In regards to music, I am practicing everyday singing and producing, collaborating with local producers, and just started a collective music blog. The music I write is a way to share my perspective and to genuinely share something that makes me happy. As a life mission, I serve to expand people’s minds of what we believe is possible for us to do and be in the world. Finally, I live consciously: with every action I take, I wish to act from a place of compassion and service, knowing that I am one of a collective whole…and I wish for others to do the same.
My dream job is to be paid to be me. I feel I am certainly a “visionary” so I would be surrounded by people who are capable of turning enlightening visions into reality. My dream job is a combination of being a creative, scientist, and entrepreneur, all of which efforts inspire, unite, expand people’s minds, and generate insights and creations to serve humanity and our future. I am centered and I get to learn, expand, and share. I get to see and be seen, listen and be heard.
I was born in Hong Kong and I was raised by my mother and father. I had a pretty great childhood but I learned a lot from the stresses at home. When we were younger we would travel a lot as a family, play, paint, and enjoy good times. These are sprinkled with memories of familial conflict… I have decided to see the silver lining here: because of some disharmony at home, I made a lot of friends at school and built a rich social life. I found so much joy in socializing with people of all backgrounds in Hong Kong and I ended up spending most of my spare time in after-school activities or exploring with friends. I also put a lot of my focus into school and I felt like I had to do well because I couldn’t ask for help from my parents for help (like they didn’t have the time). Overall, this taught me how to be self-sufficient, something I am grateful for. Additionally, living in this environment taught me the importance of stress management and healthy living. It helped me learn at an early age that one’s physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing are all connected and ultimately influence one’s relationships and capacity to love and connect. I believe it also taught me how to meditate at an early age as I had to learn to regulate my mind and emotions for my own well-being. I also learned so much about social dynamics by observing my family interact.
Over the years, as I have come into my own and my family has put more energy and time into healing these relationships…and this has been very satisfying and rewarding. Aside from this, I went to school in Hong Kong and spent every summer in Canada (Calgary and Vancouver mainly). I loved travelling back and forth between these two sides of the world because I felt like it was giving me a more well-rounded view of things. I quickly learned how to be grateful for the opportunities I have and to not live in a perceptual bubble of my life.
I think my most interesting job was teaching for Pure Yoga Hong Kong. It was an incredible opportunity to share a practice that had helped me heal and to be able to feel like I am helping people’s lives by teaching them tools and techniques to reduce their stress to feel better and be more effective. I got to teach classes from 5 to 150 people and taught in studios, parks, on a ferris wheel, and more. In this position, I was fortunate enough to learn from some of the best teachers around the world and be subsidized to attend notorious yoga conferences. It was a meaningful job where I could truly leave work feeling better than I came in.
Perhaps my most unusual job was working as an intern in a hospital in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. In this work we got to shadow doctors of all different areas: orthopedic, general, and my favourite: surgery. We learned about the culture of India and the general medical system there, the most common diseases, and at the time, the astigmatism towards mental health. As well, I got to see a bunch of surgeries… from hysterectomies (uterus removal) and reconstructive plastic surgery, to orthopedic surgeries where the doctor used a chainsaw! I’ll never forget that!
Last year (2019) I was a volunteer for RISE Hong Kong technology festival which was an amazing hub for many innovations and innovators in technology from around the world to gather, network, and create. That year I was also a volunteer for the “New Earth Festival” and the Bali Spirit Festival, both in Ubud, Bali. These were both very, (very!) inspiring and eye-opening experiences which gave me hope for the potential of people to love and connect with one another. Aside from this, I have volunteered for music festivals, food shelters, school clubs in Canada, wellness festivals in Hong Kong, dog walking orphan dogs in Hong Kong, and community teaching yoga wherever I can.
Mmm…Perhaps my most unusual talent is that I’m very flexible. I can backbend very well, though I refrain from practicing this too much! haha.
Probably the most interesting place I have been is…Luxembourg! It was a random stop my friend and I decided to visit during a trip through Europe and we had no idea what to expect. Only once we arrived did we realize that it was a very “proper” country that had people dressed very nicely in suits and dresses… we saw many older people wandering the streets, very expensive shops and restaurants, and didn’t take us long for us to feel like we definitely didn’t fit in! Haha. As small as it was, it was so charming: the city design, the streets, and storefronts were so unique and romantic. I would love to visit again now that I’m (slightly) more grown. candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 1f642
I hope to be contributing to the world through my voice, creations, and perspective. I hope to be a human that people can listen to and find hope and remembering and that people can reflect upon, and I, them. I hope I am continuing to come into my own, learning, growing, fulfilling my potential and inspiring others to do the same. I hope my creations have served to bring joy and wellbeing to others and I hope to be a mind contributing to some of the world’s most imminent issues and being of great use. I hope to inspire others through compassion, seeing things deeply, and applying intelligence (mind and heart) to all areas of life.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 3:41 am
Responder al tema

Brittany Rushton

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 UqadZo

Height: 5’6
Hometown: Calgary, AB
Brittany Elizabeth Alice enthusiastically pursues a healthy & inspiring lifestyle in all aspects of her life. She is an energetic, ambitious, and creative woman who meets challenges head-on and learns from all experiences. Her passion for people’s success, as well as for traveling, fuel her entrepreneurial goal to grow a stronger, more unified female presence in the Canadian Business world. Brittany has close ties within her community and is well known for the positive impact she has working with her brand and partnerships. Brittany runs Fitness Coaching & Modelling businesses. Her days are full of goal setting, beauty & human connections and this is truly what keeps her captivated.
Her own business, SophroSYNC Fitness, is a nationally recognized fitness and nutrition coaching brand. Along with helping people reach their health and wellness goals, she also uses her platform as a business owner and her social media, to connect companies and businesswomen alike. Brittany focuses her energy on actively supporting and teaching other businesswomen how to achieve their goals and develop a strong presence and following. Knowing the value of support creating partnerships with other local businesses was key to the success of all areas of expertise.
Brittany’s Female CEO initiative was created to drive her goal to the next level and reach, showcase, and support thousands of female business owners. Brittany uses her knowledge of people’s interactions with social media and her understanding of engagement to drive her message and inspire many to shine. Early on in her professional journey, Brittany realized the passion she had for helping other people through fitness and nutrition coaching fueled her ability to educate, organize & execute plans. Combining this with the increasing amount of public speaking, coaching skills, and a passion for supporting other women and we have the perfect baseline for Female CEO!
Brittany has goals of seeing not only the number of Female CEO’s in Canada increase metrically but to inspire our young women to pursue whatever they are passionate about without fear, knowing they are meant to be in leadership roles. She educates and inspires females in Canada to pursue their professional capabilities through online networking events, giveaways, and through social media recognition. As Miss Universe Canada, Brittany will continue teaching women how to become the CEOs of their business and their life by working closely with her community and showcasing the need to uplift females as a whole.
I absolutely love physical fitness, anything fashion and music! I have invested large parts of my life to both my personal wellness and my clients and it is something that I am passionate about. In my free time I will usually be working out, dancing along to some music or shooting a new fashion look I love! If the opportunity allows it I love exploring new experiences through travel.
When it comes to personal expression movement and must are my main sources! I took voice and guitar lessons and I regularly do drop-in classes at various dance studios to increase my skill set. The practice and meditation of singing and dancing alone are just as amazing as the rush it gives you with an audience.
Jenny Sibley. She is my mother’s sister and a very loving aunt to me growing up. She is an admirable example of strength, stability, kindness and unwavering loyalty. Growing up she was the one number I memorized knowing she would be there. She works extremely hard as a hairstylist and mom and I would aspire to be as fashionable as her at any age! She truly encompasses inspiration for me.
One of my proudest accomplishments has been building my own brands, SophroSYNC Fitness & BEliizabeth, to what they are. Staying authentic to myself and resilient in any economic or personal state is something I can say I am extremely proud of. I love being able to inspire and pursue passions however I see fit!
I moved to Mexico in high school and continued to be fascinated by the need for cultural awareness and my own need for various freedoms. I was driven and independent from a young age because of this and I believe it makes me unique in many ways and people seem interested in speaking with me about these experiences!
My ambitions stem from a need for professional freedom and I plan to diversify my skill sets and never give up to accomplish that goal. I have built my fitness and modelling brands around the ability to network, travel and spread awareness around female entrepreneurship. If I am able to be present and have my words be valuable and heard I can do everything in my power to achieve success for both myself and the Canadian female business industry.
My dream job would be travelling around showcasing female-owned businesses with meaning, my own included! A few of those contributing to wellness and my dream life is complete! I would love to work closely with female entrepreneurs to build they confidence and skill sets as well as truly make a difference in their lives. I love being apart of the beginnings because they are so full of hope and potential and I want to empower women to want what they can achieve.
I was born in Amherst, Nova Scotia but spent most of my young childhood in Calgary, Alberta. I am lucky to have an amazing family who supported me in all my life choices growing up and gave me room to grow and become whoever I wanted to be. I travelled back and forth from British Columbia & Mexico in high school and moved back to Calgary for post Secondary shortly after!
I played my guitar and sang at a bar in Mexico as well as translated in an art shop in Mexico! I always had 1-3 jobs growing up, I loved to work!
I have always volunteered with my grandmother at the retirement home she worked at when visiting family over summers and Christmas holidays. I work closely with students in my community at industry presentations and one on one meetings frequently. As of recent we have been raising funds for the Covid-19 Relief Fundraiser for the Calgary’s Seniors Resource centre through various volunteering opportunities.
I am often told and feel that an unusual talent I have is that I am able to make people feel comfortable in almost any situation! Having gone to school for Massage Therapy nothing really phases me and I can keep a great poker face! Everyone deserves a space they can feel themselves so why not let them feel safe expressing anything they would like.
Oaxaca City, Mexico. It has amazing architecture and history!
In ten years I hope to be doing my dream job! I plan to execute my plans and goals to the best of my abilities and be able to do what I believe in. I will be spreading awareness for the strength of female entrepreneurs through speaking publicly, traveling, networking and creating as many resources and spaces for female CEOs as I can. Imagining the growth with not only myself, but with the help of my fellow female CEO’s, that could be achieved is deeply motivating. My plan is to be spending time with my family and those close to me as much as I can and enjoying the true benefits of being the boss of my business and life which to me is the time it gives me for my family and personal development.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 3:45 am
Responder al tema

Carmela Zarbo

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Uqa9hC

Height: 5’3
Hometown: Windsor, ON
Languages: English, Italian (Sicilian)
Carmela Zarbo is an empowered, confident, and responsible woman who strives to advocate against abuse and eliminate the stigma. Raised in Windsor, Ontario, Carmela comes from a religious Italian household. Carmela’s family has always supported her immensely and motivated her encouragingly, which has provided her with a solid foundation. In collaboration with her strength and belief that she can pursue anything she dreams of, Carmela reaches for the stars in all of her works.
Carmela attended Catholic Central and graduated with honors. Her academic career set for a busy lifestyle, as she balanced her job, helping the elderly while having a daily fitness routine and social relationships. Carmela is employed as a cashier of the grocery store The Real Canadian Superstore. In collaboration, Carmela enjoys challenging herself in activities, she hopes to demonstrate that women and men can do anything they set their minds to.
Carmela has been very blessed to grow up with the opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities. At a young age, she developed a passion for music, primarily playing the trumpet. Aside from the trumpet, Carmela participated in dance and writing competitions. Carmela has a creative side. She took lessons in drawing and videography, she also partook in constructing her Canadian national costume for Miss Universe Canada 2020.
Carmela’s greatest passion is videography. At the age of seventeen, she tested the waters with various editing programs. This experience opened a new chapter in her life, introducing her to explore different platforms such as Youtube. As she titles her very first video “Dying My Hair Again” where she later opens up about abusive relationships.
Carmela has grown and evolved immensely, she fell in love with all aspects of self-love. Mind, Body, and Soul. She enjoys living a healthy lifestyle through fitness and nutrition, which helps her feel empowered. As a previous victim of abuse, she continues to use her voice to advocate against abuse; physically, mentally, and emotionally. Carmela stands up for every woman and man to help individuals strive to their fullest potential.
Over the years my hobbies and interests have evolved immensely. I fell in love with all aspects of self-love. Mind, Body, and Soul. At a young age, I developed perseverance and determination, which encouraged me to strive for my greatest potential. All the way from dance, training, videography, and writing competitions.
Self-love has been a huge aspect of my life. I enjoy living a healthy lifestyle through fitness and nutrition, which helps me feel empowered, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I find indulgence in traveling, having experienced Canada has made it a goal to travel worldwide. I believe by putting ourselves in uncomfortable situations and out of our comfort zones, gives us the resilience to handle what life throws at us.
I express my creativity in many ways. In my younger years, I engaged in musical training, such as trumpet and then enhanced through dance; ballet. As I grew older, I enjoyed learning about my physical and mental health which led me to self-love (physically, mentally, and spiritually) which helped develop my communication and self skills. Through this, I began training which lead me to become healthier, stronger, empowered, and led me to become the woman who I am.
Although sports have not been a key aspect of my life. Growing up in an Italian household where European football, specifically my favorite sport has played a humongous role in my life, I partook in different events throughout my childhood and teenage years. Through this, I have gained determination, endurance, and most importantly happiness.
Growing up with my grandparents as my role models. My nonna is and will always be the most influential role model in my life. She was the hardest working, determined woman I have ever met. The battles she fought over the years have set an example of perseverance. Her strength has inspired me to do my best in anything life throws at me and to always have a positive outlook. She was the definition of work ethic and I know it has not only inspired me but also influenced many others in the Italian community. She was a hard-working, Italian woman and I hope to be an amazing role model to women and men as she was to me.
My proudest personal accomplishment unquestionably would be placing second place in a poem competition throughout Ontario. I struggled with school learning portraying to my professors that I would not be able to enhance my academic skills. However, I was once told by a professor; (Mr.Sperduti) “Reach for the stars but if you land on the clouds that’s okay too” in this quote it showed me the outlook to life. It gave me confidence, motivation, and to never give up on myself.
One of the most unique and memorable experiences for me was the time I was stopped in public and recognized by a woman who had watched my Youtube channel. Abuse can be physically, mentally, and emotionally. Being a vocal activist against abuse has changed and inspired my life immensely. Using different platforms such as Youtube and Facebook and talking to many different women and men has shown me that my voice and actions have helped many individuals. We shall all rise together and stand up as one family.
My career ambition is to become Miss Universe. In this, I have been preparing and practicing for months in order to show Canada that I will represent myself poise and sophistication throughout the Miss Universe Canada 2020 competition. I am an empowered woman, I pose all the qualities of a Miss Universe. I am motivated, dedicated, and responsible. Therefore meaning I would take full responsibility for what comes with the title of Miss Universe and I know I would be a great role model for men and women globally.
When I hear the statement “dream job” I think about Miss Universe. This job comes with a lot of responsibility and is more than just a crown; it is a once in a lifetime experience. Miss universe provides an individual with a platform. I would use this platform to put awareness against abuse and advocate for abuse globally. To focus on eliminating the stigma surrounding abuse. I believe to succeed, you must make things happen instead of waiting for them to happen.
I was born in Windsor, Ontario. As a child, I grew up in a European household where I was raised with a different outlook to life, In this, it gave me maturity and responsibility at a young age. Growing up my sister was my best friend and my number one support system. I remember traditional Sunday family dinners with authentic Italian food. I’ve experienced middle-class lifestyle and I’ve been through rough patches but in this, it taught me the importance of life, the importance of family.
The most interesting job I have had was working at the Real Canadian Superstore. For the last two years, every shift is something new and interesting. The staff at The Real Canadian Superstore have made my experience absolutely spontaneous but the customers are what make my work experience enjoyable. I think The Real Canadian Superstore is a company that every individual should experience at least once in their lifetime.

• 100+ hours for high school volunteerism

• Carousel of nations

• Tutoring (math, and French)

• Gardening work

• Elderly work

My unusual talent is that I can talk in a British accent.
Although I have only traveled throughout Canada. The most interesting place I have ever been is Stratford, Ontario. The streets of Stratford reminded me of a mini Europe. As Stratford is known for its modern Shakespearean play, they as well have outstanding cuisine. The hospitality was remarkable and the people were welcoming and beyond belief.
In ten years, I want to be a successful cosmetic registered nurse and help individuals around my community. To surround myself with positivity and love. I want to build platforms to help end the stigma surrounding abuse and hopefully be a role model to women and men globally. I desire to be married to a man with the same morals as myself and to create children of our own.
Becoming Miss Universe Canada has a lot of meaning to me as I have dreamt about this day. I am competing because I want to grow. To put awareness against abuse and eliminate the stigma. I am an empowered woman, I pose all the qualities of Miss Universe Canada and I would take full responsibility for what comes with the title. If this honor was bestowed to me I plan on preparing and getting organized for Miss Universe, in order to be my greatest self and represent Canada proud.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 3:50 am
Responder al tema

Cassidy Barry

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 UqaCrS

Height: 5’2
Hometown: Placentia, NL
Cassidy Barry was born and raised in the small fishing town of Placentia, Newfoundland with her parents and younger brother. She currently resides in the province’s capital city of St. John’s to study at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Cassidy proudly graduated high school among the top three of her class and received several scholarships to aid in pursuing her dreams of becoming a board-certified trauma surgeon. She is currently striving towards that dream as she completes an English Degree, prepares for her MCAT exams and avidly volunteers in her community. Aside from her university studies, Cassidy has also received formal education in gel nails, three-dimensional nail art and has earned the title of Swarovski Certified Nail Artist; which has allowed her to become her very own boss as she is an entrepreneur with a successful nail salon.
The arts have been a cornerstone in Cassidy’s life ever since she was able to hold a crayon and turn on her television. She spent many of her formative years learning to paint and draw. From an extremely young age, she knew she wanted to entertain people, this led her to drama-theater by grade two. As an adult, Cassidy has turned her love of the arts and performing into a career as she is currently a professional model with multiple publications both print and digital and also has several runway shows under her belt. Cassidy can also be found as a background actress in several episodes of the international television series Hudson & Rex.
On her rare days off, you can find Cassidy trading in her heels and makeup for boots and a helmet as she suits up to ride her motorcycle and snowmobile. Her newest favourite pastime is playing with her very large puppy and working on obedience training.
Cassidy has been fortunate to travel to several Canadian provinces and American states which has allowed her to learn about a plethora of cultures and histories. She enjoys immersing herself in a city’s culture no matter how long her stay is. She has studied French for an entire month in Quebec, played basketball in Walt Disney Florida, as well as visited Salem, Massachusetts home of the late writer Nathaniel Hawthorn and the site of the tragic witch trials. Through travel, Cassidy feels she has been enriched with knowledge and cultures and hopes to continue to travel the world and experience many more through her modeling, acting, and volunteering.
Volunteering holds a special place in Cassidy’s heart as she works for various charitable events within her province, including her recent role in helping the Rebel Dolls grant a sick child’s wish with calendar sales.
Although pageantry has been a new adventure for Cassidy, she has discovered it to be a very enlightening experience and a confidence booster. She is prepared and determined to shatter glass ceilings and represent her beautiful country of Canada on the Miss Universe Stage.
I love doing any form of creating or crafting. Anything from sculpting nails, to painting, sewing, or drawing. I always have various creative projects at home in various stages of completion. I most enjoy spending my spare time with my puppy and continuing to develop her skills through obedience training and just cuddling on the couch.
It was extremely expensive to be in activities where I lived as it typically involved traveling at least an hour from home, so I took advantage of anything that was offered in my town just so I could make friends and have something to do. My favorite training I have received would be the painting lessons I did for years as a very young child in a lady’s garage in Placentia. I also dipped my toes into swimming, dancing and skating, as well as piano and guitar while the opportunities were available. I have also received years of acting and athletic training through school. Finally, as an adult, I have been trained as a gel nail technician, a 3D floral nail artist and most proudly I have been certified as a Swarovski:registered: Nail Artist.
I played almost everything I could in school since there was nothing else to do. I played soccer from grade 3 until I graduated, I discovered basketball in grade six and through the sport I was privileged to travel to both Halifax, Nova Scotia and Orlando, Florida to play in tournaments, I also played volleyball while we had a team, I rowed and I was a cross-country runner both individually and on a team.
The person who influenced my life the most is my best friend Sarah. She has taught me to look for the best in everyone and everything. She had an unfortunate and relatively unstable childhood and upbringing, yet she is the most kind, loving and caring person you will ever meet. She is my personal ray of sunshine because she always finds a silver lining no matter what the situation. She is truly the embodiment of beauty inside and out and I strive every day to be half the person she is and a quarter as positive and uplifting as her.
My proudest personal accomplishment is being a homeowner at the age of 22. I worked extremely hard to be able to purchase my very first house and it has just recently become a reality for me. I feel that’s a pretty big thing to be proud of for my age.
I have lived with a minimally functional jaw for 12 years of my life which has required me to survive on a soft food diet and wear an oral splint for the last two years while I await surgery.
My career ambition is to become a board-certified trauma surgeon. Currently, I am working towards that goal by completing my undergraduate degree in English with a possible minor in biology as I had originally started my undergraduate degree majoring in Biology. I am also preparing to write my MCAT exams and do my Mini Mock Interviews while I volunteer within my communities.
My dream job would be to become a board-certified trauma surgeon who travels helping others in communities that don’t have adequate access to healthcare. I dream of saving, and changing lives.
I was raised in a very small town that is considered a rural town in Newfoundland it was originally settled as a fishing port. It is extremely picturesque as there are so many rolling hills and rocky shores. My childhood was very fun-filled. There was no real stores or places to go do things, so mostly I spent my time outdoors playing with other local children or I would go for various adventures with my family. I grew up driving everything with a motor and learning how to pick it apart and put it back together, while wearing a pretty pink dress and rollers in my hair. I was a complete mix of girly girl and tomboy so it was a very fabulously messy upbringing.
I worked full time as a housekeeper and receptionist at a small hotel named Bridgeway in my hometown for two years in high school. I actually bought my very first car by working there and it is also one of my favorite jobs to date because of how amazing my bosses and coworkers were; they even made cleaning toilets seem fun.

• MUN Monte Carlo event

• Ronald Macdonald House baking

• Habitat for Humanity MGM week

• Wheels for Wishes Calendar and Magazine

• Coldest Night of the Year annual walk

• MUN Blood

• Basketball camp coach

My most unusual talent would have to be my ability to know what type of nail product (acrylic, gel, acry-gel, etc.) I’m using by both smell and filing it. I like to consider that a talent.
Although I’ve had the privilege of traveling to multiple Canadian provinces and several American States; the most interesting place I’ve ever been would be Salem Massachusetts because it is so full of history. I was lucky enough to visit and tour Nathaniel Hawthorns house, as well as the ‘witch house’ owned by Judge Jonathan Corwin in ~1620.
In ten years I hope to be an accomplished actress finishing medical school and traveling the world. I also hope to continue running an expanded version of my current nail salon, including the addition of employees.
I am extremely grateful and humbled by this opportunity to represent my beautiful province of Newfoundland, and I hope I can do everybody proud during my time in Toronto. I am ready and prepared to represent our incredible country on the Miss Universe stage.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 3:54 am
Responder al tema

Catherine Chen

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Catherine-Chen-2020

Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Languages: English, Mandarin Chinese
Catherine Chen is a “dreamer-achiever”, who backs up her big dreaming, with even bigger action.
Catherine’s journey to Miss Universe Canada 2020 is a unique one. It is a story about the human potential, dreams, limiting beliefs, impossibilities, and the power of a definite decision.
This year, Catherine is setting “IM”possible goals, to show herself and others that whatever you set your mind on, you can do, no matter how “impossible” it may seem.
For Catherine, the idea of a pageant was both exciting and scary. She had never participated in a pageant or modelled before, she would only have 10 days to prepare, and this would be her last chance to compete before she reached the eligibility age limit. In other words, there were so many “impossibilities” in this goal, that it would fit the criteria of an “IM”possible goal perfectly.
Catherine is always up for a challenge, and has a motto of always giving her whole heart, and doing her absolute very best in all that she does.
She is a multi-faceted young woman who has excelled in all areas of life. Catherine is a management consultant (practicing in sustainably and climate change); on the side, she has also patented a hydrophobic mesh bandage technology, developed a million dollar real estate portfolio, and is passionate about the transformation of society through the love of humanity and earth.
Catherine sees the Miss Universe Canada title as an opportunity to spread kindness, inspiration, hope, and create positive social change!
One of my passions is bringing solutions to the world. Although that can take many forms, I have currently pursued real estate, patents and innovation, and sustainability and climate change. I love these areas as I truly believe business is one of the greatest tools to bring about positive societal change.
I love anything to do with learning and growth, and making things better; whether that be in personal development, health development, intellect development, or societal development. I dislike anything to do with injustice, corruption, and harm to mankind. Such evil hurts my heart, and creates a fiery passion in me to stand against such things happening to those who cannot or do not know how to stand up for themselves.
Chinese traditional dance.
I live a very active lifestyle, I run 4K every morning and work out 4-5 times per week. I am a huge proponent of physical health as it contributes to our emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual and even financial health! I also love to swim, bike, hike, and take barre class.
My grandfather has made a huge impact on my life. During his celebration of life, over 3000 people attended to pay him respects. At the event, I thought to myself “What does it take to live such a purposeful life, that would impact so many people to come”. My grandfather was a leader in the community, always putting the community first. I aspire to be like him, and to serve my community with love and kindness to create a better Canada for us all.
My proudest personal accomplishment has been to develop my real estate portfolio. I started when I was 26 years old, with the goal of purchasing two properties per year so that by the time I am 50 I will have fifty properties. This year I reached my goal by Q2. Thus, I thought of challenging myself and increasing the number of properties by double! I am well on my way, and have successfully closed property five. I have three more months for three more properties, and I totally believe I can do it.
The most interesting and unique thing is the pageant. I’m working with a life, business and transformation coach, and last Saturday she challenged me to set an “IM”Possible goal. Ie, a goal that seems impossible to me. At the time I had no clue what that goal could be.
Over the week, the idea of a pageant kept coming up. And I thought, wow this would be an “IM”possible goal. Because it would both excite me and freak me out, it would be a great challenge!
On Tuesday (with only 2 weeks before the pageant) I googled all available pageants in BC. On Wednesday I submitted an online application. On Thursday I received an invitation for a phone interview. On Friday I passed the first round of interviews. And, on Sunday I successfully completed the final interview and was selected for the pageant.
There are so many “impossibilities” in this. As I have never done a pageant, I only have 10 days to prepare. If I didn’t do it this year, I would not qualify for the next year because of the age cut-off of 28.
So I want to do this to prove to myself and others that anything is possible, if we just decide, follow through with action until we obtain the desired result, and have a positive go-getter attitude.
People know me as a “dreamer-achiever”. Although my head is in the clouds (and I truly believe that anything is possible), I am also an efficient, pragmatic, action-taker.
Naturally, this contributes to high ambitions for myself, and the outcomes of my life story. I aspire to be a balanced multi-faceted woman who is excellent in all areas of life including business, family, community, and personal life. I seek to one day build a billion-dollar real estate portfolio, have a research institute for leading medicines and innovations, and be a leader in the community to look out for the welfare of society and those who cannot look after themselves.
As mentioned above, I already am pursuing this through my consulting job, real estate investments, and inventing.
My dream job in life would be to encourage and inspire others to believe in and reach their potential, through sharing content and education on holistic health, emotional intelligence, relationships, and personal development. In turn, this would contribute to healthy individuals; and healthy individuals make up healthy communities; and healthy communities make up a healthy nation.
I was born in Canada, and raised globally in four nations (Canada, China, Romania, USA); at a very young age I considered myself an international citizen, and felt deeply connected to humanity and different cultures. I was exposed to a variety of personalities, cultures, values, and recognized quickly that although humans can express themselves in many ways; we fundamentally are the same. We all have a desire for a better life for ourselves, and our families.
One of my favourite jobs to date has been at Cinnzeo, a cinnamon bun bakery. I worked there as teenager at one of the smallest stores; which meant I was a one-woman show (i.e., the cashier, baker, cleaner, inventory manager, etc). This experience taught me how to manage many responsibilities at once, while still putting on my best attitude to welcome and serve the customers.
Community and social impact are incredibly important to me. I have been a long-term volunteer at Emerge Free (formerly know as CHILL, an anti-human trafficking organization), A21 (anti-human trafficking organization), and regularly volunteer at the local food bank. I am also a leader at our community group in church for young women.
My most unusual talent is my efficiency. You can ask all of my friends, managers, and co-workers, I am very fast at all the things that I do.
The most interesting place I have been to was Dubai! I had never been to the middle east prior to this trip to Dubai, so I thought it was incredibly majestic how all the woman wore abayas and men wear kanduras. During the trip, I learned more about the Muslim culture, and how inaccurate many stereotypes are. Especially, in regards to how prized, valued, and honored women are in the culture.
In ten years I hope to be in a life-giving marriage, with four beautiful children, and building a billion-dollar empire with my husband bringing divine solutions to the world through our portfolio of businesses. I would love to see my family as leaders in the community and nation, building a better Canada for us all.
I am grateful that Miss Universe Canada exists, as she represents beautiful and timeless ideals that are found more rarely these days.
Miss Universe Canada is a radiant young woman, possessing both inner and outer beauty, wisdom, grace, intellect, charm, poise, charisma, and care for more noble human ideals. She is worthy of becoming a role model to young women, she lives above reproach, and has integrity in all that she is, and all that she does.
To be worthy of the title, and earn the respect of the judges, a young woman must be able to authentically shine. This kind of radiance can only come when a young lady has taken the time to fully know herself, accept herself, love herself, and joyfully share her whole self with the world. Becoming Miss Universe Canada, would be a great honor to me, as it would represent that I have embodied these awe-inspiring ideals; for the purpose of positively influencing others.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 4:04 am
Responder al tema

Chantel Wiebe

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 UqaDv8

Height: 5’9
Hometown: High River, AB
Chantel Wiebe is a resilient and strong 20 year old who was born and raised in the small town of High River, Alberta. As an ambitious teenager she worked in the restaurant industry for 3 years alongside her father. Growing up, Chantel watched both her parents start and run their own successful businesses; and at the age of 15 she was inspired to start one as well, focusing on hairstyling, makeup artistry, and photography. She is an advocate for breaking stereotypes, and as the only woman on a four-man drywall crew, she lives what she believes. Chantel encourages women and girls to “break through and be you” because she believes women can do anything that men can do. Currently, she is licensed in financial services and enjoys educating people about the power of money and helping them reach financial freedom.
Chantel accomplished one of her greatest goals when she graduated from high school. Having struggled with ADHD and dyslexia, she aspires to be a voice for other students that struggle every day with an “invisible disability” and hopes that by sharing her story, she can inspire others never to give up because anything is possible with enough drive and desire. She is passionate about raising awareness while fighting on behalf of these students, and for schools to be more accepting and better equipped to help these students succeed. Chantel has always wanted to have enough money to put herself through school, and in the next 3-5 years, she plans to make that dream a reality, when she pursues a career as an athletic trainer and massage therapist.
Chantel loves dance and has been dancing since she was very young. She is also passionate about music, enjoys hanging out with friends and family, and loves having deep meaningful conversations. Chantel is a writer and uses stories, poems, and essays as a way to express herself. She loves sharing her creativity with style on both sides of the camera with modeling and photography and her newfound passion for creating YouTube videos. Her spunky spirit and optimistic personality made her a team player on the volleyball court, and the best cheerleader in the stands. Chantel gets hyped up about watching sports, her favorite being lacrosse.
Chantel is a charismatic leader, inspiring others in all that she does. She loves volunteering and putting other people first. Her empathy and the unconditional love she possesses for all people is what truly makes her unique. Her hometown church organizes senior’s lunches where she serves. Not only does she have a devoted passion for serving the elderly, but she also has a soft spot in her heart for children. For the past few summers, Chantel has volunteered at a camp as a cabin leader, in the kitchen, or wherever else they needed her. In 2017, she was blessed to represent Canada in the Dominican Republic for the Miss Beauty International pageant, and in 2018 she was given the opportunity to pour out love and blessings on others through a missions trip to Mexico. The highlights of both trips were visiting the orphanages and playing with the children. She has now made it her mission to visit at least one orphanage at every place she travels. Chantel also volunteers once a week at her high school to assist her sport science teacher by demonstrating how to properly prevent and treat athletic injuries.
My biggest passions include dancing, singing, volleyball, watching lacrosse, volunteering, hanging out with friends and family, doing people’s hair and makeup, and playing around with photography.
I was in dance for 2 years, and I have been in the choir for both my school and my church. I have my license as a financial advisor and have done a practicum as an athletic trainer for a lacrosse team.
I have done volleyball, dance, gymnastics, swimming, kickboxing, taekwondo, and working out.
My entire family has had such a huge impact on my life, but outside of my the name that comes to mind is Siera Bearchell, because since watching her compete in 2016, she is always so inspirational and uplifting. She has been a huge role model for me as she proved to the world that she could overcome anything.
It sounds simple, but my proudest accomplishment was graduating high school, after being told for so long, by so many people that it would never happen.
The most unique thing about me is my empathy and unconditional love that I have for all people. I always strive to help others and am at my best when the needs of others are being met.
I enjoy working in financial services right now, but eventually it is my goal to pay to put myself through school to become an athletic trainer and massage therapist.
Other than holding the title of “Miss Universe”, I would love to be an athletic trainer for a high end sports team, but more than anything I hope to someday become a mother.
I grew up in a small town, and most of my days were spent walking from one end of town to the other with my friends or hanging out at the downtown park. Though my childhood had its painful moments, I had so much love poured over me and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
I wouldn’t say it’s an unusual job, but I work part time with my brother hanging drywall. The days I go to work with them, I am the only woman on a four man crew. It’s interesting seeing the world from there and to be given the opportunity to work in a male dominated field.
I have volunteered at senior’s lunches that my local church puts on, spent a few of my summers volunteering at a summer camp as a cabin leader or wherever they needed me. I go in once a week to help my old teacher demonstrating tape jobs for athletic injuries to her class.
From laying on my stomach I can touch both of my feet to the back of my head. Other than that, I have the talent of drawing people in with my eyes.
I went to Dominican Republic for a pageant in 2017. It was incredibly beautiful and I loved all the work that I was able to do down there. The people were so kind and the food was absolutely delicious. Visiting the orphanage was by far my favorite part and I definitely can’t wait to go back.
10 years from now I will be turning 30. It is my goal to be married and have started my family with the love of my life. I will be financially independent and will be traveling the world. I would also like to continue building my YouTube channel as a way to document my memories and expand my platform.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 4:09 am
Responder al tema

Christina Harb

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Uqatwb

Hometown: Montreal, QC
Languages: English, Arabic, French
Christina Harb was born and raised in Lebanon. In 2006, she survived the Lebanon war and shortly after travelled with her family to Senegal where she completed a year of study in Al-Zahraa College before immigrating to Canada. She is now a proud Canadian Citizen living in Montreal where she speaks and writes three languages: English, French and Arabic. She is currently learning the American Sign Language as she believes that there is no Canadian community without the Deaf Community.
Being raised in Lebanon, a male-dominated society, Christina knew the importance of education for women to be independent, have a strong voice, reach full equality under all laws, access positions of power and end all policies that disadvantage women. For this reason, she completed two bachelor’s degrees from McGill University. Her first undergraduate degree was in Kinesiology and her second was in Physical and Health Education. Christina managed to be financially independent while excelling in her education. In 2017-2018 school years, she received four awards/Bursaries for her academic proficiency.
Having been a victim of bullying in high school, Christina was determined that her past events and experiences does not define her or her future. After all, she is now a confident, educated and independent candidate for Miss Universe Canada 2020. As a teacher, she makes sure that she applies strict anti-bullying measures. She is greatly involved in her community and is now volunteering for Sun Youth, MEMO-Qc and underwent the training to become a crisis responder for Crisis text line. Through her community involvement and her education, she learned about mental health disorders and was determined to complete the mental health first aid certification. She is convinced that human interactions should not be based on Newton’s Third Law of Action-Reaction. Rather, it’s important to look at the person’s reaction from a holistic perspective, making sure to understand their emotional, psychological, occupational and physiological state.
Through the Miss Universe Canada’s platform, Christina is hoping to inspire girls and women from all ethnic backgrounds to strive for more, to challenge themselves and to be active Canadian citizens involved in positions of power in each province and in our country at large. Pageantry throughout the world offers women a voice and helps reduce the gaps of gender inequality. Miss Universe Canada is an opportunity for her to use her knowledge, life experiences and voice to talk about important social issues and to advocate for gender equality in Canada and throughout the world. As she’s always asked women to challenge themselves, today, competing for Miss Universe Canada is her new challenge which will allow her to grow professionally, socially, and intellectually. Last but not least, as a girl, she grew up learning about the stories of many successful women and it taught her a lot about perseverance and hard work. Today, she looks forward to sharing her own story hoping to inspire more girls to dream big and to look up for personal, professional and academic growth in every experience and opportunity.
By nature, I am a sociable and outgoing person who always likes to meet new people. For this reason, volunteering to local organizations such as Sun Youth, Memo-Qc and other non-profit organizations have been my favorite activities during my free time where I get to learn about the different challenges that people face on a daily basis. Also, through my education in kinesiology and in physical and health education, I developed a passion for outdoor activities and sports. During the Wintertime, I like to go skiing and ice skating and during the summer period, I enjoy hiking, playing basketball, and tennis.

• Mental First Aid Certification

• CPR and AED

• Crisis Text Line

I have learned to play many sports through my friends and through my enrollment in Physical and Health Education at McGill University. I have been taught and coached by many talented McGill Head coaches and Olympic Athletes. Today, I can proficiently execute, teach and coach skills related to Volleyball, Tennis, Badminton, Tchoukball, Basketball, soccer, swimming, martial arts, Lacrosse and track & field.
Being surrounded by great people is the key to success. My best friend Ayah was not only my study buddy, she was also a source of support, motivation and a great example for amazing work ethic. We were always bringing the best out of each other, while also making sure to have fun. Ayah certainly made a great difference in my life and I would certainly advise kids and youth to wisely choose their friends and surroundings.
I have completed two Bachelors’ degrees from McGill University. The first one was in Kinesiology, I then decided to complete a second bachelor’s degree in Physical and Health Education. I am certainly proud of having completed these two Bachelor’s degrees. However, my proudest personal accomplishment was that I was able to complete my second full time undergraduate degree while being a full-time employee. Through this busy period of my life, I am proud to say that I still managed to excel in both my work and studies. Here are some awards that I received for my academic achievements at McGill University:
[list="box-sizing: inherit; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1rem; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 25px; line-height: 1.6; list-style-position: inside; font-size: 16px; font-family: Lora, BlinkMacSystemFont, -apple-system, Roboto, \"Lucida Sans"; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]
[*]Strathcona Trust Medal (2018): Awarded for four students from the department of kinesiology and physical education based on an outstanding academic performance.

[*]A.S. Lamb Scholarship (2018): Awarded by the Faculty of Education’s Committee on Student Affairs to students in Physical and Health Education on the basis of academic merit and professional promise.

[*]Univ-Qc Tuition Support Bursary (2018) : Awarded to students with exceptional academic performance and who are in financial need.

[*]Elizabeth Millar Cosens Bursary (2017): Awarded to a woman in Physical Education on the basis of academic record, motivation and financial need with the primary concern being given to academic proficiency.

[/list]
My academic years in kinesiology at McGill University have been filled with personal, academic and financial challenges. I clearly remember one day back in 2014 when I was eating a subway sandwich at the Promenade Cathedral mall at McGill Metro while thinking about all the challenges that I was facing at that period of time. Surrounded by all the negative thoughts, I couldn’t stop my tears from falling silently. I started hiding my crying face by looking down at the table. A few seconds later, an old homeless man came at me with tissues, gave me a warm hug and set next to me. He was ready to listen to all of my problems and to what I was going through at that moment. He accompanied me through that difficult moment and made me feel empowered and ready to face my challenges. This is the most unique experience that I lived. This man did not have a warm home like I did, he did not have a job like I did, he did not have a family like I did, yet, he was seeing life in a much brighter and optimistic way than me. Since that day, I learned to look at the bright side of every challenging experience and to always be grateful to what I have.
I am a woman with a lot of ambitions, I do not have one destination but many. But, If I have to state one career ambition, I can say that with my two bachelors’ degrees in kinesiology and in Physical and Health Education, I dream to work at the Ministry of Education to oversee regulations, provincial curriculum, and educational services for publicly funded schools. For this purpose, I am looking to complete a master’s and a PhD degree in Educational Leadership and Policy while teaching elementary, high school or college students.
I dream to become the first Miss Universe titleholder to become a Prime Minister. I believe that women are capable in becoming great leaders of our great country and I am determined to lead by example to encourage other women to take the necessary steps to be involved in the highest decisions of our country.
My childhood was very adventurous. I was raised in Lebanon where I attended elementary and half of my high school years. In Lebanon, I learned to speak and write Arabic. I was fortunate to have many friends living next to our house, so I was used to playing outdoors with my friends every day. During the 2006 Lebanon War, we received multiple bombs in proximity to our house and that is one of the scariest experiences that I have lived as a child. Unfortunately, It was heartbreaking for me to know that one of my classroom friends passed away during the war. Few months after the war ended, my parents decided to take us to Senegal to offer us a more peaceful life and a brighter future. We stayed in Senegal for a year during which I was able to make new friends, complete my secondary two and learn the basic Wolof phrases. By late 2007, we arrived at our great Country Canada that offered us the peaceful life and the bright future that every child deserves. I am forever grateful to be Canadian. These early experiences taught me that the past does not determine the future; therefore, if you would like to go forward in life, you must reflect on these early experiences and see how it shaped you, then put it on the side, and keep living your life to the fullest!
Here is a fun story: During Summer 2009, I was determined to help my parents financially. My friend informed me about this Strawberry Picker Job opportunity that was available for everyone who is looking to work. I thought that this was a great opportunity for me to show to my parents that I can help! So, I convinced my sister to come with us. At 6:00 a.m. the next day, we arrived at the metro station where we would get the farmers bus that takes us to the farm. Once we arrived at the location, we were informed that we were paid 5$ per strawberry bucket. I thought that it was great until I realized that the strawberry grows on the ground and that the weather turned out to be extremely hot on that day. Having to squat for the entire day without having water nor food was a tearful experience. Here is the funny part: We stayed at the farm from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. and we only got about 30$ each for the entire day!! I came back home and gave 15$ off my salary to my parents who acknowledged my efforts and offered me to keep it!!!!
Through this experience, I learned to appreciate the hard work of our local farmers and that is when I decided to buy fruits, vegetables and dairy products from local farms.

• Touch_Volunteers-in-Partnership Program: Reaching individuals in the community requesting social connection during the Covid-19 crisis.

• Moèlle Épinière et Motricité Québec : Assisting in the supervision and execution of different events and outings organized for people with limited mobility.

• Sun Youth: Helping in the distribution of Christmas baskets for individuals and families in need.

• Jewish General hospital: Guiding patients at the emergency unit throughout their waiting time and assisting different staff members by doing basic office work.

• Train to Help: Fundraiser organized by my best friend and myself in which we trained a group of individual in exchange of items to be donated for homeless people.

• Terry Fox Run: Cancer has taken two members of my family and I contributed to this event to help advance cancer research and support cancer patients.

• 30 minutes à fond pour le fonds at Nautilus plus : Fundraiser organized by Nautilus plus for the advancement of Cancer Research.

• McGill Run for Outreach: Fundraiser to ensure free dental services for people in need as I am aware that dental treatments can be expensive and unaffordable for some Canadians.

I have 6 lovely budgie birds at home. With my budgies, I learned to understand their body language and to differentiate their sounds: Happy Chirrups, Unhappy Chirrups, Squawking, Chattering, Singing, Chiding, Beak grinding,
I have been at the Island of Gorée (Île de Gorée) in Dakar, Sénégal known as the location of House of Slaves. Today, it is considered as a reminder of human exploitation and as Dakar tourist trail.
For me, health is the most important aspect. So, I hope in ten years to be in great health and fitness and have my loved ones surround me. When it comes to my occupation, I hope to achieve my current dream job and career ambition. I would certainly like to be able to improve Quebec Education system to offer richer educational resources to students in Public schools hoping to reduce the percentage of high school dropouts. When it comes to my personal life, I hope to have my own small family, to travel to at least 10 destinations and to meet with a few international celebrities such as Queen Rania of Jordan, Shah Rukh Khan and Beyoncé.
My life experiences helped me become the resilient, independent, and hard worker that I am today. My life was filled with a lot of difficulties, and with time and experience, I learned to manage my downs to keep progressing towards my ultimate occupational and personal goals. I am fortunate to be Canadian: I was allowed to dream, live in peace, achieve higher education, work, and aim to start a family of my own where I would have the same human rights as my future husband. It would be a great honor to become the next Miss Universe Canada and to represent Canada at the Miss Universe Organization. I believe that my life experiences, my education, my community involvement, my work ethics, and the beautiful Canadian values instilled in me would certainly make me a suitable candidate for Miss Universe Canada and Miss Universe. As a titleholder, I will be able to use my knowledge and experiences in promoting multiple causes through the Miss Universe Canada’s platform. First, through my mental health first aid certification and my involvement with Volunteers in Partnership and my training in the Crisis text line, I will be able to advocate for mental health education, prevention, and treatment. Through my involvement in Moèlle Épinière et Motricité Québec, I am looking forward to highlighting the challenges that people with limited mobility face in our country. Finally, through my bachelor’s degree in physical and health education, I look forward to emphasizing on how we can improve our public education system to allow for our kids’ higher chances of success in high school.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 4:20 am
Responder al tema

Christina Williams

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 UqaK0l

Height: 5’2
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Occupation: Healthcare Administration and part-time Hospitality
Christina is a charismatic, passionate and ambitious young woman, with a zest for life.
She was born in Toronto, raised in the greater Toronto area and now currently resides Downtown, Toronto. Christina graduated with Honours from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, located in Oshawa, Ontario, with her Bachelors’s in Human Health Science and a minor in business entrepreneurship. Currently, she is working in healthcare administration at a downtown hospital as a medical screener. Towards the completion of her degree, she also embarked on her very first business venture, and established her own fitness brand, BodiedByTina. Fitness and health has always been one of her greatest passions, and it was only a matter of time before she channeled this passion into something profitable. Through her business she has the pleasure of creating content for her fitness page and channel, creating customized programs and plans for clients and friends, and personal training. Christina is also no rookie to pageantry, as she competed and placed 1st runner up in the Miss West Indian Canadian pageant in 2018.
In spite of all of her various endeavours and passions, Christina’s primary career aspiration has always been to become a board-certified Dermatologist. Christina had quite an early exposure to the field of dermatology, as she began to struggle with her skin very early on in life. This eventually led to her keen interest in all abnormalities of the largest organ of the body, the skin. Throughout her career she has hopes of exploring different area’s of research including skin cancer, incidences of skin cancer in minority & marginalized populations as well as climate change and how it may affect our health in the future on the surface level. Although she is graduated, Christina is currently taking the time to prepare for her MCAT exam, work in a healthcare setting and gain valuable patient experience, and is also working as a co-investigator on a research study focused on lung cancer screening with a team from Women’s College Hospital and UofT. Working at Women’s for the past 2 years has also exposed her to the inequities that women-especially minority women face in today’s healthcare system. She hopes to use her platform to bring more light to this issue, and advocate for equal access to care for all. When her head isn’t tucked away in the books or working, you can either find Christina at the gym weight training, rollerblading along Toronto’s gorgeous lakeshore or somewhere comfy editing YouTube videos for her channel. Christina prides herself on presenting to the world a well-rounded and wholesome version of herself, and hopes to inspire others by being an exemplary role model for women everywhere.
I have a very vast array of interests and hobbies, and like to consider myself a woman with many hats. I have always loved and enjoyed physical activities since childhood, which into my adult years led me to be comfortable with various hobbies that keep me physically active and healthy, which has always been a passion and priority of mine. I enjoy working out regularly, rollerblading/skating, running and also using my fitness background to train others and have started my own fitness brand BodiedbyTina as a result. My other set of hobbies and interests allow me to tune into my creative side. These include filming and editing videos for my Youtube Channel, playing my violin, cooking and trying new cuisines, singing and creating content (whether through videos or ebooks) for my fitness page and clients. Additionally, I enjoy travelling and immersing myself in new cultures.
From the age of 5 years old, I was fortunate enough to be involved in various activities and expressions of art. My parents were very keen on my level of energy and love for movement and dance, and soon after had me enrolled in dance classes. I trained in Ballet, Jazz and acrobats until the age of 9, as my interests drifted away from the arts and more into sports. I transitioned to gymnastics followed by competitive cheerleading into university.
I was also given the opportunity to explore my musical talents at a young age. I started with playing the piano, then at 11 I added the violin to my roster of instruments. I also played the clarinet throughout high school and was a member of the band. I’ve always loved playing and still enjoy making music to date, however, I did have my struggles while learning to play as a child. I found it more challenging than it should’ve been to play with sheet music, and preferred playing by ear as it was easier for me. At the time I thought only playing by ear was rebellious, because my musical teachers weren’t fond of it, but have found that it’s actually a musical gift to be able to play by ear. A gift that has made it easier for me to learn the songs I love, memorize them and perform them with more ease.
The final training I had was unrelated to the arts, but helped me with my public speaking and performance skills. I took courses in presentation and speaking skills, which helped me improve a speech impediment I once had and improved my confidence overall.
Throughout my childhood I was involved in various sports and activities, which included skating, swimming, cross country, gymnastics, track and field which I continued to compete in throughout high school and finally competitive cheerleading that I competed in throughout university.
The most influential person in my life has always been Jesus Christ, who is the centre of my faith. As someone who grew up in a Christian household, I was taught to lean on him in times of trouble. Growing up I have always found my confidence and reassurance in the teachings of my faith. I’m a firm believer that to this day, every accomplishment I’ve achieved and blessing I’ve received has come as a result of my trust and faith in God and his teachings. Many times when I’m faced with life’s difficulties and uncertainty, my first instinct is to stop, centre myself and reconnect with the values I was taught and inspired to portray. Often I’ll ask myself, “what would Jesus do” when in the face of conflict. Fun fact: my parents decided to name me Christina, because it means “to be like Christ” and “anointed one”. I know I will never be as perfect and blameless as Christ was as humans we cannot expect to be, but every day I aim to present to the world a heart and love that reflects Christs’.
My proudest personal accomplishment is being the first of my family to graduate from university with a science-based bachelors, and with honours. The experience was challenging, I had no one in my family to look up to for guidance. With determination, perseverance and the constant support of my parents however, I was able to achieve this goal and prove to myself that I can achieve anything I set my mind to and trust that God will give me the strength to achieve. Not only did I complete my bachelors in Human Health Science, I also attained a minor in business entrepreneurship, and held various positions in student government while in university. These positions included vice-president & VP of student life for the health science society, president & VP of events for the Caribbean students association, events coordinator for the UOIT Medlife chapter and many more. I was also a founding sister for the Alpha Tau chapter of Kappa Beta gamma-international sorority, and I held the position of philanthropy, academic and health and wellness chair throughout my time there.
Many will agree that the most interesting thing about me is my warm and inviting personality. I once shied away from expressing my animated and quirky persona, until I realized how approachable it allows me to appear to others. Now I take pride in sharing my sense of humour and allowing my positive energy to be felt immediately in any room I walk into. I believe that when we allow our true and sincere selves to shine through over forced perfection, we’re able to portray ourselves in a more human-like light that others are able to relate to, and can build and sustain more genuine relations with others. Overall, I am a people’s person and love to entertain and put a smile on everyone’s face that I encounter.
My career ambition is to become a board-certified Dermatologist/Physician. I dream of opening a cosmetic and medical clinic in the GTA and another overseas. Currently, I am studying for the MCAT exam, and completing work on a research study focused on lung cancer screening with my team at a Hospital downtown in preparation to apply to Medical School. I’m also working full-time at the hospital where I’m gaining valuable patient experience. I will be returning to school in 2021 to start my Master’s, then I’ll be starting medical school once that degree is completed.
My dream job is to become a Board Certified Dermatologist, working hands-on with patients and exploring research in skin cancer among minority and marginalized populations.
I was raised in Mississauga and Brampton, Ontario, which are located in the peel region. My childhood was very exciting and my parents kept us busy with travelling often and various extracurricular activities like swimming, dance, music lessons and more. I also grew up in a solid Christian home, so Church activities were also a major part of our lives. One aspect of my childhood that helped to make me who I am today, is how often we moved. My family and I moved to a new house every 5 years and 3 times throughout my childhood. As a child, this wasn’t the most ideal situation, as I would frequently change schools and was always “the new kid”. This made it particularly difficult to form lasting friendships and led to me being picked on and bullied. As rough as the constant moves were for me, looking back it made me who I am today and for that I am grateful. At a young age I learned how to be adaptable in any given situation or environment, I managed to become a very quick learner in order to compensate for different routines at my various schools and I was able to foster my people skills that allowed me to easily form genuine relationships quickly as a child.
I’ve had the opportunity to work in a variety of settings that have granted me many memorable or valuable experiences. My most interesting job to date has been banquet serving, at a prestigious banquet & convention centre in the GTA. This position was the 1st of my serving and bartending jobs, and one of my favourites. Every weekend I was serving at multiple weddings, bridal showers, graduations and other special occasions. What made this job so memorable and exciting was being able to observe various weddings and special occasions from a different cultural viewpoint. The experience really allowed me to immerse myself in other cultures and customs, and observe the beauty of Canada’s multiculturalism.
My volunteer experience includes:

• Women’s Cancer Centre, volunteer research assistant

• The Ricky Kanee Schachter Centre for dermatology, clinical liaison

• Lakeridge Health Hospital, seniors assistance program

• Kappa Beta Gamma international Sorority-Alpha Tah chapter, philanthropy chair (overseas all philanthropic work for the sisterhood, with a focus on special olympics as our official international philanthropic cause)

• The Denise House Women’s Shelter

• Vincent’s Kitchen-Durham outlook

• York University Summer Kids camp program

• Various involvement in my churches events and community outreach charities/initiatives.

Volunteering has opened many doors for me and has given me experiences I would’ve never had the chance to take part in otherwise. My current position, placement on my research team and clinical experience all came as a result of volunteering, which is why I always emphasize the importance of getting involved with your community and volunteering because you never know what opportunities it will provide for you.
An unusual talent I have is being able to compose music on my violin or piano. I have a gift to hear music and replay it by ear, on any of my given instruments. For me it’s quite amazing because as a learner I struggled to play via sheet music, and found ease in hearing a song and finding the notes on the instrument and memorizing the entire song under a couple hours. This talent has made it quite easy for me to perform music covers on my violin without sheet music, because as I’m learning the song on the instrument I’m also memorizing it.
I’ve been fortunate enough to have been traveling all my life. The most interesting place I’ve ever been to however, is my parents country of origin, Jamaica. Growing up I have always been in tune with my culture, but being able to visit my parent’s home for the first time at the age of 14 was an experience I’ll never forget. I’ve always felt like a Jamaican at heart by how I was raised, from our values, customs, music, food and more. Being able to experience all these things while on the beautiful island in person instead of imagining it, however, allowed me to truly connect to my roots, where my family comes from and who I am. Upon my first visit, I finally understood the meaning behind our many customs and ways of life. I’ve enjoyed revisiting the island and hold my heritage closer and closer to my heart with every visit. I have always referred to myself as a Jamaican-Canadian, however, my confidence in my identity has grown and solidified once I was able to visit the country.
In the next 10 years, I’ll be a graduate with my Masters and medical degree, and a practicing physician in the field of dermatology. I have hopes of owning and operating a medical and cosmetic Dermatology Clinic & spa. I also have aspirations to be traveling and volunteering and exploring skin cancer research internationally.
I would like to add that, whichever journey you’re on in life, remember to stay true to yourself. “Comparison is the true thief of all joy”, which is a concept I struggled and grappled with for quite some time. Never allow the images in the media or impressions of other people’s lives to deter you from your dreams. This is especially important for any woman competing in pageants. And even if you’re not involved in pageants, remember that there’s only one healthy and worthwhile comparison you should make, and that’s you today vs. you yesterday. Sharing this is very important to me, as I struggled with comparison and imposter syndrome. Feeling like I was never ready enough or lacking in worthiness has cost me opportunities and distracted me from why I go after the opportunities I do.
Therefore, with sharing this struggle of mine I hope to inspire others to never second guess themselves, or place limitations on what they can achieve based on what others have done. Go after whatever it is you’re passionate about and enjoy every part of the journey. You’re your most beautiful when you remain honest and true to who you are. Wherever this pageant takes me, I’ll be overjoyed to know I remained true to myself and abilities and enjoyed every moment of it.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 4:25 am
Responder al tema

Dominique Doucette

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 UqaPxF

Height: 5’8
Hometown: Québec City, QC
Languages: English, French
Occupation: Human Resources Advisor, Part-time Student in Public Communication
Dominique was born and raised in the beautiful city of Campbellton, New Brunswick. She fell in love with being on stage at 4 years old during her first dance show. Since then, she has done dance, improv, drama shows, talent shows, stand up comedy, fashion show, animation, photoshoots, conferences, speeches, and many more. She felt the most alive when she was on stage, but growing older, Dominique realized that it’s by helping others that we truly find ourselves.
Dominique is well known for her leadership, she has been the president of the student body counselor in elementary school and in high school. Dominique used to be a dance teacher for many years, she loved to have a positive influence on young girls and show them her passion. Dominique went to Louisiana to support and to talk about the importance of the bilingualism at the Acadian Congress. She was also an active member of the Little Breakfast Club at her High School. This goal-oriented person won the Youth Merrit Award which recognizes young adults as potential leaders of tomorrow’s complex world.
In Dominique’s opinion, a person who doesn’t get out of their comfort zone doesn’t grow which led to the decision to move to Quebec City and pursue her education. She thinks as we live different experiences, we become more conscious of ourselves and we develop emotional intelligence. She graduated from Laval University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations with honors for her involvement towards the community. Furthermore, Dominique was part of the Excellence Competition of Industrial Relations. She was a member of the Joint committee where she represented all the students in her program to improve the students’ experience during their studies. During that time, Dominique was also doing conferences for an antibullying campaign. Dominique was nominated for the campaign Du monde à connaitre which is an awareness campaign initiated by the Regional Immigration Dialogue Table of the Capitale-Nationale. It aims to show the positive side and the richness of immigration in the region. Dominique was also the Co-manager of Défilé Luna, who raised more than 30,000$ for Opération Enfant Soleil throughout the 4 years. Dominique modeled to raise money and raise awareness for eating disorders. In the meantime, she also created a discussion group for women who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
Throughout all her accomplishments, Dominique always kept a warm place in her heart for the town she grew up in. She was the guest of honor at the graduation ceremony of 2016 at the Polyvalente Roland-Pépin, back in her hometown. That same year, her high school honored her in their Hall of Fame for everything she’s accomplished after high school, including pursuing her dreams and making her school known all around the world. Self-confidence, interpersonal skills, speaking in public, making decisions and assuming the consequences, sense of organization, planning, coping with constraints and unforeseen events, but above all making it happen, Dominique has known how to adjust, make compromises and more often than not, make adjustments to her original plan. All of these are essential when tackling everything life has to offer.
Dominique is a passionate human resources advisor who develops her capacity to adapt herself in various situations. Out of 10,000 members of the Certified HR Advisor Association, she was chosen to represent the next generation of leaders in her field at the annual Human Resources Congress. As a Human Resources Advisor I think it’s important to have organizations that include people from different cultures. She advocates to make job opportunities more accessible for all and for diversity to be more present because it represents our Canadian culture. It’s a real benefit to include more minorities in the organization.
This won’t be Dominique first pageant. She was Miss Salmon Festival 2014, Miss New-Brunswick Second Runner up 2014, Miss Canada 2015 and Miss Teenager Universe 2015. Dominique was also a Duchess of the Quebec Winter Carnaval in 2018. After a few years away from the pageantry, Dominique is more than ready to make a comeback at Miss Universe Canada 2020. Her time away made her even more motivated to get back on that stage and show the world her passions and leadership.
I practice yoga because it helps centralize my energy (I have a lot). I love to volunteer and to get involved in different projects. This year I am part of a committee with the Young Chamber of Commerce of Quebec named Bourse Jeune Entreprise. The objective we have is to raise as much services as possible to support future entrepreneurs and help young businesses get off the ground. I also enjoy attending many fundraisers for kids with autism, mental health, and many more.
Since a young age I loved all sort of performing arts. I danced for over fifteen years and I continue to do so as a way to express myself. Moreover, my mother taught me how to draw. In elementary school I won a few drawing contests. I even drew my deputy Christmas card.
I was captain of my improv team in high school and we also won the provincial championships. I was part of the Drama club for many years and I won the best comedian at a Festival.
Beside spending the most of my time dancing like I mentioned earlier, in New Brunswick we have wonderful outdoors scenery, so I enjoyed skiing and snowboarding. I was also a softball player. I had the chance to represent the Restigouche County at the Jeux de l’Acadie.
It is definitely my grandfather Pete. On Christmas Eve 1994, he asked my mother to give him the gift he always wished for and it was for a little granddaughter. In September 1995, I made my first step into this world. He is my inspiration because he was proud of all of my accomplishments.
I really look up to him, because he was a fighter. He fought in the Korean War for our country. He fought for his place on a junior hockey team for the love of our national sport. He fought for making his way as a culinary chef in Lake Louise. He fought to help my grandmother with her business and the family. He also fought against cancer.
Unfortunately, it is the only battle he didn’t win. In 2004, my inspiration lost his life to cancer, but he is and will always be my hero. I wish I could have his courage, his audacity and his charisma.
In Campbellton, everybody knew Pete. One day, I hope everybody knows me in a positive way like my grandfather who used to be an active member of the community.
I am really proud to have worn Canada across my chest in 2015 at the Miss Teenager Universe Pageant in Panama City. I am also proud to say that I am the first and only Canadian to have won this title so far. This is my proudest accomplishment, not only because I got to wear the crown but because it allowed me to be someone all the young girls from eastern Canada could look up to. If I was able to do it, all those young girls can do it too.
During this year I got involved in many projects, many charities and to give a smile on another person’s face is the most satisfying thing. I understand how to handle the pressure of an international title. Most importantly, I learned how to be humble and to always have humility because that is the quality that led me to win the title.
In 2012, I was chosen to receive the Vimy Pilgrimage Award. This award recognizes the actions of young people who are dedicated to the betterment of society by demonstrating an outstanding commitment to volunteer work through positive contributions, notable deeds, or bravery that benefits their peers, school, community, province.
The Vimy Pilgrimage Award consists of a fully funded week-long educational program in Belgium and France to study Canada’s tremendous First World War contribution.
The First World War is an important, strategic moment in Canadian history and this experience helped me foster a greater appreciation for the sacrifices made for our freedom.
My main career ambition is to break the glass ceiling. Women shouldn’t be doing 32% less than men in terms of salary. I will achieve my goal by working harder than men to be heard and to defend our interests.
I want to start a Master’s in Electronic Business Technologies because I am passionate about innovative ways of conceiving and organizing businesses more efficiently.
I want to do it part-time to conciliate with my amazing responsibilities that I have as a Human Resources Advisor. I work every day to make a difference in the workplace, to make it more inclusive. Economic immigration has always been the lifeblood of Canada’s economic success and has played a key role in the building of our great nation. While our immigration system has many goals, immigrants of all skill levels should be able to come to Canada for jobs where they struggle to find Canadians to fill them.
As a Human Resources Advisor, I think it’s important to have organizations that include people from different cultures. I think businesses need to be more open to immigration to support Canada’s development in the economy as we face issues regarding employment.
That invisible barrier should disappear with the abundance of innovation and affluence of diversity.
My dream job would be a position where I have an impact on humans daily because I think they are the center of any business. I would be blooming if I had a career that allowed me to use my creativity, my communication skills and my unifying spirit.
I grew up in Campbellton, New-Brunswick. Being from a small town you get raised not just by your parents but by your whole community. My parents both have a successful career and have always shared the importance of education to my older brother and I.
Besides having hardworking parents, I had the most supporting ones too. They gave us the opportunity to follow our desires and to be part of any sports or any extracurricular activities that we wanted to. Being committed to such activities taught me essential life skills like time management, teamwork and discipline.
I consider myself lucky because I never missed out on anything, but my parent raised me to be grateful about it everyday and to help those who didn’t have the same opportunities as I did.
In 2017, I had the opportunity to represent the Quebec Winter Carnaval in Paris. My team and I did presentations in travel agencies to promotes the pleasure of the snow in France. We also promote our maple syrup products at a booth in a job fair. We also visited the Canadian Embassy in Paris. It was great to share our history and our love for winter.
In 2019, I was an extra for a comedy show. I had to dress up has a poutine for the opening number.

• Youth Chamber of Quebec

• Opération Enfant Soleil

• Moisson Québec

• STAND 4

• Maison L’éclaircie

• Breast Cancer

• Little Breakfast Club

• Anti bullying campaign

• P.A.R.T.Y. prevent alcohol and risk related trauma in youth

• Family Hospitality Day

• Excellence competition of Industrial Relations

• Initiatory of Industrial Relations

• Joint Committee of Laval University

• International Car Exposition

• Quebec Winter Carnaval

• Improv league

• Speaker for AEFNB

• Fidèle Moustachu

• FJFNB

• Speaker for SPFF

• Soup Kitchen

• Children Wish Foundation

• Festivent

• Rod Harquail Family Tournament

• YWCA

• Salmon Festival

• IWK Foundation

• And many more.

I have a great memory for song lyrics, but I can’t sing.
I have a good sense of humor and I make people laugh easily.
I think that going to see Miss Universe 2019 in Atlanta all by myself last December was an interesting experience. Seeing those poised and powerful women on stage made me certain that I wanted to take this challenge.
In ten years, I hope to be sharing my passion for philanthropy with my future family. I hope to be in a manager position in Human Resources. I hope I will continue to inspire people and be surrounded by inspiring people too.
I hope to make Eastern Canada proud and to remind every Canadian that confidence is simply a mindset.
To be confidently beautiful,
c’est de partager cette confiance et d’être bien dans sa peau
simplemente creer en ti mismo y en tus habilidades.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 4:28 am
Responder al tema

Emily Lau

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 Emily-Lau-2020

Height: 5’8
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Emily was taught and raised to be as diverse as possible. When you get to know her, you will see that. She has experience in the arts, music, photography, law, politics, economics, finance, marketing, hospitality, and much more.
Emily Lau was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. She graduated from Ryerson University with a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in Economics & Management Science and minoring in Finance. She currently works in the marketing industry with a full-time job at an agency. She also has a few small businesses of her own. These endeavours include marketing consulting where she helps individuals and small businesses, and a luxury resale (consignment) business. Emily is also a professional photographer. She shoots weddings, engagements, models, concerts, products and food. Her proudest moment in her career was shooting a wedding at the Vatican.
Emily has traveled extensively with having visited 80 countries and 6 continents. She hopes to see every country by the time she is 30 years old. This is how Emily became a social media influencer with over 150,000 followers.
Other than becoming Miss Universe Canada, Emily’s dreams include becoming an entertainment lawyer to work alongside some of her favourite talents, including musicians and athletes, and to be able to devote more time to volunteering abroad where individuals lack basic necessities.
Traveling, of course. I believe every country has something unique to offer and teach its tourists. I love to immerse myself into different cultures, and traveling to all corners of the earth allows me to do just that.
I’m a huge fan of music. I love to play music and go to as many concerts as I can. I also love to stay active through yoga, Pilates, bootcamps, hiking, playing volleyball and basketball.
Photography is another passion of mine. I was given an entry level Canon DSLR for my 15th birthday, and fell in love with it ever since. I am so blessed that I am able to work as a photographer today.
I started playing the piano at the age of 8. In just 4 years, at the age of 12, I was certified with the Royal Conservatory of Music with completing their program of Grade 8 piano. However, I’ve given up playing competitively and now enjoy playing for fun. I played the trumpet and bass guitar in school as well. As for other arts, I am a self-taught photographer.
I played a lot of sports in school. I was on the volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer, track & field, and rugby teams. I was even captain of the volleyball and basketball teams for some years, and received MVP awards.
I haven’t stopped playing volleyball (indoor & beach) and basketball – my two favourite sports.
My proudest accomplishment is being the first in my family to graduate from university. My parents immigrated to Canada for better opportunities for the next generation. I am proud to have earned my Bachelor of Commerce degree in 2017. I majored in Economics & Management Science and minored in Finance.
I would say the most interesting thing about me is that I have traveled to 80 countries.
Another really interesting thing that I want to add is that I am a huge rocker chick. Most people don’t expect this when they look at me, but I love classic rock, heavy rock and metal.
My career ambition to become a lawyer. Music and sports are passions of mine, therefore, I would love to practice entertainment law and work alongside musicians and athletes. My plan to accomplish that goal is to gain a few more years of work experience as I love what I currently do before I buckle down and become a student again.
My “dream job” in life would to be a full-time human rights activist and humanitarian. If I was able to support myself financially and not have to work again in my life, that is what I would do. We are so privileged here in Canada. With having visited many less fortunate countries, it has opened my eyes to the adversity that many face in their daily lives, including fearing basic necessities to survive.
I was born and raised in Toronto with strict Asian parents. As a child, I was put into a variety of extracurriculars with very little time to spend with friends. I had Saturday school where I learned Cantonese, had math class and art class as well. On top of this, I did piano, swimming, and skating. I definitely did not appreciate any of it as a child, but when I look back today, I am so glad that they did that for me. It has molded me to be diverse and to continue to be as diverse as possible in everything I do.
When I was 16 years old, I had a summer internship at Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) Bas Balkissoon’s constituency office. He was the MPP for the Scarborough-Rouge River riding. It was such an eye-opening experience dealing with constituents, and organizing fundraising events.
Another fun one I had was during the beginning of the pandemic, I signed up to be a food delivery courier. Even though this only lasted a few days, I quite enjoy trying anything once.
Most of my volunteer experiences have been done abroad. I enjoy traveling abroad to volunteer whenever I have a long break from school and/or work.

• Maximo Nivel via IVHQ (Cusco, Peru) – a two-week holiday project where I provided medical, childcare and construction & renovation assistance.
  • TH School via IVHQ (Faridabad, India) – teaching children in the slum
  • Daya Nivasa via IVHQ (Kandy, Sri Lanka) – attending to those with special needs

Being able to survive a mosh pit at a rock/metal concert.
Having been to 80 countries, this one is a tough one! Every place is so unique and magical in their own special way. If I had to just pick one, I would say South Africa. It was the first overseas country I traveled to… alone! I was able to learn, challenge myself, make new friends, relax and appreciate my life all at the same time. I went on a safari. I learned so much in Johannesburg with the Apartheid. I was able to then travel to Cape Town and play beach volleyball with the beautiful ocean and mountains in the background. I’ll never forget how cute the little penguins on the beach were. They just melted my heart.
I hope to be a serial entrepreneur with having had many career paths and attaining a diverse set of skills. I want to own a few businesses and invest in many others. In my spare time, I’d love to be a mentor to young women who need the guidance and support that I would have wanted. Lastly, I want to create a family full of love and joy.
I am so excited to be participating in this year’s Miss Universe Canada. I will be forever grateful for this opportunity. I have been following this pageant for almost 10 years, and I look forward to the entire journey.

Contenido patrocinado

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 4 GejDcrd
Responder al tema

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct.
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 4 de 6.Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Siguiente