Reinas de Belleza ❀ ELITE BEAUTIES

Bienvenidos a ELITE BEAUTIES ❀ Foros con información acerca de Reinas de Belleza, Certámenes Masculinos, Competencias de Modelaje, ''Realities'' y más...

ÍndicePortalContactarnosÚltimas imágenesBuscarRegistrarseConectarse
Regístrese para formar parte de nuestra Comunidad. ¡Una vez registrado, podrá Ingresar para participar, publicar temas, subir fotos, intercambiar mensajes privados y más!
Usuarios más Activos del Mes de Abril 2024 - Conozcan a los Foristas que integran el Top 7 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28577-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-mes-de-abril-2024
Forista Popular del mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan al Ganador/a ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28497-resultado-final-votacion-del-forista-popular-del-mes-de-marzo
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Misses - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28249-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misses
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Místers - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28248-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misters
Usuarios más Activos del Año 2023 - Conozcan al Top 18 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28251-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-ano-2023

Comparte
Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Siguiente

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct.

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

Like : 9438
BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Empty
MensajeTema: Re: candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct.
BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 10:36 pm
Responder al tema

Evangeline Lou

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Uqaiau

Height: 5’7
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Languages: English, Chinese, French
Occupation: Student at Columbia University (Business Management; Ethnicity and Race Studies)
Evangeline Lou is a singer-songwriter and an undergraduate student at Columbia University in the City of New York. Growing up, she had lived in seven different cities in three different countries and had traveled to more than twenty (20+) countries around the world! While pursuing a rigorous Ivy League education with a perfect GPA, Evangeline also manages her music as an independent singer-songwriter and a live-streamer on NetEase music, one of the leading and largest Music streaming services in China. Despite Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube being blocked in China, she currently has a massive fanbase on NetEase. Her singles peaked on the Popularity Chart and Original Music Chart numerous times. In the past, she had been invited as a guest performer for many mainstream artists, won many singing competitions, and appeared in reality shows on TV. Evangeline is passionate about art and life! Evangeline is also involved in many different volunteering activities and community services. Most of the money that she earned from her music is donated to charity. She is also the founder and president of “Help Stop Bullying International Association,” with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as the association’s “Honorary President.”
In the future, Evangeline plans to become a successful singer-songwriter in Los Angeles. She believes that the more powerful you are, the more you can provide, and the more you can help others. Therefore, Evangeline aims to learn as much as she can in one of the world’s best institutions, Columbia University, and raise more awareness of racial inequality issues. Moreover, she wishes to voice for the underrepresented minorities and express problems that should not be silent through music!
What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
Singing, songwriting, music productions, ballet, piano, Ukulele, Hip Hop Dance, Yoga, Soccer, Culinary Art, etc. What I enjoy doing the most are singing and songwriting
List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc.) 
I have been playing the piano and dancing ballet since when I was four years old. I have been professionally trained in music (piano, voice, songwriting, etc.)
In what sports, if any, have you participated?
Soccer and volleyball.
Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
Justin Trudeau. I had the honor to work with and meet with Mr. Trudeau many times by volunteering for the Liberal Party of Canada before he was the Prime Minister of Canada. Mr. Trudeau was also the Honorary President of my “Help Stop Bullying Association,” which I founded in 2016. By volunteering for him, I developed my leadership skills many years later in Vancouver, assisting Justin Trudeau in the federal elections. My team and I persistently solicited votes and campaigned by advocating for children’s benefits, the middle class, and national security. With hard work, we changed history from a low supporting rate to a majority vote. Moreover, through the process, I have witnessed Mr. Trudeau’s diligence and persistence, and he has profoundly influenced me. I learned a lot from him and the experience. I will be forever grateful for his encouragement and inspiration as I fight for my dreams and ambitions.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?
My proudest personal accomplishment is the balance between my academics as a student and my music as a singer-songwriter. Pursuing a rigorous Ivy League undergraduate studies at Columbia University in the City of New York, I also managed my music career on NetEase Music, one of the leading and largest music streaming services in China. I also did live-streams to connect with my fans on the platform. While maintaining a perfect GPA, I also gained over 100,000 fans with only a few months and won second place in the most prominent end of the year Livestream competition on NetEase Music. Despite Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube are blocked in China, she currently has a huge fanbase, and my singles peaked on NetEase Popularity Chart and Original Music Chart numerous times. One of the singles,” 说不出来,” made it to the top three on the NetEase Popularity Chart for more than one week, and with the support of my fans, it peaked at number two on the chart, replacing Taylor Swift’s “Lover” just one day after “说不出来” was released. The income that I made from my live streams and my music paid for my everyday expenses and all of my tuition. I even had some extra money that I donated to the Red Cross Society. With a growing fan base, I hope to create more music and grow stronger as a singer-songwriter while continuing my academic pursuits.
What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you? 
My single, “说不出来,” on NetEase Music, made it to the top three on the “NetEase Popularity Chart” for more than one week, and with the support of my fans, it peaked at number two on the chart, replacing Taylor Swift’s “Lover” just one day after “说不出来” was released.
What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal? 
A singer-songwriter. With my current connections, after graduating from Columbia University, I plan to move to Los Angeles. I am currently negotiating with some major labels and hope to pursue my music dreams. I hope to represent Asian Americans/Canadians through music on the international stage.
What would be your “dream job” in life?
Singer-songwriter.
Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I was raised in Canada in an Asian family. One of the reasons I love about my country is its diversity. However, despite the large population of Asian-Canadians, the community is often underrepresented or misrepresented. Growing up, I have struggled with racial discrimination. Because my mother does not speak perfect English and has a thick accent, she was often treated unfairly. As a child witnessing the injustice around minorities, I hope to gain knowledge and become more powerful in making a change and providing help to racial inequality issues and underrepresentation in any way I can.
List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

• Leading Actress

• Host

• Guest Performer

• Reality TV lead

List any volunteering you have done.

• Founder and President of “Help Stop Bullying International Association (HSBIA)” (Prime Minister Justin Trudeauis the Honorary President of the association)

• Group leader of the Liberal Party volunteers

• Lead, organized and performed at “All Hearts Together,” a fundraising show for Canadian Cross (raised over $60,000 for Canadian Red Cross during the Fort McMurray Fire)

• Hosted, organized, and performed for UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund ) Art Auction

• “One World Together” online concert guest performer

• Heart 2 Heart club President

• GDSC Global Student Development Association ambassador

What is your most unusual talent?
Being able to write songs/freestyle or improvise on the spot.
Where is the most interesting place you have been to?
I have traveled to more than eighteen (20+) countries in the world and have lived in seven different cities and three different countries. Throughout my experiences, I think the most exciting place I have been to in New York. It is such a vibrant city and a cultural hodgepodge with everything all at once.
What do you hope to be doing in ten years?
I hope to be a successful singer-songwriter, a philanthropist, and an activist for racial equality!
Is there anything you would like to add that we haven’t asked?
I cherish the opportunity so much! I hope to use the microphone and the attention that Miss Universe Canada provides for a greater purpose and voice for the neglected. Moreover, to speak for issues that should not be silent!
If I could have the incredible honour to be crowned, I will not only fulfill every single duty but excel in them by giving 100% of myself!
Thank you so much!

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Empty
BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 10:42 pm
Responder al tema

Faith Byers

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Faith-Byers-2020

Height: 5’5
Hometown: Edmonton, AB
Languages: English
Faith felt called since the age of thirteen to be a minister in the Christian Church. Growing up in small-town Caledonia, Ontario she has always dreamed of going all over the world to be able to learn and work in diverse environments. Thankful for her family’s support, she knows that no matter how far she goes, her family will always be her “number one fan”. At the age of fifteen she went to El Salvador to minister to children through children’s programs, and then again at sixteen for two months. Then at eighteen, she ministered and taught English in China, Thailand, and Hong Kong. Having traveled to thirteen countries altogether, in her youth Faith also gained a multitude of experiences serving in Canada. She served doing homeless ministry in Vancouver, cleaning churches in NWT, and leading worship and youth in her local church. Faith currently attends Vanguard College in Edmonton, Alberta working towards completing her Bachelor’s degree in Theology (Intercultural Studies). She is also currently serving as a Children’s Pastor at an Ethiopian church and has a passion to end the prejudice around women in ministry. She endeavours to encourage every woman, young or old, to pursue their God-given dreams, including being a lead pastor! She wants to influence everyone that ministry is not just a male-dominated job, but it is for all people who have the heart and passion to see the world transformed by the love of God.
Creativity has also been a big part of Faith’s life. She started dancing when she was three, moving to a competitive level at the age of twelve and continued for seven years. She performed jazz, hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, ballet and pointe. Faith’s love for performing also led her to take modelling lessons for a short time as well. Growing up Faith took interest in songwriting, singing and playing the piano which led her to releasing a song called “Trust” in June 2019. She is also currently working towards her first Album.
Health and fitness has always been a big part of my life. I started dancing when I was three years old, and moved into dancing competitively when I was 12 doing jazz, hip hop, contemporary, ballet, point, and lyrical. As I got older, health and fitness became something I really enjoyed and key to good mental health. My hobby is to write and create songs which now I hope to turn into a side career. I released a song in 2019 called “Trust” and my second song is to be released in 2020. I am also currently working to create an album. The main goal of my music is to connect with individuals by being honest and real, yet still carrying a message of hope. – I also love to travel! I started traveling abroad when I was 15 years old doing humanitarian work in San Salvador. This trip sparked a passion and interest to travel, work and learn from people who are different from me. Since then I have traveled to 9 countries doing global work! In my whole life, I have traveled to 13 countries.
I started dancing when I was only three years old doing jazz and tap. When I turned 12 I started dancing competitively doing jazz, hip hop, contemporary, lyrical, ballet and pointe. The performing arts was a big part of my life growing up. I was awarded the Best Female Actress Award two years in a row during High School. Growing up I also took part in singing, piano lessons and modelling classes.
Growing up I was involved in soccer lessons but never continued very far. I was more interested in the creative arts.
Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
My mentors and friends Ashley and Sarah has had a profound impact on my life. They have empowered me to be a strong woman in ministry and do whatever I feel called to do with my full heart. They both have walked with me through some of my hardest seasons in life. Have inspired and encouraged me to always be myself. And has demonstrated great character and strength through their actions and life.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?
My proudest personal accomplishment was overcoming the barrier of poor mental health. I changed my diet and started going to the gym and after a year off looking after myself holistically, I went from going in and out of the hospital to having overcome panic attacks, depression, and crippling anxiety. Looking back, I am proud of the strength all that took to not only go through but overcome. I have learned so much about myself and gained so much more emotional intelligence because of it. I hope to use my story to inspire those who struggle with mental heath to never give up pursuing health and wholeness. I also hope that in sharing my story, I would be able to help end the stigma to mental health.
What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?
Ministry has always been a big part of my life. From volunteering in church or traveling for global work I felt called to ministry both overseas and in Canada. I was fascinated in traveling so that I could work and learn from people who are different from me. At just the age of 15 I went to San Salvador on my first mission trip leading kids programs. This was the most exciting adventure and I decided to go again the next year for two months. I knew that nothing made me feel more alive than that. My career and my life decisions have been built around pursuing my dream of ministry. For instance, I am now working to accomplish my theology (intercultural studies) degree and currently working as a Children’s Pastor at an Ethiopian church in Edmonton.
What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
I hope to use all areas of my passions, creativity and abilities to minister to people. I hope to use my musical abilities to create music that reaches more people than just the typical Christian audience. I am currently working with my producer to release music that is honest and relatable but brings out a message of hope. I want to leave people feeling like they can relate to the song while also taking away a sense of hope for their own lives. In terms of my dream to work alongside people of other ethnicities and cultures I am currently working as a Children’s Pastor intern at an Ethiopian church. This has been helping me work with others from different backgrounds for a similar purpose which is to be transformed by the love of Jesus. This experience is helping me to learn and grow more as an individual so that I can be more effective as a minister in Canada or overseas.
My dream job is to pastor and mentor youth in the Christian faith and empower them to live for God and for people. This means caring for them spiritually and even emotionally as they embark on their own journey in life. I hope to impact them to do what they feel called to do and become the people they were made to be.
I was born in Toronto, Ontario but was raised in Caledonia, Ontario. It is a small town just outside of Hamilton. I grew up with my older brother and younger sister. Things were not always easy due to my brother’s autism. I found myself often having to step up and support the family. Thankfully, my mother and father work hard for my brother and want him to achieve in life. I am very grateful to come from a very supportive and loving family. My dad always tells me that he is my “number one fan.”
Teaching English in China, Thailand, and Hong Kong. This is an unusual job because it is not one that many people get to experience. Through this, I was able to not just grow in my communication skills to those who speak a little English but learn from them as well. My favourite lesson I taught was teaching a class of all girls that true beauty comes from the heart.

• Missions trip to El Salvador (2 months) working with children who are vulnerable to gangs

• Children and youth camp leader (3 years in a row)

• Teaching English in Asia (2 months)

• Homeless Ministry in downtown East Hastings, Vancouver, Canada

• Rebuilding campsites and cleaning churches for the community in NWT, Canada

• Serving in my local church for the children’s and youth program

• Lead band for Sunday Services

• Connections team director

• Red Frogs

• Youth small group leader

I can make a bird noise, lick my elbow and wiggle my ears!
I went to China to teach English and while I was there we stayed in a teachers dorm at a boarding school. This was very outside my comfort zone because we were not allowed to leave the campus the whole week. I was also able to step outside my comfort zone by interacting with new people (most of them did not speak English), eat new food, and learn a new way of life in a different culture.
In ten years I hope to be traveling with my family in Canada and overseas to mentor, care for and empower people to do whatever they feel called to do. This looks like pastoring, training leaders, and equipping congregations to leave a legacy for Christ. I also hope to mentor and inspire those who struggle with mental health. In fact, I have already started mentoring young girls from my church by doing a discipleship class with them every week.
After studying Humanities for a year at McMaster University, I felt drawn to
the Feminist movement and wondered how to bring it to the Christian church. As a woman in ministry, it looks like continuing to shed light on how women for so long have not been allowed to be pastors. It also means empowering the next generation of Christian women to step out and do what they feel called to do (ministry or not). I believe that the first step to stopping prejudice against women in ministry is to stand firm in our knowledge of scripture and allow women to teach scripture no matter what they are told by any person in the church. I also believe that in bringing the feminist movement to the church we must teach women about true beauty and worth. This means not only helping them understand such concepts but also embrace holiness and love. In this sense, our value does not come from what we have, how we present ourselves, or how many men like us, but rather it comes from who we are and who we were made to be. Likewise, this is also teaching young men in our church how to respect women and represent Christ to them.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 10:49 pm
Responder al tema

Ishpreet Gill

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Ishpreet-Gill-2020

Height: 5’9
Hometown: ON
Languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Marathi, German
Looking to break gender stereotypes, Ishpreet aspires to be a part of a legacy of incredible women who embody confidence, a spirit of service and courage to represent the world we live in today. She strives to carry that legacy into the years to come by raising awareness on promoting an egalitarian society. It is her ambition to make a difference by breaking the barriers that the society has set and not just stand up for herself but more importantly for others.
Ishpreet grew up in India and ventured to New York a few years ago to pursue further education where she graduated with a Masters degree in Information Management and thereafter gained valuable professional experience working in Data Privacy for a leading pharmaceutical company. She recently moved to Canada to explore new opportunities and perspectives that life has to offer.
In addition to her career and education, Ishpreet has had the privilege of volunteering with several non-profit organizations where she was able to tutor students with disabilities and provide counseling to those who needed a listening ear. Through her social initiatives, she has contributed to the quality of education for people with disabilities while preparing them for leadership roles. Apart from her passion for pageantry and social work, she is an accomplished athlete, having been a soccer player at the state level.
Miss Universe Canada gives her a sense of purpose and belonging that she always sought for. She feels truly liberated as not only is she getting to live her dream she is also getting to make a difference.
Learning new things and gaining knowledge on intellectual topics is something I enjoy. I believe knowledge is power and can transform your life and enlighten the lives of those around you. I am also a nature loving person who loves to escape in the wilderness to unwind and seek positive blessings from my surroundings.
Taekwondo, Aerial Yoga, Bollywood Dance, Swimming
Growing up, I was actively involved in various sports and extracurricular activities including dance, track and field, soccer, swimming, and taekwondo. I am an accomplished athlete and have been a soccer player at the state level.
While there have been many people who have influenced me in different walks of life, I would say my neighbor, who is also a founder of a Non-Profit Organization for students with disabilities has had the most influence on my life. She is a woman of substance, strong and courageous who leads by example. Her spirit of service and a desire to inspire others by encouraging people in our society is truly commendable and I wish to carry the baton in the years to come.
I would attribute my journey to being a strong and independent woman as my proudest accomplishment. It is my independence that has given me an opportunity to voice my opinions and pave the way for an equal society by inspiring young women to take charge and be unapologetically ambitious.
I am a spontaneous person who is fearless and does not hold back from being a voice for the voiceless and doing the right thing. I keep challenging myself as in my experience challenges prepare an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.
It is important to Seize the Day and realize the opportunities that come your way by giving your best shot. Professionally, I would like to see myself in a leadership position advocating for Data privacy by furthering my research in this area and creating awareness on the importance of protecting and taking control of the personal data about individuals that prevails all over the world.
It would have to be something that I do with all my heart while contributing positively to the lives of as many people as I can.
I was raised in Pune, a cosmopolitan city in India – also known as the Oxford of the east. It is a city that taught me to be grounded, humble and instilled in me a spirit of social responsibility towards uplifting others in society. I grew up in a strong community of people who were loving and caring and at the same time encouraging individuals who had a respect for each other. Some of my greatest friendships and memories are from my childhood.
The most interesting jobs of all has been that of a tutor. I have had a privilege to tutor students with disabilities and be a guiding light in preparing them to integrate in a normal society. Not only was this a gratifying experience but an enlightening one. Although I went there to teach, instead I happened to learn a great deal from my students. It was my students who made me realize that you are only limited by the depth of your own imagination.
I have had a privilege of volunteering with several non-profit organizations where I got an opportunity to tutor students with disabilities and provide counseling to those who needed a listening ear. I have been instrumental in contributing to the quality of education for people with disabilities while preparing them for leadership roles and teaching them social skills to better integrate in a normal society.
I enjoy driving and can drive for longer hours. The longest I have driven in a day is 15 hours.
Deriving its name from the five hills surrounding it, Panchgani is a popular hill station in India, famous for its various sunset and sunrise points and scenic valley view. Apart from the verdant green valleys, and soothing environment, the red, juicy strawberries are a major attraction of Panchgani. I have travelled to many places but with Panchgani it feels like I left a piece of my heart here. It holds the power to immerse me and the serenity is breathtaking.
I believe in living in the moment and taking life one day at a time. Each day I strive to put my best foot forward and embrace all my experiences with a positive attitude. Having said that, with the same spirit I will continue to lead a meaningful life and seek for opportunities to uplift others while taking on a leadership role in the corporate sector.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 10:56 pm
Responder al tema

Jacqueline Wojciechowski

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 UqeJfN

Height: 5’8
Hometown: London, ON
Languages: English, Polish

Jacqueline Wojciechowski is a first-generation Canadian born and raised in London, Ontario. Her parents Mariusz and Ania Wojciechowski came to Canada in the early 1990’s from Poland with a vision of providing a brighter future for their soon to be born children, Jacqueline and her sister Sandra. Jacqueline recently graduated in 2019 obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations from Western University.
Earlier this year, Jacqueline started an initiative called Let You Love You (LYLY). The idea behind LYLY was generated by Jacqueline’s own struggle with mental health. 1 in 4 people in the world will be affected by mental health disorders. This includes Jacqueline. By starting LYLY it has given her a platform to not only heal, but also to help others. The vision is that LYLY will help provide anyone suffering from, or know someone suffering with mental health issues and wants an environment they can feel safe in, discuss and share. LYLY will provide education, information (with resources), interviews with people wanting to share their own story, and so much more. Jacqueline would like to raise money for mental health institutions through LYLY by creating fundraisers and making and selling apparel. Jacqueline herself makes the apparel in her own studio to help keep costs down and donations high.
Jacqueline also has an entrepreneurial side. In 2019 while helping her partner with a project, (a custom installation of a temporary dance floor for a luxury wedding) she realized it was a very niche market. Jacqueline wants to bring her creativity and unique flare by offering boutique, high end designer floors for every sort of event from weddings to galas. Floortopia’s launch was delayed this year due to COVID-19 and will be launching in 2021.
Jacqueline currently sits as Chair for Quo Vadis London 2022, which is a series of conferences for students and young professionals between the ages of 18 and 40 of Polish ethnic origin from around the globe. Quo Vadis considers themselves a movement which strives to unite ambitious young people around the three founding values: heritage, leadership and unity.
Jacqueline is no amateur when it comes to the pageant stage. As a former Miss Canada Globe 2013 who continued to be the first Canadian to win Miss Globe 2014. The strength and determination that each contestant on stage must endure is tremendous, and Jacqueline is ready to show what raw, sheer intrepidity she has on her path to the crown. For Jacqueline the crown represents every woman. It represents a future of progression. It represents a step forward for what hard work and certitude that women strive for every day.
My interests vary greatly, one of my newest interests is riding my Kawasaki Ninja. Some of my other interests include caring for and spending time with all my animals (which includes rescue turtles and orphaned parrots). I tend to be happiest outside, after hiking across British Columbia for 10 days this year and 10 days last year, I have become very fond of the great outdoors. I am an avid yoga enthusiast and am heavily involved in everything fitness.
Recently I have been working on a social media kind of project with hopes of shining light on mental health and depression which has affected not only me but 246 million people worldwide. My project called Let You Love You or LYLY is to explore how we could build an online community or platform where you can interact with others, share information, provide resources, encourage each other and learn how we can heal as well as help.
My special skills are three-fold – teaching polish folk dancing, holding a black belt in taekwondo, and I am a certified Lifeguard / Swim Instructor with my CPR and first aid training.
As previously mentioned, I have a black belt in Taekwondo and I was involved in track and field – specifically 100m hurdles. I also enjoy volleyball, yoga and weight training. My latest interest includes motorcycle racing and would love to test my abilities on the track in the near future.
It’s very hard to name just one, but I would have to say Kayla Gerber. Kayla has done tremendous charity work in her community (Guelph) including being the Executive Director for the Guelph Black Heritage Society. With the current light being shed on BLM movement she has been a pillar in her community as she led the peaceful protest and continues to stand as a voice for many. Asides from her charitable work and community involvement, Kayla also has started her own brand (The Kween Company), is co-owner, founder and teacher at the Heels Academy, and last but not least she is the team coordinator and choreographer for the Guelph Nighthawks. There is literally nothing Kayla can’t do, and I am influenced everyday by her. I am so proud to call her my best friend.
One of my biggest accomplishments was successfully representing Canada (Canada’s first-ever win) at the Miss Globe pageant by bringing home the crown from Albania in 2014.
The most interesting thing I find about me pertains to my core family values and upbringing. Until recently, my family participated in fostering children. My sister and I have had over a dozen foster brothers and sisters over the last 18 years. This has influenced a deep-rooted value of understanding how important a family structure is, and how when you have to have the power to help, it is your responsibility to do so.
Starting out 2020, I had been helping my partners business in the print and design industry. We had a few jobs installing vinyl, removable dance floors for high end weddings. They were absolutely beautiful. Upon doing my own research I found this to be a very niche market. The idea was to offer affordable vinyl floor and window aesthetics to a wider range of audiences including other events, not just weddings. So the idea of “Floortopia” was born. I had even booked our first event, but unfortunately because of COVID-19 the event is postponed until 2021. Because of the virus I have decided it’s best to launch next year, in the meantime, I am still working behind the curtains to prepare for a flawless launch next year.
My dream job would entail earning the title of Miss Universe Canada 2020 where I would represent my country to the best of my abilities but also use my reign to expand my Let You Love You project to its maximum capability. I hope to help others like myself, that have suffered from depression and mental illness and most importantly, help others love themselves.
My childhood was pretty great. I have two caring parents and an amazing sister. Both my parents are Polish immigrants and are loving people. My Polish background influenced my core values and beliefs while fostering other children influenced me to have an open and caring heart from an early age which has formed me into the caring compassionate woman I am today.
For several years I worked in a dog grooming business where although that is not unusual, I had an unusual knack for handling large dogs. So whenever a big, fluffy monster came in, I would always be able to take care of them. To be honest, I loved it.
I have taken part in several charitable events such as:

• Showdown in the downtown (kidney disease),

• Right to Play (Raise money to educate and empower children and youth to overcome the effects of poverty, conflict and disease in disadvantage communities)

• CIBC walk for the cure

• Terry Fox Run

• CN Tower Stair Climb for the United Way

• and others…

I tend to have the Dr. Doolittle ability. I really connect well with all animals and have a knack for teaching them tricks and obedience. Even in the wild I have intimate encounters such as a turtle coming up beside me to lay her eggs earlier this year.
The most interesting place that I have been to is very difficult one to choose. I have been to quite a few countries and have seen some beautiful places but if I had to choose, since I connect strongly with nature, it would be the Rocky Mountains in beautiful British Columbia. Over every horizon is just another breath-taking view, seeing the Earth ripple to the next horizon. I have never felt so grounded and inspired as when I am there.
In ten years I hope to be many things. I hope I will be succeeding as a mental health advocate. I hope I will be a successful business owner/operator and I hope to look back at my years of Miss Universe knowing I did everything I could to make Canada proud.
If there is one thing I could add, it’s that I wish all my fellow pageant sisters the best of luck, you are all so beautiful and I cannot wait to share a stage this 2020! Let’s go Canada!

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 11:13 pm
Responder al tema

Jaime VandenBerg

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Copwscfb

Hometown: Lethbridge, AB
Jaime VandenBerg is a 23-year-old international model and recent University of Lethbridge graduate born in Lethbridge, Alberta. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in May with Honours and a concentration in legal reasoning. With dreams of becoming a human rights lawyer, she will write the LSAT in August and plans on attending law school in September 2021. Jaime is well known internationally for her activism and volunteerism towards gender equality.
Jaime received an international Diana Award for her humanitarian work and social change efforts abroad. The Diana Award was established in memory of Princess Diana to encourage activism and social change involvement. In light of this award and her platform in the Philippines, she published an article with Cosmopolitan Philippines discussing how to cope with harassment. It was the perfect platform to reach a broad millennial audience to open this discussion and push away from the stigma of victim shaming on the basis of clothing and other motives.
Through Jaime’s passion for gender equality, she volunteered in the Victim Services Unit at the Lethbridge Police Station. Her primary role was to work alongside first responders of crime and tragedy in Lethbridge to assist with victims and witnesses in their recovery and process through the judicial system. Subsequently, Jaime volunteered at the Lethbridge YWCA’s Women of Distinction 2019 Ceremony as the events keynote speaker where she discussed her experiences and how she continued to fight gender-based violence through her role at the Lethbridge Police Station.
In her last year at the University of Lethbridge, Jaime won an essay writing competition in which she wrote about her passion for fighting gender-based violence. She was awarded a full-ride scholarship to attend Semester at Sea, a study abroad program through Colorado State University where students take university classes on a ship while traveling the world. It was the adventure of a lifetime and expanded her global perspective alongside some of the best professors in the United States. This experience took her to Europe, Africa, and South and North America.
Thanks to Patti Falconer Agency, Jaime is able to continue her travels while working as an international model. During her time in India she was able to shoot for international brands such as MANGO, Forever 21, Nike, Under Armour, Tommy Hilfiger and many more. She loved her experience at KAD Model Management in New Delhi because they were an amazing support system for her journey while teaching her about Indian culture. India will always have a special place in Jaime’s heart, not only because of modelling but also because of her humanitarian work with Free The Children in Rajasthan. It was a truly amazing experience both times she visited and cannot wait for more.
Thankful to be back at work, Jaime is on a contract in Guadalajara, Mexico with I Am In Cover. Although it is not her first time competing at Miss Universe Canada, It is her first time preparing for a pageant abroad. With her tenacity and determination, Jaime will thrive in this new environment and return to Canada ready to compete. She believes that everything happens for a reason and that no goal is too big to achieve.
Over the years, I have developed a passion for travelling. I recently won the Brawn Family Foundation Semester At Sea Scholarship through the University of Lethbridge in an essay writing contest that awarded myself a full-ride scholarship to attend Semester at Sea’s fall 2019 semester. Semester at Sea is a university on a ship that is academically partnered with Colorado State University, that allows students to gain an immersive global understanding. In the past six months, I have visited 17 countries during my studies and working abroad as an international model. My passion for travel has significantly contributed toward my broadened global perspective. I love exploring new communities, studying different religions, trying new foods and surfing on any beach I can catch a wave.
During my time in Thailand, I received my PADI Open Water Diving Certification and have dove in the Philippines, Ecuador, Indonesia and Mexico since then. Being underwater is like exploring a whole new world with a new culture, environment and language. My favorite dive was in Ecuador where I got to swim alongside manta rays, sea lions and my first ship wreck.
Additionally, I have received special training in e-commerce posing, runway, catalogue, public speaking, acting, video and commercial modelling. This training has proven extremely useful in my modelling contracts abroad and has helped me to feel more comfortable in front of a camera.
My favorite sports are skiing, snowboarding and surfing. During my time at the University of Lethbridge, I took an executive position with the Board, Ski & Surf Club as it was a great way to meet people with common interests. During my role with the club, we organized trips of 50 students to learn how to surf in California at San Clemente State Beach. One year on the surf trip, a local indigenous community asked our club to join in a peaceful protest to expedite the dismantling of the San Onofre Nuclear Plant. This was an amazing experience that combined my love for the environment and sustainability with a deepening understanding of local cultures. The Board, Ski & Surf Club was a major highlight of my time at the University of Lethbridge and really helped me refine some of my skills on the ski hill as well as the ocean.
I met Darcie James about two years ago when I began volunteering for the Victim Services Unit at the Lethbridge Police Station. She was one of the first female police officers in Lethbridge and has been widely recognized for her role in gender equality in the law enforcement. She has been incredibly influential on my life ever since I met her because she is extremely passionate in what she does and she uses her extensive knowledge in the police force to help the victims and witnesses of crimes and tragedy in Alberta in their recovery process.
During my time as a volunteer in the Victim Services Unit, Darcie was the director of the program and ensured all volunteers gained 60 hours of online training, 60 hours of in-class training and 3 months of probation before officially being accepted into the program. Darcie has been breaking down barriers for women through her work as a constable on the force and in her promotion as the first female staff sergeant in Lethbridge. Her years in the force have contributed to her passionate and articulate training for the rookie classes of new volunteers and will undoubtedly assist her greatly in continuing to teach students in criminal justice at the college.
As future lawyer, I look up to Darcie so much. Historically, the legal field has often been male-dominated but with passionate women like Darcie inspiring the younger generations to make change in law enforcement, I know that change will occur in all directions. I have always resonated with Gandhi’s famous quote “be the change you want to see in the world”. I believe that equality for all genders, races and sexualities can be reached in governing systems with passionate people who are willing to change industries from the inside out.
When reflecting on this question, I always thought that obtaining my Bachelor of Arts degree concentrating in legal reasoning would have been my greatest personal accomplishment, because I attributed many years of my life to it. However, in 2019 I was honoured to be asked to be the keynote speaker for the YWCA’s Women of Distinction Ceremony due to my work on gender equality and my activism for ending gender-based violence. I was able to share about the work I did in the Philippines, my contributions to senate resolution 932, and my work locally for the Victim Services Unit. In the same year, I published an article for Cosmopolitan Philippines titled “An Open Letter to Anyone Who’s Been Sexually Harassed,” where I was able to discuss the mental process and moving forward for harassment victims on a much larger platform. I truly felt as though the training I had received from the Lethbridge Police Station was being put to use and able to encourage a healthy recovery for victims of gender-based violence.
That same year, I was recognized for my activism against gender-based violence for everything I had done and worked towards when I was awarded an international Diana Award in commemoration of Princess Diana. This is my proudest personal accomplishment because it encompassed all of my previous work for an issue I am passionate about and felt like I made a significant impact in. Although I had not invested five years of my life like I had with my degree, I put everything on the line to make this change and to encourage a safer environment for women both locally and abroad.
The most interesting thing about me is my whimsical personality and ability to adapt to any situation. The most unique thing that ever happened to me was during my reign as Miss Earth Canada I went on a Filipino game show Wowowin. As most of the show is done in Tagalog, I did not understand what was happening when I was called up to play Hep Hep Hooray. Thanks to the kindness of the young Filipino girl beside me she quickly explained the rules of the game and helped me advance to the last three people standing. Winning money off a game show in another country in another language was beyond bizarre for me, but an absolute blast of fun.
My career ambition is to become a practicing lawyer. In Alberta, it can take almost a decade to reach this career goal because it typically requires an undergraduate degree, a high score on the LSAT, obtaining your Juris Doctorate, articling for a year or two and passing the bar exam in the province you wish to practise. At this point, I have completed my undergraduate degree and am studying to write the LSAT in August 2020. Next, my plan is to then attend law school in Alberta. Wish me luck!
My dream job is to be a human rights lawyer fighting cases of injustice on an international level. I want to leave a legacy of change and greater acceptance in the legal field as well as to inspire others to not let past injustices stop them from reaching their full potential.
I was born and raised in southern Alberta with my family of 7. I attended primary school in Coaldale and finished high school in Lethrbidge with my diploma and a french as a second language diploma. My father owns Skyline RV Travel Centre, an RV dealership and service centre, which has allowed my family to travel to almost every American state. When I am in town, I help my father by working at his store in the warranty and parts department.
While raising five children, my mother began Nicole VandenBerg Design, a custom gown designing service that has adapted greatly in the past few months. As a savvy business woman, she realized a change in the market when COVID-19 hit. She slowed down on her dress designs and began a line of reusable face masks. My younger sister Violet and I would help her make masks and she donated several of her masks to those in the healthcare system.
Growing up in southern Alberta has led me to appreciate the work that farmers do and how the agricultural industry in Alberta plays a major role for Canada as a whole.
I used to work special events for Molson Coors and the most interesting one may have been the first time I got to work an event for the Calgary Stampede. I was lucky enough to work with a pageant sister at the Stampede Roundup MusicFest, a corporate charity fundraiser where people enjoy live music to raise funds for a good cause. I think It is the most interesting job I have had because I was being paid to give away free Molson Products and contribute to the pleasant environment. After our shift was done, my pageant sister Ronnie and I made our way to the front of the crowd and I crowd surfed for the first time to “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. It was a blast and a job I’ll never forget!

• Lethbridge Police Station Victim Services Unit

• YWCA Women of Distinction

• Operation Smile

• Alberta Food Banks

• ALS Society

• Family Centre

• Chinook Autism Society

• Knights Of Columbus

• Heart and Stroke Foundation

• Between Friends Program

• Cardiac Kids

• Free The Children/ WE Charity

• Lethbridge Area Search And Rescue

• Windy City K-9 Rescue

• United Way

• Ronald McDonald House

My most unusual talent is my belly dancing. I started belly dancing when I was about 13 years old with my mom. Belly dancing has always been a liberating environment full of body positivity and women empowerment. There is no better feeling than dancing with a group of women who are feeling the beat and unapologetically loving every curve on their body. At Miss Earth Canada, I placed in the top 3 for best in talent for my belly dance routine that my mother choreographed.
The most interesting place I have been to has to be India. My first time in India, I was working with WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) on an expansion for an all-girls school. Since I had studied Hinduism for a year prior to my visit, I was in awe at the religious and cultural practices. It was the greatest cultural shock I had ever experienced and I loved every movement of it. Last year, I returned to India on a modelling contract where I signed with KAD Model and lived in the model apartment with the agency owners Amit and Darina and their lovely children. I felt very included and part of a family, while being on the complete other side of the world from my own family. The importance of family in Indian culture is truly inspiring.
In ten years, I hope to be a practicing lawyer and possibly running my own law firm. I would love to have a firm centred around women empowerment to have a positive environment for women in law. Since the legal field is often male dominant, my firm would be a safe space for female lawyers and hopefully an inspiration to younger women interested in the legal field. Additionally, I would hope to have a happy family and the time to travel with our kids as I did as a child with my parents.
I am extremely excited to make my return at Miss Universe Canada. I believe Miss Universe Canada and the Miss Universe organization have taken a major focus on women empowerment. In recent years the Miss Universe pageant had an all female judging panel, this is an incredible step towards celebrating femininity fearlessly in an open and safe environment. I cannot be more grateful to be returning to a pageant system that prioritizes the safety and well-being of their delegates in a professional and fun manner.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 11:21 pm
Responder al tema

Jenna Escobido

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Jenna-Escobido-2020

Height: 5’6
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Languages: English, Tagalog
Jenna Escobido was born a raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. She graduated From Langara College in Early Childhood Education. From volunteering at many daycare centre in Vancouver, she now works as a Preschool Teacher at a local Community Preschool. Jenna has been learning and  competing in Hip Hop for  almost eleven years, and began teaching dance at the age of fifteen. She competed at the Canadian Hip Hop Championships in 2018 in Ottawa. Jenna and her dance group, Art.Illery, won first place at the Canadian Championships and went on to represent Canada at Hip Hop International Championships, where they competed against teams from all over the world. In 2019, Jenna and her co-coaches taught and led a group of young individuals, Swaggadeliks, that competed in the World of Dance Championships that was held in Los Angeles, California. She has had the honour to be able to share her passion for dance globally through international competitions and through teaching dance workshops in different countries. In her free time, she enjoys volunteering at many center’s and events. She also takes an interest in motorcycles as she enjoys to meet riders and cruise around.
I enjoy cooking and baking, as well as eating. I also tend to listen to a lot of music, mostly RNB. I take an interest in Motorcycles and am currently learning how to repair/service them, I own a Motorcycle so I enjoy going out for rides and meeting more riders.
I have no formal training when it comes to art, but I do enjoy painting. I was also in choir when I was in High School. I am a Hip Hop dancer and have been dancing for almost 11 years now, and I have been teaching Hip Hop dance for 5 years.
In the past, I have participated in basketball, volleyball, badminton, and dodgeball.
I do not have just one specific person that has influenced my life more than others. I would say that everyone I have encountered so far in my life has influenced me in many different ways. Through interactions with others, I learn more about myself, wisdom, places, emotions and much more. These learnings has shaped my life.
My proudest personal accomplishment would be being hired as a dance teacher, as dance is something that I love to do. To be able to do what I love as a job made me feel very proud of myself.
The first pageant I participated in, I actually wasn’t aware at all that I was signed up for it. My mother actually went through the whole application process without me knowing, she did this because at the time I wasn’t interested in pageantry. Once I got accepted into the pageant the directors wanted to speak to me through Skype, and right before the Skype call with them I finally was told that I was in a pageant.
My career ambitions include making children as well as their families comfortable. I also really focus on inclusivity as well as equity not just in the teaching environment but wherever I go. The way I would reinforce these ambitions, I would be warm-hearted towards others, and I will recognize and correct my own personal biases and prejudice. I will also make more of an effort to understand others and recognize everyone’s differences and accept them.
I do not have a specific “dream job” in mind, I just knew that I wanted dance to be a part of it. Which I am currently doing right now as a dance teacher, and now I want to see how far dance can take me. Maybe my next step is to become a choreographer and/or professional dancer.
I was born and raised in Vancouver, BC. As a child, I had a lot of health issues and I am very thankful for the healthcare system we have in Canada. My childhood was very normal up until a time of unforeseen events and uncertainty. Though there were uncertain times in my childhood, my friends and family has always supported me. As I was growing up I had many people to lean on, with this being said I learnt that everyone needs someone that they can trust and depend on. I believe my childhood is the reason I am who I am today. It taught me gratitude, compassion, persistence, patience and much more.
I wouldn’t consider this as unusual, but I worked at the Fair in a donut stand; me and my coworkers were very close to each other and all of us used to make dance videos and have dance battles at work. I must say it was the people at this job that made it interesting for me.
I have volunteered at Leukemia Light the Night, I have taught after school programs at many different elementary schools. I have also volunteered at many daycares / preschools / montessori schools near my area.
I am able to imitate a motorcycle speeding by.
The most interesting place I have been to is the Philippines. Every single time I go back to the Philippines I learn more about my family and my culture.
In ten years I hope I will be influencing many more lives positively.
One of my favourite quotes/ sayings is “Aim for the stars and meet me at the moon”. I honestly do not know where I’ve heard this from but it has stayed with me for a long time.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 11:26 pm
Responder al tema

Kalika Hastings

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Kalika-Hastings-2020

Hometown: Montréal, PQ
Languages: English, French
Innovative and determined, Kalika’s entrepreneurial spirit and quest to relentlessly pursue her dreams are what drive her towards success. Born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, Kalika attributes her well-rounded nature to her unique upbringing which was shaped by a series of interesting dualities. Her biracial heritage, being Jamaican and Scottish/Irish Canadian, living jointly between the city with her mother and in the countryside with her father, and lastly, being an only child on her mother’s side to having siblings on her father’s side. As a young girl navigating her identity, these experiences were sometimes challenging but also rewarding and provided Kalika with particular insight into different perspectives.
Kalika began modeling at the age of fourteen where she participated in numerous fashion shows and editorial opportunities for local boutiques. The experience strengthened her self-confidence, networking abilities, and stage presence. Growing up listening to Beyoncé, Kalika vowed to never give up on her dreams and to always strive to reach her highest potential. She hopes to inspire young girls and women to do the same, to challenge stereotypes, and live intentionally while discovering their purpose.
It wasn’t until after completing a B.A. in Communications Studies from Concordia University, that Kalika discovered her passion for video production, a subject she initially struggled with in school but was always fascinated by. In an effort to prove to herself that tenacity combined with curiosity result in the ability to hone any craft, she quickly began covering local events and offering videography services to anyone willing to give her a chance. With a strong belief in her creative abilities and not one to wait for an opportunity to be handed to her, Kalika co-founded a boutique video production agency with a friend from university, B Scene Media Inc., in an industry that remains heavily male-dominated today. Since launching, the agency has expanded it’s services and has produced videography, photography, and digital content for some of the city’s highly-respected brands, talked-about events, and notable influencers.
Being able to recognize failure as an opportunity for success has been a defining lesson in her life. After receiving a poor grade in a public relations course while completing her Bachelor’s degree, Kalika was inspired by her step-father’s dedication to obtaining his PhD, and she decided to pursue a Graduate Diploma from McGill University in the very subject she struggled with the most, Public Relations & Communications Management, once again pushing herself into uncomfortable territory in the pursuit of growth. She fell in love with the profession and was offered a position at a boutique public relations firm where she was quickly promoted to PR Director after a few short months and spent four years there. She currently works as a freelance publicist.
Having empathy towards others is a quality that was instilled in Kalika from a young age, to treat people with respect and compassion. She considers herself a humanitarian and has volunteered for a variety of causes including teaching English at an orphanage and local schools in the Dominican Republic, holding a position as a teaching assistant to youth with learning disabilities and behavioral challenges in an inner-city Montreal community center, and most recently, participated in food drives for the homeless during the COVID19 pandemic and protests against police brutality in support of the #BlackLivesMatter movement for racial equality. Kalika hopes to use her voice with the Miss Universe Canada platform to advocate for female entrepreneurial empowerment, issues of domestic violence, discrimination, prison reform and mental health awareness in minority communities. Championing the belief that beauty is more than skin deep, Kalika hopes to use this reputable platform to encourage women to embrace their authentic beauty and engage in conversations that might be difficult or uncomfortable but to stand up for what they believe in.
“Create the highest grandest vision of your life, because you become what you believe.” – Oprah
I love doing anything that allows me to express myself creatively, whether that be creating videos, cooking, scrapbooking, journaling or photography. I also enjoy being in nature and around animals. I am happiest when I am surrounded by people who inspire me and who have great energy or when I’m being of service to others, this could be small efforts such as cheering up friends and family when they’re feeling down or volunteering with those in need on a greater scale.
I began modeling at the age of fourteen. In university, I specialized in video production and editing. I also have specific social media marketing training.
I participated in track and field in high school as well as basketball, I attended a basketball camp for a few summers, which I enjoyed. I’ve also done leisure canoeing with my family and I had formal kayak training at a specialized camp.
Growing up, I used to watch the Oprah show on TV with my mother. I loved her energy and the diverse topics she discussed. I was specifically fascinated by her ability to connect with people of all different backgrounds and experiences from notable celebrities to former criminals and regular people going through everyday issues. Also, I immediately recognized the healing power of sharing personal stories that people can relate to and connect with. After completing my undergraduate degree, I founded a media production company with a partner, because I too was passionate about telling stories, but more so from a visual perspective by creating videos and covering events.
I hope to someday have my own influential platform where I can interview people and uncover secrets for success and also how they learned to embrace their failures and come out on top. I’m currently working on a podcast where I’ll be interviewing a variety of #GirlBosses. I’m excited about this.
I’ve been blessed to have achieved a number of personal accomplishments so far. Some of my proudest would be completing my Bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies and a Graduate Diploma in Public Relations. Also, founding my media production company, B Scene Media Inc. with my long-time friend and business partner.
The most interesting thing about me is my versatility. While I enjoy being glamorous and appreciate opportunities where I can experience the luxuries that life has to offer, whether trying out trendy restaurants or attending special events, I also find great pleasure in humble situations. I believe this characteristic stems from my experience when I was a young child being exposed to my mother’s humble upbringing in Jamaica, where I would spend some summer vacations. From feeding my grandfather’s goats, to eating mango under a coconut tree or simply traveling around the country and experiencing the local culture, I’ve always been fascinated by the down-to-earth lifestyle that I was fortunate to be exposed to at such a young age. This experience shaped my view on life and put things into perspective when I returned home to Montreal. In this way, I consider myself to be someone who is well-rounded and humble and someone who appreciates the small pleasures in life.
The most unique thing that has ever happened to me would be a memory I have when I was about ten years old. I was writing in my journal as I often did, but this time I lied about some detail in the story. It was a small diary with a lock and key, and once I finished writing, I attempted to lock the diary but it would not lock. I kept trying for what seemed like twenty minutes with no success, until I decided to erase the lie and try again. To my disbelief, it actually worked! Instantly, the diary locked. It taught me a lesson about God/the universe and also having a moral compass and never lying to myself.
My career ambition is two-fold. Firstly, I’d like to be an accomplished communications entrepreneur offering public relations and media services to entertainers, influencers and notable events across North America. And secondly, I wish to be a media personality, with my own platform to interview people from a variety of backgrounds and hopefully inspire women to accomplish their goals and dreams despite any setbacks.
My dream job would firstly be to represent my country as Miss Universe Canada 2020 and use the opportunity to inspire girls and women to strive to be the greatest version of themselves while making a positive impact and shedding light on issues of injustice. I would also love to have a platform where I can interview a variety of guests from notable figures to entrepreneurs and anyone with a unique story to discuss issues that affect humanity. And finally, I’d like to be an accomplished entrepreneur in the communications and public relations industry and to produce innovative content and work with entertainers, athletes and cover major events.
I was raised in Montréal, Quebec. My childhood was full of dualities that make me the unique person I am today. My parents divorced when I was six years old. I lived with my mom in the city during the week and spent the weekends with my dad in the countryside. Being mixed-race, my mother is of Jamaican origin and my father is Anglo-Canadian (Scottish, Irish background), offered me the ability to experience two different cultures and to be sympathetic to both. This has been extremely rewarding but difficult at times, especially as a young girl navigating my identity. A third duality is the fact that I would go from being an only child with my mother during the week, to having half-sisters on the weekend at my father’s house. I got to experience the benefits and drawbacks of both circumstances. In this way, my childhood was particular and offered me the ability to experience life from different perspectives, contributing to the well-rounded woman I am today.
When I was in university, I once got a job making smoothies at Jugo Juice. To my surprise, it was one of the most labour intensive jobs I’ve ever done. There was a great deal of prep-work involved in making the smoothies, which included packaging the frozen fruit ingredients and maneuvering lots of ice. Also, because the kiosk was located in a popular downtown Montreal mall, we had to work at a fast-pace to keep up with customer orders. I learned a lot about work ethic while I was there.
While in university, I travelled to the Dominican Republic with a group of my classmates, where we taught English at an orphanage and in local schools for a few weeks. It was an eye-opening experience for me and one that taught me the importance and power of education. Those memories have stayed with me to this day. I was also an early childhood assistant to youth with learning disabilities and behavioural challenges at an inner-city Montreal community center, as well as a teaching assistant at Concordia University’s daycare. Most recently, I participated in food drives for the homeless during the COVID19 pandemic and participated in the protests against police brutality in support of the #BlackLivesMatter movement advocating for racial equality.
My most unusual talent is being able to drive a manual transmission in high heels.
The most interesting place I have visited would be the Philippines. I stayed in the capital city, Manila, as well as a remote town called General Santos. I stayed with friends and locals, it was a beautiful experience. I loved the people, food and culture.
In ten years, I hope to be an established entrepreneur and media personality. I hope to be using my platform and voice as a former Miss Universe Canada to share stories and struggles faced by humanity and hopefully inspire women to achieve their goals. I hope to have travelled to a number of countries and experience different cultures. I also wish to be a mother to three beautiful children and a wife to someone I am madly in love with.
I strongly believe in the importance of self-improvement and the power of having a role model in order to keep on-track towards your goals. For this reason, I am extremely enthusiastic about the Miss Universe Canada opportunity to have a platform to uplift and encourage girls and women to strive to be their best self and find confidence within (something I have grown better at with age but I believe absolute confidence in oneself is an ongoing pursuit and something we should all work towards achieving). Also, I believe in the importance of education, setting goals and pursuing your dreams. I look forward to meeting the other impressive delegates and having the opportunity to introduce myself on such a well-respected platform and hopefully leave a positive impression and impact on as many Canadian girls and women as I possibly can.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 11:32 pm
Responder al tema

Kathryn Legaspi

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Kathryn-Legaspi-2020

Height: 5’4
Hometown: Edmonton, AB
Kathryn Legaspi was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta. A graduate of MacEwan University Kathryn majored in Psychology and a minored in Sociology, while being involved in the education and social-services communities. Kathryn is passionate and driven to understand the contextual limitations of people in society – particularly people with disabilities. Kathryn works full-time as an educational assistant and part-time as a behavioural interventionist, while attending school to attain her Speech Language Pathology Assistant Diploma. Kathryn is proud that she manages and balances her work and life commitments.
Kathryn is involved in helping and assisting children with Autism but hopes to help others with disabilities. Through her volunteer and work experience, she has learned that children with disabilities need to be given the opportunity to grow. Kathryn aspires to learn and develop educational programs to enable people with disabilities to grow and flourish in their respective communities. She works with these children day to day and has grown an empathy and earnest drive to learn from what they can teach and particularly what they have taught her. With the recent government budget cuts to education and health in Alberta, Kathryn knows the importance of awareness and hopes Miss Universe Canada can provide this platform for her work field.
Being a 1st generation Canadian Kathryn knows the meaning of dedication, sacrifice and drive to achieve her aspirations through the lessons of her hardworking Filipino parents. Raised in an ethnically and culturally skewed area, Kathryn understands the meaning of seeing a familiar face on screen and hopes to inspire others currently going through the difficulties she went through as a child. Previously struggling between her identity of being either Canadian or Filipino, Kathryn is proud to call both cultures her own.
Kathryn’s personal life experience has motivated her to utilize the power of education to influence others. Currently working on a Diversity and Inclusion program, Kathryn hopes to educate her local Edmonton community. Kathryn believes that everyone can be change-makers and that accessible education and resources are pertinent to enacting empathy, understanding, and diversity on all fronts.
Kathryn aims to win Miss Universe Canada, to represent her city Edmonton and province of Alberta known for their beautiful prairies, backyard mountains and most of all their Western Hospitality. Kathryn’s journey to Miss Universe Canada is supported and motivated by her family, and particularly her close brother. Kathryn hopes to make her region proud and most of all fulfill her late Grandmother’s wishes.
I really enjoy art and believe art can be used a form of leisure and therapy. I spent over 8 years of my life competing in provincial and national swimming competitions. Alberta is such a diverse landscape; I am very fortunate to be in close proximity so that I can go hiking and enjoy the scenery. But most of all I enjoy coming to work at the Elves Special Needs Society and seeing the difference I can make in my students faces, it is not an easy job and I am very lucky to be surrounded with such positive people.
I have been dancing since a very young age As a kid I grew up competing and practicing ballet, jazz, and tap. I try my best to keep up with art in my free time, my passion was heavily influenced by my education supporting me in the Arts.
I swam competitively for 8 years and danced (ballet, jazz, and tap) for 5 years.
My grandma has always been passionate about pageantry. Living in a multi-generational home my grandparents raised me along with my parents. My grandma has always found ways to help our communities through donating and volunteering both in Edmonton and back home in the Philippines. By inheriting her beliefs and values, I have learned the importance of giving back. I hope to continue her legacy, while fulfilling her wishes.
My proudest personal accomplishment is being able to balance my work, education, and personal life. At times it can be difficult and overwhelming; however, I am proud of my work ethic and effort to reach my goals. I have a dream to develop specific educational programs for children with disabilities. At the age of 25 I am proud to be a work in progress, finding opportunities and learning. I hope to represent others who haven’t quite made it yet either.
When I was seven years old, I spent my winter holiday with my family in California. On Christmas Eve, someone broke into our house and stole our valuables. I was thankful that my family was not harmed in the process. At a young age, I learned the importance of family over material possessions.
I hope to continue to work with individuals with disabilities. I want to make a difference in someone’s life and by assisting those who need support. I want to help their community grow and flourish. Through my volunteer and work experience, I have learned that children with disabilities need to be given the opportunity to grow. I work with these children day to day which drives me to learn from what they can teach me. By furthering my education and searching for other opportunities, I will gain experience and expand the types of individuals I work with.
I am currently volunteering with a Diversity Awareness and Skill Building Youth Program. I hope to engage individuals in meaningful conversations in personal/professional success, workplace dynamics, inherent biases and variant stereotypes that inhabit our society even in Canada. 2020 has shown both the good and bad of society. Canada is a wonderful country with freedom, opportunities, and diversity; however as socially responsible citizens I believe we have the opportunity to keep learning/un-learning, keep growing, building empathy and to stand-up for inequities and injustices for those who are silenced or unheard. Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of society and I believe as a Canadian and global citizen everyone can enact a spark to social change.
I want to continue helping kids with autism and other disabilities. I genuinely love what I do and I hope to grow in this field by creating educational programs that help this community. I can accurately say I am very content where I am right now and I am surrounded with positive and like-minded individuals.
I was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. My parents immigrated from the Philippines, so their culture is engrained in my identity. Growing up as Filipino Canadian, I have an inherent stewardship and hospitality that I can embrace in different aspects of my culture. I feel blessed to be in a country where multiculturalism is encouraged and accepted.
I have worked as a lifeguard, the experience made me learn lot and to think and react on the spot.
Diversity Awareness and Skill Building Youth Program
On Site Placement

• Promoting educational inclusion initiatives about Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, LGBTQ2+ and persons with disabilities

• Developing educational programs to strengthen knowledge on diverse cultures

Volunteer
Centre for Autism Alberta

• Participated in a variety of volunteer programs (Motor Skills, Community Works Canada, and Respite) offered at the Centre for Autism

• Motor Skills Program: Encourage children to develop their gross motor skills through participating in different activities such as playing, swimming, and taekwondo
    • Community Works – Peer Mentor: Provides opportunities for high school students with autism volunteering opportunities to prepare for future employment and build their resume
    • Respite: Assist staff in providing childcare for children with autis

Youth Support
Catholic Social Services: Immigration and Settlement Service

• Provide academic and social support for immigrant and refugee youth to help them integrate into school and the community

• Orientation to Canada transitioning participants into the Canadian school system

Volunteer
GEF Senior Housing (Kiwanis Place)

• Interaction with seniors in a variety of social stimulating activities ranging from large-scale events or small one-on-one functions

• Commitment to GEF values such Respect, Integrity, Well-Being, and Accountability

I can squish my nose flat as it has soft cartilage.
The most interesting place that I have been to recently is Ptarmigan Cirque in Kananaskis, Alberta. This was my first-time hiking and the experience has motivated me to do more hikes in Alberta. The three-hour hike led me to see the mountains that meet the sky and the view was absolutely breathtaking.
In ten years, I hope to continue working with individuals with Autism and other disabilities. I hope to expand the type of clients I work with and help them not only flourish as children, but as young adults as well. They are individuals who are fully capable of being an active participant in communities, but society lacks the opportunities available to them. Employment for adults on the Autism Spectrum is 11-50% and often times they are under-employed and work in positions that do not exhibit their skills.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 11:40 pm
Responder al tema

Kelsey Johnson

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Kelsey-Johnson-2020

Height: 5’11
Hometown: London, ON
Kelsey Johnson believes that women have the power to change the world. As an ambitious, confident and hard-working individual, she strives to encourage others to see their full potential by celebrating who they are and embracing their differences.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, she always felt compelled to raise her voice against social injustice. Her experience with childhood bullying pushed her to use the challenges she faced as a stepping stone to propel herself forward, eventually becoming Miss Teen London-World 2011. Building a platform, based on self-love and acceptance, helped her to prove that it is possible to overcome any obstacle if you truly believe in yourself. Kelsey credits this mantra, as well as the love and support of her friends and family, for setting the foundation for her future success.
Following her reign, Kelsey went on to acquire a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree from McMaster University, where she excelled at Political Science and Health Studies. Her passion for excellence and personal growth fuelled her desire to participate in various extra-curricular activities; becoming President of the McMaster Political Science Students Association, a Student Representative on both the University Academic Planning and Policy Committee, and Experiential Education Governing Council, as well as a volunteer at a local retirement home. Kelsey managed to undertake all of these responsibilities while working as a part-time model and waitress. She also managed to maintain a healthy active lifestyle, having participated in several coed sports. These experiences taught her the importance of time management and set precedence for her ongoing learning as she later obtained a Postgraduate degree in Public Relations from Humber College.
Kelsey has always had a thirst for adventure. Her strong desire to travel the world, along with her passion for aviation, was heavily influenced by her grandfather; a veteran of the Royal Canadian Air Force. As a flight attendant, she has visited over 70 countries where she learned to step out of her comfort zone by immersing herself in different cultures. These experiences contributed to her cosmopolitan mindset; allowing her to meet new people, try new things and visit unique places. It also inspired her to share her journey on social media; earning her the title of #avgeek and enabling her to build an online audience of over 80,000 people.
Over the years, Kelsey has sought to give back to a world that has given her so much. She has worked with various charities and nonprofit organizations across the globe, such as the Maria Cristina Foundation in Dhaka, Bangladesh. They seek to empower children through education, giving them the tools necessary to accomplish their hopes and dreams.
Kelsey’s next steps, having recently relocated back to Canada from the United Arab Emirates, is to join the Canadian Forces. She is excited to be raising funds for Feed It Forward and to be competing in Miss Universe Canada.
Kelsey’s strength, determination and desire to empower others make her an ideal candidate for Miss Universe Canada. As a global ambassador, she would use her platform to help people realize their full potential; encouraging them to believe in themselves and to pursue their dreams.
I have always been interested in travel, aviation, and fashion.
Travel is an excellent means of learning. It expands your perspective; allowing you to immerse yourself in different cultures as well as new and unique places. Travel also encourages you to get out of your comfort zone and meet new people. I’ve always been curious about the world, and my role as a flight attendant has enabled me to fulfill my desire to travel the globe; bringing me to over 70 countries.
My grandfather, who served in the Second World War, introduced me to aviation. His influence propelled me to become a flight attendant. While flying, I actively participated in airshows as well as industry conferences and events in the Middle East where I was based. This earned me the title of #avgeek on social media!
With regards to fashion, I’ve always been drawn to the industry because it was a way for me to express myself. I’m constantly fascinated by what people wear, especially the different styles and designs that have emerged over the years from different cultures. I have a background in modelling too, which has enabled me to work with a lot of creative individuals both in the past and present.
What I enjoy doing the most is bringing these interests together. My personal blog (lipstickandluggage.ca) and social media channels (@lipstickandluggage), act as my creative outlet, allowing me to do just that! Through these digital platforms, I’m able to share my adventures with others and encourage people to explore the world too.
When I was younger, my mother encouraged me to model to improve my self-esteem. At 16, I signed with a local agency and took several modelling and acting classes to learn more about the industry. A few years later, I had the privilege of walking in Toronto Fashion Week, as well as a runway show for Aveda in Berlin, Germany. I’ve also participated in several shows for Middle Eastern designers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Over the years, I’ve been in several commercials and music videos too. I enjoy being in front of the camera, and collaborating with like-minded individuals. I’m confident that Miss Universe Canada will introduce me to new opportunities and allow me to expand my network in these areas!
Sports and physical activity have many benefits. Physical exercise is good for the mind, body and soul, while team sports can teach communication, dedication and leadership among other skills. My affiliation with sports stems from a young age, as my parents encouraged both my sister and me to be active. I played competitive fastball and soccer growing up, and also participated in track and field.
In university, I played basketball and volleyball on coed recreational teams. Now, I run to keep in shape and live a healthy active lifestyle.
My grandfather, John Callingham, has always been an inspiration to me. He was a member of the Royal Canadian Air Force and fought for our country in the Second World War. His plane was shot down over Germany during a mission, and he was held captive as a prisoner of war.
When I was a child, he was the President of the Prisoner of War Association and held various positions within our local Canadian Legion. He would often take my sister and I to his events, such as airshows, parades and ceremonies.
His strength, determination and dedication to our country was admirable, and I wanted to be like him. Without his involvement in the Canadian Forces, I may not have realized my passion for aviation.
One of my proudest accomplishments was being crowned Miss Teen London-World 2011, and placing in the top 20 at the national pageant. My platform was “be your own kind of beautiful” and focused on female empowerment, as well as the need to educate our youth about the impacts of bullying in our society. Throughout my childhood, I was constantly teased about my appearance. The pageant gave me the opportunity to build my confidence, and speak out about an issue close to my heart.
I have actually broke a Guinness World Record! On November 29th, 2019, I represented Canada on a unique, one-off flight across the 7 Emirates in celebration of United Arab Emirates’ National Day and their Year of Tolerance. 140 nationalities participated, earning us the award for “most nationalities on an aircraft!”. We each disembarked with a certificate recognizing this achievement.
Aside from this, many interesting things have happened to me during my travels. I’ve actually had a shark bump into me while I was swimming in South Africa, and I also crash-landed while paragliding in Nepal.
Prior to becoming a flight attendant in the Middle East, I obtained a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree in Political Science and Health Studies from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, as well as a Postgraduate degree in Public Relations from Humber College in Toronto, Ontario. I had previously wanted to become a politician but was drawn to strategic communications, marketing and branding. This is what directed me to a career in public relations.
Although I enjoyed my career as a flight attendant, I would love to join the Canadian Forces as an Intelligence Officer or Public Affairs Officer. These roles would allow me to combine my former education with my previous experience, as well as my current interests, while serving my country. I’ve begun the application process, and am hoping to achieve this goal in the coming year.
A “dream job” is more than just earning a big paycheck or being offered good benefits. I believe a “dream job” involves having a good work-life balance as well as the ability to help others and give back to the community. Becoming Miss Universe Canada would give me that opportunity.
This role is more than a title, a sash and a crown. It is the chance to build a platform to promote positivity, and represent a country that has given us so much.
Having been fortunate enough to travel the world, I have witnessed its beauty and diversity. If selected, I would use my voice to encourage others to be themselves, by embracing their differences. This is what makes us who we are, and what makes Canada such a great place to live.
I was born and raised in London, Ontario and grew up alongside a younger sister. My family enjoyed travelling together, and we would often go on trips to the United States to visit relatives and spend more time with one another. They have always been very supportive of my endeavours, and I couldn’t be more thankful for that.
As exciting as these family adventures were, I struggled to stay happy when it came to my schooling. This was because I was constantly bullied for my appearance. I specifically remember being called “afro-man” in elementary school because of my curly hair and “tomboy” style. I would slouch in my seat at my desk because I was “so giant” and my classmates “couldn’t see the board”.
The name-calling persisted into high school, and began to impact my schoolwork. I started skipping classes because I didn’t want erasers and insults thrown at me by my peers. Eventually, I ended up failing a math class. After a quick visit to my school’s guidance counsellor, I was able to pick myself up. This intervention changed my perspective and motivated me to apply to university. I graduated with honours and was accepted by McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.
I entered Miss Teen Canada-World in 2011 to raise awareness of the impacts of bullying, as well as the need for youth to embrace who they are and to be respectful of one another’s differences.
I’ve mentioned my role as a flight attendant a lot, but it was the MOST interesting job I’ve ever had! As exciting as it was to travel the world, there are many misconceptions about the job. It isn’t always as glamorous as it seems!
Between the jet lag, long shifts and rigorous training, flight attendants are responsible for ensuring passenger safety at all times. This means putting other peoples lives before their own in an emergency. The position also involves a great deal of customer service too; meaning flight attendants have to remain polished and professional at all times.
They are taught safety and emergency procedures, as well as general medical and security; giving them the tools necessary to deliver babies, restrain dangerous passengers, and direct large crowds of people among many other things. (Even cleaning the toilets)!
Over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of working with various charities and nonprofit organizations around the world. These include:

• Maria Cristina Foundation (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
  • Rumah Yatim (Jakarta, Indonesia)
  • The Emirates Airline Foundation (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
  • Me to We (Toronto, Canada)
  • London Celebrates Canada (London, Ontario)

As a titleholder at the Miss Teen Canada-World 2011 pageant, I successfully raised $5,000 for the Me to We Foundation. I am looking forward to raising funds for Feed It Forward this year during Miss Universe Canada.
Having travelled extensively, my most unusual talent would be my ability to understand a wide variety of accents and slang terms from around the world! Care for a braai? (That’s South African for BBQ)!
Every country has something beautiful to offer, but I have to say I was most intrigued by my trip to Kenya. I had the pleasure of touring this beautiful country with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts in October 2019; visiting Nairobi, Mount Kenya, and Maasai Mara.
From the warm hospitality and kindness of the people to the pristine rolling hills and valleys of the landscape, to the sight of African Wildlife; I remember the entire trip like it was yesterday.
You have truly never seen the world until you have discovered the plains of Africa, and it breaks my heart to know that with every passing year, wildlife populations and their habitats are in danger. Kenya also encounters many challenges with poverty, limited access to drinking water, access to healthcare, violence against children, child marriage and female genital mutilation.
This experience opened my eyes to a lot of things, and it’s one of the many reasons why I encourage others to travel the world. It is important to see these issues firsthand with your own eyes, in order to truly understand the impact that they have.
In 10 years, I hope to be settled back in Canada with a full-time job and a family. I also hope to globe-trot more in the future too. Travel is a great way to learn, as it expands your perspective and allows you the opportunity to immerse yourself in different cultures. I would like to visit every country in the world one day, with Antarctica at the top of my list!
Since I was younger, I’ve always felt compelled to do something extraordinary with my life. Miss Universe Canada would allow me the opportunity to do just that; giving me the platform I need to be a global ambassador, as well as a role model, for our beautiful country.
If selected, I would bring my ambition, my confidence and my cosmopolitan mindset to the table, as well as my platform of inclusivity.
Amazing things happen when you pursue your dreams, and I want to be an example of that.
Thank you to the Beauties of Canada organization for the chance to compete in this year’s Miss Universe Canada pageant!

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdMiér Oct 21, 2020 11:52 pm
Responder al tema

Kimberly Simpson

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 UqeHFb

Height: 5’5
Hometown: Brampton, ON
Kimberly has created purposeful businesses and affiliations through the principles of stewardship. She is the founder of an early-stage startup, which will change the feminine narrative in Auto, Tech and Finance for the consumer. Kimberly also teaches dance and works as a Mortgage Agent.
Kimberly pursued a liberal arts education at Redeemer University College in Ancaster, ON where she obtained a B.A in English and Theology and a minor in Business. Kimberly did this while completing dance training as a pre-professional dancer and working multiple jobs. At the age of 21, Kimberly lobbied for a revision of the Child and Family Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.11, which was achieved by many at the organizational level in 2018. By 22, Kimberly launched a Summer Company through the Ministry of Economic Development. Kimberly has been featured in Fast Romantics music video “Steal Your heart”. She has also interned for various local dance performance series, such as works by Esie Mensah, featured on CBC Arts and has performed contemporary works at local Toronto Galleries and was a member of the Canadian Alliance of Dance Artists as an Emerging Artist. Seeing a need to bring dance with her, Kimberly launched a dance collective while in University to train peers in jazz and contemporary dance choreography.
Kimberly had the opportunity to become a Summer Company Ambassador, which allowed her to teach entrepreneurship seminars in partnership with Ryerson’s Research and Innovation team. Following this, Kimberly spoke at high schools as a guest speaker on Super Hero Mythology and continues to build meaningful relationships within North York.
Kimberly represents the diversity of the Canadian and embodiment of the feminine. Kimberly brings a unique set of experiences and skills that allows her to connect with communities, challenge discrimination and build young leaders of tomorrow. Through the symbolic significance of beauty and the value it has in culture-making, Kimberly is determined to be an agent in the restorative process of how the world views women and the role of the feminine.
I enjoy reading biographical books, literature on mindfulness and social phenomena. My favourite book is a Sci-Fi Cosmic Trilogy, Perelandra by C.S Lewis. I also enjoy building a legacy for women who will change the narrative. Above all, I love to dance.

• Classical and Jazz Music Training (Clarinet)

• Theatre

• Visual Arts

• Jazz, Ballet, Contemporary, Hip Hop Dance (Academic Award)

• Pre Professional Training Program – Dance

• Professional Hip Hop Company

• Jazz Band (Saxophone)

• Personal Trainer certificate

In Secondary School, I participated in 100 m sprinting in Track and Field. I enjoyed being at track meets and cheering on fellow classmates. Another sport I am passionate about is Dodgeball.
During my transition to adolescence, I found myself displaced within the world. Kay Bingham became a person of significance as a parental figure who helped me through my formative years. She demonstrated instrumental values of resilience, faith, restoration of trust, taking action for the next generation of youth and how to become an empowered woman within the world.
A monumental moment in my life includes my hilarious yet successful journey to the U.S.A in my very first vehicle to visit a women’s auto centre. This was an important milestone for me as I had purchased this vehicle on my own, to find that there would be numerous challenges throughout the buying process and thereafter. The significance of this trip was to find a community of women changing the narrative of women understanding vehicles as a life skill.
I am a fast learner! I was able to learn how to play the saxophone in only 2 months in order to join a jazz band in University!
I am most looking forward to helping women overcome barriers by changing the feminine narrative through education in Agriculture, Auto and Fintech. I help women understand the importance of the information industrialization of the global economy, how it affects our decisions, as well as how to become world changers. As Miss Universe Canada, my intention is to lead by example through educating myself and providing the tools necessary for empowerment and sustained change through global partnerships.
I am currently working diligently towards creating my dream vocation as an entrepreneur. In the future, I hope to become an angel investor and invest in the dreams of others, more specifically underprivileged youth with a potential in the arts and women with potential to become global leaders.
My immediate family immigrated to Canada and settled in the multicultural centre of Brampton, Ontario, later becoming Canadian citizens. My childhood had many challenges, which lead to becoming independent earlier than expected. I had faith in myself to become greater than my circumstances and found hope in a purpose.
I was found to have a wealth of potential within the arts. My childhood and adolescent years were consumed with an education within the arts, working to help support this exploration and stewarding a life of volunteerism through youth groups.
At the age of 22, I became the recipient of a Ministry of Economic Development, Summer Company grant. I was not permitted to be employed for more than ten hours at a time during that summer. As a result, I became a janitor and server in order to support myself while building this venture. Being a janitor was a humbling experience, as it was not one of glamour. I had to focus on my motive for building this project, with an understanding of the purpose of detours and the big picture.
The Summer Company grant enabled me to build a Dance camp within a community often misrepresented and faced with many institutional prejudices. I relocated to this community, built a safe space for children and youth to learn dance while teaching character building through Super Hero Mythology and Social Philosophy. Students were able to learn dance vocabulary while learning about the Journey of the Hero.

• Brampton Public Library Reading buddy

• Nursery Volunteer

• World Vision 30 hour Famine

• “Sandwich Runs” – Care packages for displaced individuals

• Senior Student Ambassador (Mother Teresa Service Award 2010)

• Youth Leader

• Free Them Walk – Human Trafficking Initiative

• Political Involvement (Lobbied for a revision of Child and Family Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.11)

• Habitat for Humanity Build

• Summer Company Ambassador

• City Moguls Committee member – Entrepreneur Charitable Fashion Show

Among many others.
My ability to move one toe at a time is one I am most proud of.
I visited Jamaica, though the place of my birth was a disconnect. I was faced with wanting to know more about my heritage, the challenges my ancestors faced and the land.
Within the next decade, I hope to have accomplished my dream of investing in the lives of youth within the arts. I will have a team of leaders educating women on their power as consumers and creators through global partnerships. I aspire to change the feminine narrative of girls who otherwise would not have the opportunities I have been given. I intend to use my platform to advocate for girls’ rights to education and empower them with courage to stand against female genital mutilation and child marriage. By helping women lead in a global economy, I will help women solve issues of poverty. I will empower women and girls to embrace their femininity in its wholeness and irrevocable, universal truths.
I would like to thank the Beauties of Canada Organization for this opportunity to participate in Miss Universe Canada 2020. As a proud Canadian, I am grateful for the rich diversity and cultural experiences that have shaped my worldview. As Miss Universe Canada I will make an impact on how society views the aesthetic of the human body, beauty and the role of women. I am excited to have the opportunity to shape the world around me, improve the quality of life for others and serve with compassion.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am
Responder al tema

Laetitia Nocera

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Laetitia-Nocera-2020

Hometown: Toronto, ON
Languages: English, French
Laetitia comes from a family of mixed Haitian and Italian heritage. She was born on the beautiful island of Haiti and immigrated to Canada when she was 8 years old. She is bilingual in French and English both orally and in writing. In Canada, Laetitia was welcomed into the French-Ontarian community through a shared history of the French language. She even received a provincial award in high school for her contribution to the Francophone community in Ontario!
When Laetitia comes home, you can usually expect to find traces of markers, paint, and glitter somewhere on her outfits. As an elementary school teacher, she often finds herself carrying around the next generation’s creative pursuits on her clothes. The kindness and support she received from her school teachers growing up inspired her to become a teacher herself. She values the public education system as a powerful way to equip the leaders of tomorrow with tools to take care of themselves, each other, and our planet. She hopes to inspire more interest and investment into quality, child-centred public education.
Laetitia graduated with a Bachelor of Education in French and Theatre, as well as a Bachelor of Education, both from the University of Toronto. She received two awards in university for her community involvement. She is passionate about making the world a better place by advocating about mental health issues and encouraging self-love. She created the social media campaign #KindnessStartsWithMe to encourage positive self-talk. Through personal story-telling, she opens up the dialogue about what being kind to ourselves in thoughts and in actions means (Hint: It is not always fun and comfortable!).
Within the campaign, Laetitia also started the CareBands project, handcrafting headbands to raise funds for Feed it Forward to provide nutritious meals for those struggling with self-care because of food insecurity.
As Miss Universe Canada 2020, Laetitia plans to spark new conversations on education, race, and mental health.
I am a mixed-medium artist and enjoy crafting, visual goal setting, and merging the practical aspects of life with beauty. As a crafter, I sew, knit, and transform every aspect of life into art. I enjoy expressing myself through dance and exploring languages through literature, art, and cinema.

• Minor in theatre from the University of Toronto, lead performer in high school theatre

• Public speaking through pageantry and community involvement

• High fashion and runway certification with the Toronto Fashion Academy

• Classically trained dancer and pom cheerleader

I was always more of a dancer, with two left feet for sports! Dance not only taught me movement and performance, it also sharpened my teamwork and cooperation skills. The countless hours dedicated to perfecting my craft taught me the self-discipline that I needed to succeed in school and in life.
My idol Princess Diana had the most influence on my life growing up. I was very young when she passed away and the way the world mourned for her taught me the massive impact of a kind spirit. She defined the word royalty for me: strength, beauty, grace, humility, and empathy. Although she struggled through her personal hardships and mental illnesses, she still found ways to make the world a better place. As Miss Universe Canada, I would draw inspiration from the lessons that she has taught us on spreading light wherever and whenever we can.
My proudest accomplishment is when I finally understood that I needed to be more kind to myself. As a perfectionist, I set high standards for myself but I would not leave room for mistakes. After the preliminary competition at Miss World Canada 2019, I engaged in negative self-talk and over analysis. I truly believed I had done poorly and was upset at myself! However, I still made Top 15 the next day at finals.
This has prompted me to start a social media campaign called #KindnessStartsWithMe and its related charity project, #CareBands. Using personal storytelling, I encourage positive self-talk and open up a dialogue around healthy self-care.
Through pageantry, I learned how to take mistakes as lessons and opportunities for personal growth. I am excited to be able to share my message and journey through Miss Universe Canada.
Many are surprised to discover I come from a mixed heritage. My mother has a Creole lineage and my father was raised in Haiti by his Italian family. As a white-passing Italian-Haitian, I struggled to understand my identity growing up and never really knew where I fit in. Through years of self-discovery, I learned to see myself in my own light, instead of that defined by others. I now celebrate my rich cultural heritage as a valid and important voice in the modern conversation surrounding racial issues. It has also made me deeply understanding and empathic towards those trying to find their own place in the world.
It struck a chord with me a few years ago when a parent told me that my class was the first time her grade 6 child felt like they belonged in a classroom. I was happy to hear that but it upset me that this brilliant and creative student had felt secluded for so long.
In the next few years, I would love to open up a centre for children who learn differently. I have been incorporating flexible seating, mental health tools, and other methods for my students to express their individuality in class. However, no matter how much teachers try to shield their students, the boundaries of public education can be strenuous, and sometimes damaging, for children who need more creative freedom.
I believe that investing in our children is the best thing we can do to advance society. I will continue to work very hard as a teacher, to nurture and to protect our next generation.
It would be an honour to be Miss Universe. It has everything I love in one job position! I see the role as a springboard and amplifier for societal change.
As Miss Universe, I would love to use my platform to share my passion for education. I truly believe that sharing and growing knowledge is a powerful way to forge a better world. Education can come through so many different forms, such as public education, libraries, internet, community, and elders. It is easy to be afraid of what we do not understand, but education can empower people to navigate the world with wonder, amazement, and resilience.
Unfortunately, the power of a quality education continues to be inaccessible to many in the world, even in developed countries such as Canada. The biggest barriers to education are often poverty, mental health, health, and discrimination. Many of these situations are difficult to vanquish without support, compassion, and empathy.
It is my dream to inspire people to see that investing in education as a whole is something that benefits our society at the core. I believe that it is important for everyone to have the ability to grow in a positive, healthy manner that suits them best. When we are lifting others up through sharing knowledge, we are creating a better universe.
I came to Canada in Grade 4 and I have lived mostly in the quiets of the Durham region. I was born an old soul who loved reading, opera, theatre, ballet, musicals, sewing, cinematography, and knitting.
Growing up an immigrant to Canada can be quite difficult, but also full of surprises and funny moments. Every time we learned something about living in our new country, my parents would yell out “Canadian Experience!” Although the term came from the glass ceiling they were facing during their job applications, it taught me to use humour to get through hardships and difficult situations.
I had a brief adventure sewing Star Trek costumes for people going to fan conventions. It was out of the blue as I haven’t seen the series, but it was a lot of fun replicating the costumes.
An important aspect of public school is the socialization and skills-building offered by extra-curricular activities. As a teacher, I dedicate hours of personal time to help my school community including:

• Coaching dance and cheer teams, including a school performance in Maple’s Santa Claus parade,

• Supporting with clubs, teams, concerts, plays, field trips and overnight camping trips, parent meetings and support, conferences and workshops,

• Taking part of school committees such as the Staffing committee and School Achievement committee,

• Supporting with and providing opportunities for children with leadership and charity work during and after school,

• Promoting and running eco-initiative such as a markers recycling program,

• Sparking an interest in mental health and kindness through emotional literacy and conflict resolutions,

• Providing a listening ear whenever needed!

My unusual talent is that I enjoy making things out of nothing or out of unusual materials. I have made bracelets with electrical wires and beads, dresses out of candy wrappers. I have sewn and knitted handbags, headbands, dresses, skirts, scarves…I love making things!
Even though I am quite the adventurous type, to me, the most interesting place that I have been to is my grandmother’s backyard. It has hidden spots, stairs, secret doors, and plants of all kinds…it was like a jungle to us growing up. It is funny how life can take you through the most wondrous journeys, but the little things are the ones that will always matter the most.
The past few years have taught me to take things in stride and to embrace the unknown. I have always been the type of person to plan meticulously years ahead so it was a very interesting change indeed. I came to the conclusion that as long as I am healthy, happy, safe, and loved, that is all that matters! I am excited to see what life has in store for me in the next 10 years and what surprises awaits me in the universe.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be selected as a finalist for Miss Universe Canada 2020. It has been such a dream of mine since I was a little girl to represent Canada on the Miss Universe stage. I hope to follow the footsteps of one of the most inspiring Miss Universe Canada, Natalie Glebova, and bring back the crown for Canada too!

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 12:14 am
Responder al tema

Lauren Peters

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Lauren-Peters-2020

Hometown: Mississauga, ON
Lauren Peters is an outgoing, hardworking, and ambitious 22-year-old known for having a smile on her face that can light up any room. She is from Mississauga, Ontario and her energy, kindness, and love for life has allowed her to achieve many great successes personally and professionally.
Lauren is an actress in film and television and is signed with an elite talent agency in Toronto. She started off in the industry when she was just 9 months old alongside her identical twin sister Nicole (who is also competing for the title of Miss Universe Canada). Most recently, Lauren plays the pivotal role of Faith McLanden (Young Blake Lively) in the Hollywood feature film, A Simple Favor, which aired in theatres worldwide. She was flown down for the World Premiere red carpet in New York City for it as well as nominated for a Young Entertainer Award for “Best Supporting Young Actress in a Feature Film” in Los Angeles for her role in it. Some of her other notable credits include the movie Anne of Green Gables, CBC’s Frankie Drake Mysteries, as well as large-scale commercials including Tim Hortons, Rogers, Dodge Durango, and Sears. Lauren is in the process of getting her O1 Extraordinary Talent Visa and plans on spending some time in Los Angeles with her identical twin sister to further develop her acting career.
Due to her excellence in maths and sciences, as well as love and passion for the entertainment industry, Lauren has spent time studying at both McMaster’s prestigious and selective Arts & Science program as well as Ryerson’s renowned Radio and Television Arts program. She has been on the Dean’s List all four years of her undergrad, graduated with highest distinction (Summa Cum Laude) and just wrote her LSAT this past summer, hoping to eventually go to law school and become an entertainment lawyer.
An avid athlete, Lauren water skis professionally in Muskoka. She considers Muskoka her second home as she has been going up to her family cottage there since she was born. Lauren has worked the past several summers teaching water sports to people of all ages as well as skiing in water ski shows all across Muskoka every week of the summer. She has been selected for the Team Canada National Show Ski Team and is set to compete in Florida on behalf of Canada in 2022. Lauren’s favourite water sports include slalom skiing (especially slalom criss-cross with her twin sister), swivel skiing, pyramiding, and doubles and hopes to master long-line barefooting next summer!
Education, acting, sports, and helping others are all really important to Lauren. Lauren looks forward to doing even more volunteer work in her community and at a larger-scale helping both those in need and empowering the youth. She is a strong believer in equal opportunity for all, as well as empowerment. Representing Canada as Miss Universe Canada has been a lifelong dream of Lauren’s and she is confident she can represent the country with grace, intelligence, and charm!
Acting, Travelling, Water Skiing, Sports

• Acting (countless film/TV acting classes at renowned studios as well as private coachings)

• Dance (acro, hip-hop, jazz, ballet, tap, gymnastics)

• Art (private art lessons – watercolour, acrylic, sketch)

Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, Flag Football, Running (cross-country and track (400m, 100m Relay)), Gymnastics, Slalom Skiing, Swivel Skiing, Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing, Flyboarding, Show Skiing
My older brother has had an immense influence on my life. He has only just turned 25 years old and has already fully completed Medical School and is in his second year of residency. His drive and determination for what he wants is truly inspiring and refreshing. Watching his path constantly reminds me to go fearlessly in pursuit of my dreams. Not to mention his passion for helping others is motivating and I hope to do just the same – help others. I may not be helping them in the traditional sense of doctor and patient but rather I hope to help by empowering youth/women and eliminating barriers to equal opportunity.
One of my proudest personal accomplishments was booking the role of Faith McLanden (Young Blake Lively) in the Hollywood feature film “A Simple Favor”. I was able to act on set with a world-renowned cast and crew and also attend the red carpet premiere for it in New York City. Additionally, I was nominated for a Young Entertainer Award in Hollywood for “Best Supporting Young Actress in a Feature Film” for my role in it. Landing a role in such a big-scale production truly solidified the fact that working hard and never giving up pays off. This is definitely a mindset I like to live by.
Having an identical twin sister is definitely a unique feature about me! Almost nobody can tell us apart and it’s pretty amazing having someone who looks just like you and is interested in the exact same things as you, always by your side. It’s also fun to trick people!! Fun Fact: I’d say one of the greatest differences is that I love ketchup and my twin sister despises it!!
My career ambition is to be both an actress constantly working in film and TV as well as an entertainment lawyer. I frequently audition and train to further improve my craft and I am determined to keep working until I achieve this goal! I am moving to Los Angeles with my twin sister to further pursue acting and I also wrote my LSAT this summer where I plan on eventually applying to law school. I truly believe that hard work can achieve a whole lot!
My ideal job would be to be in a position where I can do what I love every day while also having a positive impact on the larger world around me. I love helping others and doing this in some capacity would be extremely rewarding.
Furthermore, I have always dreamed of being both an actress, as well as an entertainment lawyer to combine both of my passions. Although this may be an ambitious goal, I believe that the sky is the limit and you can truly make something work if you set your mind to it.
I was raised in Mississauga, Ontario alongside my 9 minute younger (very) identical twin sister, and my brother who is two years older. Despite some difficult times and various obstacles growing up, I was fortunate enough to have parents that both loved me and a brother and sister who always shared constant support.
I grew up never wanting to miss out on any experience/opportunity and my parents always instilled in me that I could in fact do anything I put my mind to (which is a very important lesson I still keep with me today). Thus with this mindset, I grew up in elementary and high school always playing on every single sports team, joining clubs, and doing acting outside of school all while still focusing on my studies.
On top of my parents being there for me, I attribute a lot of where I am today also to my identical twin sister. Not only have we gone through a lot together (good and bad), we always push each other to be the best version of ourselves which I think is extremely important. Not to mention we provide one another with some friendly competition!!
I have also always been very close to my grandparents growing up and they have truly taught me the notion of unconditional love and being there for those you care about. Ultimately, I am thankful for the opportunities and experiences I had the chance to take part in during my childhood.
Definitely my job as a waterski and wakeboard instructor and show skier has been one of the most interesting jobs I have had. As a show skier, I ski in four shows a week every week of the summer to audiences of hundreds of people. Performing and doing water ski pyramids as well as other water sports/acrobatics on water is absolutely thrilling and definitely one of my most unique jobs!
Additionally, I have done experiential marketing for various different companies which has been a very exciting experience as I get the chance to constantly interact with new people (I’m a people person!) and have the chance to be a brand ambassador for so many different companies. Furthermore, I interned at Breakfast Television which was an incredible experience being in a fast-paced/Live environment. I had the chance to “Live-eye”/field report which was definitely up my alley.

• Unity Wave (community initiative to empower the local youth)

• Dr. Simone’s Canadian Food for Children (helped box and transport food to feed the poor in developing countries, also wrote letters to those in developing countries)

• Tutoring (I offered free tutoring to those in need)

• Eco-team (school initiative to minimize waste and implement planning to utilize eco-friendly materials)

• Diaper Drives (help collect diapers for families in poverty)

• Feed it Forward (eliminate food waste and feed those with food insecurities)

Pretending to be my identical twin sister without anyone knowing!!! (hehe shh!)
Hawaii was one of the most amazing places that I have been to. I visited Oahu, Maui, and Kauai and was able to truly let my courageous side free by doing things like surfing and taking an open-door helicopter ride over the island!
In ten years I hope to be an ambassador and role model for people and especially young women everywhere. I hope to not only achieve my personal and professional goals but truly make an impact on those around me. If given this title of Miss Universe Canada, I would really aim at using this title to make positive changes in the lives of so many. Furthermore, I hope to be in a place where I am doing what I love every single day of my life. We truly only have one life on this earth and thus not a single day should be wasted not doing and not being with those you love!
I am so honoured to have this opportunity and I’m hoping the next journey in my life will include being crowned Miss Universe Canada! I am determined to use this platform to truly make a difference by empowering youth and pushing for equality for all. If given this title, I believe I can make incredible change as well as represent Canada with class, intelligence, and charm! Thank you to the Miss Universe Canada organization for giving me this opportunity and best of luck to my incredibly talented and beautiful (inside and out) fellow delegates.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 12:23 am
Responder al tema

Marina Sabbithi

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Uqychj

Hometown: Montréal, PQ
Languages: English, Telugu, Hindi
Marina always has a smile on her face, she believes in being very optimistic in life. She says we should thank God for the goodness He has embedded in our lives rather than concentrating on the negative aspects of life. She believes in accepting criticism and using it to become a better person. Marina Sabbithi was born and raised in an Arab country, Kuwait. The country with the highest currency value in the world and is situated in The Middle East. In a cultural place like Kuwait she developed having the different approach Arabs have towards everything and especially women. Women are given the highest priority there. Growing up in a completely musical family, she naturally developed the skill of singing since it runs in her blood. She has been a part of many competitions at school and eventually improved her dancing skills. She also loves sporting and has participated in several clusters at school from running to shotput throws. She has also put a step forward in entertaining those who are disabled. She has also been a part of her School Supreme Council which has developed her leadership skills. She later moved to India to pursue her Bachelors’s in Business Administration. Though her plan was to be in the medical side, God has put her in the Business side. Moving to India has changed Marina’s life, she has learnt to live her live in India. Seeing so many different festivals and cultures, she has improved as a person and learnt to be happy with the smallest gifts God has provided her with. Living in India and away from Her parents, She got more close to the Lord. She also attended the most cheerful church and also met the most encouraging Pastor. She was also a part of her church worship team, which improved her skills as a Worshipper. Meeting totally different people in India, she learnt something new from everyone. Later she moved to Canada for her Diploma studies. In Canada, she has met a group of beautiful people who are like family. They encouraged her in becoming a better person, she has again learnt something from every person. Living in many completely different countries, she understood the true value of life and the beauty of Gods creation. She believes in multi-tasking and Will power and says anything can be achieved if you believe in it. She believes in discipline which is the key success to be a leader. She says participation and hard is more important than anything, the rest is up to God. According to her there’s no such thing as ‘Losing’, you either Win or LEARN. She learnt to approach every problem with a positive and calm mind specially not forgetting to smile.
I am a true believer of multi-tasking. As a child, I always participated in a lot variety of activities. The main motive is to never get ‘bored’. My interest lies a lot in music, I keep making a lot of covers of many songs by playing the guitar. I have a love towards dancing too, I have been a part of various dancing groups at school and college, it just brings out the inner child in you. My other main interest is basketball, I have been a fan of basketball since I was a child, I also write songs about it. This is not a very known interest of mind but I’m in a very bored state, I sketch! It improves my concentration and patience a lot. I also have an interest in doing different kinds of hairstyles and makeup, I keep updating my looks and styling skills very often.
As a child, I was born in a musical family, My dad plays more than 4 instruments and Mom is an amazing worship leader! Growing up, me and my brothers heard only songs and instruments, so eventually me and my brothers, we developed the skills of singing and playing a few instruments.

• Athletics (400 m relay, shotput throw, discuss throw)

• Basketball

• Tug-of-war

• Volleyball

Every sport made me a better person, made me stronger to take in different opinions and believe in participation rather than just winning.
My grandparents, they have shown me how to spread love. They are a true inspiration in my life. They were the first one to move out of their comfort zone to make more money for their children. They moved to a completely different country, to have a better life. Seeing them, I learnt to come out of my regular cozy comfort zone and do something that would make me happy and would make me a better person.
I personally felt overwhelmed when I started to sing in the worship team of my church. It has always been a dream to be a part of it. Where you learn so much while practising and at the same time getting close to God, it helped to be more disciplined and distinct. I improved in every side of my life while I was on the worship team, I made me happy on the inside. Other personal achievement was when I was in the Supreme Council of my school, It personally made me a leader not just on the outside but also on the inside.
I have visited the disabled to entertain them. It was a special feeling, they were so pure at heart. They were all aged people but their brains functioned like 5-year old kids. It was a total different experience. I shows you how blessed you are as a person by having so many organs working so perfectly.
Others unique thing I experienced was sky diving, I am really scared of heights but fortunately, I tried to overcome that by going for sky diving and jumped from 13,500 ft! It was the best decision of my life!
My ambition is to become a very successful businesswoman, I would like to own my own fashion label. In order to achieve that I need to become a better person and the best version of myself to handle a huge business. Miss Universe Canada helps you to grow as a person in every aspect of life, you become a better individual and you find your ‘TRUE SELE’ while competing. So my ambition would be apart from winning, even to just ‘PARTICIPATE’ in Miss Universe Canada.
Apart from all this, the main ambition of my life is to see a ‘Proud Smile’ on my mom’s graceful face.
My dream job is to become Miss Universe, it was even the password of my first email ID! It’s not just about the title, its about the responsibilities you will be assigned which will improve you universally and which will help you perfect every part of your life. Where you evolve to become ‘YOU’.
I was born and brought up in an Arab country called Kuwait. My parents are of Indian ethnicity. Since my childhood, I’ve been raised in a society with different races and cultures. I was fortunate enough to know different kinds of people. It helped me to increase my knowledge about different cultures. The best thing about my childhood was food. Growing up,I was also exposed to a lot of music specifically.
I have always given the church a hand in the children’s ministry. It is beautiful to work with children who are so pure.
I have volunteered for a lot of fests at college. I have also volunteered to entertain the disabled. I have also volunteered to meet the disabled people. I helped me to be a more kind person.
I write tiny poems with a lot of rhyming! I also multi-task a lot or at least I try to. Or is being a left-hander in a right-handed world a talent?
India, the diversity is interesting. There are so many things you can learn in India. One thing that attracted me the most are the festivals. They have a festival almost every day, Its really amazing to experience so many festivals and religions all in one place. The next thing would be the food and the list goes on!
I would like to construct a very unique business, a business that encourages young women to be independent. I would also like to help people to build better healthy habits. I would like to spread awareness about health. I would like to use every minute I have to do something I will be proud of in the future.
I would like to mention that I have been a part of my church worship team, which according to me is the greatest achievement since I believe in religion which is a production of discipline. I am waiting to become the best version of myself in Miss Universe Canada 2020

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 12:28 am
Responder al tema

Meera Patel

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 Uqyfzo

Height: 5’1
Hometown: Edmonton, Alberta & Calgary, Alberta
Meera Patel is a brand activator, story-teller, creative consultant, strategist, and entrepreneur. Born in Edmonton, Alberta to Gujarati parents, Meera was always told to use her strength in service to others. With this mission close to her heart, Meera turned her passion for curiosity into her career, and became a Marketing Consultant to help business owners thrive using her expertise in digital marketing. With an academic background in both Chemistry and Marketing, there lies a powerful parallel to Meera’s character as a half Scientist and half Artist.
As a champion of female strength, and women supporting women, Meera is also the founder of Queen Kong Clothing. Queen Kong is a female empowerment tribe that connects women through bold statement fashion, where a portion of profits are donated to charity. This year’s selected charity is the Chhanv Foundation, a Non-Profit Organization in India working for the rehabilitation of acid attack survivors.
Growing up during the birth of the social media boom, Meera first experienced bullying at a young age. She learned fast that there were those who utilized social media to publicly assassinate another’s character, reputation, and physical appearance.
Moreover, if this was happening to her, then others were experiencing this “new-age” form of bullying as well. It was then that Meera learned that pain that is not transformed, is transmitted. In search of building a community to raise the hearts of others, Queen Kong Clothing was born.
Throughout adolescence, Meera often felt like she didn’t fit in in the world. As a woman, she has come to realize that this is because she is here to help build a new one.
Time-travelling! Let me elaborate – time traveling can take many forms. If you’ve ever immersed yourself in a good book, you know exactly what I’m talking about. By just reading 5 words on the first page of an entrapping book, we begin to forget that we are simply reading printed words on a page, and instead, we fall magically into uncharted lands. My love of literature includes both written and spoken-word poetry. My favorite poem is “Pretty” by Katie Makkai; Makkai weaves a cautionary tale about a girl who loses her sense of self-worth while chasing the perceived ideal of being “pretty”. All the while, forgetting the importance of true fulfillment and happiness. Don’t be alarmed if you get chills up your spine and tears in your eyes if you ever have a listen!
I also love time-travelling through impeccable films with striking cinematography that drops you right into a scene of wonder and mystery. So often I forget I’m snuggled up on my couch, merely watching a screen. Alongside my unconventional ways of time travel, I also have a huge passion for traveling itself! I have been fortunate enough to travel to several countries including Thailand, Indonesia, India, France, United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, Vietnam and the United States of America. My favorite part of travelling is exploring the spectacular natural beauty of new countries and learning the different journeys and cultures of the many souls I have met.
Growing up with my father who is notorious for his musical spirit, I had the pleasure of learning a variety of musical instruments, including the (novice) sitar, (novice) harmonium and the clarinet. While my dad was championing my musical side, my Mother took charge of pushing my physical boundaries. As a result, I have extensive experience in Western Ballet, Bharatnatyam, Skiing and Gymnastics.
My parents often encouraged me to seek opportunities outside of my comfort zone, and this quality soon became embedded in my personality. I took it upon myself to enroll in Art Lessons, Public Speaking, Graphic Design and Search Engine Management courses, Cooking classes, Belly Dancing, West Coast Swing classes, The Canadian Aviation Security Awareness Program, and my favourite – Surfing!
My parents didn’t have a lot of faith in my athletic ability growing up…in fact, they found me quite comical! If you ask my Father to recall moments from my childhood, he will in fact ACT out his memories of me as a soccer goalie. From my memories as a goalie, I remember how the soccer ball would eerily roll towards me, as if taunting me. I would step backwards into the net, fully concentrated on the ball, mimicking its pace and direction…just… to… let it in the net! The speed of the soccer ball, or rather, lack thereof, would render me fully capable of stopping the ball with anything – my foot, my hands… anything! Unfortunately, my fear of the ball rolling towards me was greater than the excitement of blocking it. When I lay awake at night, I can still hear parents in the stands groaning and screaming, “MEERA! MEERA! Stop the ball! It’s right there! It can’t hit you! It’s rolling for goodness sakes!”
Fortunately, as I grew older, my fear of soccer balls came to an end. Among others, Soccer is one of my favorite sports to play. But shh, don’t tell 9-year-old Meera… Despite my short stature, I was awarded Most Valuable Player while playing basketball, known for my quick reflexes and agile sprints. Recreationally, I like to pretend I’m Katniss Everdeen at the local Archery studio, learning to practice my steady hand and precise aim in case I ever decide to “volunteer as tribute”. With a competitive nature, it’s easy for me to keep my body healthy and active with different sports and activities. If I’m not playing sports to stay active, you can find me pumping weights at the gym, running my way through the Peace Bridge in Calgary, or perfecting my downward-dog at a Bikram Yoga session. Recently I have found my serotonin levels soaring at an all-time high when sweating during an intense and colorful spin class! Being active is integral to my lifestyle; it has a profound impact on both my mental and physical health. I encourage everyone to cultivate a lifestyle that incorporates physical activity!
I have incredible people in my life, but the two that have had the biggest influence are my older brother and sister, Divyang and Ekta. Both are compassionate, loving, and hilarious, all characteristics that I hope to embody. I’m not sure what I did in a past life to deserve their unconditional love and guidance, but I am colossally grateful. My siblings have instilled in me a genuine curiosity for everyone’s unique story. I am inspired to learn something about whoever I come into contact with and make every interaction meaningful. Ekta and Divyang have imprinted me with a value system that I am proud of, and an unapologetic drive to chase after my dreams. I am grateful for their example, and would not be the woman I am without them.
We all have had bad seasons in life, and mine was while pursuing my Bachelor of Science degree. I remember countless sleepless nights spent studying in the library, “break-down” after “break-down” in the washroom at 4am, and late-night drives home from University that felt like “long howls of silence”. While my Scientific talents had found their home in the Chemistry program, my heart was not there. I remember the feeling of never-ending anxiety, knowing that I was utterly misaligned with my heart. Nonetheless, I received four consecutive honor-roll scholarships while surviving a phase of life that was clouded by my low self-esteem, deep depression, and anxiety. However, I’m not proudest of obtaining the degree, but of coming through that experience and learning the importance of living my truth, and working as hard as I possibly can – for what I believe in.
I recently found myself jumping for joy after selling my first Queen Kong Product without any focused advertising or product marketing. I had poured all my efforts into establishing an online community; often posting motivational quotes, statistics and art that promoted female empowerment. To have an international buyer was truly humbling; it meant that my online community was gaining momentum, and that I was connecting with people all over the world.
Anyone who knows me is aware of my irrational fear of birds. The most intriguing notion of this fact is… nothing traumatic involving a bird has ever happened to me!
Sure, I’ve been circled by birds in the sky while holding a bagel, and sure, I may have thrown “said” bagel while running into the front doors of my high school … but nothing has ever actually happened to me!
I’ve been afraid of birds since I was young and that fear has often hindered my sense of comfort while travelling. Exploring the Louvre in Paris and standing awestruck at history’s greatest artists was incredibly exciting for me… however, my mission to run inside amidst navigating the millions of pigeons outside was nothing short of hilarious and fascinating for the many bystanders! On my recent trip to India, I mentioned my fear of birds in passing conversation to a lady I had just met and she playfully responded she once had the same fear. She encouraged me to look into exposure therapy as a first step. Since that conversation, and after 20 years, I have forced myself to get out of my comfort zone and consciously put myself in spaces where birds are present. It has been difficult, but I’m making progress. In fact, I just called a bird “cute” the other day; you should’ve seen the look on my friends’ face!
I have a passion for connecting with women worldwide; my dream is to forge a global community that fosters women supporting women. I have initiated this movement with Queen Kong Clothing. My hope is to grow Queen Kong Clothing as a brand, and further its mission of female empowerment. To don bold statement fashion is to feel confident enough to do so, and this is the fire that I intend to create and nurture in women all over the world. Many women experience exclusion, and/or bullying in their formative years, and I want them to have a community where they can feel safe, and call home.
I have reverse-engineered my Queen Kong brand goals based on sales, advertising, research, and social listening. I am proud to have created a clothing line that truly resonates with young women. My goal is for Queen Kong to inspire new thought patterns in young girls, and eventually a strong belief system built on the strength of “sisterhood”, and women looking to empower and encourage each other.
In all honesty, I am currently pursuing my dream job! It is my dream to leave this world a better place than I came into it. My goal is to achieve that and more with the Miss Universe Canada 2020 title. It would be both an honour, and privilege to take on the role and responsibilities of Miss Universe Canada; I would be grateful to be provided with the opportunity to inspire others while using this robust platform to shed light on relevant and timely causes and organizations such as Canadians Sharing Locally & Globally, Bullying Canada, Chhanv Organization, Canadian Women’s Foundation and more.
I am tremendously grateful and proud to have been born and raised in the beautiful city and province of Edmonton, Alberta. I have an immense amount of respect and gratitude for my parents who left the comfort of their traditional family and home in India, in hopes to better the lives of their three children in the land of opportunity and equality – Canada. Looking back, I find it funny that my mom and I would go to a nearby lake and feed ducks, and now as an adult, I have developed an ornithophobia which I’m currently trying to conquer! I have always had an especially close relationship with my Father. His tireless work ethic is admirable to say the least, and the initiative he takes to further his skillset inspires me. My Father has been consistent in exemplifying to our family his unwavering dedication to our comfort, health, and safety. Coming from an East Indian background, there is a cultural pressure and traditional narrative to push marriage on your daughters. But instead, my Father pushed education, knowing it would prompt a pursuit of intelligence, curiosity and independence in all of us. And so it has and I couldn’t be more grateful.
As the youngest of the family, I had the luxury of learning through the mistakes of my older brother and sister whom I contribute most of my successes and character to. Unlike most families, my siblings and I vary significantly in age, my sister being 12 years older and my brother five years older than me. My sister often played the role of “Second Mom” in my family; she volunteered as Guardian for many of my school field trips, and was my biggest cheerleader. Whenever I was sad or scared, she did all she could to not only to lift my spirits, but empower me to always see my strength over my fear. Meanwhile, I looked up to my brother for his ability to pick up any sport and excel at it, even if it was his first time! No exceptions. Through childhood, I considered myself a “tomboy” and fully embraced my propensity to video games and athletics. I was proud of my “gaming” accomplishments, and cheekily coined the username: CodFather.
If you ever saw me when I was younger, you would notice a light bulb floating over my head, perpetually looking for “the next” business idea as a “kid-entrepreneur”. I executed my first business plan at eight years old: a lemonade stand, but not your average lemonade stand of course! My lemonade stand was mobile, travelling door to door or to the soccer field on a hot day. I was determined to supply lemonade wherever I saw a demand. It’s funny how things come in full circle as my first job after graduating University was at PepsiCo., and their business model mirrored that of my lemonade stand. At eleven years old, my friends and I set up a makeshift “tattoo parlour” in a tunnel on the playground. We would dip our pencil crayons in water and charge to create canvases out of other tiny human arms. My ventures quickly evolved from crayon art to selling limited edition Pokemon cards to creating cover art for custom CD’s and eventually web-page design. I was born with an inherent entrepreneurial spirit, and am grateful to have kept it alive all these years.
I had the absolute pleasure to work at the Calgary Airport Authority. A leader in the business and aviation industry, they continue to place on Alberta’s Top 50 Employers year after year. My role in the Community Engagement and Stakeholder Relations department led me to manage an enthusiastic, and rather eccentric group of individuals: The Pre-Board Pals Volunteers and their furry loved ones! Pre-Board Pals refers to a partnership between PALS (Pet Access League Society) and The Calgary Airport Authority that provides regular pet-therapy to improve the mental, physical, social, and emotional health of passengers and employees. As a HUGE dog lover, this role filled my heart with joy. Every time I saw our compassionate volunteers with their little furry side-kicks in tow, I felt nothing but “paws-itive vibes”. I was fortunate enough to be able to design baseball inspired trading cards with pictures of these adorable dogs, as well as masquerade as the “pupp-arazzi” for puppy photo shoots in the airport terminal. I can’t help but smile just thinking about it!
Additionally, as an entrepreneur, there is no rhyme or rhythm to my day! The frustrations that my clients and other business owners face can come out of nowhere, and can often be very complex. I am grateful to be in a position where I can help them tackle these issues.

• CIBC Run for Breast Cancer: raised $700.00 alone in the span of two days

• University of Alberta’s Cooperative Education Student Association as VP Marketing

• University of Alberta’s Backstage Pass Student Ambassador for ATB Financial

• Canadians Sharing Locally and Globally Organization

• Heart and Stroke Foundation: captain for the Big Bike Challenge, organizing teams of 12 and was awarded for having the most donations

• Hare Krishna Mandir: served food to attendees

• YYC Navigators: designed a booklet and helped coordinate the program to help children with Autism Spectrum Disorder to navigate the airport and familiarize with security procedures and to minimize sensory overload

• Grey Nuns Hospital

• Festival of Trees

• Mustard Seed Charity Drive

• Hurricane Relief Fundraiser: designed promotional material, organized and executed fundraiser for hurricane relief victims in 2017

I can confidently say that I can concoct a messy albeit entertaining chemistry experiment at the drop of a hat. Although many would argue that my real talent is cleaning up the mess before my parents find out.
I recently travelled to Vellore, a small village in southern India where every person I met felt like a familiar soul; it was as if we had met in a previous life. Vellore is home to the Narayani Peedam Ashram; visiting this ashram was the purpose of my visit to India and it truly felt like heaven on earth. It was a meditative experience for me, particularly when I walked the “Star Path” barefoot at 4:00 am in the morning while the sun was rising on the Golden Temple. Surrounded by intricate hand-painted architecture, I remember feeling so grateful to have all five senses to experience the cleansing energy at the Sri Narayani Golden Temple. My experience in Vellore strengthened my belief in the power of human connection, and allowed an abundance of serenity and healing into my life.
As Michael Chabon succinctly said: “Man makes plans, and God laughs.” While this quote pokes fun at the human condition, it also puts into perspective our adamance, and resulting relief in putting together an airtight five or ten year plan, and following it to a tee.
I only hope to prepare for the opportunity to achieve my aspirations when “10 years from now” comes. I hope to be aligned with my “dream job”, and to feel as though I have successfully contributed to the world in a meaningful way. I hope to have connected, and continue to be connecting with humans all over the world. I want to learn their stories, about their unique cultural backgrounds and all the lessons they have learned.
I hope to achieve a position of influence that will empower me to instill compassion in others, specifically how we, as a global community, can serve through love and empathy. My mission is to leave this world a better place then when I came into it.
I want to use this portion to reach out to readers who may be experiencing depression or anxiety, and are on their individual “self-love” journeys.
My most valuable lesson in life has come through realizing the power of a thought. Thoughts have the ability to wound deeper than anything. We must select our thoughts the same way we select our clothing every day; our thoughts dictate our feelings about ourselves, others, and any experiences we encounter in this world. Consciously choosing our thoughts is a skill we must cultivate if we want to stop identifying ourselves by our problems. I want to encourage anybody experiencing these difficulties to acknowledge their self-doubt and their pain. Stand resolutely in these storms of adversity and meritocracy. Recognize you are more than skin and bones; you are one thousand stories of potential. In fact, your story may serve as somebody else’s survival guide.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrdJue Oct 22, 2020 12:38 am
Responder al tema

Natasha Ahuja

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 UqyrwS

Hometown: Waterloo, ON
Languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Natasha Ahuja is a strong believer that kindness goes a long way. Being kind can cure more than what simply meets the eye and a smile has the power to make someone’s day.
Natasha was born and raised in Waterloo, Ontario, and is now attending Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Natasha is a former NCAA Collegiate 400m hurdler and 400m sprinter. Her love for Track & Field gave her the opportunity to move to New Orleans on a full scholarship where she attended Southern University at New Orleans. At the end of her first year, Natasha received the Dean’s List Award, Highest Class Average Freshman and Highest Freshman GPA, finishing with a 4.0. She later decided to transfer and continue her athletic and academic endeavors at Wayne State. Natasha has also been in the modelling industry for over 5 years and has had the opportunity of being published in magazines in the GTA, New Orleans and Detroit.
Growing up with a father who suffers from bipolar disorder and depression, Natasha fully understood the impact mental illness has on individuals and those around them. For this reason, she decided to pursue a degree in Psychology to better understand mental health and human behavior. Natasha has been involved in conducting ongoing research at school regarding non-suicidal self-injury and the adverse effects of suicide. Her goal is to eliminate the stigma of mental health that exists in society today and encourage those suffering from mental illnesses to seek treatment in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
Natasha has always been fascinated with makeup and her vision sprung from her passion towards beauty and making others smile. Natasha is the Founder of “Beaudefy the Odds”, an up-and-coming Non-Profit Organization that focuses on reminding everyone that their beauty is more powerful than their struggle. Her non-profit will work closely with people who have suffered from an illness or hardship that has lowered their confidence and self-esteem. Through the power of makeup, Natasha will be working with hospitals, healthcare facilities and medical professionals to help people remember that they never lost their beauty. By producing video content, she has created a platform to share their stories and let others know that they are not alone. She hopes to create an everlasting community that will allow people to unite through their struggles – not self-isolate and suffer alone.
Natasha has created daily reminder videos promoting self-love and kindness on TikTok while also sharing her positivity on Instagram. She has used these platforms on social media to speak up on social and health issues while instilling confidence amongst those who come across her page. Natasha has grown her platform to over 55,000 followers and aspires to continue to empower others and promote the importance of being kind to oneself and, in turn, to other human beings, as well.
Becoming Miss Universe Canada would give Natasha the opportunity to break through beauty perceptions of visible minorities and create a shift in the mindset of future generations.
I enjoy travelling, running, doing makeovers and meeting new people. Travelling has allowed me to gain knowledge about other cultures and also view humankind from a different perspective. Running has always allowed me to wind down and relieve stress. Makeup has been therapeutic for not only myself, but those who have allowed me to do their makeup. Above all else, I enjoy spreading positivity. I am happiest when I am putting a smile on other people’s faces.
Through my modelling career, I have had 7 years of training. I learned about posture, posing, fitness and runway. This special training gave me the opportunity to be featured in several magazines and a commercial. I also took art lessons growing up which taught me abstract art and sketching. This definitely sparked my creativity and allowed me to think outside the box.
Sports have played a significant role in my life from a young age. Growing up, I tested out almost every sport until I found something that I loved. I participated in basketball, field hockey, swimming, figure skating, volleyball and track and field. Basketball and track grew to become my two favorite sports. I played basketball recreationally, competitively and on my high school team. However, Track and Field changed my life forever. In grade 7 when I competed in hurdles for the first time and won county finals while setting a meet record. My passion for hurdles continued into high school as I competed on a competitive team as well as high school. I made the decision in grade 10 that I wanted to go to the United States and run at a Collegiate level. Sports taught me the importance of determination and work ethic. Ultimately, my hard work paid off and I landed a full scholarship at Southern University at New Orleans.
My grandfather is and always will be the greatest influence in my life. He is the hardest working and most kind-hearted person. My grandpa moved from India at the age of 36 with nothing but two dollars in hand. After losing his father during the tragic divide between India, he set a venture to Canada for a better life. Coming to the Kitchener/Waterloo area, my grandpa was the first man to wear a Turban. My grandpa is living proof that your circumstance does not define you. With the right work ethic and dedication towards your dream, anything is possible. He has influenced me to work hard no matter how seemingly unattainable my goals may be. My grandpa worked his way to the top of his industry and became one of the top Insurance Advisors in Canada. He constantly reminds me to keep a positive outlook on life and be kind to everyone whom we cross paths with.
My proudest personal accomplishment would definitely be receiving a full athletic scholarship to continue my athletic and academic career in the United States. Coming from an East Indian descent, it is very seldom that females from our culture are seen competing at a Collegiate level. I felt proud not only being a visible minority but by being a woman in athletics. In grade 10, I decided to get a personal trainer. I would wake up at 5:30AM and have a training session for an hour and a half before my high school classes started. I worked extremely hard to earn my scholarship and continued this work ethic in University. My focus was always to remain balanced between athletics and academics. I maintained a 4.0 GPA during my first year as a collegiate athlete. My athletic journey is most definitely my proudest accomplishment.
The most interesting and unique experience I have had was flying to Los Angeles, California to do my first makeover for my Non-Profit Organization “Beaudefy the Odds”. I had the opportunity to meet a 30-year-old woman who had just won her battle with Ovarian Cancer. I reached out to her initially through Instagram and asked if she would be interested in sharing her story on video. It was so amazing to be able to sit in her home, over 4,000 kilometers away and do her makeup. This experience was lifechanging as it opened my eyes to the reality of someone struggling with Cancer. After doing her makeup, her reaction was priceless and the tears down her eyes spoke more than words ever could.
My career ambition is to create a lifelong impact in the lives of those who are struggling with self-confidence and self-esteem. I am actively working towards my ambition with my up-and-coming Non-Profit Organization, “Beaudefy the Odds”. The mission statement is to remind everyone that their beauty is more powerful than their struggle. I had a sudden idea in November of 2019 to combine my love for makeup and helping others. Since then, my Non-Profit has gained recognition from media outlets such as Yahoo Finance, Market Watch and Business Insider. I plan to continue to raise awareness and eliminate the definition of “beauty” that society has created.
My dream job does not come with a “title” – but only “a purpose”. I want to radiate positivity across everyone I encounter and use my voice to remove stigmas regarding mental health. I hope that through my Non-Profit Organization, I am able to remind others that they are beautiful – no matter what. I want to inspire others and motivate them so that they know that anything is possible with faith, hard work and a smile.
I was born and raised in Waterloo, Ontario. My childhood was far from perfect, but I would not be the woman I am today without it. Growing up with a father who was struggling with bipolar disorder and depression, life at home was not the happiest. Along with these two mental illnesses came severe financial burden, emotional and mental distress and plenty of adjustments. My father had manic and depressive episodes which would cause a rollercoaster of events at home. During my childhood, I witnessed first-hand, what life is like with a mental illness. I learned not to judge others, because everyone has a story. I realized that kindness, empathy and a smile can cure so much more than we think. My awareness at a young age has made me want to implement change and eliminate the stigmas that exist in society regarding mental health. Mental health is just as important as physical health and I believe that this is the lesson my childhood taught me.
Being a brand ambassador on University Campuses would have to be the most interesting job I have had. I got the opportunity to walk around campus and network with students. This allowed me to meet new people and also welcome newcomers at the University. I got to give out free merchandise, freezies and host on-campus contests to push students out of their comfort zone. I enjoyed this job because I got to talk to other students about their concerns at school and provide advice, while also making friends along the way!

• Lab Assistant at Wayne State University
  • World Vision
  • Relay 4 Life
  • Youth Track and Field Team
  • Youth Basketball Association Camp
  • KidsAbility
  • Breast Cancer Society of Canada
  • Canadian Cancer Society
  • Karmanos Cancer Institute
  • YMCA

My most unusual talent is that I can find something positive in any situation. No matter how bad it may seem, I will always find the bright side.
The most interesting place I have been to is my country of descent, India. This was by far the most eye-opening experience. Travelling to a developing country made me even more grateful for the life I have been given. While wandering the streets of India, I witnessed immense poverty and a lack of appropriate healthcare. I found it shocking to see the number of people who were homeless and stranded with families to care for. Many of us take simple things for granted such as clean water and a roof over our head. Seeing people with absolutely nothing, smiling and happy, reminded me to be grateful. This trip made me understand how privileged I truly am to be born and raised in Canada. Furthermore, I learned how much my parents and grandparents have sacrificed to provide a better life filled with opportunities.
In ten years, I hope to be making a significant difference in people’s lives. I hope to instill confidence in others and create change through my entrepreneurial endeavors. Using my platform, I hope to continue to raise awareness of mental health issues and inspire others to chase their dreams. With my Non-Profit, I hope to have implemented a permanent service in all hospitals that offers free makeup services to patients. Most of all, I hope to influence others to be kind to one another.
If I can go to sleep knowing that I put a smile on one person’s face or made one person feel beautiful – I truly believe that I am winning at life. I believe that today is beautiful and tomorrow is even more beautiful.

Contenido patrocinado

BlackLivesMatter - candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct. - Página 5 GejDcrd
Responder al tema

candidatas a miss universe canada 2020. final: 24 oct.
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 5 de 6.Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Siguiente