Reinas de Belleza ❀ ELITE BEAUTIES

Bienvenidos a ELITE BEAUTIES ❀ Foros con información acerca de Reinas de Belleza, Certámenes Masculinos, Competencias de Modelaje, ''Realities'' y más...

ÍndicePortalContactarnosÚltimas imágenesBuscarRegistrarseConectarse
Regístrese para formar parte de nuestra Comunidad. ¡Una vez registrado, podrá Ingresar para participar, publicar temas, subir fotos, intercambiar mensajes privados y más!
Usuarios más Activos del Mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan a los Foristas que integran el Top 9 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28471-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-mes-de-marzo-2024
Forista Popular del mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan al Ganador/a ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28497-resultado-final-votacion-del-forista-popular-del-mes-de-marzo
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Misses - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28249-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misses
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Místers - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28248-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misters
Usuarios más Activos del Año 2023 - Conozcan al Top 18 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28251-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-ano-2023

Comparte
Ir a la página : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Siguiente

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto.

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

Like : 9425
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. Empty
MensajeTema: candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:08 pm
Responder al tema

Ainaz Giahi
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. BH61w7k
Height: 5’4
Hometown: Moncton, NB
Languages: English, Kurdish, Farsi
Occupation: Student at Mount Allison University (Bachelor of Science, Majoring in Chemistry and Minoring in Biology)

Ainaz Giahi was born and raised in Iran aspiring to be a Canadian citizen and is currently pursuing her academic strives as a student at Mount Allison University in New Brunswick, Canada. With a major in Chemistry and a minor in Biology, she is dedicated to expand her knowledge and expertise in the scientific field.

In parallel to her studies, Ainaz has attained noteworthy achievements in her professional journey. She authored an 800-page book for second-language people who are struggling with academics due to limited academic English vocabulary. This also leads her to be featured on TV and recognized as a student of the 2021 for Equality, Inclusivity and Diversity Award at her graduation. She is a passionate advocate for the Red Cross; for instance, she served as their ambassador at the 2022 Walmart Campaign and her efforts in fundraising have made a significant impact, contributing to the betterment of society and reaching the 101.6% goal. Additionally, Ainaz is organizing a “Be Ready” workshop club at MTA, which empowers individuals to develop essential skills for personal and professional emergency disasters.

Ainaz’s passion for serving others extends to her volunteer work at hospitals and her involvement with the Red Cross Emergency Response Team. Through these experiences, she has witnessed the direct importance of compassion and helping those in need such as the wildfires in Nova Scotia 2023 and Atlantic Hurricane Fiona 2022 Response. Moreover, Ainaz has engaged in shadowing opportunities with family physicians, gaining valuable insights into the medical profession. She eagerly anticipates an upcoming shadowing experience with a plastic surgeon, further expanding her knowledge in the field of medicine.

Confidence is a fundamental aspect of Ainaz’s character. With her sights set on becoming a speaker at the United Nations, she aspires to utilize her voice as a platform for advocating important causes and inspiring positive change on a global scale. One for women’s rights education and support, and the other for environmental protection and firefighter assistance.
What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?

Music has been my steadfast companion, guiding me through the complex pathways of language learning. It has not only broadened my view but also illuminate a passion for exploring new cultures and languages. Through the harmonious fusion of music and language, I have discovered the beauty of linguistic diversity and the transformative power of music.

Beginning on a multilingual journey has been a transformative experience, immersing me in the harmonious blend of diverse languages. I have always found myself captivated by the enchanting melodies of French, Arabic, and Mandarin; through these languages, I have expanded my horizons, connected with diverse communities, and celebrated the beauty of linguistic diversity.

With photography, I capture the fleeting moments that hold profound meaning, freezing time and preserving memories that evoke feelings long after they’ve passed. Fashion is another realm that I deeply value, as it is a powerful means of self-expression to convey one’s personality, creativity, and originality.

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc.)

From grade 2, I embarked on a transformative journey through piano, dance, and swimming. As my fingers danced across the piano keys, I discovered the power of music to evoke emotions and create a symphony of feelings. With each graceful movement in dance, I found a voice without words, expressing my deepest joys and sorrows. And as I glided through the water, stroke by stroke, I realized the strength and resilience that lie within me. These unique and diverse pursuits have moulded me into a person of depth and passion, inspiring me to embrace creativity, embrace challenges, and make a lasting impact on the world around me.

In what sports, if any, have you participated?

Throughout my life, I have involved myself in the world of swimming, embracing its graceful strokes and the water’s embrace. From a young age, I discovered a deep affinity for swimming, and it has remained a constant passion ever since. I dedicated countless hours to honing my skills, pushing my limits, and achieving proficiency in the water. This dedication and commitment led me to become a certified lifeguard in my country, an accomplishment that I hold dear. I have also earned a medal in recognition of my achievements in swimming, a tangible symbol of the hard work and determination that have shaped my aquatic endeavours. Swimming has not only been a sport for me but a source of joy, personal growth, and a profound connection with the water’s vast expanse.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

One person who has induced an immense influence on my life, apart from my parents, is none other than the extraordinary Stephen Hawking. His high intellect and persistent resolve in the face of physical limitations have established him as a force of unparalleled power throughout history. His awe-inspiring journey serves as a potent reminder that the limitations of our physical bodies fade in comparison to the boundless potential of our minds. Stephen Hawking’s legacy resonates within me, igniting a blazing conviction that my own imperfections do not diminish my worth, for it is the power of my mind that shall lead me to unparalleled heights in the future.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?

The completion of an 800-page book during my last year at high school. This book held a special significance as it was specifically crafted to aid second-language learners who were struggling with English. This project was deeply inspired by my own experiences when I first arrived in Canada and faced difficulties in academics due to my limited English vocabulary. The book stands as a testament to my determination, resilience, and ability to transform personal challenges into a positive impact on others. It represents my firm dedication to supporting and uplifting those who face similar struggles, and it remains a source of immense pride for me.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?

The distinct contrast between the two countries has been one of the most transformative experiences in my life. In my home country, social, political and even individual security for women was at the bare minimum, while in a new land, I discovered a sincere sense of freedom and security. This eye-opening adventure highlighted the impact of geographic location on individuals’ lives and sparked a passion within me to advocate for equality, justice, and the recognition of basic human rights. I am committed to breaking down barriers and enriching understanding between diverse cultures and nations, striving for a world where everyone can bloom regardless of their place of origin.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

Confidence is the key to navigating life’s challenges, and I am determined to become a Plastic Surgeon who helps individuals cultivate it. This aligns perfectly with the core values upheld by Miss Universe Canada, where inner strength and empowerment are celebrated. As I pursue my goal of becoming a plastic surgeon, I see a natural synergy between this career path and my participation in Miss Universe Canada. By promoting beauty, intelligence, and philanthropy on an international stage, I will not only embody the values of the pageant but also exemplify the transformative power of plastic surgery in boosting individuals’ self-confidence. I am dedicated to actively seeking opportunities for learning and growth, immersing myself in practical experiences and shadowing various medical professionals. Through these attempts, I aim to refine my skills, expand my knowledge, and make a positive impact on the lives of those I serve, both as a plastic surgeon and as a representative of Miss Universe Canada.

What would be your “dream job” in life?

My dream job in life would be to serve as the voice of women worldwide and advocate for their rights and empowerment, while also pursuing my passion as a plastic surgeon. Working as a speaker at the United Nations would provide a platform for me to address critical issues affecting women globally, while my career as a plastic surgeon would allow me to directly impact the lives of individuals through transformative surgeries. By combining these two passions, I would have the opportunity to address both systemic issues and individual needs, working towards a world where all women can embrace their full potential and feel confident in their own skin. It would be a powerful way to contribute to the betterment of society and make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised in a Kurdish family, belonging to a minority ethnic group with a rich cultural heritage. Growing up, my childhood was shaped by the unique experiences and challenges that come with being part of a minority community. One aspect that left a lasting impression on me was the need to navigate cultural and social dynamics, particularly regarding my hijab. As a young child, I vividly remember feeling a sense of concern whenever encountering the police. In those moments, I would instinctively seek safety behind my mother, seeking comfort and protection.

Despite the occasional unease, my childhood was also filled with moments of joy, love, and connection within my family. We celebrated our Kurdish traditions and cherished our language, music, and cuisine. Our home was a vibrant hub where storytelling, laughter, and the aroma of delicious food filled the air. These experiences instilled in me a deep appreciation for my roots and a strong sense of cultural identity.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

One remarkable chapter of my life involved working with the Red Cross, where I actively contributed to disaster relief efforts. I vividly recall being there during the intense wildfires of Nova Scotia in 2023 and even Atlantic Hurricane Fiona in 2022, working tirelessly to assist affected communities and provide support to those in need.

Another significant job experience was being a part of a cooperative program at a local hospital. During my time there, I had the privilege of working closely with elderly patients, offering them companionship, assistance, and care. It was during one such interaction that a beautiful moment unfolded. After spending quality time with an elderly patient, bidding them farewell, I was unexpectedly gifted a heartfelt thank-you card. The card, adorned with their handwritten message of gratitude, touched my heart and reinforced the importance of human connection and the impact we can have on each other’s lives.

What is your most unusual talent?

One of my unique talents is my ability to find beauty and inspiration in the ordinary. I have a keen eye for observing the world around me, appreciating the little details that often go unnoticed. Whether it’s the soft glow of sunset, the intricate patterns in nature, or the genuine kindness exchanged between strangers, I find joy in the simplest of things. This talent fuels my creativity and inspires me to share my unique perspective through art and storytelling, encouraging others to see the beauty that surrounds them. It’s a reminder to slow down, savour the present, and find wonder in the everyday moments of life.

Where is the most interesting place you have been to?

One of the most interesting places I have been to is Palangan in Kurdistan of Iran. Known for its remarkable architectural design, Palangan features houses built on terraces on the slope of a mountain, creating a visually stunning village. Its interconnected layout and narrow pathways add to its charm and functionality. Beyond its architecture, Palangan is rich in cultural heritage, with vibrant traditions, music, dance, and local cuisine. The village’s natural surroundings, including lush greenery and waterfalls, further enhance its beauty. Palangan represents the beauty and resilience of the Kurdish people and offers a unique and captivating travel experience.

What do you hope to be doing in ten years?

In ten years, my main goal is to be a mother and have a voice that can influence people and protect my loved ones. I am deeply passionate about education and dedicated to addressing social issues, particularly women’s rights and environmental protection. Through my experiences with the Red Cross and witnessing the devastating effects of wildfires, I am driven to make a difference.

To tackle these challenges, I am planning to establish two non-governmental organizations (NGOs). One will focus on advocating for women’s rights, and my plan is to educate women and families through online tutorials and expand to in-person sessions with the support of the government. The other will be dedicated to environmental protection and supporting firefighters. I am inspired by the stance of François Legault, the Prime Minister of Quebec, who emphasizes the importance of safety and the need to increase the number of firefighters without specialized training.

Is there anything you would like to add that we haven’t asked?

The impact of women in politics and their presence in decision-making is significant. Women have the power to shape policies and contribute to universal decision-making processes. Whether they are young or older, women possess strength and bring unique perspectives that enrich governance, just like Margaret Thatcher and Angela Merkel.

Última edición por julinha el Mar Jul 25, 2023 10:11 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

MensajeTema: Re: candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:10 pm
Responder al tema

Alexandra Zhang Denkovski
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. 368970612_alexandra-zhang-denkovski-2023
Height: 5’6
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Languages: English, Chinese (Mandarin)
Occupation: Student at Trebas Institute Toronto (Audio Engineering & Production/DJ Arts)

Alexandra Zhang Denkovski, a unique blend of Chinese and Serbian heritage, was born in the bustling city of Toronto. Raised by her immigrant grandmother alongside her younger sister, Alexandra faced numerous challenges in her early life due to the absence of a traditional parental presence. Yet, it was during these times that she nurtured her innate talent and passion for the arts.

Dance, music, and drawing have always been the cornerstones of Alexandra’s identity. With 16 years of professional dance experience under her belt, she excelled in competitive ballet from a young age. Her musical talents shone through as she completed an Associate Diploma (ARCT) at the Royal Conservatory of Music, showcasing her profound understanding of the art form. The arts have been the guiding force in Alexandra’s journey of self-discovery and personal growth.

After high school, Alexandra sought to challenge herself by pursuing a degree in business at the prestigious Ted Rogers School of Management. Her relentless drive and ambition led her to excel in a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a major in Entrepreneurship at Toronto Metropolitan University. Currently, Alexandra is further honing her skills by pursuing a diploma in Audio Engineering & Production/DJ Arts at Trebas Institute Toronto.

As a biracial individual, Alexandra has faced unique challenges and often felt like she didn’t quite fit in. Despite this, she has embraced her diverse heritage, learning more about Chinese and Serbian traditions and drawing strength from her dual identity. Alexandra’s life is a testament to the beauty of embracing one’s differences and using them as a source of inspiration and creativity. Her story is a powerful reminder that our unique qualities are what make us valuable and cherished, both by ourselves and by others.

Travelling is one of my biggest interests. I am passionate about acquiring knowledge and experience from different cultures in different countries. As well, I hold a deep appreciation for the natural wonders of our world and always look for new opportunities to experience the natural world that surrounds us. Dance, photography, and music are also among my biggest interests.

A professionally trained ballerina, competitive dancer in contemporary, lyrical, jazz, tap, and classical, acclaimed pianist, trained musical engineer, and artist of five years.

I was involved in soccer, volleyball, basketball, and swimming throughout my primary, secondary, and post-secondary schooling.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

The person who has had the most influence on my life is my best friend Katherine. Katherine has been a major building block in who I am today, and I have never doubted our friendship since the day I met her. She inspires me to always stay true to myself and continues to support me through thick and thin.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?

My proudest personal accomplishment would be completing my teacher’s level of piano at the Royal Conservatory of Music after almost ten years of training.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?

One of the most interesting things about me is that I am half Chinese and Half Serbian/ Macedonian.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

I strive to continue my entrepreneurial pursuit to become a successful business owner and grow a supportive and unique environment for disadvantaged communities. To accomplish this, I will continue to seek out networking opportunities and professional development to cultivate an experienced and skilled background for future entrepreneurial endeavours.

Although I aspire to continue my entrepreneurial pursuit, I also dream to be a musical artist. I have always been passionate about music, and I firmly believe there is an opportunity for me in the future to intersect both business and music.

I was raised in the northern part of the major metropolitan Centre of Toronto. My childhood was consistently surrounded by the creative arts, and I lived an unordinary yet fulfilling childhood with my immigrant grandparents and younger sister. Although my parents separated at a young age, I found courage within my close relationships with my sister and grandmother to face adversity with bravery and resiliency.

I was a manager at Golden Age Fine Arts, a business that organized special antiques and fine art.

List any volunteering you have done.

I participated in a volunteer experience for two months in Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos as a social advocate.

I am part of the 1% category of top competitors in the video game Apex Legends, which hosts over 130 million players.

The most interesting place I have been to is Laos. I had the opportunity to visit Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world. It was a spiritual and lavishing experience and I was deeply touched by the heartfelt and remarkable people of Laos. I also experienced many trips on the Nam Ou River, a place filled with different communities, hubs of trade, and astonishing ecological landscapes.

In 10 years’ time, I aspire to own a successful business and continue my musical career. I see a great future in the combination of my two greatest passions, and I hope to one day become an esteemed and established artist with an empowering business to support those in need.

We are each like a garden that we cultivate throughout our life. Everyone has their unique beauty. I have always tried to be true to myself, even when it means going against the grain and being different from others. Our diversity amongst us all creates a beautiful mosaic, and Canada is an extraordinary place for the diversity that it represents. As such, to me, having this opportunity with Miss Universe Canada would mean honouring my commitment to the idea that being different is truly beautiful. For me, this is a powerful message that, more than anything, I want to embody so that I can pass it on to others.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:13 pm
Responder al tema

Alexia Anand
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. CiJMYSs
Hometown: Markham, ON
Languages: English, conversational Tagalog

Alexia Anand was born and raised in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Not only is she a proud Canadian, but she also represents her Filipina and Indian heritage. With a passion for politics and the arts, Alexia graduated with distinction from the University of Toronto in 2022. She had a double major in Political Science, Cinema Studies, and a minor in Art History. After many years of dedication and hard work at school, Alexia is excited to pursue law school the following year to achieve her dreams of becoming a family lawyer. Alexia also desires to have a career in the arts after being a trained vocalist for seven years. She has also been a pianist since the age of six.

Alexia’s academic background in politics and the arts makes her not only creative, but also highly analytical. While at university, Alexia volunteered as the finance director of HanVoice and went above and beyond to raise funds to support North Korean refugees in Toronto.

Through her volunteer work, Alexia has become passionate about human rights and protecting women. Her passion for defending women in vulnerable positions makes her an ideal candidate for a career in family law.

I enjoy experimenting with my fashion sense, going to the gym, spending time with friends, playing the electric guitar, and making my own music! I love activities where I can freely express myself. I would say that making music has been an effective outlet for me to personify my feelings. I don’t post my music anywhere, but I share my songs with close friends since I consider it my personal diary most of the time.

I’ve danced ballet competitively for 10 years since I was three years old. I have also taken singing lessons for three years, acting classes for a year, and improv classes.

I started playing recreational golf last year and I really enjoy it. I’ve learned that it’s a fun way to destress and enjoy the sun! I’ve also participated in Sport stacking where a competitor must stack cups at an extremely fast pace. I am proud to say that I have earned multiple medals after competing in those competitions for three years.

I’ve been an only child all my life, and growing up, I was surrounded by many cousins and considered them my siblings. I would say my cousin Nona is one of the most influential people I have in my life. I consider her my big sister even though we’re the same age. Nona is extremely independent, knows what she wants, is kind-hearted, and has an excellent sense of humour. She inspires me to work hard at everything I do, maintain a positive mindset, and set high standards for myself in every facet of life. From what I’ve learned from Nona, she has helped me become a better person and inspired me to be the leader I am today.

My greatest accomplishment is staying true to myself ever since childhood. Recently, I stumbled across a project I made when I was 11. I wrote down my goals, my interests, and the people I love. At age 23, it feels as if I made this project yesterday. I realized that I have always been diligent to achieve my dreams and goals since I was a child. It makes me proud to imagine how my 11-year-old self would be thrilled to meet the hardworking, yet genuine 23-year-old Alexia.

Multiculturalism is one of the things I find interesting about myself. I’m half Filipino, half Indian, and Canadian. Since my upbringing, I’ve explored these three beautiful backgrounds. It’s something I find unique about myself and how I’ve bonded with others. In addition, I am always curious about other cultures as well.

I aspire to be a family lawyer. I am applying to law school this year, and as someone fascinated by human psychology and family dynamics, this is my dream career!

A job where I can help others, especially women in vulnerable positions. As a family lawyer, I’d like to be a helpful ally to women who have faced domestic abuse for instance, and provide a safe space. From one woman to another, I aspire to be a source of refuge.

I was raised in Markham, Ontario Canada. My mom immigrated from the Philippines and my father immigrated from India before I was born. Ever since I was a child, I have ingrained their cultures into my identity. I’m an only child, but I taught myself to be confident and independent at a very young age. My two cultures, including being Canadian, taught me unique ways to express myself through the arts. This includes singing and acting after watching many three-hour Bollywood films and Tagalog teleseryes growing up.

At the age of ten, I was on a television show where I had to build an alarm clock from scratch for a competition. Although I wasn’t the winner, I earned a rewarding and interesting experience and I’m proud of my younger self for taking risks.

In high school, I was in a student-led organization where individuals from Markham organized music-performing events for students. This was a rewarding experience since it gave me the opportunity to sing in front of unfamiliar crowds. It was also fulfilling watching other like-minded individuals pursue their musical passions as well.

At university, I volunteered for UN Women. I created Instagram infographics by researching gender and race inequalities against women.

Another volunteer experience I enjoyed at school was HanVoice, a charity supporting North Korean refugees in Toronto. I was the finance director and organized fundraising goals and allocated funds.

I was also a mentor for pre-law students by guiding mentees through their academic careers, offering helpful advice, and being a friend to chat with.

Opera singing. To be fair, I love karaoke with my friends and family but the opera singing is something I usually keep to myself since I genuinely have no idea when that skill could come in handy.

The most interesting place I have been to is Rome, Italy. At the University of Toronto, I minored in Art History. There, I enriched my knowledge about the fine arts in Rome, including seeing one of the world’s most breathtaking works of art – the Colosseum. Having one of the most beautiful buildings in the world in front of you is a remarkable experience. It’s fascinating to think about how different pieces of art have been interpreted differently by millions of individuals throughout history.

Since I am passionate about health and fitness, I hope to be the healthy and happy self I envision for the future Alexia. In ten years, I expect to continue fostering deep relationships with myself, my friends, and my family. At the same time, I hope to accomplish my career as a successful family lawyer and start a family of my own.

As my first pageant, I am extremely grateful to be a delegate this year! I’m excited to be supporting a platform that I am passionate about to help other people. I’m also looking forward to making new friends, learning more about myself, and having the experience of a lifetime.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:15 pm
Responder al tema

Alexia Nelson
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. YRintQE
Height: 5’9
Hometown:  Montréal, QC
Languages: English, French, Creole

A polyglot who was born and raised in a culturally diverse city of Montreal. Alexia spent her early years with parents who focused on good values like culture, museum, traveling, reading, geography and art. She describes herself as a cook with a passion that will not cease her curiosity to live a delicious gastronomic experience.

Currently working on her engineering degree, she has a passion for STEM and is an lifelong bookworm. One of hers other passion is to organize events. She also believes in giving back and has devoted a lot of time and resources to volunteering for different non-profit organizations. She is a dreamer, a hardworking woman capable of making difficult decisions when it comes to making the best decision for her own good.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:22 pm
Responder al tema

Alyssa Lugo-Mayrand
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. NbuOzpS
Hometown: Rouyn-Noranda, QC
Languages: French, English, Spanish (conversational)

Born in the city of Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Alyssa is a 20-year-old mental health advocate currently pursuing a simultaneous program in Psychology at the University of Sudbury. Being the firstborn of a Dominican father and a Canadian mother, the young artist speaks four different languages which include French, English, Spanish, and a bit of ASL as she believes that it is important to be able to communicate with the world around her. As someone who loves challenges, Alyssa spent her early years learning synchronized swimming until her teenage years. What started out as a hobby, later turned into a passion that led to several gold medals in the Quebec Games. Although she excelled at swimming, Alyssa was drawn towards acting and was determined to pursue it professionally. At the age of fifteen years old, she made her entrance into the world of acting by appearing in her first short film: Parle-moi (Talk To Me) by Jules de Niverville in Montreal. Three years later, she left the comfort of her home to train at Vancouver Film School in the Acting For Film and Television Program, thanks to which she had the chance to master her acting craft, from the audition room to on camera as well as to become a lead character in several projects such as: Valentine’s Day Disaster by Shane Tweedun/VFS Production (2021), Detention by Arun Fryer & Ana Carrizales/AGA FILMS (2021), and Eva by Pacôme Baudet/UQUAT Production (2023).

Through her mental health awareness community, Alyssa wants to encourage the world to become their own hero by empowering them to find the strength within themselves to own their true colours. As an agent of change, her main objective is not only to break the conformity effect engendered by our societies, but to give whoever wants to listen the courage to live by reminding the world that each and every one of us is a light, and that it is by helping, and supporting each other that we share a little bit of ours with theirs. That we, as individuals, have much more power than we realize, and that we can all contribute to a world of change in which everyone invests their time in the subjects that are most important to them (politics, mental health, environment, etc.) if we allow ourselves to be our own person without fear of the gaze of judgment. All it takes is for everyone to understand how important they are, and that starts with educating the individual to mental health, emotional intelligence, self-love, etc.

Being homeschooled so that she can work in the film industry, moving to the other side of the country at 18 years old to pursue her dreams, and making the best out of a terrible situation (Covid-19) by reuniting several school graduates and teachers from different establishment around Quebec in order to send a beautiful message of hope and positivity through a video diffused on social media only proves that she is able to achieve any goal regardless of its scale or fear factor. Juggling between being a childcare worker, a mental health advocate, a scriptwriter, a full time psychology student, a video editor, an actor, a musician, and an artist, her all-time favorite hobby would have to be singing. In fact, Alyssa has been singing since she was a little girl and even auditioned for the Dutch reality television talent show Star Academy despite her fear of singing in front of other people at the time. Passionate, the young woman isn’t afraid to dare so that she can make the best out of a life full of surprises.

I love singing, dancing, writing, drawing, painting, photography, editing, swimming, boating, listening to music, learning new languages, spending time with family, and going on adventures with friends.

Synchronized swimming
Acting (Film & Television)
Theatre
Painting/drawing
Singing

I had the chance to do competitive synchronized swimming for 5 years.

My little sister is one of the main reasons that I am the person that I am today. As someone whose opinion mattered a lot to me when I was a kid, it was the good times as well as the bad times that we had together that built a part of who I am today.

To be completely honest, one of my greatest personal prides is going to live for a year on the other side of the country to begin what has become an incredible experience at Vancouver Film School in British Columbia. Having developed an anxiety disorder as well as agoraphobia a few months before my departure, getting out of my comfort zone was very complicated for me at that time, even though I had to do it anyway to work on film sets. As becoming an actress, an advocate for change, and an advocate for mental health were my goals, I could not conceive that my sudden anxiety disorder would suddenly take control over my life and at the same time ruin all my chances of succeeding in what I wanted to undertake in the future. With that in mind, I jumped at the chance that came my way to move to Vancouver only six days after one of the school representatives called to tell me that a spot was suddenly released. I boarded the plane and arrived in a city where a whole new world presented itself to me. Filled with surprises, the sounds of police cars and ambulances, the screams of various people during the night, excrement on the ground, and tall, imposing buildings overwhelmed me and deprived me of my feeling of safety. I arrived one day before the beginning of the program and slept in a motel for the first few days before finding an apartment with an amazing roommate who is now a good friend. It wasn’t easy, but I had confidence that all of this wouldn’t be for nothing, and I was right. Meeting all of these actors made me realize why I love this work so much, and I will never forget the incredible adventure that I had the chance to be a part of. I have grown as a person, and I learned how to overcome my anxiety in a few months by not allowing it to control my life, and this is my greatest pride.

I like to think that my emotional intelligence is one of the most interesting things about me. Being able to perceive, use, understand, manage, and handle my emotions, I am lucky enough to be able to overcome whatever comes my way. Of course, that doesn’t mean that it’s always easy, but it is one of my biggest strength.

I want to make a profession out of being an actor, a psychologist, and an influencer. I am currently studying in a psychology program that could get me there. I am also still taking acting classes to build my craft and am advocating for mental health on social media to try to make our world a more comprehensible place.

I would love to become an actress. Being an actor means telling stories and sharing various messages with people in order to make this world a more comprehensible place. It is about letting yourself be vulnerable so you can share your humanity with people as well as speak for those who can’t by bringing their stories to life. Acting is something that I love doing as much as writing, and I hope to make a career out of it.

I am proud to say that I was born in the charming town of Rouyn-Noranda in Abitibi-Témiscamingue. A place with fantastic people where everyone knows each other. As an elementary school girl, I was the little light of innocence that believed in the beauty in all things and that the world, as contradictory as it could be, was a place full of acceptance, compassion, and hope for all. My family and I had the habit of going to our cottage after school every weekend. Having a younger sister, we had a lot of fun creating imaginary worlds, stories, adventures, and even role-playing. As for my parents, they always showed me and my sister unconditional love. With us, the phrase “I love you” is far from taboo, which has greatly helped me to feel less alone and abnormal when the other children in primary school all made me feel like an alien.

Chilcare worker.

I have already volunteered at figure skating shows as well as in a daycare center.

I can write on a sheet of paper with my right foot!

Dominican republic. The world is so united in this country. A lot of people are friends with their neighbors; they prioritize family, and they never miss a moment to spend with their loved ones. Of course, not everybody is like this, but it is beautiful to see.

Make a living out of being an actress, writing my own films to share with the world my visions, my perceptions, my stories as well as messages through inspiring, relatable characters. I would also like to be an influencer and help the world as best I can through mental health awareness. To make this world a place where the individual is not afraid to be authentic an where I work with other people who are not afraid to dare living life as fully as possible. In 10 years, I imagine myself still growing and evolving with my community, which we all do until our last breath.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:24 pm
Responder al tema

Alyssia Jovellanos (no esta + participando)
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. CX4nmTr
Languages: English

At the age of 24, Alyssia was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. A fearless cancer survivor and limitless software engineer, entrepreneur, and artist, Alyssia believes that given enough time and effort, anyone can become world-class at anything, and that anything is possible.

Alyssia graduated Summa Cum Laude from McMaster Engineering and has written code for apps used by billions of people at Google and for charities like United Way. She’s also had her art work displayed in Times Square, tech experiments sent to the International Space Station, and volunteers teaching computer science to underprivileged students globally through Google and Stanford.

In addition to her career accomplishments, Alyssia is the founder of “A Billion Dreams”, a non-profit organization that sends written names and dreams of orphans, kids undergoing cancer treatments, and others to space through SpaceX. These dreams will be engraved on an orbiting satellite and launched on the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.

With a wide range of interests, Alyssia challenges herself physically with weightlifting and training for her first marathon, while creating immersive reality experiences through fashion, art, and music. She also dedicates time to mentor and support young tech companies, particularly those founded by women and underrepresented entrepreneurs.

I love pushing boundaries as a cancer survivor, software engineer, entrepreneur, and artist. I believe that with enough time and effort, anyone can become world-class at anything, and that anything is possible. I’m currently working on a payload that is launching with SpaceX for my non-profit “A Billion Dreams”, which will carry names and dreams of kids all over the world on their Falcon 9 rocket. Outside of technology and art, I’m training for my first half marathon post-chemotherapy. I’m also an angel investor and startup advisor, who especially loves to help female and underrepresented founders. I really believe in investing in my community, so I also enjoy volunteering to teach computer science to underprivileged students globally through Google and Stanford. You’ll also find me weightlifting and singing!

Art & Digital Art
Singing, Guitar
Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality

Curling, lacrosse, running. I’m also a certified advanced SCUBA diver!

Aleli Evangelista was the first female Software Engineer I knew. She showed me that I had the potential to succeed in a field that I previously thought was out of reach. In 2016, I was able to thank her at the world’s largest gathering of women in computing, in front of 15,000 people in Houston, Texas while delivering a keynote speech. Everyone, including tech executives from around the world, applauded her. You only need one person to believe in you, and I am so fortunate for her influence in my career and in my life.

In 2021, I was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of ovarian cancer in the middle of the pandemic. At the peak of my career, I lost so much of myself both mentally and physically. I wasn’t allowed visitors due to the pandemic restrictions, but I stayed strong. There were so many things I still wanted to do and so much impact I still wanted to make on the world. I refused to believe that this was the end. Through daily chemotherapy and multiple major surgeries, I fought with everything I had. Today, I am proudly in remission and competing to be the next Miss Universe Canada!

Before getting diagnosed with cancer, I was accepted into the world’s most prestigious Silicon Valley startup accelerator called YCombinator (less than 1% acceptance rate) where 90+ Billion dollar companies like Airbnb, Stripe and Twitch were founded. I raised millions of dollars in venture capital for my company as its CEO.

I’m building a legacy to outlive me. From building companies and organizations aligned with my values, to investing capital dedicated to solving the world’s toughest problems, and being a role model for women everywhere. In the next 10 years, I want to be the first Filipina-Canadian, cancer survivor and Miss Universe to go to space. I want to keep working with organizations all over the world, alongside SpaceX and the International Space Station, to scale the impact of my non-profit “A Billion Dreams”. I want to uplift Canada on the world stage. I want to be on the Forbes Midas list. I want to conduct groundbreaking technical and biomedical experiments in-orbit that help humanity advance forward. I want to transform lives through technology and advocacy. I don’t believe in setting limits to what I can do – I believe that anything is possible.

As I continue to gain experiences, I value jobs that allow me to learn, travel, and make a compounding impact. Being the first Cancer Survivor who is Miss Universe Canada and Miss Universe would be a great job and allow me to do all of that!

I grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Canada, as a first-generation Canadian and a first-generation university student. During my childhood I learned the value of hard work, opportunity, and community. My parents immigrated to Canada from the Philippines, and I am proud to now be in a position where I can support them financially.

I worked in Silicon Valley, California for Google in Software Engineering. I got to work on Smart Compose, which is an AI feature that is used by billions of people today.

Before I got a full-ride scholarship in university, I’d work a lot of jobs to pay for school or get accommodations taken care of, like a Residence Advisor, a Soylent Ambassador to get meals, a Microsoft Student Partner to help with technology costs, and so on.

When I was 17, I applied for Canada’s “Future Dragon” grant through Dragon’s Den and as a prize, I received $5k from Kevin O Leary himself to start my own business, a small photography and graphic design company. Fun fact, I only entered this grant because I couldn’t land a job at my local McDonalds!

Computer Science Instructor for Stanford University, teaching Intro to Computer Science classes remotely to students around the world
Founder of “A Billion Dreams”, a non-profit organization that sends names and dreams of orphans, kids undergoing cancer treatments, and others to space through SpaceX
Spent hundreds of hours teaching thousands of students in low-income neighborhoods about computing via Software: Tool for Change in partnership with Google Ignite CS
Co-founded and directed DeltaHacks, Canada’s first and largest student-run hackathon for change (8 years running, thousands of students participating, creating hundreds of projects for their communities)
Pro bono consulting, speaking, and judging in engineering – I believe that donating time is invaluable

I have an advanced talent in mathematics and computing! In 2019, I led Team Canada at an international advanced mathematics and computing championship in Singapore, called the International Quant Championships. We beat out 18,000 other teams and 131 countries to secure 3rd place worldwide, and took home the title of “North American Quant Champions”.

NASA’s Mission Control in Houston. I got to go to the original Mission Control, where man was sent to the moon for the first time. It’s incredible to see just what’s possible with teamwork and innovation.

In the next 10 years, I want to be the first Filipina-Canadian, cancer survivor and Miss Universe to go to space. I want to keep working with organizations all over the world, alongside SpaceX and the International Space Station, to scale the impact of my non-profit “A Billion Dreams”. I want to uplift Canada on the world stage. I want to be on the Forbes Midas list. I want to conduct groundbreaking technical and biomedical experiments in-orbit that help humanity advance forward. I want to transform lives through technology and advocacy.

I am a fearless woman who is limitless and not afraid of disruption. I am open-minded and always seek opportunities from every crisis.

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 4:16 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:26 pm
Responder al tema

Amethyst Milligan
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. 368972080_amethyst-milligan-2023
Height: 5’2
Hometown: Milton, ON

Amethyst Rose Milligan, a delegate in the Miss Universe Canada pageant, radiates resilience, compassion, and an unwavering dedication to making a meaningful difference. Her diverse upbringing, has shaped her understanding of the world and cultivated a deep appreciation for adversity and inclusivity.

Growing up amidst constant relocations and seeking refuge in a women’s shelter, Amethyst’s journey has instilled in her a profound determination and resilience. These qualities make her an ideal representative for Canada, a nation that values equal opportunities for all and celebrates differences.

A transformative event four years ago ignited Amethyst’s commitment to advocacy. This experience, coupled with her compassion and empathy, drives her to connect with individuals from all walks of life and be a voice for the voiceless. Her mission includes raising awareness for mental health and advocating for youth affected by homelessness, as she strives to create a society that provides support and equal opportunities for everyone.

As a Miss Universe Canada delegate, Amethyst embraces her role as a catalyst for positive change. Her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices, fostering empathy, and promoting unity reflects her belief in a compassionate and inclusive world. Amethyst Rose Milligan stands as a symbol of hope and inspiration, representing Canada’s strength, resilience, and commitment to creating a better future for all.

My interests revolve around all things art. Whether it’s music, graphic design, fashion design, or dance, I find immense joy and inspiration in the creative world. Art, in its diverse forms, has always been a positive tool for my mental well-being. Even though I may not possess every talent in these art forms individually, I appreciate them all for their ability to uplift and transform. Music, for instance, has the power to elevate my mood, even though I may not be the best singer. Similarly, graphic design allows me to express my creativity visually, while fashion design lets me explore unique styles. Even though I may not be the most skilled dancer, the act of dancing never fails to make me laugh and smile. I believe that all art forms have a profound impact on mental health, providing an outlet for self-expression, fostering creativity, and bringing people together in a beautiful and uplifting way.

Overall, I have a strong inclination for trying new things, even if I may not initially excel at them. I believe in personal growth through exploration and continuously challenging myself.

I have had the privilege of pursuing diverse areas of interest and gaining special training along the way. Firstly, I completed a program in Graphic Design at Mohawk College, which has equipped me with a solid foundation in visual communication and creative problem-solving. This training has allowed me to develop my skills in digital design, branding, and typography.

In addition to my passion for design, I have also pursued my love for fashion by attending the Toronto Fashion Academy. This experience has deepened my understanding of the fashion industry and provided me with valuable insights into the art of styling and creating unique looks.

When I was younger, I had the opportunity to participate in basketball and hockey, which allowed me to develop teamwork skills, discipline, and a competitive spirit. Additionally, I have recently ventured into the world of modeling, and my first runway show was at the International Fashion Encounter in September 2022. It was an exhilarating experience that sparked my passion for the fashion industry. While modeling may not be considered a traditional sport, it requires dedication, physical fitness, and gracefulness. I am excited to explore this new avenue alongside my previous sports experiences, as they have all contributed to my personal growth and shaped me into a well-rounded individual.

One person who has had a profound influence on my life is my little sister. She is an embodiment of strength, wisdom, and unconditional love. From an early age, she instilled in me the values of resilience and compassion. Her unwavering support and belief in my potential have been instrumental in shaping my character and guiding me through life’s challenges.

One of my proudest personal accomplishments is overcoming a major health challenge. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with a tumor that required surgery and an extensive recovery process. This experience tested my physical and emotional strength. During my recovery, I faced various obstacles and had limited mobility. This, combined with the emotional toll of the situation, led me to adopt unhealthy eating habits which resulted in weight gain. At my heaviest, I reached 240 lbs. Despite the obstacles, I remained determined and with a positive mindset, I overcame the challenge. This journey taught me the power of perseverance and inspired me to advocate for self-care and body positivity. I want to be a source of inspiration for others facing similar hardships, showing them that it is possible to overcome adversity and achieve personal goals.

The most interesting thing about me is my inherent love for listening to others and offering assistance in various areas. I find great joy and fulfillment in being there for people, lending an empathetic ear, and providing support. It’s fascinating to me how genuine connections can be formed through active listening and the willingness to help. This quality has allowed me to gain valuable insights into different perspectives, cultures, and experiences, enriching my own understanding of the world. It has also led me to engage in meaningful interactions and contribute positively to the lives of those around me. I believe that this unique ability to connect and assist others is a defining aspect of who I am, shaping my character and driving my passion to make a difference in the lives of others.

The most interesting and unique thing that has happened to me is the transformation I’ve experienced through my journey in Miss Universe Canada. Typically, I find it challenging to talk about myself or share my past experiences. However, participating in this pageant has been a remarkable personal growth opportunity. It has pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me overcome my hesitation in opening up. Throughout the process, I have discovered a newfound excitement to share my story and see how far I can come by the time August arrives. While I have always been passionate about listening to others and providing assistance in various areas, this journey has taught me the importance of embracing self-expression and showcasing my own unique qualities. I am grateful for the opportunity to explore this aspect of myself and continue to learn and grow as I embark on this incredible journey.

With a career ambition centered around youth welfare and mental health, I am determined to create a lasting positive impact on the lives of others. My ultimate goal is to establish a youth shelter that serves as a safe haven for those facing challenging circumstances, providing comprehensive support through counseling, education, job training, and recreational activities. Additionally, I am deeply passionate about utilizing art as a healing mechanism for individuals struggling with mental health issues, organizing programs that foster creativity, community, and self-expression. As Miss Universe Canada, I will leverage my skills in graphic design and digital marketing to raise awareness, eradicate stigma, and ensure access to the necessary support and resources. My ambition extends beyond Canada, as I strive to make a meaningful difference globally, leaving a legacy of compassion and support for future generations. With the Miss Universe Canada crown, I am confident in my ability to effect significant change and be a fervent advocate for positive transformation.

My dream job would be to serve as a social entrepreneur, establishing and managing a youth shelter that provides comprehensive support services for those facing homelessness and difficult circumstances. This role would allow me to combine my passion for helping others with my skills in design and marketing, creating a sustainable and impactful solution for young individuals in need.

I grew up in a challenging environment that significantly influenced my upbringing and shaped my character. Despite my father’s absence until I was seven and his ongoing battle with alcoholism, my resilient mother raised my sister and me as a single parent. My mother’s unwavering strength and determination became the cornerstone of our family. She herself had overcome tremendous hardships, including personal trauma and difficult circumstances. We faced constant movement, seeking refuge in a women’s shelter at one point, while my mother’s battle with PTSD remained a constant struggle. I supported her through her darkest moments, even intervening to prevent her from taking her own life. Despite these challenges, our family’s love and bond remained strong. Her ability to rise above these challenges inspired me greatly. She taught me invaluable life lessons and instilled in me a sense of independence and self-reliance. By the time I turned 17, I was already managing my own apartment and expenses, learning the value of hard work and perseverance. My mother and sister became my icons of resilience and perseverance. Their examples showed me the strength to overcome adversity and the importance of never giving up. My experiences shaped me into a compassionate and resilient individual, determined to positively impact others’ lives. I’ve learned that our past doesn’t define us but rather shapes us into the people we become.

I have had a strong work ethic from a young age, starting my journey at 16 with my first renovation job where I painted apartment buildings. Along the way, I have also gained experience working at various restaurants, which has taught me valuable customer service skills and the importance of teamwork. However, the most exciting and unique job opportunity I landed was when I had the privilege to book Cityline TV. Being part of a television show allowed me to showcase my personality, interact with diverse audiences, and learn from industry professionals. It was an extraordinary experience that enriched my communication skills and ignited my passion for engaging with people on a larger platform.

I have had the privilege of volunteering with several organizations, dedicating my time and energy to make a positive impact in my community. One of the organizations I have volunteered with is the Notre Dame Youth Shelter, where I provided support and assistance to homeless youth, offering a helping hand and a listening ear during their difficult times. Additionally, I have also volunteered with Living Rock Youth Resources, where I actively participated in outreach programs aimed at empowering and mentoring at-risk youth, guiding them towards a brighter future. Another organization close to my heart is CityKidz, where I volunteered my time to organize and participate in various activities and events, bringing joy and inspiration to underprivileged children. Lastly, I have volunteered with Today’s Family Early Learning and Child Care, where I assisted in creating a nurturing and educational environment for young children. These volunteer experiences have not only allowed me to give back to my community but also taught me the importance of compassion, resilience, and making a positive difference in the lives of others. I am grateful for these opportunities and look forward to continuing my journey of serving and uplifting those in need.

My most unusual talent lies in my innate ability to connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds and walks of life. I have a genuine curiosity and openness that allows me to establish meaningful connections with people, regardless of their age, culture, or experiences. I find joy in discovering common ground, celebrating our differences, and embracing the beauty of human diversity. This talent has not only enriched my own life but also enables me to create bridges of understanding and foster a sense of unity among those I encounter. It is a gift I cherish and one that I believe can help me positively impact the lives of others as Miss Universe Canada.

The most interesting place I have been to is actually quite recent and holds a special significance in my life. Up until recently, I had never traveled outside of Ontario, making this journey to the Miss Universe Canada pageant even more exciting for me. In May 2023, I had my first-ever international trip to attend a Lamborghini event in Connecticut, USA, thanks to the Toronto Fashion Academy. It was an exhilarating experience to step foot outside of Canada and be part of such a prestigious event. However, I believe the upcoming Miss Universe Canada pageant will hold an even deeper meaning for me, as it will be my first time on an airplane and the catalyst for my exploration of new horizons. The anticipation of this adventure and the opportunity to represent Canada on an international stage fills me with both excitement and gratitude, making it the most interesting and transformative experience in my life so far.

In the next decade, my vision encompasses an unwavering commitment to being a social entrepreneur and a passionate advocate for mental health and the well-being of young people. My goal is to make a significant impact by establishing multiple youth shelters, providing safe and nurturing spaces where individuals can flourish and find support. Moreover, I aim to create a transformative platform that integrates art-based healing programs, empowering those facing mental health challenges to embark on a journey of self-discovery and healing. By merging my entrepreneurial spirit with my dedication to mental health advocacy, I am determined to shape a brighter future for young individuals, promoting their growth, resilience, and overall well-being.

I would like to emphasize that the Miss Universe Canada pageant is an incredible opportunity for me to utilize my platform and make a significant impact on pressing societal issues. I am fully committed to representing Canada with grace, authenticity, and a deep dedication to fostering inclusivity, celebrating diversity, and driving positive change both nationally and internationally.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:29 pm
Responder al tema

Anmol Dosanjh
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. U47OWDU
Hometown: White Rock, BC
Languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi

Anmol Dosanjh is a proud Canadian, born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. Anmol is a 23-year-old Sikh Canadian and a recent graduate from the Doctor of Pharmacy program at the University of British Columbia – and is a member of the BC Pharmacists Association (BCPhA). Anmol has a strong love for humanity, she is passionate about mental health advocacy and being of service to others. Anmol aspires to take her education in pharmaceutical sciences forward and create an inclusive and sustainable skincare company incorporating plant-based micro ingredients while promoting self-care and health among others.

Along with school, Anmol manages her time spent towards her creative skills, acting and modelling. Her recent memorable achievement has been completing her Foundation in Acting program at Actor Prepares from Mumbai. Her style incorporates elegance and timeless fashion that showcases her inner personality. You may find her at many extremes such as climbing mountains, paddleboarding her way into sunsets, or tossing her heels on and switching to a moment on the runway.

From volunteering in senior homes, to recruiting healthy blood donors for Canadian hospital blood banks, Anmol is versatile when it comes to achieving any goal regardless of the challenges she faces. Her compassion towards children inspires her to become an author of children’s education books while working with charitable organizations to provide resources and remove barriers to education for children.

She is a supporter of self-expression and wants to create an inclusive space for talking about issues that are overlooked such as mental health advocacy. Her goal is to encourage others to avoid internalizing their feelings, overcome the fear of judgement and support resilience through social-emotional learning programs. She takes her parents advice to heart when they say, “Anmol, go conquer your world and never stop seeking knowledge”, which fuels her passion to bring a change in the world. She strongly believes that as humans, we are powerful beings who can create meaningful changes and leave a better place for the next generation. She believes that outside beauty may fade, but internal beauty is everlasting so let that be your anchor.

Passionate about spreading positivity for mental health and gaining self-awareness through movement, starting my mornings with yoga, pilates and meditation! I love volunteering within my communities and giving back, learning new languages, exploring new cultures, travelling, hiking and boxing

Foundation in Acting program at ActorPrepares, traditional Bollywood/modern dance, runway modelling and piano

I’m very keen into learning new sports, I played field hockey competitively at National levels and have kept an interest in many other sports such as swimming, badminton, tennis, basketball, boxing, and track & field

Diljit Dosanjh – besides my parents, I have always looked up to him since I was a child, seeing his persistence in building a presence in the entertainment industry has been inspiring. Despite his success, he remains one of the most down-to-earth public figures.

Being a healing light for my patients and showing up to support them at every stage of their life, throughout my doctorate.

I have a journal that I have been writing in since I was 8 years old about my dreams and envisioning my future and when I look back at it now, I’ve seen many of those things coming true!

Becoming a children’s book author, writing books to support children undergoing medical treatments and being their emotional support system, while working with charitable organizations and donating proceeds to provide educational resources for children. Creating an inclusive and sustainable skincare company incorporating plant-based micro-ingredients. I will also create unity via mental health support programs to support women, men and children who are internalizing their thoughts to promote safe and healthy mental health practices across the world.

Leave the world in a better place, having an unlimited opportunity to empower others to live life with the best version of themselves. I hope to travel and meet new people, listen to their concerns and lead projects to bring change. One thing I love doing is making people smile!

I was born and raised in Greater Vancouver, surrounded by loving parents and family who constantly instilled good values in me and always taught me to respect my elders.

Performed COVID testing during the pandemic and crossing supervisor after school hours to help elementary students cross roads safely.

Blood donor ambassador at Canadian Blood Services
Community Youth Ambassador, Canadian Cancer Society (walks/runs, canvassing, team planning)
Marketing coordinator for Pharmacist’s Appreciation month
Student mentorship and tutoring program for PharmD students
Meal delivery for vulnerable seniors in independent-living conditions
& more!
I’m always looking to give back to the communities I engage with, because it brings me joy and a sense of completeness!

I can run, jump and exercise in heels if needed. Also I can make you believe you heard a horse (but that was just me!)

Punjab – my parent’s childhood home, where I connected with our roots and experienced our beautiful culture.

I dream to educate, grow and travel, making a positive impact working towards global issues. While understanding tomorrow is the unknown we can only predict, so I hope to live every day in the present moment with the intention of performing my best and taking one step at a time towards my dreams.

To every girl who is watching, I want to remind you that little Anmol was in your shoes and one day, just like you she never gave up on her dreams and believed in herself. Create your legacy, the universe is waiting.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:30 pm
Responder al tema

Anna-Christina Ghazal
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. NwUpACn
Hometown: Montréal, QC
Languages: English, French, Arabic and Spanish (conversational)

Anna-Christina Ghazal was born in the USA, spent her early years in Lebanon, and is now a proud Canadian living in Montreal. She grew up with three older sisters who played a big part in shaping her into who she is today as she learned a lot from them. At the age of 19, she is now a second year Law Student at the University of Ottawa, following her dream to become a human rights lawyer. Growing up in Canada gave her the opportunity to compare the Canadian political and social system to the one that her Lebanese friends were governed by. This fuelled her desire to become more knowledgeable in the field of justice. Where one would see rules and legislations, she would see a mean to be an advocate for those in need.

Being a very curious girl and always wanting to learn, Anna-Christina completed several online classes during the COVID-19 pandemic, such as a contract law class offered by Harvard X. Serving her community has always been a core value to her. She volunteered at the geriatric institute of the university of Montreal, spending time with elderly residents and helping them with daily activities. After participating in a climate strike, she was inspired to become part of the eco-committee of her school where she collaborated with other students to create an eco-friendly environment. This experience reinforced her sense of gratification when advocating for positive changes in her environment; a feeling that she looks forward to experiencing on a bigger scale as Miss Universe Canada 2023.

However, Anna-Christina understands that she needs to spend some time focusing on herself. During her free time, she enjoys listening to music and playing the piano, which she has been learning since the age of 6.

Competing for Miss Universe Canada 2023, Anna-Christina wishes to use her advocacy skills to raise awareness about contemporary issues and encourage young woman to always believe in themselves and in their capacities.

I have developed a great interest in music since learning how to play the piano at 6 years old. Listening to all music genres elevates my mood. Reading is also one of my biggest interests. My favorite book is called “Royal” and is written by Jean-philippe baril Guerard. It talks about the adventures of a law student at the University of Montreal.

I have experience in acting since I took theatre as a class in high school. I have also been learning how to play the piano since the age of 6 and have performed in several shows. In addition to this, I have received the Standard First Aid and CPR certification offered by the Red Cross.

I took Judo lessons for 7 years and won first-place in several school tournaments. I have also done figure skating for 5 years and performed in several local shows. I enjoy doing at-home workout challenges as well, whenever I have time because it is such a stress-reliever!

My best friend has had the most influence on my life. She was there for me during hard times and always believed in me.

Spending time to help others is my biggest accomplishment. I have always been a straight-A student in high school and knowing that I could do more with my time, I managed to volunteer for clubs in high school and in college. I was part of the eco-committee of my high school, and I realized that organizing events and preparing for them is on of my areas of interest. I also participated in a ProBono project during my first year of law school helping lawyers and their clients with different tasks.

The most interesting thing about me is that I am always 20 minutes early for everything as I despise keeping the people around me waiting. It allows me to be mentally prepared for my meetings and friendly outings.

I plan on completing my law degree in order to become a human rights lawyer. Comparing the Canadian and Lebanese political systems fuelled my desire to become more knowledgeable in the field of justice. With this goal in mind, studying law presented itself as the perfect first step in my journey.

My dream job would be one that allows me to help others. Being a lawyer is presented as the best opportunity to do that, and it has been my dream since the age of 12. I would like to counsel my clients about their legal rights and obligations and suggest particular courses of action in business and personal matters.

As an energetic child, I would always play outside with my neighbours. I would travel to Lebanon every summer to spend time with my family, which allowed me to explore the world in different perspectives.

I was a Camp counselor for youth with disability. I organized and animated recreational activities adapted to a group of youth with disability, aged 6 to 17 and encouraged group members to participate within the limits of their abilities. Working with under-represented populations was a very fulfilling experience and I grew a lot from it.

Serving my community is a core value to me. In the last few years, I volunteered at the geriatric institute of the university of Montreal, spending time with elderly residents and helping them with daily activities.

I was a camp counselor for autistic children and teenagers.

I was inspired to become part of the eco-committee of my school where I collaborated with other students to remove plastic bottles and straws from the cafeteria and add recycling bins throughout the school. This experience reinforced my sense of gratification when advocating for positive changes in my environment; a feeling that I look forward to experiencing on a bigger scale as a lawyer.

I participated in a ProBono project during my first year of college, helping lawyers and their clients with different tasks.

In essence, I’ve built strong relationships with various populations and learned to tailor my communication skills to any audience.

I can eat chips without making a sound!

Growing up, I travelled to many countries with my family, but Lebanon is my favorite. The people always allow me to have a great time!

In ten years, I hope to be a practicing human rights lawyer, grow a family of my own and travel with my loved ones.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:33 pm
Responder al tema

Arsh Thind
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. 9Zp1pDZ
Height: 5’8
Hometown: Abbotsford, BC

Arsh is a confident, young, and ambitious woman who chases every goal she sets for herself. She has always been such a positive person, her energy can brighten up any room. She is also an advocate for mental health and will not stand for bullying. Arsh grew up with her father having Schizophrenia, a serious mental disorder causing you to hear voices and see things that aren’t there. She also grew up being bullied. She had a lot of anxiety and stress because of all this, and she wasn’t very kind to herself either. She has now grown into such a beautiful, confident, and intelligent woman. She hopes through sharing her story she can encourage others to speak up and reduce the stigma around mental health and reduce bullying.

She was born in a small village in India called Jhakharwala. At the young age of 1 her parents decided to immigrate to Canada for a better life. Since then she was raised in a small and quiet town in British Columbia called Abbotsford. Growing up she always knew she wanted to dedicate her career to helping people and she wanted to pursue a career as a healthcare worker. As soon as she graduated high school she enrolled herself in the nursing unit clerk program and started working in the hospital at the age of 19. She loves devoting her career to helping people as she feels she is making a difference in people’s lives. She continues to want to upgrade her education and is currently pursuing a career in Nursing. Arsh also loves to travel, and after finishing her schooling she plans to see the rest of the world. She loves meeting new people and learning about all their different cultures.

I enjoy spending my time traveling the most. Just this year I’ve been to Paris, Belgium, Amsterdam, Milan, Venice, and Las Vegas. Milan and Las Vegas will always be my favourite cities to visit. I also really love the process of meeting new people and making new friends. I also have a passion for hair and makeup, and I will take any excuse to dress up for the night. I enjoy reading and working out. I greatly enjoy spending time with my boyfriend, friends, family, and my rottie puppy. I also love a good reality tv show.

I enjoy participating in any and all sports. As a child my parents enrolled me in swimming lessons, and I also played a lot of basketball during my childhood. As I grew older the more sports I decided to practice. I also really started to enjoy playing volleyball, and track and field.

One person who has had the most influence and a significant effect on my life is my cousin Rajveer. Rajveer has always been the sister I always wanted. She is everything I aspire to be, she has always been such a smart and kind person. She’s always there to support me and be a shoulder for me to cry on whenever I need it. Rajveer has been through so much and yet she always has a positive attitude and never gives up. I’ve never met someone as hardworking as her. She is a prime role model in showing me how to be an independent and smart young woman.

One of my proudest personal accomplishments will be my career. I started working in the hospital setting when I was 19 years old. I love working in the hospital, I enjoy spending my time helping people and being in a high paced environment. My favourite thing about the hospital is being surrounded by all these smart individuals who enjoy spending their time teaching. There is always so much to learn and you always see something new everyday!

One of the most interesting things about me will be my personality. I have always been such an outgoing person, I’ve always made connections with people easily. I love making people smile and laugh. I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends. I have always been told I can talk to a wall!

My career goal is to obtain my Nursing License, and to continue furthering my education. After working as a nurse for a couple years, gaining experience and knowledge I’d like to continue broadening my scope of practice and upgrading my education. I’d like to obtain my Masters Degree in Nursing and pursue a career as either a Nurse Practitioner or Midwife and open up my own clinic. With my passion for makeup and hair, I’d also love to take a botox and filler course as a fun addition for the clinic. I also love teaching and training girls as unit clerks at the hospital, so a career as a Nurse Educator is also something I’d be extremely interested in doing as well.

My dream job would be dedicating my career to helping people and being a Doctor. Critical care has also always been one of my favourite specialties I’ve worked, so I’d either specialize in Intensive care or Cardiac care.

I was raised in a nice and quiet small town called Abbotsford, British Columbia. I would say I definitely had an interesting childhood growing up. I don’t broadcast this but my Father is Schizophrenic. For those of you who don’t know what Schizophrenia is, it is a serious mental disorder that makes you hear voices and sometimes can even cause you to see things that aren’t there. My Dad was a stay at home dad due to his illness, he never was able to work a job my whole life. However my Mom did have to pick up more shifts due to her being the only parent employed. My Mom has always taught us to be hard working and independent just like she is. She has always taught us if you really want something you can achieve it by just putting in effort and working hard. My mom and cousin are 2 people I’ve looked up to my whole life. I’ve always been surrounded by hardworking and independent women, I was always grateful to have such great role models growing up.

Although I knew nothing about car’s an interesting job I had was being employed at a Car Dealership, I also spent some time at Pita Pit and Wendy’s.

Participated in Terry Fox Run
Participated in Run For Water
Hosted a Fundraiser for SOS Children’s Village

An unusual talent I have is that I never forget a face. I’m very good at remembering faces, even if I’ve only met you once and happen to see you a couple years later I will always remember meeting you. I was also very good at recognizing people with face masks during the pandemic.

The most interesting place I have been to is Milan, Italy. During my Europe trip Milan had been my favourite destination. Milan is known for its art, history, architecture, and extraordinary fashion. Italy is also known for their fine cuisine. Italy’s most famous dishes include pizza and pasta-everyone’s favourite meal. My favourite sights to see in Milan were the Duomo Cathedral and the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping arcade. We weren’t there for long but I definitely had the most memorable nights there.

In 10 years I hope to be an extremely successful 31 year old woman. I hope my career is at its peak, and I am a couple years into opening my own clinic. I hope to either be a Nurse Practitioner with a primary care clinic or a Midwife with a clinic providing prenatal and postpartum care. I’m also hoping I am one of the best injectors in British Columbia. A personal goal I’ve always had is to see the whole world by 30 and I also hope to achieve that goal within the next 10 years.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:35 pm
Responder al tema

Ashley Martel Lepine
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. 368972892_ashley_martel_lepine-2023-2
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB

Born in the city of Winnipeg, raised in southeastern Manitoba, Ashley is a 21 year old Metis-Cree woman who is deeply passionate about spreading awareness concerning the rights and freedoms of indigenous people.

Despite her hardships with anxiety and an autoimmune disease causing her to lose all her hair in 2018, Ashley has regained her confidence and is determined to encourage women that even if you feel out of place you can still chase after your dreams. Ashley has goals and aspirations about making a difference in her community especially amongst young girls.

She takes pride in her heritage and has many hobbies, above all she takes part in traditions like drum circles, beading, and dance ceremonies to reconnect.

Throughout her journey, Ashley hopes to not only make history, but continue to learn more about herself and make her dreams come true.

I love to fill my spare time with things that feed my soul and make me happiest. Spending time with my aunt Joanne, and sleepovers at grandmas house, or long walks and Starbucks trips with my puppy. Alongside all my other hobbies like journaling, meditation, and listening to mindset podcasts, overall my favourite is travelling and experiencing diverse communities and cultures!

For the past 6 months I have been training with Gfit Wellness based in Winnipeg. I really enjoy the constant self development thanks to my amazing fitness coach Chantelle Harvey.

Swimming, peewee football, baseball, ballet, soccer, varsity basketball, the list goes on! My mom signed me up for every sport possible growing up. Which explains my love for staying active now that I’m an adult. I enjoy Zumba, hot yoga, and going to the gym every day.

One of the most impactful women to me is Angel Bhathal. She competed and placed a top quarter finalist back in 2013 and has over 20 years of pageant experience as a competitor, judge, and coach. Angel is from Winnipeg like myself and understands the struggles I face, she has mentored and inspired me throughout my journey to persevere and have fun while doing it!

In the beginning of 2018 I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Because it was a severe case, it caused me to lose all my hair, drop to 90 pounds, and almost end my life.

My biggest accomplishment is overcoming the insecurities that experience gave me. I learned to embrace my new look and let my personality be the beauty instead of my appearance.

One of the most unique things about me is I taught myself how to salsa dance!

My career ambition is to have a successful start to my Indigenous women’s support group, (Thunderbird Woman’s Group) in the upcoming year. I grew up in a school environment where there were little to no resources for aboriginal women nor was there anyone like myself to confide in when facing educational inequality and discrimination among other classmates. I hope to create safe spaces in Winnipeg schools, and eventually Canada wide, for indigenous women to speak freely, learn about cultural teachings, forging a future without violence, and introducing possibilities of further education.

What I’m doing to accomplish this goal is to have a thorough plan, and continue to work within my community to build a strong set of skills to use when leading my program.

My dream job would help me make a positive impact on indigenous communities and young women, it would look like helping to support and provide resources for core issues and generational trauma. It would allow me to travel and connect with people around the world.

I come from humble beginnings. I am an only child, raised in a small town called Marchand by a single mother who worked multiple jobs to make sure I had everything my heart longed for. Because my mom was always at work, I was very independent at a young age and had a lot of my own responsibility. My mother taught me the importance of hard work and gratitude for all the things we were blessed to have.

One of my favourite jobs I’ve had is car sales. This position taught me a lot especially strong communication skills.

I work with Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, they focus on providing support programs and resources to help strengthen indigenous children, families, and community. I also worked for Siloam Mission which is a Christian humanitarian organization to help individuals in need.

I can learn a song on the piano by simply just listening to the notes and repeating them!

The most interesting and beautiful place I’ve been to is Saona Island located in the Dominican Republic. The beach “Canto de la Playa” is a favourite beach of Hollywood to film scenes including the Pirates Of The Caribbean!

In 10 years I hope to have a great start to my career, be in a position to mentor others and create a nonprofit organization to help make a positive impact in my community. I wish to have seen the world, perhaps while working, and create lifelong friendships along the way.

This experience has taught me so much about myself, and the importance of courage and confidence within. You can’t plant the seed and eat the fruit in the same day, and once I started to see it from a different perspective, I realized how far I’ve really come throughout my journey. The seed I planted in pageantry has flourished and continues to grow every day. My determination and resilience will continue to power through every obstacle, and help to achieve my dreams.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:41 pm
Responder al tema

Aslihan Morali
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. 368973747_aslihan-morali-2023-2
Hometown: Ancaster, ON
Languages: English, Turkish
Occupation: Executive Administration at McMaster Children’s Hospital

Aslihan Morali was born in Edremit, Turkey; raised in a small town of 5000 near the Aegean Sea; until the age of 6, when Aslihan and her family embarked on a journey towards a brighter future in Canada; with about $500 and two luggage’s each. As immigrants, her family relied significantly on food banks throughout her community to feed her family. Having endured poverty as a child; as an adult, she is driven to support other families with difficulties and tribulations of similar challenges. Today, she is eternally grateful for the difficult beginnings; as those experiences were crucial in creating of the foundation of the compassionate, resilient woman she is today. Upon graduating college with honours, she secured her role within the hospital; the past 5 years, Aslihan has maintained a permanent executive administrative role at a Children’s Hospital, where she was an integral part of creating processes for the hospital clinic operations during COVID-19. In her spare time, Aslihan loves spending time with her adorable cat, Cookie, family and friends, loves to travel and experience different cultures, Pilates are her workout of choice, cooking, dancing, painting, photography, content creation, listening to audiobooks, meditation and seeking out different experiences in life bring her the most fulfillment and joy.

Deeply conscious of her privilege, Aslihan is an active volunteer of Global Medic; a Canadian organization that provides humanitarian assistance in the aftermath of natural disaster and armed conflicts. Whether in her personal or professional life, she has always strived to be a beacon of kindness and empathy, and to help as many people she can within her capacity. Aslihan is an entrepreneur and small business owner; in 2021 she created her own candle brand; Mias Modern. Aslihan’s mission is rooted in being an example of compassion, using her platform to inspire and uplift. Providing one-of-a kind custom candles, while simultaneously educating the importance of natural ingredients in our everyday candles to keep ourselves, families, and pets safe from toxic chemicals, the importance of compassion, and educating on the broad spectrum that is, mental health. Through the profits of her candle company, Aslihan has contributed to causes she is passionate about, including global education for children, mental health, women empowerment; and more. As someone who has endured experiences that so many others share, whether that is loss, mental health, poverty, among others; she aims to be a vessel that communicates the universally shared human experience and to empower and uplift those facing similar situations.

Aslihan’s greatest dreams would be to become Miss Universe Canada 2023, and to serve as the minister of mental health for her Canada in the future; to create and lead the necessary conversations around the type of education and resources needed to combat these incredibly important issues that affect many Canadians today.

A philanthropist Aslihan hopes to emulate, is Princess Diana. Aslihan’s initial introduction to humanitarian work was through learning about Princess Diana’s work and the differences she made, and the impact she had on the world. She aspires continue to lead with understanding and compassion, to connect and to tread in the paths of historic philanthropists. A saying she abides by is “wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.

My interests encompass a vast range of activities. What I enjoy the most is investing in myself and becoming immersed in my life. Meeting new individuals, volunteering, TRAVEL. I appreciate travelling and gaining priceless experiences through travel. I am by definition a creative person. Whether it be creating videos, daily vlogs, aesthetic editing, makeup tutorials, short films, or photography, painting, I enjoy the process of having an idea and then bringing it to life, regardless of the nature of the idea. Having said that, I do have a tremendously large responsibility as a cat mama. I adore spending time with Cookie, my cat. I cherish spending time with my loved ones and creating memories with them. My effort is to always make moments memorable. I really value listening to audio books and learning about topics that interest me. Whether it’s psychology, short essays, or fan fiction, I like to broaden my horizons by hearing new ideas and perspectives. One of my favourite books ever is “100 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think”, the title is self-explanatory; and was life-changing for me, it began my journey to start incorporating reading more into my life. I enjoy exercising via cycling, meditation, and Pilates. One of my favourite hobbies (candle making) eventually led to the creation of my own candle brand, Mias Modern. I am a certified cosmetics artist with expertise. I work with brands on TikTok, as a content creator; some brands include brands from Sephora such as Grande Lashes, Dr. Murad, and more. I consider myself a great listener. I also consider myself to be an excellent communicator who is also compassionate, analytical, and eloquent; I am also fluent in Turkish. Other interests include self-management, networking, critical thinking, marketing, leadership, the ability to progress beyond failure and learn from it, creativity, problem solving, computer literacy, video production, self-motivation, self-discipline, and positivism, among others.

As far as special training I have had, growing up I participated in dance training, hip-hop specifically. At the age of 11, I had watched the moving “Step Up” with Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum and a week after my mother had signed me up for hip-hop dance class because I absolutely begged her non-stop and she had never seen me so excited for something. I would love to get back into dancing, it truly brought me so much joy.

In addition to dancing; I also played basketball for several years, throughout my elementary years into high school. Sports taught me the value of discipline and the importance of teamwork – some of my best memories of growing up are the weekends, barely able to keep an eye open the first half hour of the morning, carpooling with my friends, blasting Hannah Montana (our poor mothers & fathers who had to drive us around), then getting the adrenaline before you step on the court. Playing basketball with my friends from school; gave me a sense of community when I joined my first basketball team.

Aside from my mother, one person has had the most influence on me; the answer would have to be Princess Diane Spencer, the people’s princess. I first saw her face when I came upon a coffee table décor book of Princess Diana’s autobiography, and I recall becoming completely captivated by her story. My initial introduction to humanitarian work was through Princess Diana’s work and the differences she made and the impact she had on the world. The more I had researched her, the more I was touched by who she was and what she stood for. When I think about her, the first term that springs to mind is “COMPASSIONATE.” She taught the world the value of compassion and empathy for one another by her example, simply by being herself. Princess Diana advocated for issues she believed in, including children, AIDS-related causes, and landmine victims. She was right there, standing up, educating, and advocating for these causes, from leprosy to domestic and mental health. In my life, I hope to do the same type of work. I want to be myself, like Princess Diana was; I want to lead with understanding and compassion, to connect and to tread in Princess Diana’s footsteps.

For me, determining my best personal achievement is a multi-faceted question. The first thing that comes to me is resiliency, as well as the woman I’ve been, the woman I am, and the woman I will become. I can trace my roots back to my first day of grade one in a foreign country, the bravery I had when I was learning a new language and immersing myself in Canadian culture. My parents divorced when I was in middle school, and I am proud of the strength I displayed when I stepped in to protect my mother. Following those years, I worked two jobs from 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., went home, showered, and worked again from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. to successfully save enough money to purchase my own car, driving license (which I obtained by renting a driving instructor on my own because my family and I did not have a car), and post-secondary education. For always being the type of person in whom my friends and family feel comfortable confiding and chatting. For falling often, making mistakes, but learning from them and evolving as a human being with each experience. Graduating from college with honours and receiving an offer of employment on my third day on the co-op of my school placement, working my way to the top and securing a permanent executive administrative position after being an integral part of creating systems and processes for the hospital clinic operations during COVID-19. During that time, I founded Mias Modern, a candle company with the purpose of offering gifts for coworkers, friends, and families while being anchored in kindness. The purpose then began to expand, and what began as a hobby became a passion endeavour. I became an entrepreneur through my company and earned so much confidence as a woman. I realized how capable and creative I was, how passionate I could be, and how much I had to offer the world. I learnt how to develop my own website, advertise myself, create content for myself, utilize a professional camera, and was able to contribute in the company’s growth. Because I recognized the power and importance of giving back as a result of this, I made charitable work my initiative with the chance that came with the creation of MIAS Modern. MIAS Modern forced me to confront my capabilities. Another milestone of mine is placing in the top 30 for Miss Turkey 2022, which was my first experience with pageants. I felt pleased of myself for taking a gamble on myself, for demonstrating courage, and for pursuing a long-held desire of mine. It didn’t work out, but I consider it a blessing since I believe I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I can’t talk about how incredible it is to be in the running for Miss Universe Canada without stating how proud I am of myself for the effort I’ve put in and will continue to put in. My greatest achievement will always be the effort, compassion, and passion I put into my life in order to make the most of it all; to learn from this complex, yet beautiful universal human experience.

The definition of what is considered “interesting” varies from person to person. That said, if you have a passion for cars, my experience driving multiple luxury cars such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, and possibly a GTR as a birthday gift may interest you! It was an undoubtedly exhilarating experience that left me feeling exhilarated. I had the opportunity to attend a Master Makeup Class by none other than Makeup by Mario, a renowned celebrity makeup artist. It was truly an unforgettable experience that has inspired me to keep developing my passion for the craft of makeup. Embracing life’s adventures and exploring diverse experiences is truly invigorating. Soaring above the crystal-clear waters of Punta Cana, feeling the wind rush past you as you glide through the sky has also been one of my favourite adventures. I welcome every chance to develop and transform myself. I have also taught myself the art of candle-making, web development, social media analytics, content creation, and professional photography. It’s been a challenging and rewarding experience, and I am proud to have honed these skills to create a successful business. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of building a business from scratch and watching it flourish into a thriving success. I’ve crafted candles that embody the essence of my life’s journey. From candles that inspire and uplift, to those that define and empower, my most cherished creation is my “Women Empowerment” line. Through this line, I celebrate the beauty and diversity of women from different ethnicities. The best part is that the profits from this line have enabled me to collaborate with a Turkish charity and sponsor the education of three girls for an entire year. Although, if you were to ask my mom, it would be the fact that I was walking at 10 months old. So much so, that as a 3-year-old; I had accidentally ran away from home, back when we were living in Turkey at the time. My mom was cleaning, and my neighbour who was supposed to be watching me didn’t pay attention; and I was gone like the wind, until another neighbour found me on the route to the grocery store my mother and I would always take; put me in his bike basket, and brought me home. With that being said, I’m sure I’m forgetting something!

At this point in my life, my career aim would have to be to become Miss Universe Canada, then to advance inside that incredible responsibility and win the Miss Universe crown. I am actively pursuing my objective as a national delegate with the Miss Universe Canada program. I’m investing in myself by working with a pageant coach, seeking constructive criticism so that I may be better than the day before, and going to the gym; all for the sake of my body, mind, and spirit. Reading, continuing to learn about psychology, learn about the human experience, understanding myself, working every day to be the most patient, thankful, compassionate, and evolved version of myself. By maintaining the discipline of always performing the work; actively volunteering with Global Medic and giving back to my community. Becoming one with the roles and expectations that one must have in their goal. Another thing that is true is that I will be successful regardless of what I do because I work hard; I have integrity; I have discipline; I know the value of an incredible opportunity, and I believe in my ability to use the prestige title of Miss Universe Canada; and to seek out opportunities in the pursuit of moving forward change, being in the room, and providing a voice to the experiences of so many Canadians that I have also personally had. This is something I’ve demonstrated in my job at the children’s hospital. I’ve demonstrated my capacity to climb the cooperation ladder, and I’ve put in the time to do so (5 years), which demonstrates my loyalty. But the possibility to be Miss Universe Canada 2023 national representative ignites my soul, and motivates me every morning when I wake up.

Imagine waking up every day knowing that your work is making a positive impact on the world. That’s what I envision for my dream job, which lies within the realm of humanitarianism. My soul is set ablaze with passion when I think about the incredible opportunity of becoming Miss Universe. It’s not just about the title, but the endless possibilities and unimaginable experiences that come with it. To be the voice of change, the beacon of hope, and the driving force behind a movement that empowers women and serves the greater good. That’s my dream job – to lead with passion, purpose, and unwavering dedication to making a positive impact on the world. By shedding light on important topics like mental health, social media, and self-love, I would have the power to provide valuable perspective and help others navigate these complex issues. My hope would be to be a beacon of hope for those in need, a true global ambassador for charitable organizations like Smile Train, UNICEF, Canadian Red Cross, and beyond. If I had it my “dream” way, I wouldn’t stop there, I’d use my experience to create a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and providing resources for those struggling with mental health. Through my personal journey, I have come to understand the challenges that come with being an immigrant and the essential resources needed to establish a strong foundation for a fulfilling life. My goal would be to create safe spaces and provide valuable resources for those who need support in navigating these difficult issues. The beauty of the human experience is truly remarkable and I want to cherish every moment and make the most of our time here on earth. Life is a precious gift and we have the power to leave a positive impact on the world. On top of it all, to be an entrepreneur; where I can create jobs, inspire change; inspire motivation for others. I want to leave value in this world, I want to inspire, and be a part of evolution; be a part of the good. My dream job would be to be in a position where I can empower women, serve others, and communicate the universality of the human experience. To be a transformational leader in both my community and my country.

My first six years of life were spent in Akcay, Turkey, a town of roughly 5000 residents by the Aegean Sea. I grew up with my mother and cousins; there was no daycare at the time. I spent a lot of time with my family by the ocean, being a kid; getting into things I shouldn’t have been, but I was a free-spirited young girl who was definitely a bit of an extrovert; I would put on belly dancing shows for my family to entertain them while they had people over! Those years were beautiful and formative for me, as I look back on them. Things became a little more difficult for me at the time, when my family decided to relocate us from Turkey to Canada. A decision for which I will be eternally grateful for. We travelled to Canada with two luggage each and around $500 in our pockets. During that period, we relied significantly on food banks throughout my community to feed our family. I recall being perplexed and struggling to acclimatize to culture shock for the first few years. My family and I arrived in July 2001, and 9/11 happened just a few months later; as a Muslim, I faced a lot of discrimination during those years. Despite these obstacles, I remained a lively bundle of energy. Aslihan, 7, really enjoyed editing music videos on her desktop computer while her mother vacuumed in the background! My family and I fought for years to establish roots in a particular city; by the sixth grade, I had moved four times. Finding my position in the world took some time, but I am grateful for the childhood I had. As an adult, I realize that all of the difficulties and tribulations, as well as the times when I identified as tough, actually shaped who I am and the sort of authentic, caring, fearless, kind, resilient, woman of integrity that I am today.

I’ve worked a wide variety of jobs over the years. However, working at a dry cleaner has to be the most intriguing or unusual. My first job was keeping score at hockey tournaments, and then I moved on to Tim Hortons. The rest were probably very standard; there was a lot of retail and customer service, and the food business. It’s odd, though, to find someone who works at a dry cleaner and a tanning salon. In particular, the dry cleaners, because the building where I had worked also housed a Dry Cleaner the size of a small apartment, and it was enormous. That meant that at the age of 19, I was handling big machines without any guidance. I was employed from April through November, during which time the HEAT was constant. Even if it exceeded 35 degrees outside, the temperature inside would soar to 45-50 degrees, and I would spend the day steaming away, pressing pants and dress shirts while also working reception.

Since high school, volunteering has been a vital part of my life. I’ve volunteered for Halloween for Hunger and Ramadan Giving, which is a charity organization of Muslims in my town who prepare foods throughout the holy month of Ramadan for families living in poverty and low-income conditions to be able to break their fasts. Last but not least, Global Medic. On weekends, I volunteer with Global Medic, a Canadian charity organization that provides humanitarian assistance in the aftermath of natural catastrophes and armed war. With everything that is going on in the world right now, our modest actions have a big influence, especially when multiplied by communities.

My most unusual talent is being able to recite Dwight’s “Perfect Crime” monologue from The Office. I possess extraordinary toe strength, allowing me to lift up objects with my toes. I can sing almost every song off Hilary Duff’s first album “Metamorphosis” with zero hesitation. In addition, I can speak “bird” language in Turkish, which is similar to “pig-Latin” in that it has the same concept but distinct techniques.

It’s challenging to narrow down to just one destination as the most fascinating I’ve ever visited, but if I had to choose, it would be Lebanon. The visit I took to the “Tyre World Heritage Site” was quite educational. Tyre, a city in Lebanon, has a recorded history stretching back approximately 4,000 years, making it one of the oldest continuously inhabited towns in the world. I’ve been extremely fortunate to be able to do a lot of travelling over the course of my life. My travels have taken me to Montreal, Niagara Falls, Izmir, Istanbul, Bursa, Bodrum, Los Angeles, New York City, Florida, Miami, Mexico, Jamaica, Punta Cana, and Beirut. I hope to keep exploring the world and to continue adding to the growing list!

Over the next ten years, I intend to continue laying the groundwork for a meaningful, successful, and peaceful existence. By the age of 37, I would like to be in harmony with my health and purpose in my profession. To be aligned and content with where I am in life, to have achieved love and prosperity, and to be continually fostering the relationships around me. In ten years, I aspire to have made a significant contribution to my community and played an important role in assisting immigrants’ integration into Canadian society. To be a voice for women’s empowerment, to support the mental health epidemic, and to be a part of the solution. I want to keep growing into the woman I am and making myself and my nation proud as a Miss Universe Canada and Miss Universe alumnus. Last but not least, I hope to be writing my second or third book, as I am currently writing my first, about the universal human experience and communicating what I have learned during my life.

Thank you. Thank you for this opportunity.

One of my greatest aspirations is to become a transformational leader across generations. To know that I have made a difference in the lives of others by solely inspiring them, reassuring them that they are not alone in their experiences, and providing them with the tools they need to navigate similar situations. Whether in my personal or professional life, I have always strived to be a beacon of kindness and empathy, and to help as many people I can within my capacity. I believe I am making a difference in the world by continuing to show others that they are not alone in their struggles and by providing them with the resources they need to overcome them. To be a living example of a person who has endured the most gruelling of gruelling times, but has emerged from those experiences with the greatest possible success.

Being crowned Miss Universe Canada would entirely transform my life and allow me to realize my most profound and significant aspiration to date. The sheer honour of being a part of Canada’s heritage and history would profoundly alter my existence. Miss Universe Canada would indicate that I have inspired those around me, that they trust me to represent our country with the uttermost respect, and that I am deserving of continuing this legacy. Becoming Miss Universe Canada would represent the pinnacle of my life’s goals. To be physically present in the room. To partake in conversations as a voice. To be able to impart my personal knowledge. Using a megaphone to emphasize the most critical and vital issues in order to aid others as much as feasible. To serve as a transformative leader in my community and nation. That would imply that I would be recognized as the most qualified candidate for the position to which I wish to devote my entire life. Being Miss Universe Canada would be the culmination of my greatest aspiration. To be a transformative leader in both my community and country. It would imply that I would be considered the best candidate for the position to which I intend to dedicate my entire life. For me, bearing the title of Miss Universe Canada is everything, the entirety of existence. Coming face to face with your goal is at once thrilling, uplifting, inspiring, and terrifying. All of my past experiences have prepared me for this moment, and I accept this responsibility with great humility.

My wish is that I am able to communicate who I am as best as I can, and I hope I have done so today. I am filled with immense gratitude for this amazing opportunity to express my thoughts and ideas with all of you. Together, we can embark on a journey that will lead us to great heights. I am incredibly grateful for this once-in-a-lifetime chance, thank you, Miss Universe Canada, for this opportunity.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:43 pm
Responder al tema

Bianca Sophia Carelli
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. U2LR8xU
Languages: English, French

Born in Mississauga, Ontario, Bianca Sophia Carelli is making history as the most ethnically diverse woman to ever compete for the worldwide leader in sports entertainment. Of equal parts Italian, Pakistani, Finnish, and Métis descent, Bianca perfectly embodies the diversity of Canada.

From a young age, Bianca has honed her skills in the entertainment industry. She has taken part in live theater performances, numerous improvisation competitions, and 10+ years of competitive dance—winning multiple awards for her performances. As a host for a popular G.T.A. media outlet, Bianca was also featured in food and entertainment segments which were broadcasted weekly. As a female sports entertainer in a male dominated industry, Bianca calls upon her experience as she portrays her television character “Arianna Grace”. Much like the real-life Bianca, her character Arianna is a sophisticated, self-confident competitor whom always stands up for what she believes is right, advocates for kindness, and speaks up for those without a voice.

Living a healthy lifestyle is the key to success for Bianca, and she strives to encourage others to achieve the balance necessary to maintain their mental health and body positivity. As a graduate of Western University, Bianca holds a passion for biological sciences as well as the arts. When she is not working, Bianca enjoys volunteering, spending time outdoors, and frequents galleries or theater performances. Her dream in life is to help make the world a better place in any way she can, from something as small as a smile to something as large as her dream to open a non-profit art facility for youth to explore the arts.

I enjoy frequenting museums, art exhibits, reading science news, and engaging in healthy active living. I love spending time in nature, cooking, reading, and volunteering in my community.

Dance training: 10 years competitive dancer (ballet, acro, hiphop, jazz, musical theater, lyrical)
Musical training: piano (5 years) and saxophone (7 years)
Drama experience: Lead role in Boeing-Boeing, lead role in Grease, Provincial improvisation team gold medalist, Lead role in Western Purple Shorts, Host of “Walk Thru ‘n’ Try” for Insauga
Combat training: muay thai, jiu jitsu, judo, boxing and pro-wrestling

Sports I have participated in include: competitive swimming, field hockey, track and field, judo, jiu jitsu, boxing, muay thai

The person who had the most influence on my life was my late grandfather. He was the first South-Asian judge in Canada and always encouraged me to be a good, patient person and do the right thing. He was the most fair and kind-hearted person I ever met and he taught me so much in life.

My proudest personal accomplishment is completing my degree in Biology and starting my dream job in the same year.

The most interesting thing about me is my unique ethnic diversity. I am all equal parts: Pakistani, Italian, Finnish and Metis. My extended family is incredibly diverse with mixed members from all over the world which has allowed me to experience so many differing and beautiful cultures in my life.

My career ambition is that I would one day like to retire from my sports entertainment career and open an arts foundation for children where they can learn different skills and perform for free. In order to accomplish this goal, I am currently building my own brand and focusing on my career now so that I will have the means and connections to open this non-profit in the future, as my way to give back to the community.

I am very fortunate to have my dream job, a job which allows me to perform and entertain while being able to actively pursue my passions and create a positive difference in the world.

I was raised in Mississauga, Ontario, moved to Milton, Ontario and then to Toronto, Ontario. Moving around a lot as a child allowed me to quickly adapt to my environment and helped me to become the confident and sociable woman I am today. I was blessed with an amazing family and am very close to them, family is very important to me.

Some unusual jobs that I have had include: balloon artist for a party supply boutique, host of Walk Thru ‘n’ Try, Infomercial actress/ brand ambassador/content creator for Greeniche Natural Health, pro-wrestler/ sports entertainer for WWE.

My most recent volunteer work (2022-current) includes volunteering for:

Boys and Girls Club
Salvation Army
Give the Kids the World Village
Special Olympics
Make-a-wish Foundation

My most unusual talent is free style rapping, as well as balloon art.

The most interesting place I have been to was Japan.

In ten years, I hope to have a family, be retired from sports entertainment, run my non-profit arts facility, as well as other small businesses. I also hope to be taking on acting jobs and philanthropic work concurrently.

Something that I feel incredibly passionate about is the environment. I always advocate for people to recycle and make eco-friendly choices, and have even organized park clean-ups.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:45 pm
Responder al tema

Bobbie Williams
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. PirT4a1

Bobbie is an outgoing individual with a passion for adventure and making a positive impact in the world. Born in Jamaica, Bobbie moved to Canada at the age of 11 and has since achieved great success. After graduating from university with a degree in finance and data analytics, Bobbie landed an internship at the United Nations as a Junior Project Officer, where they work on initiatives aimed at improving global development. In addition to this, Bobbie also volunteers at a charity as a think tank member and web maintenance, which helps improve children’s learning in Jamaica.

Bobbie is also a dedicated language learner and has been studying Spanish for several years now. She believes in the importance of diversity and work at an influencer marketing agency rooted in promoting diverse perspectives.

Outside of work, Bobbie loves to go on thrilling seeking adventures and try new things. With their outgoing personality and passion for making a positive impact, Bobbie is truly making a difference in the world.

I enjoy activities such as tennis, snowboarding, and bike riding. I enjoy trying new experiences.

Dance

Tennis, Curling, Kickboxing & Snowboarding

Joseph Prince. He’s a great motivator and he speaks encouraging words.

Being a part of a charity project where I helped children in a third-world country get devices to help improve their education during covid.

I went skydiving close to Niagara Falls. I was curious and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity

In the future, I would love to build a tech facility for children and young adults where they can learn and improve their digital education. Whether it’s learning how to code, AI, fintech, medical tech, etc.

My dream job -I don’t believe there is a title yet- I would love to have a career where I can invest in people’s dreams and ideas, where I’m able to travel, meet different people, learn their cultures, and help bridge the gap wherever there’s a need. Additionally, creating tools and ideas that could aid in solving those needs

Half my childhood was in Jamaica and the other half was in Canada. My childhood was great, I was thought that the world was my oyster at very young age and to always aim high

I was a security guard at a casino when I was 19.

World Class Jamaica and I currently have an internship at the U.N as Junior Project Officer.

I’m great at picking up accents.

Cuba

In 10 years, I would hope to continue striving for the best. Hopefully, we will finish building the tech facility for children and young adults. I would love to travel and invest in communities and companies.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrdMar Jul 25, 2023 10:46 pm
Responder al tema

(no candidata)

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 6:25 pm, editado 2 veces

Contenido patrocinado

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. GejDcrd
Responder al tema

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto.
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 1 de 17.Ir a la página : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Siguiente