Reinas de Belleza ❀ ELITE BEAUTIES

Bienvenidos a ELITE BEAUTIES ❀ Foros con información acerca de Reinas de Belleza, Certámenes Masculinos, Competencias de Modelaje, ''Realities'' y más...

ÍndicePortalContactarnosÚltimas imágenesBuscarRegistrarseConectarse
Regístrese para formar parte de nuestra Comunidad. ¡Una vez registrado, podrá Ingresar para participar, publicar temas, subir fotos, intercambiar mensajes privados y más!
Usuarios más Activos del Mes de Abril 2024 - Conozcan a los Foristas que integran el Top 7 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28577-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-mes-de-abril-2024
Forista Popular del mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan al Ganador/a ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28497-resultado-final-votacion-del-forista-popular-del-mes-de-marzo
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Misses - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28249-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misses
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Místers - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28248-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misters
Usuarios más Activos del Año 2023 - Conozcan al Top 18 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28251-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-ano-2023

Comparte
Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Siguiente

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto.

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

Like : 9473
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Empty
MensajeTema: Re: candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 8:55 pm
Responder al tema

Jinkle Mehta
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Jinkle-Mehta-2023
Height: 5’6
Hometown: Brampton, ON
Languages: English

Jinkle Mehta is 23 years old and is very excited to be a part of this pageant. By being a part of the Miss Universe Canada pageant, she is able to use her platform to make a difference in the community – to help girls feel confident in their bodies, promote body positivity and emphasize on the fact that beauty shines from within.

She enjoys creating fashion content and experimenting with different trends. Social media is a facet for Jinkle to expand her creativity and connect with people around the world. Building an online community is a great way to build relationships with others who share similar interests as you.

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 6:11 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 8:56 pm
Responder al tema

Jolanta Bird (no esta + participando.)
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Jolanta-Bird-2023
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 6:12 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 8:57 pm
Responder al tema

Kayla Mckay
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Kayla-Mckay-2023-2
Height: 5’7
Hometown: Kamloops, BC

Kayla Mckay was born and raised in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. She is studying to obtain her Real Estate license while working as an International Model. At only 15 years old, Kayla signed with Next Models Vancouver and continues to work with many reputable agencies worldwide. She has lived and worked in Taiwan, China, Mexico, and the United States. Though she gave up traditional high school experiences, Kayla was determined and passionate about being independent and helping support her family back home. Kayla has been featured in Vogue, Vogue UK, and Elle Canada, as well as global campaigns, e-commerce, and international runways, including Vancouver Fashion Week, Taiwan Fashion Week, and Abu Dhabi Fashion Week.

Because she was exposed to other cultures at a young age, Kayla became aware of the inequalities in the world. So she got involved with philanthropy and advocacy, focusing on expanding educational opportunities for low-income children. In high school, she volunteered with her local church, fundraising and collecting school supplies for students in Tanzania, Africa. She is also the Chairperson of the Bodhi School in India, which serves impoverished children in a rural region. One of Kayla’s dreams is to adopt a child from a low-income country. She currently sponsors Raji, a 9-year-old girl in southern India, through Joy Orphanage. Lastly, Kayla volunteers at the Angel Food Project in Los Angeles, California—delivering meals to the homeless and the terminally ill.

When she isn’t working, Kayla enjoys traveling, fitness, and continuing her multicultural education by learning Hindi. She is a regular at Pilates and Yoga and also loves hiking and the outdoors. Always looking for the next adventure, Kayla has hiked 11 national parks around North America. As Miss Universe Canada, Kayla will build on her global experience and philanthropic work by dedicating her year to championing cultural awareness and helping expand educational opportunities for impoverished children.
What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?

Learning Hindi, Hiking, Yoga, and Pilates.

List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc.)

Top Model of the Year Award, Face’s West competition. Ballet and Irish dance.

In what sports, if any, have you participated?

Soccer Goalie and Swimming.

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

My Grandfather was born in Ireland and immigrated to Canada in 1975 with my Grandmother. They had two small children and although things were very difficult, he worked his way up to be Senior Vice President of a company.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?

Landing an International Model contract in Asia, which allowed me to take care of my family financially.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?

Being on the Board of Directors for the Bodhi School in India.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

Establish an Adoption Non-profit Organization. Joy Orphanage partnership.

What would be your “dream job” in life?

Start my own Real Estate brokerage.

Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.

I was raised in Kamloops B.C. as an only child. My parents divorced when I was 3, but I had very loving households.

List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had.

Learning how to make and sell German sausage at my maternal grandfather’s business.

What is your most unusual talent?

Star Trek trivia.

Where is the most interesting place you have been to?

Phuket Thailand and Jaipur India.

What do you hope to be doing in ten years?

Become a published author documenting life as a mother who chose international adoption as well as expand my Impoverished Children and Real Estate Initiatives on a global scale.

Is there anything you would like to add that we haven’t asked?

Featured in Vogue, Vogue UK, and Elle Canada. Walked several international runways.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 8:58 pm
Responder al tema

Kim Hoang Do
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Kim-Hoang-Do-2023
Hometown: Calgary, AB
Languages: English, Vietnamese
Occupation: Student at Mount Royal University (Bachelors of Communications and Bachelors of Education)

Kim Do was born, and raised in Calgary, Alberta. She is a first-generation Vietnamese Canadian studying at Mount Royal University; pursuing a dual degree in communications and education. She has also been nominated as an outstanding contender both academically and athletically; receiving awards for student-athlete of the year, as well as making the dean’s honour roll.

As someone who is very keen on volunteer work and providing aid and relief since a young age of three, Kim understood the importance of giving back to her community… and beyond. She took inspiration and experience of her own and spent numerous years to find ways to provide individuals the opportunity to access a proper education. Today, she is proud to be the founder of Operation: Love for Tomorrow…a non-profit organization that strives to put children (living in poverty) in schools while also providing aid to their families through a weekly food drive, a basic health care program, as well as building a safe and loving living spaces, in which these families will call home.

From volunteering in impoverished villages in Vietnam, to spreading awareness and action within her country’s borders, Kim strives to build bridges that will connect society to one another, calling for awareness and action so that every individual in the world may have their right to an education.

One of her biggest goals is to teach English at a university in Vietnam, while running after-school academic programs for students of all ages in rural and poor areas. She strongly believes in providing every individual in the world the access to a proper education. She believes: giving individuals a strong foundation through proper education, resources and tools, allows for each individual to set their own goals and reach their highest potential without borders.

I enjoy reading, travelling, performing (dancing and singing), working out, playing and coaching volleyball, spending time with my family, teaching the Vietnamese culture to the youth, and volunteering around the city (Calgary) as much as possible.

I was a competitive dancer for 5-6 years and later gained a bigger interest in volleyball and I have been playing competitively for over 10 years now and coaching for 3 years.

I am a jack of all trades and love to always be active wherever and whenever I can in whatever activity is available to me! I have been playing volleyball competitively for over 10 years now and coaching for 3 years. In high school, I was part of the basketball, badminton, volleyball, and track and field team. I was also nominated to be student-athlete of the year twice (between grade 10 and 12).

Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?

I would definitely say that my grandparents have had the biggest influence in my life. Despite only meeting my grandfathers, I learned of the discipline, hard-work, and perseverance that was needed in order for me to be here today. In the same way, I know that any goal I set or dream I have is obtainable as long as I follow those three disciplines. They have definitely taught me to always at least give everything a shot because you never know what lays behind each door you open.

What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?

One of my biggest accomplishments would definitely be launching my non-profit organization, Operation: Love for Tomorrow. I have been planning and working towards this goal over the past 4-5 years. After winning Miss Calgary 2022, I was able to build stronger connections to my community and my roots and finally be able to proudly say that I am the founder of this non-profit organization. Because it is still new and small, we are currently only focussing one a small secluded area near my parent’s home town. We currently provide a weekly food drive, provide an education to the children, provide proper house (rebuilding or new build) to the families, and recently introduced a very basic form of health care that is prioritized to those who need it the most.

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?

I am a very passionate volleyball player and in my senior year of high school I thought I would never be able to play again. The day before my try-outs, I ruptured my achilles tendon. I cried the entire night not from the pain but from the fact that I would not be able to try-out the next day. However, to this day, I strongly believe that my injury was a way of telling my body that I needed to step back and give my body a break. I am now a coach at the Canada West Volleyball Club in Calgary and I am able to share my experience and skills with younger girls, while ensuring that every athlete understands the importance of giving our bodies rest and recovery and doing it the correct way.

What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?

My number one goal is to find a way to make education available to everyone in the world. I am currently studying communications and education. I have devised a four step plan that I will be implementing after obtaining my two degrees: 1. Research 2. Plan 3. Take action 4. Repeat. Through travelling and allowing myself to see the world through different perspectives, I would like to instate possible programs to set everyone up for success-so that everyone in the world is able to set their own goals and be provided with the necessary resources and information that is needed to reach their fullest potential.

My dream job is to teach English at Cambridge International Vietnam. I envision myself having a future job that allows me to be connected to both of my roots as a Vietnamese-Canadian.

I was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta. My parents are immigrants from Vietnam. Despite being immigrants, their hard work and perseverance allowed gave me a childhood that was joyful but also privileged. I grew up with a very close relationship to my immediate and extended family (which is very very big if I may add). I had many cousins of similar age and therefore allowed me to always have a close friend. My parents made sure I was able to experience many things as possible: skating, swimming, dance, the zoo, etc. I don’t think there was ever a time where my parents were not around. When I would have an accident on the playground, they would leave work and come check on me at school, my mom would bring me lunch or take me out at lunch time, if she had a day off. In short, I was able to have a very good education while still having fun and adapting to two cultures. I would say thinking about my childhood makes me very happy, grateful, and humbled.

My first ever job was as a guest ambassador at the Calgary Stampede. For two years, I met thousands of people on a daily basis and guiding people from all over the world around the greatest outdoor show in the world. I would describe this experience as two worlds colliding. The Calgary Stampede attracts people from all over the world and that allowed me to learn of other people’s stories while sharing my own as.a first-generation Vietnamese Canadian.

List any volunteering you have done.

I have done volunteer work at charities and non-profits: The Mustard Seed, Inn From the Cold, The Drop-In Center, Hope Mission, Medical Aid Vietnam, Gems for Gems, Willow Ridge Community-Centre, Calgary Centre for Newcomers. I volunteer at my church’s youth-group teaching children of the faith and Vietnamese. I have done volunteer work through performances for fundraisers organized by CVNTV to raise money for war victims in Ukraine as well as funds for the victims of the earthquake in the Middle-East.

I can touch the tip of my tongue to my nose, and fold it in to a flower. I would say my hand writing is an interesting talent too.

The most interesting place I have been to would have to be Japan. Fascinating would be a better word to describe my experience. The technology, businesses, and the way the people carry themselves definitely left me in awe. For example, the crime rates are unbelievably low. I am able to leave all my heavy shopping bags in a corner, run to buy something else, come back, and my belongings will still be where I left them. It was an absolute shocker when I was informed of this and I had to try it out myself… absolutely amazing and I would recommend this destination to everyone!

In ten years, I see myself teaching English in a high school, either in Canada or Vietnam… slowly making my way up the ladder into Cambridge International. I also see my non-profit organization continuing to grow… operating in at least three or four locations. I would be 31 years old by then and one of my biggest goals when I reach the age of 30 is to retire my parents.

One of my favourite quotes goes, “Build bridges, not walls” by Todd Miller. There are so many approaches and understandings you can takeaway from this quote and I truly believe I have began to embrace this quote through my love for being surrounded by people… not just my family, friends, classmates, etc. but with everyone in the world because I believe that the only way we can progress in life as a collective human race, is by sharing our personal experiences and finding those small but important connections to one another.

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 6:13 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:00 pm
Responder al tema

Lannie Houle
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Lannie-Taylor-Houle-2023
Hometown: Goodfish Lake, AB

Lannie Houle, a remarkable woman who proudly represents her Indigenous heritage as a Plains Cree and Sylix Okanagan. Born and raised in Goodfish Lake, AB, and Vernon, BC, Lannie now calls Kelowna, BC, her home. Since she was young, Lannie showed incredible dedication to sports and excelled in AAA/JR. A hockey and elite fastball. Her talent and hard work led her to run for Team Canada at the World Indigenous Games, where she won a silver medal and competed in multiple international Nike races. Later, Lannie attended the University of Concordia and the University of Alberta, competing in cross-country and indoor track.

Currently, Lannie works with Spirit North, a non-profit organization where she is able to use her athletic success to make a positive impact in Indigenous communities across Alberta and British Columbia. Lannie has the privilege to inspire Indigenous youth to live up to their full potential through sport, culture and land-based teachings. Lannie’s generosity is truly inspiring; she has given away over 1,500 pairs of running shoes donated by local stores. With these shoes, she organizes running and walking groups so that everyone can lead a healthy lifestyle with proper footwear. Lannie also coaches local sports teams, makes appearances at cross-country and track events, speaks at schools, charity events, and sports panels. She motivates the younger generation, teaching them that with faith and hard work, anything is possible.

Lannie’s athleticism, confidence, and positive mindset makes her an exceptional contestant and role model. She has previously represented Canada at the international level, gaining valuable experience that will surely help her in the Miss Universe pageant. With her determination and belief in herself, Lannie is confident that she has everything it takes to make Canada proud on the Miss Universe stage.

I am huge on being involved within my community, whether that’s through coaching local sports teams or volunteer opportunities. The most enjoyable thing in my life, is being able to teach/coach my gift of running to younger kids in Indigenous communities. If I’m not doing that you can find me somewhere on a golf course. I recently started competing in golf and its taught me a lot about mental strength and patience.

Fancy Shawl Dancer
Mental health wilderness first aid
Personal trainer
Children’s fitness instructor
XC running/skiing coach
Fastball coach

Golf
University of Concordia XC Running/ Indoor Track
Nike International road races
Major Midget AAA/ JR.A Hockey
Elite fastball
I grew up in a very competitive sports family so it was only natural that I worked very hard in order to play at the highest level. Playing sports have instilled my work ethic, confidence and making meaningful relationships that transferred into my daily life.

Ashley Callingbull former Mrs. Universe 2015 has been a huge influence in my life. Ashley has taught me how representation truly matters and the importance of Indigenous sisterhood/empowerment has lit a new fire within me to reconnect with my Indigenous culture and use my platform to amplify and empower not only Indigenous people but everybody.

My proudest accomplishment is my gift of running long distance. Running has given me the ability to represent Team Canada at the WIG games in Brazil, attend University, and run for Nike at multiple International races all of those opportunities have given me the ability to set up running/walking groups where everyone receives a free pair of running shoes. Throughout the 5 years of hosting these running groups, I gave away over 1500 shoes. Using my gift of running for more than just competing is my proudest personal accomplishment.

The most unique thing about me is that I was the final torchbearer for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. I got to light the cauldron in front of 10,000 people in my hometown of Vernon, BC. After that, I did a media tour around the Okanagan. I was only 13 years old.

I currently work with Spirit North which is a national charitable organization that uses land-based activities to improve the health and well-being of Indigenous youth, empowering them to become unstoppable in sport, school and life. My goal is to continue my outreach on as many communities as possible by being a positive role model and challenging myself to keep improving daily to be the best possible person so I can continue my work.

Although it’s true that my current job would be considered my dream job. Being Miss. Universe Canada would be an amazing platform to expand my work not only in Indigenous communities but across Canada and being able to travel around the world that would be my dream job.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in two different places Goodfish Lake, Alberta and Vernon, British Columbia surrounded by both of my families. Goodfish Lake is a small Indigenous community in Northern Alberta that I am so proud to call home as I get older, I grow more appreciation for being raised there. Goodfish Lake is a family orientated place where we can always count on one another to show up in a time of need or cheer on the local sports teams. It takes a village to raise a child and I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for all the love and support, I receive from my family and community. Vernon is where I spent my older years at and currently live today. I’ve made some of my best friends here and continue to appreciate the beauty of the Okanagan. I love golfing, hiking and boating during the summers and skiing in the winter.

My most interesting job was I worked with an organization that encouraged female participation in sport and physical wellness by making the environment inclusive by all skill level and working on self-esteem/confidence.

AMA Go Run Girls!
Moccasin Mile
Run and walking clubs
Coaching local softball teams/ track and field
Community Evangelical Church
Indian Residential School Survivors society
Edmonton Soup Kitchen

Although I think most of my talents are conventional I think my most unusual talent would be my ability to be ambidextrous.

San Francisco Nike Women’s Half Marathon Championships because I was able to experience it with my mom and I placed 15th overall. It was my first international race which made it extra special to have my mom with me and my family watching online. After the race, we explored San Francisco for a couple days before I flew out to Brazil for another race.

In 10 years, I hope to have my own non-profit that helps support youth in being fully confident and prepared to follow their dreams whether it’s through sports, music or academics. A lot can happen in 10 years so no matter where I end up, I hope I lived to my full potential up until that point and still strive to be a better person every single day.

If being crowned Miss Universe Canada it will give me the opportunity to use my platform to open up doors of diversity, inclusion and leadership to empower women of all backgrounds. Showcasing that with hard work, faith and stepping out with confidence you can make your dreams a reality.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:02 pm
Responder al tema

Madison Kvaltin
(top 8 de miss international 2022.)
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Madison-Kvaltin-2023
Hometown: Manitoulin Island, ON

Madison is a decorated Canadian pageant titleholder who knows how much work it takes to be a successful and inspiring change maker in pageantry & life at large! Madison attended Queen’s University to obtain her Bachelors of Honours Cum Laude in Sociology and Business; inspiring her entrepreneurial spirit. Madison now owns and operates a Marketing and Web Design company. She also has an athletic company called Skilla Athletics, a brand that promotes healthy body confidence and the celebration of bodies through movement. And lastly Madison has created a community called The Body Love Club, where she uses social platforms, workshops, empowerment retreats, mindful movement classes, mental health walks and self defence classes to empower others through movement. Madison aims to teach all bodies to love and fuel themselves, because our bodies deserve to be taken care of!

A woman of passion and adventure, Madison aims to be a positive and vibrant light in any room. Born in a small town in Northern Ontario, Madison always new she was meant for something great. She is travel and adventure driven, as she believes that travel is a massive way to become educated, cultured and develop an understanding of difference.

So why Pageantry? After being hospitalized due to the severity of her eating disorder in her youth, she decided to become the light that she and so many others needed. Pageantry for Madison revolves around her philanthropy in the body confidence and mental wellness space; her goals with Miss Universe Canada are to inspire and continue to empower others to love their bodies through all stages of life. She now actively promotes her platform of body confidence and fuelling our bodies with movement to the masses, through her businesses and other social means. Madison is a massive believer that beauty fades, but the impact you leave on the world can last a lifetime.

I am massively passionate about body confidence and fueling your body with movement; including sports (cross country, volleyball, soccer, football, skating, dance), boxing, pilates, yoga & so much more! I love branding and design, as this is a key role in my Website Design and Social Media Management Company. I love art & anything DIY. But most importantly I love giving back; whether it is giving workshops and seminars on Body confidence, blood drives, charity work, & so much more.

I love doing any and all sports!! As a child I competed competitively in Swimming; but continued to explore different sports in High School and College for fun, including Dance, Track (Hurdles), cross country running, football, soccer, boxing & so on!

One of the most impactful women in my life would have to be Cheryl Kozera. The Pageant Director for Miss North Ontario. Cheryl has empowered hundreds of women to find their voice within the world of pageantry. I don’t think I’d be the same strong, empowered, and change-driven woman I am today if it wasn’t for her. She believes that looks fade, but the impression and impact you make on the world is priceless. She inspired me to pursue my dreams and push my platform farther than I could have ever imagined. Cheryl has empowered me, to want to empower other young women to become the best version of themselves, to build a better future.

My proudest personal accomplishment has to be the pursuit of my business Skilla Athletics and my wellness community The Body Love Club. Skilla is a brand rooted in exposing the exercise realm and promoting the use of exercise for its holistic benefits beyond changing them to fit societal norms. With this brand, we are promoting body confidence and body acceptance, and the use of movement to celebrate our bodies. The Body Love Club is a mental wellness community that emphasizes the use of movement to fuel, love and respect our bodies; we provide knowledge on body confidence through social means, seminars and workshops, but we also engage in mental health walks, self defence classes and mindful movement workshops to inspire all bodies to use movement as a method of empowerment and self development; not as a means to change our bodies to fit unrealistic societal needs. As of right now, I am actively teaching all bodies, regardless of shape, size, colour, age, etc., on how to build body confidence and provide our bodies with the fuel it needs!

I think an interesting thing about me is when I was in Australia I tripped and fell while bartending abroad and fractured my elbow; requiring surgery and a screw in my elbow. For the last few months of my student exchange in Australia, I had a robot arm cast to help me relearn how to use my arm. This was super challenging for me as I went from being in the gym every day and playing a bunch of sports, to having to relearn the basics of moving my elbow, using my fingers, carrying and lifting things. To this day, I’m still trying to relearn how to do a pull up because of the pressure and angle of the screw in my arm. Isn’t it humorous, I broke my humerus, slipping on a non-slip mat!

My Career ambition is to build a series of passive streams of income to create a life of financial freedom, and freedom to give back (in both time and money). At the moment I own two companies, an Athletic Company and a Website design/Social Media Management company; and a developing my wellness community. I’m in the process of saving my money to purchase my first Airbnb, with a goal of owning an Airbnb in a majority of major cities around the world. I also plan on completing my Real Estate and Brokers license to build and operate a real estate brokerage, helping others with their Airbnb and investment properties. Right now, I’m focusing on building out my two companies to run on autopilot, then I will transition to the next goal. For me I do not have 1 career goal, my goal Is a diversified portfolio, continuing to challenge myself and try new things! This will then allow me to focus on spreading my message of body confidence and celebration of our bodies at all stages of life.

Honestly, I would love to be able to travel the world and help people while being paid to do so. In those travels, I would continue to learn, educate and volunteer; in addition to promoting fitness and my platform of celebrating our bodies with movement.

I grew up in a small town in Northern Ontario. Most of my days were outside playing road hockey on the streets, jumping in the mud and spending time with my family! Although my parents divorced when I was 16, I learned the true meaning of love and how we should never settle for less than what we deserve. My childhood of sports fueled my competitive and athletic spirit! I’m constantly trying new sports and continuing to challenge myself. Growing up in a small town, made me realize I was made for bigger and better things. I never really fit in, I was super driven and determined to make a life of adventure and travel. Although I love and appreciate my small-town roots, I’m more excited to continue to travel, educate myself, and become a worldly woman!

Throughout college I worked in the hospitality industry; from pubs to fine dining, I even worked on a dinner cruise boat! I absolutely loved working in hospitality as it taught me so much patience and unwarranted kindness. You truly never know what is going on in someone else’s life, so it’s incredibly important to lead with kindness. Even as simple as wishing someone a beautiful day, or complementing someone outfit, or a smile can dramatically improve someone’s day, if not perspective.

I’ve been volunteering my whole life. My biggest push at the moment is workshops and seminars on body confidence and celebrating bodies with movement. But additional volunteering I’ve worked on/with includes:

Women’s Mud Run
Special Olympics
Blood drives/organizing donations at 911 (Sirens for Life)
Canadian Cancer Society events (walks/runs, donation events, canvasing, etc).
B3 – Women’s Empowerment Group (Sudbury)
Multiple Mission trips to Dominican Republic & Colombia
& more!
I’m always looking to give back, because empowering others (especially young women) is one of the greatest ways to build a better future.

I think my most unusual talent would have to be Henna art. In high school and college, I took my artistic talents to skin. I love geometric and floral designs, beautifying the skin. Henna art is highly cultural & symbolic, so to avoid cultural appropriation of the artform I took it upon myself to educate myself on the history of Henna. With that, I engage in Henna art because of my love and respect for the history and beauty behind Henna.

In college, I got the opportunity to go on a student exchange to Canberra, Australia. This was only my second overseas trip and my longest (this one lasted 5 months). Australia to this day is one of my favourite countries in the world. Not only is the nature and environment a sunshine lovers dream, but the people are incredibly kind and environmentally forward. Much like Canada, Australia is a peace forward country that emphasizes their multicultural base. Australia was my first time travelling to a foreign country all on my own. It allowed me to develop my independence and love for exploring new cultures and history, and because of that it is still my favourite country I’ve visited.

In ten years, I hope to have my businesses flourishing and developing my real estate brokerage and Airbnb business. With that, my business accomplishments will have landed me on Forbes 30 under 30. I dream to build several streams of income that allow me to continue to travel, educate and grow. I see a life filled with travel, living in new countries every couple years to never stop growing and learning. I will have completed an Iron Man, and continue to challenge my physical health as I grow. Additionally, I will have completed a TED Talk on Body Confidence and celebrating our bodies with movement. And so much more!!

Pageantry has taught me how powerful, resilient, and driven I am to make positive change in the world. Pageantry has taught me to use my voice, speak up and make change to better the world tomorrow. I want to help inspire other young women to speak up, use their power to create meaningful and positive change. Regardless of the results I am going to keep pushing for positive change in this world. I am actively working on my platform within my community and through my small business & wellness community, promoting the celebration of our bodies through mindful movement. My motivations and passions for change do not end with this pageant, I am driven to continue to make changes for the better.

Última edición por julinha el Dom Ago 13, 2023 7:37 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:03 pm
Responder al tema

Madison Moore
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Madison-Moore-2023
Height: 6’0
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB

Madison Moore is a 21-year-old Swampy-Cree woman. She was born and raised in Opaskwayak Cree Nation/The Pas, Manitoba. Madison now lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba and plans on pursuing her education. Madison is an outgoing and positive individual, and she is always willing to help others. Madison enjoys spending time with her twin nieces, family and coaching volleyball. Madison currently works with youth within the community and wants to continue working with youth because they are our future leaders. Madison is passionate about her culture and supporting other Indigenous peoples. In her free time, Madison likes to act, model, and jingle-dress dance. She hopes to inspire other youth and individuals to step out of their comfort zone and try something they haven’t done before! Madison has persevered through many challenges in her life and is happy to be representing her hometown and indigenous women.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:04 pm
Responder al tema

Maneet Khera (no esta + participando)
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Maneet-Khera-2023
Languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu

Being second generation Canadian and born into an immigrant family Maneet has always appreciated the hard work her parents did to give her the fulfilling life she has today as an educated, empowered, independent woman.

Growing up her parents always emphasized the importance of education and autonomy as she watched them work labour class jobs’, and struggle to build a future for their children. Her family has always been a pillar of support in regards to all her dreams; cheering her on every step of the way. Today, Maneet is nearing the completion of her master’s degree and on the path to becoming a registered psychologist. She works for the government of Canada, challenged herself in a male dominated field of law enforcement alongside also pursuing her ambition for modelling and acting. All this was done while balancing and excelling in her education. During her undergraduate studies Maneet received 3 scholarships and graduated on the deans honour roll. Through persistence, goal setting and discipline she was able to achieve all that was once a dream. She hopes to continue to inspire all young girls, and girls of visible minorities to chase their dreams and shatter all glass ceilings.

Maneet has always loved preforming on stage and recalls her youngest memories of herself from grade 2 where she performed a Bollywood dance in front of the entire elementary school fearlessly. Maneet also competed in ‘Miss India Worldwide Canada 2016’ where she placed first runner up, won ‘Miss Congeniality’ and ‘Miss Best Talent’ for her live monologue performance. Maneet is known to have starred in the multiple music videos including ‘Bootcut’ which crossed over 51 million views on Youtube. She also recently played the lead role in a feature film titled Purple Kisses, which was nominated for awards in 11 different film festivals. The film highlighted the silent struggles of a woman in an abusive relationship. Maneet hopes to continue to work in films and projects that voices various causes and issues in society surrounding women; as Maneet is a strong advocate for women’s rights and empowerment.

Volunteering in the community has always been a significant part of her life and is what makes her thrive. Maneet has spent 2 years supporting individuals in crisis at the distress centre. The importance of mental health and wellbeing have always been of great importance to her as she witnessed various people in her life struggle with trauma and depression. With her educational background in psychology, Maneet continues to emphasize the importance of taking care of our mental health as much as we take care of our physical health. Along with having open discussions about mental health and therefore, fighting the stigma. In line with the following quote, “Education is the most powerful tool which you can use to change the world.” She feels the key is to educate youth at a younger age on mental health literacy and promoting effective healthy coping mechanisms with evidence-based approaches. This is why she recently launched her ‘Brain, Body, Balance’ initiative through which she hopes to promote education on a healthy balance between the brain and body.

People who know me, know that I am always up for new experiences. I am a curious person, always learning new skills and developing new interests. I recently started doing a lot of DIY projects, such as molding flowers in resin. I have also been improving my hand eye coordination and strength while learning shooting at the range. Some of the other things you might catch me doing in my free time include stargazing on a warm summer night. I’ve been lucky to sight shooting stars at least once in the year. I also enjoy hiking to challenge myself but to more so to immerse myself into nature. There is beauty all around us, we just need to pause, be present and see. How often have you just sat to look at the colours of the sunset after your busy day?

Self-care time is also one of the most enjoyable for me. I like to make sure I have activities allotted as ‘me time’ through my week. I like to do hatha yoga, dance, reflective journaling, reading self-help books, working out and guided meditations. Interestingly, I record meditations and affirmations in my own voice because I feel it helps me connect to myself even more—I’ve also been told I have a soothing voice and should sell my recordings. Most of all, I enjoy going on walks and spending time with my little Yorkshire terrier Niko.

Fine arts were always my favourite subjects in school. I like to say I was born a performer and never feared being on stage. One of my youngest memories is of me performing a Bollywood dance in front of 500 people at the age of 7. I also took ballet as a child, then went on to take dance classes all throughout high school, which included hip hop, jazz, African, belly dancing and Bollywood. In my final year, I became a dance captain for the class. I have also taken Bhangra classes, a traditional folk dance of Punjab. This has always been special to me as it is a part of my cultural background.

I was lucky to go to an elementary and middle school that offered drama classes. I continued to take drama and professional development in the arts in high school which grew my passion into professional acting. I also partook in choir for 2 years, although now I like to call myself a bathroom singer.

Growing up I was involved in a variety of sports and hobbies, including swimming and Taekwondo. However, I always had a particular interest in basketball. I no longer play, but I’m a huge NBA fan and am always watching the games.

My grandmother has had a significant influence on my life. She was always known as the woman who was not afraid to speak what was on her mind. I watched her always stay true to her values and speak her truth; she was never intimidated by the person standing in front of her. From her, I learned the courage to be uniquely myself and use the power of my voice.

My proudest moment was when I was the first individual in my family to work a job for the Canadian Government. Especially being born into an immigrant family, I remember the happiness on my parents faces knowing that they were able to provide their children with the better life they had always dreamed of. I also felt immense pride working for our country. Another proud accomplishment is, challenging myself successfully through an intensive law enforcement selection process which is known to be a male dominated field. Behind the glamorous side and modelling pictures, stands a determined intellectual woman. Likewise, I want other girls to know that they are capable of doing anything they put their mind to as long as they stay dedicated and perseverant through all potential setbacks, you are more than just your appearance or perceived ‘gender role’.

One of the most interesting things that has happened to me is that I starred in an Indian music video that crossed over 51 Million views on Youtube… not a lot of people can say that!

My overall goal is to finish my registration as a psychologist and use my educational background and knowledge to continue to advocate for mental health awareness/education as well as women empowerment. I am currently in final year of my education, and just a few milestones away from this goal.

When I hear dream job, I think Miss Universe Canada and bringing another Universe crown to our country. Other than that, my dream job would be to be a social media influencer, along with a professional actor. Not only would I be a part of the fashion/beauty industry, but I would also have a larger platform where I could continue to positively influence people and causes that I believe in such as women empowerment and mental health advocacy.

I was born and raised in Toronto until the age of 10, when my family decided to make the big move to Calgary, Alberta all the way across the country. This was a large shift in my life as many of my cousins and friends lived in Ontario. However, I remember being excited more than anything for what was to come. From the big move, I learned resiliency; the ability to adapt and overcome any changes that could come about in life.

My parents had immigrated to Canada from India, and did not know much about how things worked around the city since most knowledge was spread through word of mouth at the time and not social media. Regardless, they always ensured I was able to have a fulfilling childhood. My mom put me into extracurricular activities that I enjoyed, such as ballet and swimming. My family always supported my interests and encouraged me to do the things I loved including performing arts in school and professionally.

One of the most interesting type of work I have done is being a volunteer in the hospital, although it wasn’t a paid job it is the most memorable. Here, I got to experience life and death on a daily basis, some people leaving happily with their newborn babies, and others in grief after losing a loved one. There’s one shift I remember in particular that left an impact on me. A family had been rushing to the hospital to come see their sick, dying father. But by the time we assisted them to the room, they had missed him by just a few minutes. I can never forget the silence that filled that room. Sometimes we put things on hold and take others for granted but time is one of the most valuable things we have. This experience was a reminder that life is short and precious. Live life to the fullest always and chase your dreams, because who knows what tomorrow, or even the next minute has in store.

Distress Centre -Crisis Phone Lines
Alberta Health Services – Wayfinding and Emergency Department
Reading Buddies
Heart to Heart Youth Mentoring
Drop in Centre 
Mustard Seed

I can wiggle one ear, yes you read that right… just one ear.

I have not travelled to many countries, although I have a lot of places on my ever so long bucket list and can’t wait to go to in the future. For now, the most interesting place has been India, as that is where my parents were born and raised. It was an enlightening experience seeing the lifestyle and culture firsthand there. The street food, the shopping, the warm welcoming people, I loved every bit of it. I think it’s important to stay connected to your roots and culture at heart.

10 years is a long time, and I have many goals for myself that continue to evolve as time goes on. As for now, I imagine myself running my practice as a psychologist working with young women, helping them find their power and resilience. I also aspire to have worked in a few films, and travelled to various countries. I picture myself married. I absolutely love children and can’t wait to have a family of my own one day. Most of all, I hope to be content in every aspect of my life with whatever I have achieved.

To all the girls reading this: everything happens twice, once in our dreams and once in reality. I was just like you, until one day I decided to take charge of my life and do the things that fulfilled me. The time is now. An empowered woman encouraged me to take the first step, so today I encourage you. Is there something you’ve dreamt of doing but been afraid of? Step out of your comfort zone, there’s only growth from here on. Our minds can become our best friend or our worst enemy and limit us. So, make it your best friend and use that as your power. As a Miss Universe Canada, I want to continue to empower all the young women who come along with me through this journey…let’s begin!

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 6:14 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:06 pm
Responder al tema

Marwa Osmani
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Marwa-Osmani-2023-1
Hometown: Surrey, BC
Languages: English, Dari, Hindi, French, Spanish

Marwa was born in Moscow, Russia and is now a proud Canadian citizen living in beautiful British Columbia. She is multilingual and a true advocate for multiculturalism, having grown up in a household that exposed her to various languages and cultures. Her experiences have shaped her into an open-minded, empathetic, and driven individual who believes in helping others and breaking societal barriers.

She firmly believes in education and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in French from the University of British Columbia. During her studies, she gained valuable experience working as a 911 dispatcher, which taught her the importance of being calm and composed under pressure, while providing excellent service to the public on their worst day. Currently, Marwa works as a Client Service Assistant at a Real Estate Insurance Brokerage. Her passion for helping others is fueled by her family’s experience of fleeing Afghanistan and seeking refuge in Canada. She is driven to pursue a career where she can help people feel safe and secure in their homes, and this motivation is reflected in all aspects of her life.

Her conservative household upbringing has inspired her to break barriers and encourage women to step outside the boundaries set forth by traditional and societal norms. Marwa’s appreciation for life and seizing every opportunity stems from her husband’s journey with lymphoma after his diagnosis was confirmed within a week of their marriage. Although it was a difficult time, it taught them the true meaning of “in sickness and health” and showed them the beauty of embracing life and its opportunities. She hopes to inspire other women to pursue their dreams and make a positive impact in the world by embracing their uniqueness and putting “Carpe Diem” into action. In addition to her career achievements, Marwa has always had a passion for volunteering and giving back to her community. She has dedicated her free time to various volunteer efforts, including coordinating children’s summer camps, volunteering at local hospitals, and freelance modelling for female-owned small businesses.

When she isn’t pursuing her career aspirations, Marwa enjoys spending her free time exploring the great outdoors through activities such as ATV’ing, kayaking and, can often be found hiking with her beloved cat, Ovi. Despite not knowing how to swim, she refuses to let fear hold her back from new experiences and adventures. She is a true representative of multiculturalism values and through her experiences, she has learned to embrace life with courage and positivity, inspiring others to do the same and strive for their dreams, no matter the challenges they may face.

My interests include singing and writing songs, dancing, playing sports or working out, reading, journalling and above all, spending time with my fur baby. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family more than anything!

Though I have not had any direct training, I have grown up being naturally drawn to the arts. I have participated in various plays throughout my life. I have been in choir, as one of the primary soloists, and have also sung at multiple charity events. I have a passion for dancing and have learned the traditional Afghan ‘Attan’ dance but, I am also able to do Bollywood, Contemporary, Hip Hop and a little bit of Salsa dancing.

I love playing sports and some of the sports I have participated in are; Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Cross Country/Track and Field, Dance and, Weight Training.

As a student, I had a high school French teacher who truly inspired me. She had a gift for making literature come alive and engaging us in thought-provoking discussions while still allowing us to have fun with the educational material. She was always approachable and eager to help us improve our skills. Thanks to her, I developed a lifelong love of languages and writing. I still look back on her class as one of the most positive and memorable experiences of my high school years.

Marrying for love can be a difficult decision when coming from a conservative background of arranged marriages. However, it can also be a liberating and empowering choice. By following my heart and choosing my partner based on mutual love and respect, I have not only found happiness, but I have also broken the cycle of tradition and expectation that can often hold us back. I am proud to have made this choice and to have found a life partner who shares my values and beliefs.

Speaking multiple languages is one of the most interesting things about me, and it has allowed me to connect with people from all over the world when I travel. Being able to communicate in different languages has helped me break down cultural barriers and develop meaningful connections with people I might not have been able to otherwise. It’s a valuable skill that has opened up countless doors for me and enriched my experiences abroad.

Continued education is incredibly important to me, and I have always loved being a student. I believe that learning is a lifelong process, and I am constantly seeking opportunities to expand my knowledge and skills. In particular, I am passionate about the field of real estate and hope to grow at my current company, eventually becoming a licensed broker. Ultimately, my goal is to start my own brokerage and use my expertise to help others achieve their real estate dreams.

My dream job is to become a business owner, and I am driven by a desire to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Coming from Afghanistan, where many people have lived in fear of losing their homes, I am passionate about helping individuals and families find safety and security through affordable and sustainable housing solutions. As a business owner, I would leverage my skills and resources to create opportunities for those who are struggling and make a meaningful difference in my community.

My family fled from Afghanistan to Russia before I was born, due to political tensions that made it necessary to hide our ethnic background. My father was a business owner, but his passing was a devastating blow to our family. Fortunately, we were eventually sponsored to move to Canada, where we were able to live with our grandparents and start anew. Growing up in Canada, I developed close relationships with my sister and cousins and spent my formative years in school, building a foundation of knowledge and skills that have helped me throughout my life. Being raised by a single mom has been a source of inspiration for me. Despite the challenges and obstacles she faced, my mother invested her whole life in ensuring that her children never felt the absence of our father. She worked tirelessly to provide for us and create a loving and supportive home environment. Growing up, my mother encouraged me to follow my passions, allowing me to participate in sports, drama, and singing. Her unwavering support gave me the confidence to pursue my dreams and has instilled in me a deep appreciation for the sacrifices that parents make for their children.

One of the most interesting jobs I have had was working as a 911 dispatcher. It was a fast-paced and intense environment, where I was responsible for answering emergency calls and dispatching the appropriate first responders to the scene. The job required strong communication skills, quick thinking, and the ability to remain calm under pressure. While it could be emotionally challenging at times, it was also incredibly rewarding to know that I was helping people in their time of need.

Some of my volunteer experience includes being a coordinator at various children’s summer camps, volunteering in the renal department of Royal Columbian Hospital, serving as a volunteer coordinator at the Vancouver Children’s Festival, acting as a Peer Mentor in high school, and most recently, performing as a singer at a Fanca (Fijian Muslim Sports Federation) event and a Heart & Stroke Foundation event.

One of my unusual talents is being able to sing fluently in Hindi, which is not my native language. I have a passion for music and have worked hard to master this skill, which has allowed me to connect with a wider audience and explore new genres of music. Additionally, I am also able to do a convincing impression of Alvin, the chipmunk, which is always a crowd-pleaser and brings a smile to people’s faces.

The most interesting place I have visited are the Mayan Ruins of Chichen Itza. The preservation of the site was breathtaking, and it was incredible to see how humans in the past were able to construct such impressive architecture without the aid of modern technology. Walking through the ruins, I gained a new appreciation for the ingenuity and skill of the ancient Mayan civilization. It was a humbling experience that put into perspective just how much we are capable of accomplishing on our own and how we have evolved as a species over time.

In 10 years, my goal is to have my own brokerage through which I can help my community accomplish their real estate goals and have the the home of their dreams. I will build a beautiful home for my family that I hope to expand. I will provide my mother with the life she has always desired, given the sacrifices she has made for our family. I would love to travel to Russia to visit my father’s grave and Afghanistan, where my family originates from. Although these countries may not currently be the safest to travel to, I hope that the political climate improves, and I can fulfill my dream of visiting these significant places. Exploring new cultures and seeing different parts of the world has always been a passion of mine, and I hope to continue traveling and experiencing new things throughout my life. I also look forward to watching my wonderful niece and nephew grow and hope to be an inspiration to them to follow their dreams as I did by participating in Miss Universe Canada and hopefully being the 2023 title holder.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:08 pm
Responder al tema

Melanie Renaud
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Melanie-Renaud-2023
Height: 5’9
Hometown: Windsor, ON
Languages: English, French

Melanie Renaud is a 26-year old marketing strategist, model, mentor and philanthropist. She graduated from the University of Windsor with honours in Digital Journalism and Communications.

Melanie is a Global Ambassador and spokesperson for the Starkey Hearing Foundation. She proudly worked alongside Delta Zeta National to raise 5-million dollars in 5 years for the foundation and travelled with a team to Guatemala on a Starkey mission trip to provide hearing aids and hearing care to over 800 people. Melanie had the life changing first hand experience of providing that care and seeing a child hear for the first time. She continues to support their cause and plans to volunteer with them again in the near future.

Apart from her volunteer experience with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community, Melanie is also an advocate for Autism awareness. Her aim is to educate and promote inclusivity and acceptance for everyone on the Autism Spectrum. She has always had a heart for the autism community as an older sister to her brother Max, who is on the spectrum. Melanie, Max and their Mother are currently working to publish a book together to spark conversation about the autism spectrum while also teaching respect and kindness.

She is also passionate about empowering young people with the tools and resources to develop confidence and leadership skills. During the pandemic, when there was uncertainty for in-person pageants, she created a virtual pageant called Miss Confidence Canada for teens and women to practise their skills while providing workshops aimed at confidence building, runway, and interview. Melanie volunteers at a camp for girls ages 6-12 teaching these skills and mentors collegiate women in leadership roles – she has spoken at college campuses as far as Arizona and California. Melanie hopes to inspire young women everywhere to be confident in themselves and thrive as leaders in their communities.

I love thrifting and vintage fashion, watching a good film, reading, writing creatively, listening to music, singing, travelling (although there are so many places I have yet to explore), and ultimately being in creative spaces is where I thrive and enjoy my time most. I also love trying new things – I would consider myself daring as I will be first to try a new rollercoaster or a foreign food my friends might be opposed to.

I think trying something at least once is important, no matter how scary or intimidating. Moments where I have tried something new have honestly been some of the most incredible experiences. Being with family, making new memories with friends, and networking – making new connections are also moments I enjoy.

Trained Vocalist, Musical Theatre, studied at the Toronto Academy of acting, Competitive dancer of 12 years.

Competitive Dance and recreational volleyball.

Eleven years ago, I was on my family computer and an ad showed up for Miss Teenage Canada. I signed up out of curiosity. My grandpa who encouraged me to go through with it because he had so much faith in me and saw a spark I did not know was within me. I was extremely close with my grandpa especially since my mom had me so young; he was very much a father figure to me. He taught me so much about history, his travels around the world, and the greatest piece of advice I have ever received. He said “When you are optimistic, good things will happen.” When I felt like my world was falling down he was always the person lifting me up and teaching me to shift my mindset and be positive.

About a month before I competed in my first pageant, Miss Teenage Ontario, my grandpa passed away from cancer. I was crowned that January in 2013 and had the opportunity to compete alongside 65 young women across the country for the title of Miss Teenage Canada. I felt his spirit with me the entire way – and I still do. My grandfather knew I was meant to do so many incredible things with my life and to be honest, I can’t imagine how my life would have looked if he didn’t encourage me to compete in my first pageant. He is still such a big part of my journey and to become Miss Universe Canada, would be honouring his memory in so many ways.

While there are quite a few personal accomplishments I am proud of, I am proud of myself for re-entering the modelling industry. Last year I had the pleasure of working with several designers and being selected as a model for the Riwayat Fashion Show organized by a company based in the UK. This was a very competitive fashion show to audition for and the most highest paid runway show I have ever walked in. I was honoured to have the opportunity. The reason this was such a proud moment for me is because prior to the pandemic, I thought my modelling days were behind me. When I was 19, I gave up on my dreams of modelling and acting because I thought I was not good enough and lacked the confidence to go after my dreams.

Shortly after finishing my university career, I was in a car accident which I thankfully left unharmed besides a minor concussion. This event gave me new perspective and time to reflect on the things I wanted to do in life. I wrote down some of the goals I had for myself and made sure I would pursue them. I am proud of myself for using this experience and the pandemic as an opportunity to reconnect with myself and my goals to begin to put in the work needed to achieve them. This accomplishment was only the beginning, but an important stepping stone toward more opportunities.

In my last year of university I applied for an international internship that would change my life. Out of over several applicants I was chosen as one of the 5 interns that would be working directly with the Starkey Hearing Foundation to raise 5 million in 5 years. This opportunity later led to me becoming a Global Ambassador and spokesperson for their foundation and travelling to Guatemala on an international mission trip to provide hearing aids and hearing care to over 800 people. While I had raised money for the foundation for about 5 years, being witness to the work they do in person was unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

We often take for granted the things we have like being able to listen to music, hear the voices of our loved ones or just the simplest sounds of nature or rain falling. I saw children hear the voices of their mother’s for the first time and people that were casted out from society/lost their jobs for being deaf be able to hear again. It was like seeing a miracle and knowing that the work we were doing was going to change their lives. Some countries just don’t have as much support or resources for the Deaf and Hard of hearing communities so providing the technology and care can make such a difference.

I left Guatemala with new perspective and a firm belief that children everywhere should have access to these types of services to have their best chance in life. Learning that some children are left on the sides of roads for being deaf in developing countries was one of the most saddening realities I have every heard.

While I would love to have my own talk show one day, I also have a few other career ambitions like becoming a New York Bestseller one day and developing my Modelling and acting career. I keep a journal and stay intentional with my personal and career goals, but I also network quite a bit as I know making connections is critical to my personal brand which will help elevate my career.

As of right now, I am working my way up in the modelling industry and was recently approached by a director who has work featured on Amazon Prime about appearing as a journalist in his film. It is important to celebrate small victories but to keep working toward my goals – you can be intentional and manifest but putting in the work is very crucial. In terms of having a bestseller – I know that is ambitious and I am still figuring out what story I was to tell, but fear of failure is not something I will let affect. I will go for my goals no matter how ambitious they may be.

My dream job is one where I can make positive impact and enjoy what I do. Apart from my dream to be Miss Universe of which is an incredible job position I hope to achieve, I also aspire to utilize my journalism degree and have my own talk show where I can bring on other inspiring guests and share their stories. I believe this dream job and Miss Universe will work hand-in-hand.

I grew up in a small French country town in Chatham-Kent called Pain-Court. I had a very happy childhood playing outside on the farm, getting my clothes muddy, and adventuring a little too far out of my mother’s sight sometimes. My mother was 17 when she became pregnant with me and 18 when she had me. I couldn’t imagine the struggles she went through as a young mother and I’m forever grateful to her for working hard to give me my best chance. My earliest memory is my mom and dad’s wedding in 1999 and it was my day to shine as the flower girl! My dad worked on the farm every day but he was also a drummer in a band. My mom was a singer and taught piano so our house was full of music, dancing, and laughter. When I was four years old, my first brother was born and I remember shouting from the playground excitedly that I was going to be a big sister. A couple years later my second little brother was born and although I may have wanted a little sister – not so secretly at that age, I would not have wanted it any other way.

Being the oldest also comes with a lot of responsibility, which played a big part in who I am today. At the age of 3 my brother Max was diagnosed with Autism. At the time, I didn’t fully understand what that meant but it did change a lot for our family. We ended up moving to the city and my family did so much to care for my brother to help him thrive. One of the best days of my life was when Max finally started speaking – it was so emotional for my parents. He could finally talk your ear off about how he loved his trains – we even brought him to see Thomas the Tank Engine in person! Although it was not always an easy road, my family and childhood had so many happy memories and reasons to celebrate. I am who I am today because of these experiences. Being raised by young parents, they persevered and taught us the importance of hard-work, being empathetic towards others, enjoying the little things in life, and always being present.

Cosmetics Counter girl at Shoppers Drug-mart (by far one of the best jobs I had in my teenage years). This position changed me entirely as I went from not knowing how to do my own makeup to providing makeup services and helping women look and feel they best.

Global Ambassador for the Starkey Hearing Foundation – helped to raise 5 million in 5 years and travelled on an international mission trip to Guatemala to aid over 800 people who could not afford hearing aids or hearing health care.
Me To We Student Fundraiser
Cardiac Kids
United Way Youth Ambassador
Delta PALS (Chatham-Kent Safety Village) volunteer camp counsellor
Canadian Cancer Society volunteer
Autism Canada ambassador

Ever since I was little I walked on my toes, this was something I used to get bullied for as I was already a tall child but my tendons are short. I was in physiotherapy for years and even went through a period where I slept with casts on my feet to extend my tendons. Being a toe-walker actually worked in my benefit as a dancer and it was a running joke for my ballet teacher that she never had to remind me to be on my toes. I don’t know if this is necessarily a talent but to others it was unusual. Today women envy how long I can last in heels effortlessly (I cannot wear flats). Although I was teased a lot growing up, its a win in my books!

Antigua, Guatemala was incredibly beautiful. Before working on my mission trip with the Starkey Hearing Foundation, I had a day to explore which I spent sightseeing, attending a local cooking class, and visiting the market. The people were incredibly friendly, welcoming, and the city itself was so colourful it reminded me of a page out of a book. I will forever cherish the memories made in Antigua.

I hope to be travelling around the world, giving back and helping to provide access to healthcare and education in developing countries, and I hope to be living my best life and doing things I love. At my core, I believe my life is meant to be spent with peace and happiness, spreading positivity wherever I go.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:08 pm
Responder al tema

Melanie Fan
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Melanie-Fan-2023
Hometown: Toronto, ON

Born in Shanghai and grew up in Toronto, Melanie Fan is a passionate and charismatic 24-year-old student and entrepreneur. She is currently pursuing a double master’s degree at HEC Paris and Yale University while launching her female-focused travel app.

Prior to her master’s degree, Melanie worked as a Wall Street investment banking analyst. Through her experiences, she recognizes the harm of gender pay gap and aims to promote women’s financial literacy worldwide. Through her platform, Melanie aims to assist young adults in making more informed financial decisions, and eventually close the financial gap between men and women.

Melanie’s friends describe her as “a ray of sunshine with a purpose.” She is charismatic, confident, and warm. Melanie developed a strong sense of responsibility at an early age by caring for her younger brothers. She read them bedtime stories and provided moral guidance, as she instills her values of kindness and integrity. Melanie extends this degree of responsibility to her community by volunteering at the Shanghai Orphanage Home and financially supporting the secondary education of four children in China. Her happiness comes from bringing smiles to the faces of others.

When Melanie isn’t riding the waves of the Pacific Ocean, exploring the diverse cultures of the Middle East, or hosting piano performances in Europe, she is constantly creating. Melanie expresses her creativity through her personal photography website, YouTube channel, original artwork, and her own peer-to-peer travel app. She believes in the power of innovation and is determined to bring communities together. Compassionate and fearless, Melanie always wears a smile on her face. Nelson Mandela’s words, “what counts in life is the difference we have made in the lives of others,” remind Melanie to uplift and make a positive impact on the people around her. Therefore, she hopes her new startup app will encourage women to see the world and dare to achieve more!

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:10 pm
Responder al tema

Meriem Babouri
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Meriem-Babouri-2023
Height: 5’10
Hometown: Longueuil, QC
Languages: English, Arabic, French, Algerian dialect

Meriem ‘Cherine’ Babouri is a model, a singer, an actress, and an aspiring designer born in Skikda, Algeria. The oppressive gendered expectations she was subjected to before emigrating caused her a lot of grief growing up, which contributed to her family’s decision to move to Canada. Other factors in this decision were the lack of educational opportunities as well as the lack of medical facilities for her special-needs brother. Her father had an influential position in government, and the authorities wouldn’t permit him to leave, so in the dead of night they drove over the border to Tunisia, where they were hidden in a family friend’s house. From there, they flew to Morocco and then over the Pacific to Canada. She felt as though she had found her second home as soon as she stepped off the plane.

While her parents were trying to adapt to the new environment in Canada and find jobs, there were government programmes providing support as well as kind people who welcomed them with open arms. It was now that Cherine learned more about feminism, since her knowledge about this important topic was limited to what her country thought of women. She was finally free to focus on what inspires her the most: art.

People who know Cherine would describe her as artistic and fashionable. At the age of 16, she started modelling. The first time she was called a model by a respected photographer, she felt like fireworks were exploding in her stomach. This was the moment she knew she had a special connection with the fashion industry. She was exploring the different types of modelling: commercials with the fetish wardrobe, promotional work with Nissan at their car show in Montreal in 2023, runway modelling with the signature 2023 Lasalle College Fashion Show, Julia Dantas Academy, and print with Sarze magazine. At the age of 17, she started working in the hospital of Charles Lemonye in the city of Greenfield Park. This job satisfied another passion of Cherine’s, helping others. She also did a lot of volunteering, which helped her stay in touch with her community. Right now, Cherine continues exploring other forms of art, such as plastic art, cinema, and music. She released a song on her birthday, May 30th, that is about the difficulties of growing up in today’s society. She is also working on raising awareness and funds and leading a walk with Bladder Cancer Canada. She hopes to win the Miss Universe Canada 2023 pageant, not only for her own career but also to be able to donate a sizeable amount to various charities she is already working with.

It is hard to pick one specific thing as my favourite. I love to draw, paint, sing, im learning the trumpet and guitar, and obviously I love fashion and modelling. If I had to pick one of these as my favourite, I’d say it was modelling.

I am naturally a very talented person and someone who gets bored very easily which made me take multiple trainings. The amazing funding of school’s in Quebec offered a variety of art classes.Thanks to the music program, I learned music theory and how to play the trumpet and this is where my passion for music started, I used to be really bad as a vocalist when I was younger but with training I got better. I took a plastic art class in my last year of secondary school, which unlocked my love for designing clothes since I come from a family that is talented in sewing. Im also trained medically to work as an orderly and I was in the middle of learning to be a nurse before i took a break to focus on this competition.

Swimming, Iaido and archery

Angelina Jolie was always an inspiration for me, not only is she a talented and beautiful actress, she is a very generous philanthropist and speaks out on important issues. My grandfather used to call me Lara Croft (played by Angelina Jolie), and this made me proud, as she is a strong and independent woman.

The accomplishment I am most proud is being a part of the Signature 2023 Lasalle College fashion show.

Something unique that happened to me was the situation in which my family left algeria. My father was a prominent local government official and as his discontent towards the government was known when we eventually wanted to leave, we had to sneak out of the country to avoid being arrested. We drove to Tunisia under the cover of nightfall and were hidden in the house of a family friend before flying to morocco and then to canada.

I dream of becoming a model on Vogue Magazine, as that would be a marker that I had become a very successful model. Right now I am working as a model and building my career, and this beauty pageant so far is the biggest part of that.

My dream job is to be a business owner of a clothing brand that is sustainable and free of exploitative labor.

I was born and raised in Skikda, Algeria. The city and its people hold a great place in my heart. I spent a large portion of my childhood travelling, which helped me learn more about diversity, which Algeria didn’t have. Algerian society is very religious and conservative. The image that they have of women is very restrictive. It was here in Canada that I learned the about feminism and women’s power. I was raised by two loving parents who gave me the entire world. I have two siblings: My sister, who’s a year and a half younger than me is my best friend. My non-verbal baby brother, who struggled with autism most of his life, was always cared for by the entire family. I had a happy childhood since I was privileged to have a father who had an important position in the Algerian government. However, my parents made sure I went to public schools so I would be among kids from all parts of society, even if they had the means to put me and my siblings in prestigious private French schools. Here in Canada my parents struggled during the first years; we relied on food stamps and donations from very kind Canadians. I am happy I got to experience both of these worlds to better understand others struggles.

I worked as a model for the fetish wardrobe industry a lot, which meant that i would always wear something unusual. I once wore this later suit in the mid summer, my skin was sweating since the blue latex absorbed a lot of heat from the sun. By the end of the photoshoot, the suit felt like sauna and was strangely quite relaxing.

Mission Nouvelle Generation.
La Mosaïque, CAB (Friperie)
CISSSMC
La Maison Benoît Labre
Bladder Cancer Canada

Pouring liquids with no spill, no matter what’s the shape or size of the containers.

I have travelled a lot during my childhood, but no place makes my jaw drop like Paris does. I love the architecture that shows the history and what the country has gone through. It is the city of fashion and love: my two favourite things in the world.

I hope to start my own clothing brand with no exploitative labor and to create a onion for the different jobs at the fashion and the music industry. I also hope that I will be able to build a hospital specialized in providing care to kids/adults with special needs like autism. I see myself adopting a lot of kids from underdeveloped countries because I believe in giving a chance to children that already exist.

I’d like to talk about what I’d do if i was fortunate enough to win this years competition. Firstly I’d donate a sizeable quantity of my winnings to a local domestic abuse shelter. I’d also use the platform it would give me to talk about women’s rights and intersectional feminism.

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 6:24 pm, editado 2 veces

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:11 pm
Responder al tema

Melody Thike
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Melody-Thike-2023-1
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Languages: English, Burmese

Melody Thike was born and raised in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Embracing her multicultural heritage of Burmese, Chinese, and Mongolian roots, she finds inspiration in the richness of her diverse background. Motivated by a genuine passion for the social sciences, community building, mental and physical wellbeing, intellectual freedom, and the arts, Melody remains committed to making a positive difference through a humanistic approach. She is an undergraduate at the University of British Columbia pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Philosophy.

Melody’s commitment to community building and the sharing of knowledge shines through her five years of work at the Vancouver Public Library in various neighbourhoods throughout the city. She is driven to provide more resources for fostering meaningful connections among people. She strongly believes that creating a sense of belonging will improve our overall well being and motivation to find solutions for the greater good.

I have always been drawn to the realms of beauty, art, and the humanities. My interests are related to creative and intellectual pursuits.

Photography and fashion have allowed me to capture moments of inspiration and express my personal style. Whether it is behind the lens or styling a unique ensemble, I find immense joy and fulfillment in these creative outlets. In addition, my love for makeup and cinema fuels my appreciation for visual storytelling and the transformative power of art. Exploring the performing arts and experimenting with makeup techniques enable me to test the limits of imagination and nurture self-expression.

Furthermore, I find great fulfillment engaging in conversations about psychological, philosophical, and sociological concepts. These interactions enrich me with diverse perspectives and broaden my understanding of the world. It is truly enlightening and satisfying to hear how others make sense of their experiences and how they intertwine with my academic knowledge.

While I cherish these shared moments, I also have a strong appreciation for solitude. I find comfort and inspiration in moments of self-reflection. Writing serves as an emotional outlet, allowing me to process my thoughts and experiences. Meditation brings a sense of calm and clarity, enabling me to reconnect with myself. Going on walks accompanied by my favourite music and organizing my personal space provides a sense of renewal and rejuvenation for me!

I have had acting training involving the Meisner technique, on-camera work, and a motion picture industry certification. I have also participated in vocal lessons and choral groups at the Vancouver Academy of Music. I’ve gained extensive training in customer service and an Occupational First Aid Level 2 Certification. These experiences continue to shape me into a versatile and adaptable individual, ready to tackle new challenges and contribute to any environment.

I have experience in track and field, dance, and volleyball!

My paternal grandmother is an incredibly influential figure in my life. Her unwavering positive affirmations and support throughout my upbringing have been monumental in fostering self-belief and a growth mindset. However, her impact goes beyond these gestures. My grandmother was the first person in our family to immigrate from Myanmar to Canada. Growing up, my grandmother shared stories of the hardships she endured and the limited opportunities that existed in her home country. Her journey to build a new life and start a business in a foreign land epitomises bravery, sacrifice, and determination. The privileges and opportunities I have in Canada, such as access to quality education, healthcare, and greater socio-economic stability, exemplify the transformative power of her decision. The contrast between her previous circumstances and the life we now have serves as a constant reminder of the importance in maximizing the opportunities available to us and to never take them for granted. My grandmother was driven by her unwavering commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of our family. Her story has instilled strong family values in me and serves as a reminder to act on my pursuits with grit and perseverance. I proudly stand on the shoulders of her and my ancestors before me. I am committed to bringing honour to them by helping our world continue to progress for the better.

My proudest personal accomplishment is supporting the sharing of knowledge, intellectual freedom, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion to our community through my service at the Vancouver Public Library (VPL). Serving in this capacity has been an incredibly fulfilling journey, allowing me to connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences.

My five years at VPL has shown me the power of empathy and consideration in building a harmonious and inclusive society. I believe that I have played a crucial role in empowering individuals to expand their horizons and pursue their subjects of interest.

Witnessing the joy and gratitude on the faces of library patrons as they discover new concepts, acquire new skills, or find solace within the pages of a book fills my heart with an indescribable sense of fulfilment.

II believe that one of the most interesting things about me is my interest in exploring mental and physical health’s relationship to aesthetics. From my perspective, having a symbiotic relationship between health and aesthetics supports our ability to approach life with a positive and constructive outlook. Aesthetics, to me, go beyond the surface of appearances; they inform our behaviour, shape our perceptions of the world, and provide a medium for creative self-expression. This passion was ignited by an unexpected catalyst – my smile!

During my secondary years, I sought orthodontic treatment, aiming to improve crowding and an overbite. My research led me to myofunctional orthodontics and “mewing”, coined by Dr. John Mew, which focuses on the connection between oral habits, facial development, and overall well-being. I learned that improper oral habits can contribute to dental malocclusions and facial asymmetries, which can have an immense impact on our health and appearance. I sought treatment (Myobraces) with a local dentistry professional and have been consistent with my oral posture habits since. I will say that it was uncomfortable and arduous to integrate these habits into daily life at first. However, with resilience and consistency, it has not only improved my smile, facial structure, and oral health, but also has strengthened my confidence and determination to further strive for personal growth. I feel that this concept is something not many people know about and could greatly benefit from!

My career ambitions are rooted in the desire to contribute to community building and supporting intellectual freedom. My goal is to graduate from the University of British Columbia with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Philosophy next year. Afterward, I plan to pursue a Masters Degree in Psychology and Counselling. Furthermore, I hope to complete a project I have started working on with a team at the Vancouver Public Library. This project aims to affirm the right of access and representation for diverse groups and provide equitable, inclusive, and welcoming library spaces and services. To do this, we are creating training materials and mental health resources for staff members in regards to constructively responding to discrimination and reaching conflict resolution. We plan to complete this within the next year.

Amidst the rapid developments in technology, I strongly believe in the power of the arts to unite humanity and highlight universal emotions. While the exact title of my dream job remains uncertain, I envision a role that allows me to combine my passions for promoting connection in our communities, wellbeing, and the sharing of knowledge through the arts. By leveraging the power of this field, I aspire to contribute to the betterment of society. I hope to inspire individuals to challenge their perspectives, nurturing a more inclusive and empathetic world, and shaping a brighter future for all.

I was born and raised in Vancouver, BC, Canada to a culturally Burmese-Canadian and ethnically Chinese-Mongolian-Burmese family. I’ve had the privilege of experiencing the diversity of people and cultures that enrich this city. Vancouver’s unique blend of cultures, along with its breathtaking nature and the opportunity to witness all four seasons, has been a true blessing in shaping my perspective on the world. In addition to my upbringing in Vancouver, my family and I frequently travelled to our hometown, Yangon, Myanmar. These trips showed me the stark contrast between opportunities available and challenges faced by individuals in different parts of the world. Witnessing the hardships endured by children my age who had to work to support themselves and their families instead of attending school deeply impacted my perspective and fostered a sense of gratitude for the privileges I enjoyed.

From a young age, I had a passion for creativity, particularly in the performing arts. I would organize my own mini-concerts, fashion shows, and create short films through home-videos. Furthermore, music and singing played a significant role in my life. Fun fact: I knew every Shainia Twain song by heart as a toddler! I also enjoyed watching Barbie and Bratz movies and shows on the Family Channel, such as Hannah Montana, Zoey 101, Kim Possible, and That’s So Raven. This definitely fueled my imagination and love for storytelling.

As the oldest of three children, there is a considerable age gap between my siblings and I, spanning 10 and 7 years. This age difference has shaped my understanding of parenthood. It has exposed me to the sacrifices, challenges, fulfilment, and indescribable love that comes with raising a family. Through this experience, I have developed qualities of responsibility, consideration, and maturity. Overall, my upbringing in Vancouver, coupled with my creative pursuits, and family dynamics have played a significant role in shaping who I am today. It has instilled a deep appreciation for diversity, a love for the arts, and a strong sense of compassion in me. These values continue to guide my actions and aspirations as I navigate my journey in life.

As an actor, I have had the opportunity to take on a range of interesting and unusual jobs. One experience that stands out to me is working as a 3D Head Scan Model for a video game company. The purpose of this job was to capture human facial expressions to replicate when designing game characters.

Picture this: me strapped into a chair, surrounded by a dome-like fortress of cameras. It felt like a sci-fi movie set, with flashes of bright light and lenses fixated on my face. I had to make a multitude of facial expressions while cameras snapped pictures of me with a very bright flash for a few hours. It was like being in the center of a paparazzi frenzy, except instead of snapping glamorous red carpet photos, they were capturing every minute detail of my facial contortions. I unleashed a parade of facial expressions, ranging from the subtly sly to the outrageously exaggerated. It was as if I had transformed into a living, breathing emoji factory! My face had a very intensive workout during this job and it definitely felt sore afterward.

In retrospect, my role as a 3D Head Scan Model definitely broadened my knowledge of the entertainment industry. Beyond the eccentricity of the job itself, this experience served as a reminder of the perpetual evolution within the fields of acting and game development. It highlighted all the meticulous details, techniques, and hard work involved in the creation of digital worlds!

I have participated in mentorship programs and served as a tutor at local elementary schools. These experiences allowed me to support and guide younger students, contributing to their academic and personal growth.

I am naturally quite flexible, which often surprises people! One particularly unique aspect of my flexibility is that I can bend my thumbs back very far and contort my fingers in various ways. I attribute these abilities to both of my paternal grandparents, who were gymnasts in their youth! Their athletic background seems to have passed down this trait to me, and I consider it a special connection to my family’s athletic legacy.

Myanmar! I remember it being the most captivating and culturally rich destinations I have ever visited. It has enchanting landscapes and ancient architecture that hold so much historical and spiritual significance. From exploring the beautiful temples of Bagan, the majestic Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, the bustling markets selling delicious Burmese cuisine and fresh fruits, to visiting the hidden gem of Chaung Tha Beach along the Bay of Bengal, it all holds a special place in my heart. Watching the sunrise or sunset over the temple-studded plains was an especially breathtaking sight that I will never forget.

Furthermore, the warmth and hospitality of the local people further enlightened my experience, making it truly unforgettable. My time in Yangon gave me cherished memories with family and a deep appreciation for the city’s charm and cultural significance.

Professionally, I hope to be more involved in advocating for diversity and inclusion, charity work, and intellectual freedom. Overall, I aspire to help give others the tools and resources for self and community development.

On a personal level, I strive to be a source of unwavering support for my family. I aim to provide financial stability and create opportunities for my loved ones to thrive. Specifically, I want to be a pillar of encouragement for my siblings, actively supporting their passions and ambitions. Whether that is helping them navigate educational pursuits, guiding them in their artistic endeavours, or providing assistance as they explore their professional paths, I am committed to being a reliable and empowering presence in their lives.

In addition to my professional and personal goals, I hope to immerse myself in adventure around the globe. I seek to discover the beauty of diverse cultures, uncover hidden gems, and gain a profound understanding of our global community through travel.

I’d like to take this opportunity to express my alignment with the core values and initiatives of Miss Universe Canada. As an organization, Miss Universe Canada has a strong commitment to bringing diverse groups together, creating a platform for individuals to share their stories, and supporting various charitable causes. I am eager to contribute to the organization’s mission of empowerment, philanthropy, and celebrating diversity. Together, I hope we can make a lasting impact on individuals, communities, and society as a whole.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:13 pm
Responder al tema

Mildred Rinco
(miss grand canada 2022.)
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Mildred-Rinco-2023
Height: 5’9

Mildred was born and raised in Colombia until the age of 8, In 2006 her family moved to Regina, Saskatchewan as refugees running away from the violence of Colombia. In 2012 her family moved again to the city of Calgary Alberta. where she finished her studies graduating high school. And completing her diploma at Reeve’s College in her field of graphic design. Mildred is currently in rolled at Visual college of art and Design on her last semester of interior and architecture design. Her ambition is to use her education in the future to build low cost homes for the homeless with in Canada and Colombia. Her goal is to be a great role model for younger girls and to show them that education is the key to a successful future. Mildred is fluent in Spanish and English which has given her the opportunity to communicate with different people around the world. Her Latin spirit and flare has given her opportunities to connect with people more and helped her to obtain a role in a Latin movie.

In her spare time Mildred volunteers her time working in different events to promote a healthy, happy lifestyle. As well promoting her personal charity “SURPAZ” a non profit organization that she and her cousins created as a way to give back to the children in the city she was born in (Algeciras Huila Colombia).

She is a volunteer judge for Central All Canadian pageants in Alberta and is also involved in a movement to raise awareness for protection of women in the workplace. Mildred helps women give a voice for those who can’t speak for themselves.

Mildred volunteers as a model/coach for kids occasionally, she’s walked in different events to show case Outfits in support of local businesses.

Modeling has given Mildred many opportunities in life, such being part of Vancouver fashion week to promoting a clean environment by showcasing outfits made from 100% reusable materials. transitioning her career to pageantry where she was given the opportunity to represent Canada on a international stage as Miss Grand Canada 2022.

Última edición por julinha el Mar Ago 15, 2023 7:50 pm, editado 1 vez

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Jul 31, 2023 9:14 pm
Responder al tema

Naia Maird (no esta + participando.)
candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 Naia-Maird-2023
Height: 5’8
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Farsi, Spanish, French

Naia was born in Penticton, BC, spent a few years of her childhood in Indore, India, where she was raised by her grandparents, before ultimately moving back to Vancouver where she has spent most of her life. Naia has since travelled, lived in and visited California, New York, Dominican Republic, Scotland, and been all across Canada. She is of mixed descent, Persian and South Asian (Indian) from her maternal side and Greek and British from her paternal side. Naia has her degrees in Clinical Psychology with a focus on Behavioural Analysis, International and Intercultural studies, International Business Management and dabbled in International Law with a focus on Human Rights. She speaks 7 languages, English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, French and Spanish and can understand and speak basic Farsi.

Despite her academic achievements, Naia spent a part of her life in Foster care. She grew up in an immensely difficult home environment, with Law Enforcement ultimately deciding that it was unsafe for her to be at home. Naia grew up with divorced parents, there were times when having $2 for a carton of milk was difficult. She grew up in an abusive (physical, mental, emotional, financial, spiritual) home where she was not allowed to dress how she wants, eat what she wants or even speak at times. When she was removed from her home, she had nights where she slept on a bench, or would walk to temples for free food. Nevertheless, these journeys taught her a lot about life and what it means to survive. It motived her to fight for herself, to care for herself and to believe in herself. She hopes that she is able to give hope to others who have strained relationships with their family, or do not have support, she hopes that those who have to endure difficulties are able to see that there is beauty in life and that having faith in yourself is a superpower.

Naia has since gone on to create and build her own NGO that provides shelters to the homeless, helps protect women who are escaping DV and SA, provides low income housing to those in need, advocates for human rights, child safety and promotes the wellbeing and welfare of all living beings. Naia has helped bring refugees into Canada and has been responsible for their housing, wellbeing, getting them income assistance, their refugee documents and paperwork and co-counselling cases in court to help protect children. Naia has worked with children and adults on the streets, helping with harm reduction, OD response, mental health aid and providing housing and connection to youth and social workers with MCFD. She holds a record for single handedly responding to 17 ODs on the streets on a single shift and saving every persons life. She has won awards from the government in various areas such as Emerging Leader, Breaking Barriers, Intercultural Trust and is being considered for the Medal of Good Citizenship from the Government of Canada and The Diana Award from the UK for her efforts in humanitarian assistance and in memory of Princess Diana. Naia has founded her own podcast where she talks about her experiences, she has founded a spirituality brand that is connected to the promotion of teachings of various cultures, she has founded a design and fashion brand, and is working on founding a content studio, media company and events management firm.

When Naia is not working, she spends much of her time keeping active in the gym, she is interested in health, photography, design and connecting with people across the world. Naia hopes to bring awareness to various humanitarian crises happening across the world, she hopes to someday adopt children who are living in orphanages. It is her deepest wish that she can bring hope to those who do not have very much in life, in terms of resources or support, and that they are able to see that this life is worth exploring, its worth living and believing in yourself is one of the greatest ways to honour your heart and spirit. Naia feels honoured to be a part of the Miss Universe Canada family and aims to bring the crown home to Canada after 18 years at Miss Universe.

My interests range from quite a few different topics. I enjoy helping people build brands. I enjoy researching about world topics. I enjoy reading. I enjoy doing different kinds of volunteer work, such as volunteering at homeless shelters. I also enjoy travelling a lot, I like to take myself on trips, usually in places with different cultures.I explore the museums, the towns and spend a lot of time with locals. I enjoy thrifting, I will find a clothing item and take out my design kit and re-design a piece of clothing. I also really enjoy working out, I usually work out 7 days a week, and when I am in the gym I am often listening to podcasts so it becomes a full body workout! I enjoy learning and exploring quite a lot!

I have a degree in Clinical Psychology with a minor in Behavioural Analysis, I have a diploma in International and Intercultural studies, I have dabbled in International Business Management, and have began exploring a degree in International Law with a focus on Human Rights. have done my lifeguard training, I have learned various traditional dances such as Kathak. I have been taught how to play the flute and piano. I have sung my entire life, I used to be in a choir in school. I can speak about 6 languages, most of them are self taught. I have done public speaking. I learned how to do fencing. I am learning how to box and I am working on aerial silks as well! I have been trained on violence intervention and OD prevention as well during my time working in the DTES.

I have participated in every sport I could join! I have done my lifeguard training, I have done boxing, I have done martial arts, I have played on my schools basketball, volleyball and badminton teams. I was the coach for the boys basketball team in school. I have done cross country, track and field, played field and ice hockey. I played cricket a bit during my time in India, early mornings with 6am starts! I have played in table tennis tournaments, I used to ice skate, loved playing baseball, american football, did a little archery during camp, dabbled in some wrestling abroad as well, did a lot of ultimate frisbee in school, I was a dodgeball legend, did some rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, but missed out on gymnastics and equestrian which was always fascinating to me!

I believe my teachers when I was in school had an incredible influence on me growing up. I grew up in a very difficult home, I was put into foster care. My teachers moved mountains to make sure I was safe, healthy and happy. I never saw so much care and love from people that I didn’t even really know before, I was deeply moved. Witnessing them being so kind, compassionate and empathetic gave me a lot of hope, not just for myself, but for others, it gave me hope for a better future. They made me smile and laugh on days I didn’t have much to look forward to, they added colour back into my world when I saw it fade away. Most importantly, they believed in me, clapped for me and made me feel seen and heard which is not something I ever felt in my life. They saw the world in me when I had trouble wanting to be a part of the world. I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for them and I don’t think I would have the hope I do, in the world and people, if it wasn’t for them, I truly learned that there is good in this world and one doesn’t need to be related to someone to have an authentic, kind and lovely connection to them.

I believe getting through foster care, overcoming a big surgery and building my brands has been some of my most proudest accomplishments. Foster care was a very difficult journey, being away from everything you have ever known, being placed with an unknown family, not understanding what is going on, was deeply painful and difficult. My surgery was also painful, in a very literal sense, I had to learn how to walk, eat and even breathe on my own again. I did it myself as well, I don’t have family, but just like my teachers in school, I had absolutely lovely nurses who took care of me. My journey thus far had really motivated me to build my own brands, whether that is consultancy, or teaching, or my podcast, but the one I am most proud of is my NGO that provides housing, counselling, and all kinds of supports to those who are vulnerable and needing aid. My most proud moment, probably of my entire life, was when a refugee came from Iraq, she had fled her home country due to being forced into a marriage, and she came to canada with nothing, no money, no clothing, no ids, she didn’t even speak English. Many people here were not able to assist her, they wanted to send her back, I really fought against different organizations and people, I fought to keep her here, for her housing, to get her on income assistance, worked with lawyers to get her refugee documents and paperwork in order, and I was able to go with her to be dropped off to her new home in the lower mainland. I admired her courage and strength deeply, crossing paths with her and having the opportunity to be of service to her is my life’s greatest honour and joy, this has stayed with me for years and will always stay with me. I won different awards from the government for this, Emerging Leader award, Breaking Barriers award, Intercultural Trust award and I am being considered for The Diana Award, named after Princess Diana for humanitarian efforts and achievements!

I believe getting a second chance at life is the most unique thing that has happened to me. I was placed in foster care because I had a friend that deeply cared for me. I had teachers that believed in me. Being put into foster care saved my life and I wouldn’t be here today if I wasn’t placed in foster care. I learned to truly live, I learned 5 languages, I opened my own brands and NGO, I was scouted for modelling and film opportunities on the other side of the world and greatest of all, I have been given the opportunity to be a part of Miss Universe Canada and work hard to make Canadian history by bringing home the crown, walking a stage that so many incredible women before me have walked and being able to stand alongside beautiful, talented and driven women. From sleeping on a bench with no food or clothing or shelter to standing on one of the biggest stages in the world, I couldn’t have even dreamed of this.

I have built some brands for myself, I have goals to continue to build up the brands, in various areas such as consultancy, spirituality, NGO work, media, podcasting, culinary arts, fashion design, content studio and so on. My ultimate goal is to be able to travel the world and bring awareness to different causes. I hope to get back into Human Rights Law as well and open a pro-bono clinic in cities that have people who do not have funding or need assistance.

My dream job would be creating and expanding my brands in various fields that support others in living a better life. I would like to work as an ambassador to the UN, UNICEF and other similar organizations to advocate for those suffering. I would like to have my own orphanages across the world where children are safe, taken care of and given opportunities for education. I would like to work in bettering the lives of millions of people who do not even have access to clean water. I want to create group homes around the world where children can stay safely and not worry about being harmed. I want to create opportunities for women to work and earn money so they do not need to stay in environments that are harmful to them. My dream job would be anything where I would be able to be of service to others.

The very early years of my life were full of love. I was immensely spoiled, my grandparents took care of me, I was the center of their world. I got so much love and care, I witnessed what unconditional love truly was. My childhood, when my parents took me away, was immensely difficult. I grew up with divorced parents and in an abusive home as well. I had endured all kinds of abuse, physical, mental, emotional, financial, spiritual and so on. I grew up being scared for my life every single day, I grew up not being allowed to wear what I want, not being permitted to speak, or even eat at times. I grew up being told I would never become anything, I grew up being name called, harmed and scared. I don’t have a relationship with my family, I don’t speak with anyone from my family. This is a long story that I will soon share with the world. I believe many people can relate to this, a lot of people in the world we are living in today did not grow up in a healthy to safe home, a lot of people have a strained relationship with their family. I was placed in foster care because law enforcement deemed that it was not safe for me to go back home, they felt like I would lose my life if I went back home. They were right. It took me a very long time to stand up for myself, to choose myself, to protect my inner child and my heart, it took me a long time to feel like I was worth something, worth the good things and that I deserved to be happy. My hope is that when I share my story, others can give themselves a chance too. Miss Universe Canada is me choosing to give myself a chance, my journey truly begins here.

I worked with a Clinical Psychologist to help build and develop a mental health support app. When I was fresh in foster care, I didn’t even have money for a cup of tea from Tim Hortons, so I took on this job where this company would give us our own aerator (which is this massive and supremely heavy lawn tool) and I would have to go door to door, while pushing this machine, and ask people if they would let me use the machine on their lawn to help with their lawn health for $40, it would take me 2-3 hours to do depending on the lawn size. I had to work my way up to being the manager of clinical programs or detox centres, I used to work 12 hour shifts in the night and scrub toilets and clean the floors of low income residential and low barrier shelters. I have helped providers (doctors) across Canada with their EMR softwares so they can more easily provide care for patients. I have co-counselled cases in court for children living in abusive home environments. I have founded my own NGO, a consultancy, a podcast, a fashion brand and design house and the list goes on.

I have volunteered at homeless shelters, both locally and internationally, I have helped women escape domestic violence and SA. I helped free women from human trafficking internationally. I have helped lay foundations for schools for children abroad, I have worked with others to help in getting clean water to villages.

I am a fantastic mimic, I can mimic anyone, their walk, the way they talk, all of it! Growing up, one of my nicknames used to be “parrot” because I would just walk around as a child mimicking and repeating things I heard. I can also talk without moving my mouth and lips (very much), so I could be having an entire conversation with someone and people wouldn’t even be able to tell that I was speaking!

I visited and worked in Dharavi, which is one of the largest slums in the world. I visited Dhobi Ghat where I got to see the worlds largest open air laundry. It was so deeply fascinating to see the system that the people have created for themselves in the middle of slums. It gave me so much perspective on life and people, I have never seen people work so hard in their life, 18+ hours a day, on different stations in this big laundry, in temperatures reaching 40 degrees celsius, I was in awe and my heart broke at the same time. It is one of my dreams to be able to do something for them, provide resources to them, anything I can do to help.

I hope to be travelling the world for my work, advocating for causes that are close to my heart. I hope to be a mom, I aim to adopt children in the coming years. I hope to have been able to open orphanages around the world where children can stay safely. I aim to expand my brands and venture into other fields and areas of interest as well. I hope to be a good example of a Miss Universe Canada and Miss Universe and make this country proud.

Última edición por julinha el Vie Ago 18, 2023 6:27 pm, editado 1 vez

Contenido patrocinado

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto. - Página 3 GejDcrd
Responder al tema

candidatas a miss universe canada 2023. final: 19 agosto.
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 3 de 17.Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Siguiente