Reinas de Belleza ❀ ELITE BEAUTIES

Bienvenidos a ELITE BEAUTIES ❀ Foros con información acerca de Reinas de Belleza, Certámenes Masculinos, Competencias de Modelaje, ''Realities'' y más...

ÍndicePortalContactarnosÚltimas imágenesBuscarRegistrarseConectarse
Regístrese para formar parte de nuestra Comunidad. ¡Una vez registrado, podrá Ingresar para participar, publicar temas, subir fotos, intercambiar mensajes privados y más!
Usuarios más Activos del Mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan a los Foristas que integran el Top 9 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28471-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-mes-de-marzo-2024
Forista Popular del mes de Marzo 2024 - Conozcan al Ganador/a ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28497-resultado-final-votacion-del-forista-popular-del-mes-de-marzo
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Misses - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28249-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misses
Missiólogos Expertos del Año 2023 - Categoría Místers - Conozcan al Top 3 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28248-resultados-missiologo-experto-del-ano-2023-categoria-misters
Usuarios más Activos del Año 2023 - Conozcan al Top 18 ~ Enlace: https://www.foroelitebeauties.com/t28251-los-foristas-mas-activos-del-ano-2023

Comparte
Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Siguiente

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may.

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

Like : 9429
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Empty
MensajeTema: Re: candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 8:46 pm
Responder al tema

neissah desgrottes
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Neissah-desgrottes-2022-2
Height: 5’5
Hometown: Montreal, QC
Languages: English, French
Neissah was born in Port-au-prince, Haiti, and is a believer in God and miracles. She came to Canada when she was 11 years old, during the traumatizing earthquake in Haiti. Neissah and her family were thankful for the warm and generous welcome to Canada, and being provided everything they needed to start their new live here.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 8:48 pm
Responder al tema

niladri kolotan
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Niladri-kolotan-2022
Height: 5’3
Hometown: Calgary, AB
Languages: English, Bengali
Occupation: Student at University of Calgary (Masters of Fine Arts)
Niladri Nirzorini Kolotan is here to speak from her heart with depth and passion by embodying queer representation in beauty pageant sport. Her childhood was made in Toronto, now she is building her art career in Calgary. Niladri goes by the pronouns she/her and is gender fluid, as well a Master of Fine Arts Candidate at the University of Calgary. The mediums she works with are oil and acrylic portraiture, performance and socially engaged art. She aspires to become a storyteller and filmmaker at the Ph.D. level. Niladri is proud to have the privilege to represent the artistic communities that prosper in Canada. Participating in Bengali and Canadian cultural events is her place of amusement; she dances at local cultural festivities as a traditional practice of Bengali culture. The vision in her eyes is to see safety, care and prosperity for LGBTQ people and she brings the heat to the competition.
What are your interests and what do you enjoy doing the most?
I enjoy going on long runs around beautiful parks; as well as road trips to Rocky Mountains.
List any special training you have had (music, art, drama, dance, etc.) 
    • Bharatnatyam, Indian Classical Dance
    • Portraiture, Life Drawing and Landscape Painting

In what sports, if any, have you participated?
I enjoy volleyball and biking.
Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
My most honored mentor is my Bharatnatyam Guru Dr. Menaka Thakkar, a brilliant and legendary Toronto icon; her wisdom is always with me.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)? 
I was the most proud to be accepted into the Master of Fine Arts program at the University of Calgary.
What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you? 
I think the most interesting experience I have are the friendships I make, I have some of the most delightful people as my friends. The memories I share with them have given me powerful love and connection.
What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal? 
I have always wanted to concentrate my time in to working as an academic and artist; because I have always dreamed of completing my doctorate. Ideally I want to attend York University to develop my PhD in Cinema and Media Studies.
What would be your “dream job” in life?
My dream job in life is to be a filmmaker and storyteller.
Describe where you were raised and what your childhood was like.
I grew up in Scarborough. I had a beautiful cat growing up. I named her Autumn, after the season which I was born in, when I adopted her.
List any interesting or unusual jobs you may have had. 
I worked at Canadian Tire, I enjoyed my time there!
List any volunteering you have done.
Art Instructor – Alampiya School of Music
What is your most unusual talent?
I can sing in low pitch, but I am not as skilled.
Where is the most interesting place you have been to?
I had a lot of fun at Kelowna BC!
What do you hope to be doing in ten years?
In ten years I want to have written a graphic novel.
Is there anything you would like to add that we haven’t asked?
I appreciate the love and support I receive. I am excited to participate in this competition.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 8:53 pm
Responder al tema

oceanne gemme-rose.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Oceanne-gemme-rose-2022
Height: 5’8
Hometown: Greenfield Park, QC
Languages: English
Born in Canada, more precisely in Montréal, Océanne Gemme-Rose, raised partially in the countryside, grew up in nature and fell in love, ever since. She started working at a very young age. She thought that everything in life is earned.
Being always surrounded by older people, such as her siblings, she matured quicker than most people of her age.
She had her very first job as a waitress at the age of 13 years old. She quickly realized that her love for entrepreneurship grew in her. Growing up she discovered the fashion industry. She had her first modelling contract at the age of 16 years old, a love at first sight.
Today, modelling is not only her passion, but a career!
For her creative side, she is currently studying screenwriting. Something that has always intrigued her is the cinema industry.
Océanne always wanted to help people. Her goal is to become a philanthropist and eventually would like to build orphanages in countries that are in need. 19 years old with a big vision, a dream to accomplish, she always has been driven by life.
The philosophy that always stays in her heart is the Japanese philosophy “Kaisen”, meaning ”change for the better” in other terms to always improve.
I love reading, learning every day. I like to work out every day, have a healthy lifestyle, and also create new things by using my imagination.
List any special training you have had.
Music, dance, boxing (5 years).
I was training for a competition in boxing (5years).
Name one person, other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
Myself, I’m looking at the person I’m going to be in 10 years, this person is influencing and motivating me the most.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment?
Starting developing my own company at 16 years old, being a person of my word, always pushing and improving myself, being in one of the biggest modelling agencies.
What is the most interesting thing about you?
I love helping people, giving advice, I am a very artistic person and a hard worker. When I want something I always get it!
What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to to do to accomplish that goal?
Being one of the biggest models/entrepreneurs and also being a philanthropist. I plan to always improve myself and shall never stop.
Being an entrepreneur, working for myself. Having the opportunity to give a job to people in need.
I was raised half in the countryside and half in the city, because my parents were separated, I was raised more by my mom. I’ve had hard moments when I was young, but knew I was stronger than that, and here I am!
When I was 13 years old I was working as a waitress in a restaurant, this is where I have learned very good lessons and philosophies. I’ve always been a hardworking person since a young age.
McGill child care center.
Play piano and sing.
Truthfully, one of the best places I have been to is being forced to stay home for a moment (Covid-19) and have the time for once to reflect on my future outcomes… I have been grateful for this opportunity, yet so small but very significant for my life. One of my reflections: Become Miss Universe.
What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?
Since the start of my career, I have had my ideal career path in mind. My ideal career is one where my ideas are heard and in which I am making a real impact. That is why I want to be an entrepreneur, an international model, and eventually a philanthropist. I want to give back as much as I can, which is my purpose. I see myself being even more confident, with more knowledge and experience, I will use my communication and leadership skills to make this happen. The KAIZEN philosophy will always be part of me, It’s a term meaning “Change for the best” or I will say “to always improve”, that also goes for teamwork, personal discipline, etc. I think Miss Universe Canada will be an amazing opportunity for me, and also for others to get to know me.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 8:56 pm
Responder al tema

pamela abou khalil.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Pamela-abou-khalil-2022-2
Height: 5’7
Hometown: Kelowna, BC
Languages: English, French, Arabic
Pamela was born in Beirut, Lebanon which gave her immense appreciation for education and opportunities afforded to women in Canada. Growing up in a third-world country, Pamela never took anything for granted. She worked hard for everything and became a self-made woman. Her parents raised her on the principle that knowledge is power. Knowledge makes us wise enough to independently make our own decisions in life.
Pamela graduated with distinction with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree and has already been accepted to pursue her Master’s in Management.
Her family moved to Canada when she was in high school, and although it was a hard transition, Pamela took advantage of all the opportunities that made her the person she is today.
She was a part of the University’s cheerleading team where she had the opportunity to compete in several competitions across Vancouver. Being a cheerleader and a team player taught her the importance of physical and moral strength. She also did an exchange university program in Milan, where she enjoyed learning more about Italian culture. During this time, Pamela also was able to explore 5 other countries in Europe and visit 10 cities in Italy.
After she graduated, Pamela started working right away at Canada’s second-largest financial institution where she was able to apply her work ethic and independence, including her financial independence. Although in a male-dominated industry, Pamela is a high performer and is continuously recognized for her achievements at work. When she is not working, Pamela enjoys working out and volunteering. Pamela is a strong advocate for providing support to children and women experiencing abuse and homelessness.
Pamela believes that women should be given a stronger voice and would like to see more women in leadership positions. That is why in the future, she would like to own her own company in project management and dedicate a portion of the profits to charities and scholarships to empower women in the workplace.
Coming from a society where women are expected to have certain gender roles, Pamela understands the pressure and struggles women face. She strives to break stereotypes and encourages other women to do the same.
If elected as Miss Universe Canada, Pamela will use her platform to raise awareness and donations to charities which serve her mission to empower women and children globally.
For now, she is working hard to be the first Lebanese immigrant to win Miss Universe Canada. She is not only working on winning Miss Universe Canada but also preparing to bring back the Miss Universe crown to Canada.
I have a keen interest in immersing myself in cultures. I have lived in 3 different countries, including Lebanon, Italy, and Canada. All three countries have contributed to the woman I am today. Through Lebanon, I developed an appreciation for the resources I have in Canada, which fostered me to me humble. Through Italy, I was able to see first-hand the beauty of the European history while being inspired by the free spirit nature of the residents. In Canada, I have established my independence and gratitude for every opportunity afforded to me as a woman and as an immigrant.
I also enjoy continuously learning and challenging myself. Stepping outside my comfort zone is imperative for growth. My newest adventure includes learning skiing and practicing conversational Spanish.
At the age of 12, I had an electric piano and self-taught myself how to play by watching online videos and trying to play songs by ear. When I was older, I finally bought a real piano and started taking professional lessons for both piano and vocals. Since, I have performed several concerts.
    • Cheerleading: I was able to develop my both mental and physical strength while disciplining myself to be at practice every day for 3 hours at 6 am. Cheerleading also enabled me to hold a positive attitude while forming strong interpersonal relationships with my team, which also became like a second family for me.
    • Zumba: I have practiced Zumba for 3 years and now also teach students. I value the mentorship I provide my students by helping them live healthier active lives.
    • Others: I also enjoy swimming, working out regularly, and going for outdoor runs while enjoying beautiful British Columbia!

There is no denying that my parents had the greatest influence on my life. They have dedicated their lives to providing the best quality of life for my siblings and me.
If I had to choose a great influence other than my parents, it would be Rima Fakih. Rima is the first Lebanese American and immigrant woman to win the Miss USA title. She is also an Ambassador of the Children Cancer Centre and an Ambassador and Board Member of a few charities. She is such an inspiration to young women, especially immigrants, showing them that there are no limits to what you can achieve, and nothing can hold you back. Being the first Lebanese to win such a significant title definitely breaks down past barriers and motivates me to accomplish this for Canada.
What is your proudest personal accomplishment (other than participating in this pageant)?
My proudest accomplishments would be moving to Italy and Canada independently and learning to live in these new countries. I am proud to practice independence emotionally, financially, and physically.
I also graduated with distinction with a Bachelor of Business Administration and have also been accepted to complete my Masters in Management.
Along the way, I have earned many awards, recognitions, and scholarships for my performance which include:
    • Graduated from Thompson Rivers University with Distinction
    • Dean’s List Recipient
    • Athletic Award Recipient for being a returning athlete with a top tier GPA
    • One World International Scholarship (I.K. Barber) Recipient for being an international student with the highest GPA
    • International Mobility Study Abroad Award Recipient for participating in a study abroad experience in Milan

What is the most interesting or unique thing that has ever happened to you and/or what is the most interesting thing about you?
I would say the most interesting thing about me is my ability to thrive in multicultural settings. I can adapt to any culture and country lifestyle I visit with agility and speed.
I can also spark conversation with any person no matter their ethnicity, age, gender or background. Having met so many people through work, living abroad, and travel makes me respect and have compassion for people no matter who they are or where they come from.
Being able to speak 3 languages fluently and having strong cross-cultural ties strengthens this ability as well.
What is your career ambition and what are you doing or plan to do to accomplish that goal?
My career ambition would be to eventually open my own marketing and consulting firm, which supports various sectors. I want to inspire women to recognize that they can be successful business owners and succeed in any field, including those which are male-dominated. I also plan to donate a portion of the profits of my firm to organizations that support women and children who are victims of abuse or struggle with homelessness.
My dream job would be Miss Universe of course! I want to be able to work hard as Miss Universe Canada to bring home the international Miss Universe title after 17 years. As Miss Universe, I will fulfill my dream job by modeling strength, independence, and intelligence. I would also dedicate myself to raise awareness for charities supporting children and women struggling with abuse and homelessness.
I was raised in Lebanon up until high school. I grew up in a small home in Lebanon and watched my parents work very hard to be where they are today. I owe relentless work ethic and independence to them and thank them every day for their sacrifices.
Coming from a third-world country humbles me and makes me appreciate the small things in life. It makes me very grateful to have access to healthcare and affordable education.
Lebanon has been through a lot, especially in the last couple of years. Seeing what the country and the people have suffered really puts things into perspective for me. I find myself grateful, especially during days where it can feel a little hard to remain positive.
When I was very young, I worked at an engraving gift shop. My manager had so much faith in me that she handed me two wedding rings to engrave. Needless to say, the engraving didn’t go very smoothly. The machine ended up making a design error on this lovely couple’s wedding rings and I felt terrible. Fortunately, the company reimbursed them to purchase replacements.
I am proud to have volunteered at many organizations. I started at an early age, and I grew up to recognize the importance of being an active member of the community.
Some of the organizations I volunteered at include:
    • Mentor for Various Middle School Students
    • Fundraised for Red Cross
    • Marathon Volunteer, City of Kamloops
    • Volunteer, SOS Children’s Villages (Lebanon Branch)
    • Volunteer, Bon Pasteur (Elderly Care Centre)
    • Volunteer, Sesobel (Social Service for Children with Disabilities)

My most unusual talent is singing confidently to a song with the wrong lyrics.
The most interesting place I’ve been to is Budapest, Hungary. There is so much culture and history everywhere you go. They have the best food and their hot springs are just breathtaking.
In 10 years, I plan to graduate with my Master’s in Business Administration. I hope to be running my own business as a Marketing and Consulting Firm owner which supports children and women in need around the world. I would also like to donate a portion of my profits to establishing an international scholarship fund to support women from developing countries striving for equal opportunities for education.
I also would like to explore other countries and cultures by travelling to 20 more countries and living in Spain, London, and Iceland in 10 years.
I will be proud to be a Miss Universe delegate alumni and who continues to support other aspiring young women who decide to walk on the Miss Universe and Miss Universe Canada stage.
If I can inspire at least one little girl to follow her passions and dream big then I know I have done my part. It would be an honor for me to be crowned Miss Universe Canada. As a Lebanese immigrant, it would mean so much for me to break this glass ceiling for all minority groups. I not only want to be a strong role model for Canadian women, but also for women all around the world.
I am proud to be given the opportunity to participate in Miss Universe Canada and would like to see Canada recognized worldwide. Let’s take on the Miss Universe stage Canada!

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 8:58 pm
Responder al tema

pavia kaur sidhu.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Pavia-sidhu-2022
Hometown: Surrey, BC
Languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu
Pavia Kaur Sidhu attends UCLA School of Law and plays Jemma on Warped! (Nickelodeon series). She started college at fifteen years old. Awarded as a finalist at the international performing arts for dance in LA, Pavia competes and dances—known for her bhangra and fusing elements of lyrical and hip hop with Indian styles. She loves to read, stay active, and create.
Pavia grew up with her grandparents in a small town in India. They taught her what it meant to be authentic. She leads her life with enough play and seriousness to enjoy the little moments while striving for goals and making a difference. She is passionate about arts and advocacy. More than anything, she believes her persistence, struggles, growth, and positivity have shaped her character and who she is today. As an artist, lawyer, and actress, she plans to combine her love for law and the arts through entertainment law while working as an actress herself.
She attended University of Washington for economics at fifteen through Robinson’s Young Scholars Program. She is a recipient of Kilroy and the Dean’s Scholarship at UCLA. She was Salutatorian of her economics class, Summa Cum Laude, and part of the Omicron Delta Epsilon Ecnomics Society. She started UCLA School of Law at nineteen. While in school, she was also training and acting on “The Flash,” “Warped!”, “Shrill”, “Auntie” produced by Paul Fieg and in Bollywood projects like “VellaiPookal.” Her theatre debuts include “The Perfect Ganesh” held at the Pico Playhouse in Los Angeles, “Man Who Came to Dinner” and as Goldilocks for the renowned Arts Club Theatre Company in Vancouver. Her recent commercials/videos include Best Buy, Fruity Pebbles, Microsoft, Nintendo, Amazon, Paul Mitchell, Bebe Rexha’s Music Video. She believes that’s she’s always a work in process. At 15 years old, she had also gone out to modelling agency and been rejected before being signed. She’s had parts she did not get to play. She’s been overwhelmed with schoolwork that she just decided to drive to the beach and listen to music. Life is about hard work, resilience, and drive but it is also life that is yours to live and enjoy. She’s grown to be grateful and live life at its fullest.
Additional facts: She loves watching stand-up comedy. She drinks peppermint teas. Lots of it. She has one weakness: inspirational quotes. Video Editing is one of her hidden talents. And she wants to give to others through art, volunteering, and future pro bono entertainment/environmental legal services.
I love reading, dancing, and stretching. I enjoy acting the most. I am the happiest when I’m around arts and in my imaginative place!
Fun facts about me: I like water, I play the ukulele, I went to a cycling class once and I came out a different person, and I love exploring nature.
I started acting when I was fourteen. I currently play Jemma on Nickelodeon. My other acting credits include The Flash, Shrill, Warped, Vellaipookal, Popular Adjacent, etc. (rest of acting credits on my IMDB and website). I have trained in acting at Baron Brown and Cynthia Bain. I act to express, connect, and share.
I am also a trained dancer. I have trained in contemporary, jazz, and hip hop. My most known dance style is bhangra. I was a finalist at international performing arts for dance in Los Angeles. Other wins and competitions include West-Coast, Elite, and Shining Star. I am on UCLA’s dance team, BruinBhangra, and UCLA’s Foundations Hip Hop. I have captained DCB (UW’s college team), led and choreographed original bhangra fusion pieces. Dance is embedded in who I am and how I express.
I work out every day (mainly because I believe “my body is my temple.” Plus, you have more energy to lead the day). I enjoy taking walks, yoga which ultimately just turns into me stretching how I want to, and archery.
Sports I’ve competed and trained in:
    • Dance (College Bhangra/Hip-Hop/Contemporary), Volleyball, Circus/Acrobatics, and
    • Badminton (High School)

Jennifer Lawrence. I remember seeing an interview and being inspired by how authentic she was. She was so open about what she thought her flaws were. She was just real. It taught me that it is okay to share my struggles even more than my successes because they are part of life and what shapes my character. Her work in acting is provoking and vibrant, encouraging me to seek my own authenticity and love for the art. But more than that, I remember in her interview she talked about moving out at 14 years old on faith in what she wanted. She influenced what it meant for me to be confident in my decisions, instincts, and gut feelings. I learned that my opinion of myself is the most important at the end of day.
I won first place at Sikhism Regionals (Faith and Religion). I had always known how much I enjoyed being in front of an audience, but this was different. I got to share how I felt about the universe and religion and then got to witness how it resonated so deeply with others.
In my speech, I expressed what faith meant to me. Faith is love. Faith is trust. And faith is giving. As a young person, I’ve felt lost, doubtful, confused, drowned in fear, you name it. But those aren’t demons. They are life. We are so imperfect that it’s almost perfect. Life is not a story. It’s an experience. And that’s what being close to God means to me. It’s acceptance of our paths and our lives. And, at the end of it, giving and loving others deeply and with passion. We are all one. Ek onkar.
I started college at 15 years old (University of Washington) through a gifted program (Robinson’s Young Scholars). I went from part of high school right to college. This meant moving out to college at 15, attending classes, dancing, college sports, and figuring out a lot of adulting (laundry for example) while juggling being a teen. It was fun. I am so grateful because I made great memories and friends along the way.
My career ambition is law and art. I attend UCLA School of Law for entertainment law and advocacy. I plan to practice law in entertainment/human rights. I have also been an actress and plan to continue my work with it. Through entertainment law, I will be able to combine my passion for advocacy and the arts by helping other artists (especially providing pro bono legal services to artists and helping protect their art). I want to continue my career in the arts with acting, writing, and creating. I am currently writing a pilot while working on acting.

What I do right now. I want to work in advocacy and law while also furthering my artistic career as an actress and dancer. I can imagine it so vividly, but I also know it might look a little different or be something even better. My dream? Working in the arts (acting, writing, singing, and dancing), leading with a social platform, using my voice, and working with legal work.
My dream job is the one that I come home from knowing it was good for my soul, good for others, and made a large-scale difference. Hey, if I’m going to dream, might as well dream big.

I was raised in India and Surrey by my grandparents. Both my mom (swimmer) and grandpa were national athletes who instilled in me discipline and belief in one’s dreams.
My dad’s family are artists who taught me creativity and importance of play in life. And my core values, shaped by all the people and experiences, came to be love, faith, creativity, hard work, and authenticity.
I worked at my college football stadium as a host.
    • PS I love you foundation
    • Peer mentoring library
    • ASUW Volunteer Leader
    • Unicef
    • Red Cross
    • Boys and Girls Club
    • Gurdwara Sahib Seva leaders

I’m double-jointed. Enough said, I think.
Leavenworth, WA. My best description of it: a charming German town in the mountains with an antique touch. It was the most interesting place not only because of its freshness and radiance but because it was a time I can vividly remember. It was a birthday trip with my mom. I read books by the fireplace, spent time with my mom (my hero), got to enjoy a hot bath, walk around the ski town, and write while looking out at the snowy mountains. It was a complete escape and bliss.
Following my career path, living my dream job, spending time with my friends and family, growing my craft, having a large platform and a dog.
I want to use this title to give. I firmly believe that each individual has a unique way to give. I want to leave a legacy of philanthropy, joy in life, truth, faith, and cultural love. I want to use this platform to give a testament to Sikhism, philanthropy in the arts and legal services, and to volunteering my services in creating change. I am proud to be Canadian and represent a country built on kindness, hard work, diversity, and love.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:08 pm
Responder al tema

quinn teechma
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Quinn-teechma-2022-2
Height: 5’6
Hometown: Calgary, AB
Languages: English, Sign Language
Those who know her best would describe Quinn as being confident, persistent, charismatic and graceful. Her warm glow lights up any room, always genuinely seeking to help others and to correct the broken systems of the world. Quinn has dedicated her life to empowering and uplifting other women and has quickly evolved into an educator to inspire others to do as she is doing. Quinn has been utilizing many platforms including; TikTok, having over 600K followers and over 6.2 million likes, she is inspiring people globally to create positive change in their own lives as well as in the lives of others.
Born and raised on Lasqueti Island on the West coast of Canada, Quinn is currently living in beautiful Calgary, Alberta. She has the warmth of a Westerner, and the free spirit of her Coastal family. She grew up in a different environment then most typical Canadians as her family lived “off the grid” with no power or indoor plumbing. This taught her to be innovative and to use the creative powers of her mind. At the young age of 12 Quinn began her acting career in Vancouver, BC. There was a tremendous amount of effort involved in the logistics as her mom and she had to travel to the mainland by ferry. Quinn has always been used to making extreme efforts to conquer her passions and dreams. Through her disciplined goal setting and her sheer determination in 2019, she starred as the leading lady in the new Canadian film called February’s Dog premiering May 7th at the Globe Theatre in Calgary. The film’s main focus is on Mental Health. Quinn feels very passionate about the importance of this subject and started her own TV Talk Show in 2020 called “Let’s Talk Mental Health” on Roku TV. Moving forward her show is evolving into many different areas. With her next project “Let’s Talk – Queen To Queen” she wishes to reach many audiences and inspire women to love themselves and each other through the power of storytelling.
Quinn has always felt a burning desire to help others. Empowering women is her life and the heart of her business. After working thousands of countless independent hours, exponentially expanding her six-figure luxury boudoir photography company. She now offers one on one mentoring to other women in business. Remember, someone else’s success doesn’t affect your own success.
Quinn is excited and proud to bring her confidence to the stage this year. As part of her commitment to the Miss Universe causes, she has been helping to organize a massive special fund-raising event, to raise awareness and funds to service these causes. With Quinn’s determination and the hard work of an extremely large team she will continue to inspire others and to make positive changes in the world.
I enjoy good conversation and growing my knowledge by connecting with interesting people. You never know what lesson someone can teach you or what impact you could have on someone else.
I have had special training in acting, photography, horseback riding, and saxophone. I consider myself a jack of all trades, typically sporty and quick to pick up new skills.
Fun fact I was scouted for the 2012 summer olympics as a synchronized swimmer. My family didn’t have the means to support the opportunity, but I often wonder where that life path would have taken me. I am currently training in Muay Thai Kickboxing, it is an incredible workout and valuable skill.
I am so blessed with not just one, but two wonderful sisters. Next to my parents they have had the most influence in my life. I have watched and learned from their mistakes before mine, I have leaned on them for love and understanding. They have been and will always be there for me no matter what.
My proudest personal accomplishment so far is that my photography business made over six figures in the first six months of operations, during the first year of Covid in 2020.
I was invited by an acquaintance on a 3-week trip to Thailand. I took a chance and flew across the world last minute. We sailed as a group through hundreds of islands and even ended up travelling through Singapore before returning home. Fast forward a year later the same group, now good friends, traveled through Antigua and the Caribbean Sea visiting Princess Dianna Beach in Barbuda. Good travel friends are so important.
My ambition is to grow both of my businesses and be a self-made millionaire before the age of 30. I am not afraid to hire a good team to help expand my business at an exponential rate. Success does not have to be a lonely road.
My dream job is to be a modern-day Queen, an inspiration to others. To pave a pathway and encourage other women to look at my accomplishments and say, “If she can do it, why can’t I?”. My goal is to inspire people to create positive change in their own lives as well as in the lives of others.
I grew up on a remote island just off the coast of Vancouver Island called Lasqueti. I did not have a traditional childhood. We lived off the grid with no luxuries, including power or plumbing. We lived off the land and grew almost all our own food.
My first unusual job as a kid was shining shoes and selling burlap coffee sacks at the Saturday market for $2. Later, I worked with my sister for 3 years installing floors. I learned great life skills, including how to work with my hands and not be afraid of manual labor. It gave me physical and mental strength.
In the past I have done volunteering with the Dress for Success program in Calgary, that helps women get back into the workforce. I focus a lot of my volunteering on mentoring young entrepreneurs to help them expand their ideas and start thriving businesses. I look forward to my humanitarian project for SOS Children’s Villages. Check my social media for details!
I am a conceptual thinker and I have the ability to picture a completed objective in its entirety and then follow the appropriate steps to make the objective a reality.
The most interesting place I’ve traveled to was Nepal with my dad as a preteen. We hiked to Mount Everest base camp, spent two months traveling through the beautiful country. I had many incredible cultural experiences through our travels. I will always believe travel is the best form of education and am thankful I had a family that, despite not having a lot of money, considered this to be a priority and worked hard to help my worldly view grow.
I hope to be utilizing my financial success to make radical change in our society. Far too many are suffering from starvation and poverty. I believe this is a broken system that is fixable. The world’s richest 1% have more than twice as much wealth as 6.9 Billion people. The reality is fixing global poverty and starvation is possible. It’s just not being fixed by the people who have the means.
I consider this pageant to be the stepping stone on my way to holding the title of Miss Universe. Canada has not earned the Miss Universe crown since 2005, I am ready to take on that responsibility and challenge myself to rise as the voice of change our society needs. Young people need to be in a position to create a sustainable future for future generations

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:10 pm
Responder al tema

rawan slibi
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Rawan-slibi-2022-3
Hometown: London, ON
Languages: English, Arabic
Confident, inspiring, energetic, and positive is how Rawan is described by those closest to her. But if asked, she would say that she is someone who was given the opportunity to learn, grow, and experience a wide variety of things. And with all that experience comes a duty to pass it on, to help and inspire others to be the best version of themselves that they can be.
Rawan was born in Damascus, Syria. She and her family immigrated to Canada when she was seven years old, and in no time at all, she began calling Canada home. After her father acquired a great job as an engineer in Dubai, she and her family settled there, where she continued her school studies, focusing heavily on the sciences. She graduated high school with honours and, shortly after, returned home to pursue a Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology at the University of Western Ontario.
Growing up, she dabbled in my sports and activities. She spent most of her childhood swimming, practising the piano, and training towards a black belt in karate. As she got older, the activities grew more diverse. She joined the high school varsity basketball team, achieving several medals and becoming one of the best teams in the UAE. She also played badminton, soccer, and volleyball. Looking to deepen her Canadian roots, she took up the sport and art of figure skating. Starting at the late age of 15, she quickly proved herself within the figure skating community. A year later, she participated in a televised performance on ice.
Performances, especially ones broadcasted on live television, were a familiar environment to her. At the young age of 4, she made her first debut performance at a national opera house in Damascus, where she played a piece on the piano. Later on, she joined a dance team that went on to perform at several UAE National Day celebration events, events that were broadcasted live on national televisions and attended by royal members.
When she wasn’t participating in sporting competitions or performing on stage, Rawan spent her time giving back to the community. During high school, she volunteered at her community’s autism centre and participated in a national environmental event to help forest the city. She continued her work throughout her university studies, volunteering with organizations such as Exercise is Medicine, Mind Your Mind and Active Minds.
Having been an active person for most of her life and having struggled with body image, confidence, and health herself, she understood the power and importance of physical exercise on the physical and mental wellbeing of an individual. Pursuing a degree in kinesiology further widened her understanding of health and the impact exercise can have on individuals and society. She then did what she knew best how to do: she passed the torch on and help others. She started small, working to better the health and lives of those closest to her. She then took to social media and began sharing what she knew with people around the world.
Growing up in some of the most diverse cities around the world, she has grown to become a global citizen, adopting into her life aspects of other cultures from the places she has been and the people she has met. It came as no surprise that the moment EXPO 2020, the world’s largest exhibition of global culture and innovation, was to launch in Dubai, she jumped at the chance to be part of the world’s most culturally diverse event. She lent her skills in media and her time as a volunteer to this once-in-a-lifetime global event.
And while her background may be in kinesiology, her heart lies in the world of film. Even as a child, she was a storyteller at heart and would take every opportunity to tell a tale, be it in words or through movement. To her, being a part of a grand cinematic masterpiece that stands the test of time has been a lifelong dream and one that she will chase until achieved. As she shares her story, she hopes that her journey can help inspire others to pursue their dreams and become the best version of themselves.
I enjoy being out in nature, hiking, camping, and doing anything in between with friends and family. Coming back home after a long hike with mud on my shoes, unforgettable memories in my mind and a big smile on my face, is an absolute joy.
I also enjoy hanging out with family and friends, usually in a context that includes food! Anything from pizza dinners to barbecue lunches with the nearest and dearest, I’m in!
I have been playing the piano since the age of 3. I made my first appearance on stage as a pianist at the age of 4. As I got older, playing the piano turned more into a hobby.
I was also part of a dance team throughout high school. We were the dance team that performed at UAE National Day for 3 consecutive years. The performances were televised live on national television and were attended by royal members of the country.
When I was younger, I wanted to become a figure skater, but circumstances didn’t align for that dream back then. Fast forward a few years, I started figure skating at the age of 15. About a year later, I participated in my first ever performance on the ice, dancing to Coldplay’s Paradise.
I am also a certified personal trainer and fitness instructor. During university, I was a yoga apprentice.
I have always been an active person. My parents understood the importance of physical activity. And more importantly, they understood the impact that sports can have on a person’s character. As so as a child, my parents strived to put me and my brothers in every sport they could find. As a kid, I took swimming classes and managed to learn the butterfly by the age of 10. I also participated in my first track and field race at the age of 9-10 and reached a black-belt level in karate by the age of 11. In middle school and high school, I joined every sport I possibly could. I played basketball, volleyball, handball, table tennis, football/soccer, and figure skating.
Some of these sports became a core part of who I am. In high school, I was part of the basketball varsity team. Our team became one of the top teams in the UAE. I’ve also competed in table tennis, soccer/football, and badminton tournaments. Suffices to say, I was one extremely active kid.
Several major sporting injuries later, I have acquired a new taste in the department of sports. Today, I spend most of my time playing badminton, cycling, running, and doing yoga.
My brothers have influenced and bettered my life in so many ways I’ve lost count. They have been with me through thick and thin. They had my back even when I was stubbornly refusing help. They inspire me to be better and do better. And yes, we have our sibling rivalry moments, but at the end of the day, when important things are on the table, they help me, inspire me, and believe in me in countless ways. I am ever so grateful to have such wonderful brothers in this life.
Other than my family members, Steve Harvey has had the most influence on my life. By sharing his stories, experiences, and the lessons he has learned in life, he has managed to inspire millions of people worldwide to chase their dreams. I connected deeply with his words about imagination. Like him, I, too, have a big imagination. I have been told, too many a time, to be realistic, that all that was just my imagination. And for a long time, I believed them. But then I realized that it doesn’t have to be that way, that I don’t have to settle. The fact that you can imagine it, that your mind can picture it as though it has already happened, that’s yours. Nobody else can see your dream the way you do. So don’t let anyone tell you it cannot be done. And here I am today, bringing my dreams to life.
I have travelled to over 60 different cities across 14 countries, won several medals in basketball, and competed and won honours in writing at the World Scholars Cup. I lost 18 kg during the pandemic, hiked up the Swiss, Austrian, and German Alps, cycled 35 km in an hour and a half, and co-authored a children’s book in Spanish. All those accomplishments are remarkable, but they pale in comparison to the goal I have only recently achieved.
My biggest and proudest personal accomplishment by far was learning to love myself for everything I am. People, women especially, are constantly told that the way they are just not enough. We are influenced into believing that we are not beautiful enough, not strong enough, and worthy enough. I grew up struggling to focus on who I am and to appreciate the person I was and am becoming. It has been a difficult, insightful, and eye-opening uphill climb to where I am today.
But here is what the view at the top of the climb looks like. Today, I am proud of who I am, what I have accomplished, what I am doing, the life I am living, the mistakes I have made, the lessons I am learning, and the pace at which I am learning them. I am not perfect, but I am loving the process I am going through to become the best version of myself that I can be.
My mother is an incredible cook. Growing up with delicious homemade food, I quickly picked up the craft. Now, I cook as often as I can, making dishes such as malokhia, stuffed grape leaves, kibbeh, Thanksgiving turkey and everything in between. Oh, and let’s not forget pizza! But the one thing I simply can’t seem to do correctly is boil eggs. On three occasions, I have burnt boiling eggs. It has become a laughing matter in our family. “Don’t let Rawan boil the eggs! She can make the pizza, but just don’t let her boil the eggs!”
My greatest career ambition is to become a globally recognized actress, one known for not just her work on screen, but her philanthropic projects outside her profession. I aspire to contribute a work of art to film and television that stands the test of time, a story whose impact ripples through society and challenges current perceptions and stereotypes.
I also aspire to become a Disney princess, to tell the tale of a strong, independent, and kind-hearted girl who took the world by storm and chased her dreams without limitation. I hope that that princess can inspire young girls everywhere to chase their dreams fearlessly too.
Truth be told, I have let fear of judgment stop me from pursuing this career. But I have realized that I would rather learn to handle the opinions of others than get to the end of my life regretting not even trying. And thus, I will be taking acting classes and attending a film program this coming fall, to help get me started in the industry.
My dream job would be to work as an actress alongside the greats in the industry, striving to create television shows and movies that share stories and inspire and entertain the world. I aspire to live a life where I wake up every day to a creative environment, where no two days are the same, and where I am constantly surrounded by so many people all working together to bring a cinematic piece to life.
I was raised in 3 different countries. I was born in Damascus, the oldest capital in the world, and lived the first few years of my life in Syria. Around the age of 7, my family and I immigrated to Canada. Like every immigrant family, then and now, we struggled to get back on our feet. But in no time at all, Canada became home for all of us. A few years later, my father, the engineer, got a great job opportunity in Dubai, and off we flew to what was then merely the skeleton, the backbone, of the city that it is today. Finishing off my last few years of schooling in Dubai was beyond what I could have imagined. Being in a city that strives to break all glass ceilings, make the impossible possible, and be home to such a diversity of people and cultures has shaped me into the empowered, innovative, and well-rounded person I am today.
My fondest memories as a child were when we would have pizza and movie night every Friday. My brother and I would come back from school, and mom would have pizza prepared, homemade and everything. And we would all gather around, sit nice and cozy, put on a movie, and enjoy a pizza lunch together. My favourites were pizza lunches with a Mr Bean movie.
The most interesting job I’ve had was working at Expo 2020 Dubai. Working at the world’s largest global event, surrounded by people from every corner of the world, all coming together, working with such unity, was just the most refreshing and enjoyable of experiences. I especially enjoyed meeting and speaking with people, who had travelled halfway across the world to be here, and who bring with them the most fascinating of stories to share.
    • EXPO 2020 Dubai
    • Mind Your Mind Organization
    • Research lab at University of Western
    • International Week at UWO
    • Western Orientation Week
    • Residence Soph at UWO

I know the lyrics to almost every Disney song! It’s my party trick!
Growing up, Disney was a massive part of my life. It might be the reason I have such ambitious dreams. It helped me see the magic in life and realize that even the sky is not the limit. To this day, one of my greatest dreams is to become a Disney princess, one that is independent and just as strong-minded as she is kind-hearted.
The most interesting place I have been was inside a mountain, yes inside a mountain located somewhere near Salzburg. Somewhere between Austria and Germany, there is a massive mountain unlike any other along the Alps. It is hollow and completely frozen on the inside. This mountain is naturally made of ice on the inside. Wind speeds at the doorway can reach up to 100 km/h! For many years, people have tried to map it out, excavate and document all there is to find, but to this day, most of the mountain remains untouched and undocumented simply because most who go in don’t survive. The areas that have been well-studied and mapped out are now open for people to come and visit. When my family and I went, we were blown away. It humbles you to be in the presence of something beyond your control, something so grand and elegant and powerful.
I hope to be happy. To the best of my abilities, I will leave no dream un-chased, no kind act undone, no passion unrealized.
I don’t know what lies ahead. Ten years ago, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would be competing in Miss Universe Canada. I didn’t even know there was such a thing. I never thought I would become a basketball player, that I would graduate with a degree in kinesiology, or that I would have travelled across 60 different cities.
And just like that, I don’t know what the next ten years will hold for me either. I simply don’t know where I will be. But I do know one thing. I will continue to learn, grow, impact, and lend a hand to those who need it. I will continue to chase every dream.
In 10 years, I will be happy because I will not let the fear of failure or fear of judgment stop me from chasing my dreams and creating the life that I want, one that massively impacts others as much as it impacts me.
Ever since I was a child, I felt I was born for so much more, that I was born for something grand, something much bigger than myself.
Winning Miss Universe Canada will provide me with the opportunity to be just that: one who is extraordinary in my actions and limitless in my impact.
Having had to learn first-hand how to be confident and proud of who I am, I can now be the confidently beautiful queen that helps other women proudly be themselves too. It is through the Miss Universe Canada platform that I will be able to put that mission into action and leave an everlasting mark on the lives of many across not only Canada but the Universe.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:14 pm
Responder al tema

rayelle sowers
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Rayelle-sowers-2022
Height: 5’7
Hometown: Grande Prairie, AB
Rayelle is a career-oriented, driven, and passionate young woman, who works every day to forge her own path and encourages others to do the same at every opportunity. Her goal is to become a positive role model for women and girls who often feel like they do not fit into a traditional mold. Rayelle proudly considers herself to be a “Fashionista Tom-boy”, who can be poised and loves glamour and fashion, as well as adventuring outdoors and getting her hands dirty. She believes that these things are not mutually exclusive, and these dynamic traits are what makes her a fierce modern woman.
Rayelle grew up in a small rural town where she gained an appreciation for nature and the diverse world around her. Growing up in a rural community she developed a love for the country lifestyle, but she had big dreams. During a time when environmental disasters started to become commonplace, Rayelle knew she wanted to embark on a path where she would have the opportunity to make a difference in the world.
At the age of 24, she graduated from Lakehead University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Management, with a concentration in Fish and Wildlife Conservation. Rayelle now works as a Wildlife Biologist, where she prides herself on her determination and her ability to influence positive change as part of her career.
Rayelle has already made many achievements early in her career, such as receiving a Minister’s Commendation Award for her work on a stream rehabilitation project, collaring and researching bison in Northern BC as part of a species at risk restoration project, and becoming a full-time Wildlife Biologist, all before her 28th birthday. Each day she pushes herself to break barriers and achieve goals, no matter how far-fetched they may seem.
Rayelle adores her career and could not be more proud of her accomplishments, however she feels that she and many other women still face a multitude of challenges working in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) careers. Rayelle would like to see more women and girls pursuing careers in STEM and hopes that in the future she will have the resources to provide these women with more opportunities through her own career development and training organization. She is a firm believer that women are strongest when they support each other and considers herself to be a “hype-man”, continuously encouraging those around her to push themselves to achieve their goals and break barriers.
Rayelle considers her education to be one of her most valuable possessions, attributing her career and success to the opportunities following the completion of her degree. She believes that education, whether it be university, trades, learning a new skill, or researching a new topic, is the key to growing as a community at both local and global scales. Education unlocks potential and provides opportunity, and she believes that it only takes one opportunity for one person to change the world.
I have many interests aside from my career! Since I was young I have been fascinated by animals and the outdoors. When I’m not working I spend most of my time around animals, whether it be horses, dogs, cows, or rabbits. I have even been known to rescue feral and abandoned pet rabbits from the community and rehabilitate them so they can be rehomed. I have a huge soft spot for all animals, big and small.
I also enjoy getting out of the city and seek every opportunity to explore new places through hiking, snowshoeing, kayaking, swimming, running, or riding ATVs – you name it! I’ll try anything at least once, and chances are that I’ll love it.
Aside from being outdoors I also spend a lot of my time wrapped up in artistic activities! This ranges from drawing and painting, ceramics, sculpting, and baking. I love learning new skills, especially when the result is edible!
Since the pandemic began I have also been learning fashion design and sewing. I even started a side business creating hand-made accessories! I am constantly surprised with my ability to imagine something and bring it to life, and I am always excited to see what I will think of next.
Throughout high school and university, I participated in various visual arts classes which included drawing and sketching, painting, and sculpting. Recently I have also taken line dancing and country-western swing classes which have helped me reconnect with my roots and express my love for country music in a whole new way!
I’ve been very athletic my entire life, participating in basketball, softball, track and field, long-distance hurdles, and long and short distance running events. Recently I have been learning to ski which has been a challenging yet rewarding experience!
One person who has had a huge influence on my life is Dolly Parton. I grew up listening to her music and always admired how she forged her own path in a severely male-dominated industry. She achieved huge success at a time when few women were able to make a mark in country music. Dolly is also a fashion icon and philanthropist, leading many charitable efforts such as her literacy program, providing scholarships to many of her employees, supporting causes such as HIV/AIDS research, The American Red Cross, bald eagle preservation, along with many others, earning her the Woodrow Wilson Award for Public Service from the Smithsonian Institution. She became an entrepreneur and an activist for several social issues which often aren’t supported in traditional industries like country music, and she accomplished it all while staying true to herself. She is a true modern woman and one person I am proud to call a role model!
My proudest accomplishment is completing my Bachelor of Science degree with First Class Standing and moving across the country to a new province. Both experiences shaped who I have become, provided me with ample opportunities for self-growth, and have led me to pursuing my dream career as a Wildlife Biologist. I was pushed very far out of my comfort zone and I can proudly say that I wouldn’t be where I am today without these experiences.
One of the most interesting things about me is that I am very dynamic, which means it’s never a dull moment! I can go from glitz and glamour one moment, to knee-deep in mud the next. I don’t let the expectations and disapproval of others keep me from growing, shining, and having fun.
My career goal is to become a lead Wildlife Biologist and a provincial expert in the field. I want to conduct important scientific research that has the potential to influence positive change on wildlife and the environment. To accomplish this goal I plan to attend graduate school, obtaining a Master of Science Degree and becoming a specialist in a target area. I am currently working in the industry and taking advantage of every opportunity to grow and learn to become the best biologist I can be!
Aside from being a Wildlife Biologist, and of course, Miss Universe Canada, my dream job would be to have a platform to create and run my own organization where I provide support for young women and girls looking to pursue advanced education or careers in STEM and other non-traditional fields. Throughout my career, I have noticed many shortfalls and gaps in the education system which prevent many women from succeeding. Through this organization, I would provide women with more opportunities to reach their full potential and continue their professional development. This would include scholarship programs for students requiring financial aid, resume development, interview preparation, and even career guidance from professionals in the industry. Eventually, this would expand to international communities where I would be able to provide support for women and girls in underdeveloped nations to achieve their educational goals. I want every woman to have the opportunities they need in order to maximize their potential!
I was raised in a very small rural town in southern Ontario on the shores of Lake Erie. It is a beautiful town which provided me with ample opportunity to explore and gain an appreciation for the world around me.
My childhood was filled with so much love from my mother and my siblings which made me the compassionate, loving woman that I am today. Times weren’t always easy, as my family struggled financially, and my mother worked multiple jobs to provide for me and my siblings. She always made sure we had what we needed and I am forever grateful for how hard she worked to keep our family together. Although there wasn’t much money to go around, there was always excess love, and after all, that’s what truly shapes who you become.
I’ve been fortunate to have worked many interesting jobs! When I was 17 I worked as a Park Ranger in Killarney Provincial Park where my duties included hiking, camping, and canoeing on a daily basis! From there I worked as a Student Biologist while in University in Thunder Bay. This job allowed me to explore northern Ontario, studying songbirds, fishes, and even caribou. Following university, I moved to Alberta where I worked as a Fisheries Technician researching and monitoring Alberta’s sportfish populations. At this time I also worked as a Caribou Technician which involved monitoring threatened and endangered caribou populations! Each of these positions allowed me to research wildlife, explore my curiosity and grow as a biologist. It might not be interesting to some, but I am proud to be one of a handful of people who have had hands-on interactions with so many wildlife species!
    • SPCA
    • Girl Guides Canada
    • March Break Camp

My favourite and most unusual talent is my ability to quickly make word associations with music. For instance, I’ll hear a phrase or even just a couple words, and I will immediately think of a song with those words. I create a lot of song mash-ups in my head which often have me rocking out all day and singing out loud without realizing it!
The most interesting place I have been to would have to be Mexico! I travelled to the Riviera Maya region of Mexico as part of my BSc degree to conduct research on coral reef fish species. I fell in love with the local culture, food, music, people, and of course, the ocean and the coral reefs. There was no shortage of fascinating species and ecosystems, and I will be forever enchanted by the life in the reefs.
In ten years I hope to be a top biologist in my field while running a non-profit career development organization! I hope to be fighting each day to make a difference in the world, whether at the local, provincial, national, or global scale. I hope to be fighting for women’s rights and encouraging women and girls to pursue education, whether it be science, art, law, trades, or agriculture. I hope to provide others with the opportunities they need to unlock their full potential!
I am a cheesy, fun, sassy goofball who tries her absolute best to find the sunshine in every situation and radiate that positive energy onto others. One of my childhood nicknames was Ray of Sunshine for this reason, and it’s something I strive to be every day – a ray of sunshine. In today’s world with severe global issues such as the climate crisis, the COVID-19 pandemic, suppressive inequality, and the threat of war across the world, I find that being positive and encouraging others is sometimes the only way that I am able to survive and stay strong in these trying times. I hope that I can inspire others to be their own source of sunshine and be the encouragement that they need to be the very best version of themselves.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:16 pm
Responder al tema

rosie abigail smith
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Rosie-smith-2022

Height: 5’9
Hometown: Toronto, ON
This ambitious, charismatic, driven and kind-hearted soul is devoted to empower and inspire. Rosie Smith is an ACTRA actress, entrepreneur and part-time model from Toronto, Ontario. She is also the co-author of Pursuit: 365, a best-selling book showcasing women entrepreneurs from all walks of life across Canada. Published on International Women’s Day at Indigo bookstores, she is featured as the CEO of her business, Bion Express, an e-commerce company. She hopes to inspire more women to pursue careers in leadership roles, where they are underrepresented.
Rosie balances entrepreneurship with her love for the arts as a working actress and model. Her multilingual skills have opened several opportunities for her in the entertainment industry. She has over a decade of experience and has appeared in movies, TV shows and various commercials for large scale corporations.
At the age of 10, Rosie was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW), a rare condition impacting her heart that limited her from normal activities and daily functioning tasks. Four years ago Rosie had a life changing surgery that enabled her to overcome this health challenge. This experience made Rosie grateful for her health and motivated her for any opportunity that comes her way. 
Rosie proudly partakes in giving back to non-profits, including sponsoring a child through the World Vision charity, public speaking for schools and partnering with organisations to feed the homeless. She also started her own organization, The Take Heart Foundation, to positively impact the lives of those affected by illness by providing them with support, scholarships and resources. She is known for her warm nature, compassion, generosity, and activism for battling health challenges.
Rosie tenderly remembers watching Miss Universe on television as a child, and knew she wanted to compete when she was older. She is now aiming towards representing Canada with the same admiration she had when she was a little girl. 
I am a curious soul and have many different interests, such as acting, cooking, and reading. I am a huge bookworm. I love to spend my spare time in my little library reading and learning through self-help books and educating myself on various topics (i.e. finances, relationships, personal development). Habitual reading does wonders for your intellect and broadens your perspective on life. I find it very important that we keep evolving and becoming the best version of ourselves. My passion for books eventually lead me to co-write my own best-seller, Pursuit: 365. In addition, I also enjoy cooking nutritious recipes with my cat Saint, as he watches me from the kitchen counter patiently waiting for a bite.
    • Dawson College’s Professional Theatre Program
    • LB Acting Studio of Toronto
    • Montreal Top Model and Division Academy
    • Dale Carnegie’s public speaking and leadership development

I, unfortunately, struggled with a health challenge being diagnosed with a rare heart condition, Wolf-Parkinson-White (WPW), since a very young age, which limited my participation in sports. But after my heart surgery that took place four years ago, I now lead an active lifestyle through running, weightlifting, swimming, and walking, which I am very grateful for.
Although I never met her, one of the biggest influences in my life has been Audrey Hepburn. Her talent for film and her humanitarian legacy deeply inspired me. This inspiration manifested itself into my life through pursing acting and being active in non-profit organizations. To me, she is the epitome of class, elegance, and philanthropy.
My proudest accomplishment is co-authoring Pursuit: 365, a best-selling book showcasing the stories of successful Canadian women from all walks of life. As a book lover, adding this gem to my library shelf was the highlight of my year. I cherish this accomplishment very deeply and I plan on publishing more books in the future.
The most interesting thing that has ever happened to me is getting a life changing heart surgery at the age of 23. This life or death operation really changed my perspective on life. It gave me immense gratitude for life and motivation to approach any opportunity that comes my way with courage
My career ambition is to continue to grow my skills and accolades in acting, modeling, and writing on a larger scale. I plan on playing a lead role in an international TV series, becoming a cover model, and writing a book on surmounting any life obstacle to empower and inspire everyone especially those facing health challenges.
My dream job is to be Miss Universe Canada 2022. I aspire to be a role model for all, especially women facing health issues. I would use my platform to positively influence women to take full accountability of their lives, and prove that they are capable of much more than they think.
I am blessed to have been raised by loving parents and grow up in a historic character home. I was an only child for 11 years, and I think that lead me to be creative and imaginative. Having all this free time allowed me to put on plays and create make-belief stores from my bedroom closet which I personally think gave birth to the actress and entrepreneur in me. This would entertain my parents and friends and I loved to make them laugh. Although, watching my friends always be accompanied by their siblings, I hoped and prayed for a sibling too. One day I drew a picture of my parents and I surrounding a crib with a baby wearing blue pajamas. A year later, my brother was born. I am grateful to have many beautiful and hilarious memories from my childhood that shaped the woman I am today.
My most interesting job has got to be when I was casted in an international Kit Kat commercial. It was 80’s themed, so I was dressed in a rad neon pink outfit. I also got to eat an ungodly amount of Kit Kat chocolates because of how many times we had to repeat a take. I would do this again anytime!
    • Feed Toronto Now preparing meals for the homeless
    • World Vision charity/sponsoring a child
    • Christmas packages for families through Nouvelle Vie’s church
    • Public speaking at Hampstead Elementary School on Earth Day
    • Volunteering at Prescott Russel Retirement Home with the elderly

Not sure if it counts as talent, but I never forget a face. If I saw you once, I will forever remember you!
The most interesting place to me has been the rooftop of my very first apartment. Climbing the fire escape stairs during the late hours of the night to admire the city views and stargaze. This place was one of the most serene and therapeutic places I would spend time in solitude. I was so proud to leave the “bird nest” and felt like the best chapters of my life were ahead of me
I have lots of career and personal plans for myself to accomplish during the span of ten years, but I also trust the universe with its own plan with me. As long as I keep evolving, taking risks, visiting new places and trying new experiences, I know I will be happy. And in the end that’s what I aspire to be, happy.
Since I was a young girl, I remember watching the amazing women on the Miss Universe stage and was compelled to follow their footsteps. If given the privilege and honor of being Miss Universe Canada, I would fulfill my responsibilities and use my platform to be an advocate for health challenge warriors. I would also use my platform to educate others on how empowering pageants are for women instead of how they can be portrayed and stereotyped in the media. Pageantry allows us to celebrate that being a woman is not a disadvantage, it’s a blessing!

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:17 pm
Responder al tema

shakira ibrahim
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Shakira-ibrahim-2022
Height: 5’5
Hometown: Windsor, ON
Shakira Ibrahim was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario Canada. As she is the middle child of 5 she has always done her best to stand out. Because of this, her confidence has shone through from a young age. Since she was young she enjoyed playing soccer with her siblings and her dad as her coach. She enjoyed playing soccer for almost 8 years before dance sparked her interest. After retiring from the soccer fields she became more interested in being on the stage as her natural rhythm and flexibility helped her get a leg up on the competition. She started on her high school dance team and soon became a captain. She then went onto a local dance studio’s “A-list” performing team where she got to perform in local music videos, local pageants, and the 2019 Provincial Miss Universe Canada pageant. Now she is a proud member of the University of Windsor’s Lancer competitive dance team, where she is currently finishing her bachelor’s degree in Criminology. After this, she plans to get her Bachelor’s of Education so she can become a teacher. Working with kids for many years at a local trampoline park helped her connect to children more.
I enjoy cooking, baking, and dancing.
I have danced for 8 years.
I played soccer for 9 years.
One person who influenced my life the most is my older sister. She is 10 years older than me so she’s always someone I looked up to and seen as a mentor. She has taught me how to be myself and own my confidence.
My proudest accomplishment isn’t one singular event. I am most proud of the person I have become. I have been able to successfully juggle school, work, home life, and my social life. In the past few years, I have pushed through a lot and become stronger.
The most unique or interesting thing about me is definitely my name. I take great pride in it, not only because it’s a “famous” name, but because it means thankfulness. My parents specifically picked this name for me so I take great pride in it.
My career ambition is to become a teacher. I am about to finish my Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, after this, I am going to Teachers’ College. I have always loved children so teaching would be a great fit for me.
My dream job would be teaching/choreographing dance in Los Angeles.
I was born and raised in Windsor Ontario with my parents and 4 siblings. We were a big family and though my parents didn’t have much they always made sure that we had what we needed. Many of my childhood memories involve soccer tournaments with my whole family, or small trips to the local water park.
When I was 13/14 I delivered papers around my neighbourhood. I would deliver over 100 papers twice a week after school. I got paid something like 10 cents per paper. It was a good first job for a young teen.
I volunteer at 2 of my local homeless shelters/soup kitchens. During covid, I would ask what things they would need (juice, snacks, masks, bread, etc), and deliver it to them. Now that it is a bit later I go and volunteer to help prepare and serve the food, or just chat with people.
My most unusual talent is my ability to talk in accents. I randomly will talk in a British or Russian accent all the time.
The most interesting place I have been to is California. I went there my first year of university with some friends. It was the first time I flew on a plane, and went somewhere without my parents. I got to do a lot of sightseeing as well as dance at a famous studio. So this trip was very important to me.
In 10 years I hope to be teaching children and travelling the world.
I would like to add that though I may not be as experienced as other contestants, I am not intimidated and I have full confidence in myself. I am willing to give 110% throughout this pageant and fully commit so I can be a strong competitor and a qualified Miss Universe Canada.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:18 pm
Responder al tema

shirley yu
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Shirley-yu-2022
Hometown: Vancouver, BC
Languages: English, Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese
Shirley is a proud Canadian who was born in China and raised in the happy and diversified city, Vancouver. She’s a model, teacher, and graphic designer, and has spent two years, modelling and teaching in Tokyo, Japan. With all the experience, she is hoping to start her own salon business. Graduated with a BA degree in Interactive Arts and Technology, Shirley escalated a creative mind and is always inspired to motivate people in overcoming life challenges and supporting cultural inclusion.
With her family, she immigrated to Canada at the age of 4. She feels extremely fortunate to have grown up in Canada, a country that is full of warmth and kindness. However as a child, she didn’t feel culturally accepted until the age of 12. She realized a need of change and has been developing her own project which she called WO-MEN, meaning “us” in Chinese to advocate for cultural inclusivity. She’s also a volunteer enthusiast. She volunteered to teach and help the most vulnerable children with learning difficulties, fundraising for BC Children’s hospital and Ukraine, and donating clothes to SOS Children’s Village. During her free time, you can find her in local studios and public areas dancing her favorite Chinese traditional dances, contemporary jazz, and hip hop.
I’m interested in learning different type of dances. When I was a child, I learned ballroom dance, and now I’m learning Chinese traditional dances, contemporary jazz, and hip pop. I also enjoy singing, listening to podcasts and meditating; however, dancing is what I enjoy the most because it helps me relax, stay active and have a moment for myself.
I trained to become a professional nail technician, and enrolled in acting classes to boost my confidence. Currently, I attend dance classes and trainings to be a dancer and performer, as well as public speaking classes to be an influential speaker.
I’m a fan of yoga, strength/HIIT training, and running. I’ve participated in several running events, such as Sun Run and Color Run.
Other than my parents, my sister has had the most influence on my life because she is my identical twin. People often see us as one and compare us. My sister is best in everything, so I want to be better and different. I want people to see me and say my name, not “you’re the younger twin”. Through my love for my sister, I learned to be supportive of others. And being a twin gives me the power and motivation to become a better version of myself.
One of my proudest accomplishments was moving to Japan by myself in 2018. It was an opportunity for me to step outside of my comfort zone and open a whole different perspective in my life to see the world differently. I started and established new careers, made new friends, and participated in my first international pageant finishing off in the top 10.
One unique thing that has happened to me was being in a horrendous car accident with my family that could’ve taken away our lives. I say it was unique because this event taught me three things in life: One, never take things for granted and always appreciate what I have. Two, make every minute count because I know that the absolute unthinkable can happen. Three, be brave enough to face challenges and unafraid of failures because I come back stronger every time I fall.
My career ambition is to be my own boss and have my own beauty salon, providing services to emphasize people’s confidence and natural beauty. In order to achieve this goal, of course, I must continue my trainings and acquire additional certificates. However most importantly, I need to be a role model to demonstrate the true essence of confidence and beauty, and that’s why I’m here at Miss Universe Canada.
My dream job in life would be being a Victoria Secret Angel because what we see in them is confidence. It is extremely inspiring to see that they’re not simply in beautiful dresses, they dress it.
I was raised in Vancouver, BC. I was an adventurous and creative, but introverted child. Although I was shy, I dreamed to be a fashion model because I enjoyed taking photos and wearing different clothes. My sister and I were joined to the hips, so I never felt lonely and had all the support I needed. And therefore, I grew up to be a positive-minded and ambitious girl.
An interesting job I have had was working as a sweeper at a local amusement park. It was my first part-time job in high school. While the majority of people either worked at Starbucks or MacDonald’s, I decided to go sweep the grounds and keep the park clean. I took out the garbage, wiped down tables and chairs, and cleaned bathrooms. It was a meaningful job for me because we’re there to provide a clean environment for guests to enjoy their day in the park.
I participated in several fundraising events to raise funds for BC Children’s Hospital. I also worked with Vancouver Urban Ministries to help children with learning difficulties catching up to their grade level. Currently, I’m raising funds to support Ukraine through language and culture exchange sessions, as well as donating clothes to SOS Children’s Village.
My most unusual talent is Chinese traditional dance. Most people around me are learning modern dances, however, I enjoy learning traditional dances because they were passed down through history and history made us who we are today.
Himeji (Princess Road) in Hyogo prefecture of Japan is one of the most interesting places I’ve been to. The Himeji castle is one of the few original castles from Japan’s feudal period. Historical monuments are rarely seen in Canada, therefore, I had a deep impression when I visited the castle.
In ten years from now, I hope to expand my beauty salon business internationally. With my language skills and experiences, I believe I can run a successful international business to inspire people not just in one country, but in countries.
I’d like to add why I compete and how I would leverage the platform. Canada is known for its diversity and multiculturalism, however, Canada has not had an Asian representative competing at Miss Universe in a long time. Therefore, I want to make an impact and be the first Chinese Canadian in the 21st century representing Canada at Miss Universe. In fact, this will be my first and last year competing at Miss Universe Canada as I’m aging out; thus, I come in strong and prepared for what it takes to be a titleholder. I want to use the platform to break the bias when people believe you can’t win in your first competition.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:20 pm
Responder al tema

shubdeep randhawa.
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Shubdeep-randhawa-2022-2
Height: 5’2
Hometown: Brampton, ON
Languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Shubdeep was born in India, immigrated to Canada at the age of 13 and is now a proud Canadian Citizen residing in Brampton. “How you do anything is how you do everything”, an adage that Shubdeep likes to follow which motivates her to give her 100% in everything. From a young age, she has been passionate about various global causes, numbers, and entrepreneurship therefore along with pursuing her studies and career in Finance; she continued to volunteer for community organizations and hoped to make a difference!
Along with being a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and working as a Finance Manager, Shubdeep serves on the board of the United Nations Association in Canada Toronto Branch (UNACTO) as their Treasurer & Secretary. UNACTO is dedicated to elevating the principles of the UN Charter and to accomplishing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals through innovative programming.
She also volunteered as a Compliance Analyst at the G20 Research Group at the Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy. The G20 Research Group is a global network of scholars, students and professionals in the academic, research, business, non-governmental and other communities who follow the work of the G20 leaders, finance ministers and central bank governors, and other G20 institutions. Her research was published in the Compliance Reports for the 2018 and 2019 Summits. Impressed with her volunteer efforts in the community, she received the highly regarded runners-up award of Community Engagement Excellence from her workplace this year. Additionally, she also believes that financial literacy and independence are crucial for all women and is an active investor herself.
She graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in Economics and specializing in Accounting. During her undergrad career, Shubdeep was part of the prestigious Director’s circle. Her extensive student leadership experience consisted of serving as the Professional Development Director at the Undergraduate Commerce Society and as the Vice President – Internal Affairs at the UofT South Asian Alliance.
Outside of work and volunteering, Shubdeep has an avid interest in dancing, creative writing, and reading. She believes that art, music and culture are privileges that makes our lives worthwhile. Whether it is dancing in a fiesta in Spain or feasting on tacos in Mexico, Shubdeep loves to explore, travel and try different cuisines. Her goals and aspirations include living mindfully, serving others, having a purposeful job and meaningful connections. To align with her goal of living mindfully, she also started a wellness blog and e-commerce business called ‘Esskar Wellness’.
I am curious by nature hence I have numerous interests! I grew up dancing competitively, so dance will always stay close to my heart. In recent years, I have learned the importance of working out. Therefore, I like to challenge myself physically by trying new workouts, especially during the pandemic I got into doing HIIT workouts thanks to all the amazing YouTube workout videos!
I love travelling, trying new cuisines, learning about new cultures, political climate and histories of the countries I visit. I ventured into more outdoor activities recently which include tennis, skiing and paddleboarding.
I am a self-taught dancer; I have danced competitively up until university. I worked as a dance teacher during my high school and undergrad years. Aside from my full-time job, I regularly take creative writing courses and like to work on my writing craft. I have a huge respect for artists and I love how writers are able to express mundane things and thoughts so beautifully. Reading and writing help me stay in touch with my creative side and challenges me at the same time.
I was on my High School’s Badminton team. In my free time, I play tennis and like to ski.
The person who has had the most influence on my life other than my parents is my grandmother, Preetam Kaur Dhillon. My grandmother raised her five children alone while my grandfather served on the Indian military. She further expanded our family’s farm business through her hard work and efforts. She has always been a symbol of strength, love and purity and is one of the many strong women in my life. She passed away a few years ago but the legacy she left behind in our family will never cease.
It would have to be the time when I landed a full-time job offer from a leading national Accounting firm months before my graduation. It meant that all of my hard work had paid off!
This accomplishment was particularly special as it provided a promise of financial stability to me and my family. This meant that my mother would not have to work two jobs when I graduate. I am extremely thankful to my mother and sister who paved the way and instilled strong work ethics in me.
I think that the most interesting thing is my immigrant struggle and how I managed to make the most out of it. I had been working part-time all throughout high school and during my postsecondary education; I worked two part-time jobs.
I did not want my jobs to hold me back from wanting to contribute to the community and maximizing my campus experience. Therefore, during school, I volunteered as a student leader in academic societies and at several campus charity organizations. I was also a note-taker for students with disabilities and I regularly took part in business case competitions while dancing competitively for one of the campus dance teams. Hoping to maximize my potential, I attended every professional development workshop and went to several networking events so I can become a polished business professional. My diverse campus experience was integral in enhancing my people and time management skills.
Some days were harder than others as I tried juggling my academics with all the extracurricular activities, I remember doing my homework on the bus as my commute to school lasted two hours each way and then rushing to my job after a long day. I realize that this is the story of many students, especially immigrants who are trying to pay for post-secondary education. I am eternally grateful for the experience and recognize the privilege that I had in attending post-secondary education at a prestigious university.
My career ambitions include being a business leader, activist and humanitarian. To accomplish my goals I attained my CPA designation and work for a leading national corporation. I also volunteer for organizations that support the causes that I feel passionate which include but are not limited to poverty, sustainability, equal rights, food security and climate change.
Aside from being Miss Universe Canada, my “dream job” would be to work on multiple projects that advance in social causes that I am passionate about while being a business leader.
I was raised in a small town called Tohana in the State of Haryana in India where I had the most wholesome and joyous childhood. My town Tohana is known for its surrounding lush green farms and continues to grow commercially. Growing up in a small town, I knew everyone in my neighbourhood, I went to school with 6 of my cousins and had the pleasure of making amazing memories!
My childhood consisted of local and state-level dance championships, general knowledge trivia contests, riding my bike on busy roads, being glued to the TV screen during Cricket matches and of course lots of Bollywood movies.
I take pride in my humble beginnings and what I miss the most about is the local sustainable way of living where we ate local farm-grown vegetarian food and drank fresh milk from my uncles’ livestock.
My first job was as a Walmart Cashier! I was employed shortly after turning sixteen, I loved interacting with all the customers and befriending people from all age groups. I also won my first workplace employee appreciation award during that job for my sales achievement and was a recipient of the nationwide Walmart Canada post-secondary scholarship program. The cashier job confirmed that I love connecting with others and it enhanced my communication skills and taught me how to connect with diverse groups of people.
    • Treasurer & Secretary at UNACTO
    • Finance Associate at UNACTO
    • Human Rights Committee Team Member at UNACTO
    • Compliance Analyst at the G20 Research Group for 2018 and 2019 cycles
    • Note taker at UTM AccessABILITY centre
    • UTM’s Green Team Member
    • Professional Development Director at UTM’s Undergraduate Commerce Society
    • Mentor for UTM’s Commerce Program
    • UTM Free the Children

I can touch my nose with my tongue and I can do the moonwalk!
The most interesting place I have been to is an ancient town in Spain called Salamanca. The old city of Salamanca is declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site and is home to one of the oldest universities in the world, the University of Salamanca founded in 1218.
In 10 years I hope to be excelling in my finance and business career, aiding and advocating for the social causes mentioned above. I also hope to have a work of writing published.
Standing at 5 foot 2 inches, I hope to be an advocate and part of the movement for the change from traditional to inclusive beauty standards. If given the opportunity to be the winner, my main goal would be to use my platform to collaborate with charities and aid with various social causes and also emphasize to young women that they could do anything they put their minds to.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:21 pm
Responder al tema

silina salman
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Silina-salman-2022
Languages: English, French, Arabic
Silina salman born in Damascus Syria, raised in Canada and now a proud Canadian citizen living in Montreal. She graduated from al Andlus University in dentistry. Now she moved back to Canada to continue her studies and she applying in master degree in university of Montreal. She is big fan of sports and workouts she encourage everybody to make sports an essential part of their life.
Being a dentist and a daughter of a neurochirurgien always encourage her to volunteer in the medical world.
I enjoy working out, reading, swimming, watching movies and spending time with my family.
A little bit of music when I was young.
Swimming
My patients, they made me work harder to be the best dentist.
Graduated from dental school.
Researcher in the dental field and I am applying for a Master’s Degree in Montreal University or research.
Researcher and dentist
I was raised between Syria and Canada and I had a happy childhood
In the medical world.
Public speaking
Niagara Falls.
I hope to be doing my PhD in dentistry.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:23 pm
Responder al tema

simran sohal
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Simran-sohal-2022-2
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Simran is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts with Specialized Honours in Theatre from York University. She has directed, acted and was a production designer for shows like “Picture Perfect” and “Peeled”. She made her debut as a dubbing artist in Salman Khan Films “Dr. Cabbie”. She has been a performing artist for Immersive and Physical theatre shows. She has also facilitated a series of workshops for a group of students for acting and theatre shows. Simran has been very passionate and feels empowered and confident to be on stage since childhood. Dance intrigued her at the age of 4 and she is professionally trained in Contemporary and Bollywood styles. Simran is a creative innovator adept at creating dance movements. She exhibits her dance skills with grace and accuracy.
She has explored The Indian Himalayan Range and is an ardent food lover. She says her greatest strength is her family’s support. She is also a yoga enthusiast which inspired her to centralize her focus around mindfulness. She had the privilege of mentoring the youth in Toronto District School Board and Queens College. She facilitated mindfulness workshops for all age groups. She believes that people have undergone stressful times and perceived negative impacts on the quality of life during these unprecedented times. She would like to raise awareness on practices like yoga and meditation so that everyone develops abilities to self-care and balance for themselves.
Simran is a determined, dedicated and passionate woman who believes that life is beyond meaning and that is why it is beautiful. She loves life and wants to enhance its beauty through yoga, meditation, dance and music. She believes in the power of living in the present moment. She feels that being in resonance with nature is an effective way to live a peaceful life. This is what she has learned through yoga and meditation. Simran believes that there is a purpose of every individual’s existence in this world. We are not here accidentally but we are here with a specific destiny.
Simran holds a very deep connection with the Miss Universe title ever since she was 4 years old. Her mother had dressed her like Miss Universe for a competition in kindergarten, where she was supposed to walk on stage and say, “I am Miss Universe”. She received first place in the competition and since then her family nicknamed her Miss Universe. Her mother explained to her that Miss Universe is not just about being pretty, it is about bringing a change in the world and being the face of society and a voice of women. That was when her inspirational journey towards empowering women began. Even until this day, her parents and sister have saved her contact number in their phones as Miss Universe.
The highlight of her career so far has been her participation in Miss World Canada 2021 where she was crowned as Miss GTA World 2021. She placed among the top finalists and was awarded with the Miss Influencer 2021 award. She wishes to bring her experience from this pageant to enhance her journey in Miss Universe Canada.
She has a desire to bring a change in the world. She hopes to inspire and become a role model for women and youth. Simran feels one should have self-confidence and Miss Universe Canada will give her an opportunity to voice her opinion and choices and make her strong and independent.
It will also provide her with an opportunity to live her dream and promote women’s sense of dignity and self-esteem. She believes that every woman has a right to regulate her own life the way she wants. Simran hopes to use this reputable platform to encourage women to embrace and celebrate being a woman.
I have always been interested in dancing, acting, public speaking, travelling, yoga and meditation.
I believe dancing is a way to express yourself and I have been dancing since I was 4 years old. The one thing I learned through dance is perseverance. I learned to continue to work towards achieving my goals despite difficulty. I love being on stage and performing for the audience.
I enjoy acting because it provides me with an opportunity to live in the character’s body and express stories to educate and inspire people. It encourages me to take risks, be creative and think uniquely.
I also have an interest in public speaking because it allows me to share my ideas and thoughts. It provides me with a chance to motivate and encourage people. It also allows me to make connections.
I love to travel because it inspires me to explore new things, meet new people from different backgrounds. I also take this time to reflect on myself and rejuvenate.
Yoga and meditation are my way of living life. I incorporated mindfulness in my life with the help of yoga and meditation and found inner peace and contentment. I have learned the importance of being present in the moment.
I possess special training in dancing and acting. I am a graduate of Bachelor of Arts, Specialized Honours in Theatre from York University. I have sharpened and defined my acting, production, and direction skills. I gained experience from performing in different theatrical styles, such as immersive and physical theatre. I am also professionally trained in Contemporary and Bollywood dance styles.
I have participated in basketball, badminton and volleyball.
My sister has had the most influence on my life because she is the one person I have always looked up to since I was born. She is my first friend who knows me inside out. She has always encouraged and motivated me to work hard in turning my dreams into reality. I know that no matter what happens, she is always there to support me. She is the best personal cheerleader and an inspirational role model that I am blessed to have in my life. She is multi-talented and gifted with enormous skills from being my dress designer, hair stylist, make-up artist, manager to a personal life coach. I am grateful to have her on my side in my Miss Universe Canada journey.
My proudest personal accomplishment was when I was selected as a National Delegate for Miss World Canada 2021. This was my first pageant and I prepared myself in just 2 days for my provincial qualifier. From getting my dresses ready to preparing my interview and stage performance. I was grateful to be selected because I had no prior experience in pageantry.
I won the award of “Miss Influencer 2021” and became one of the top finalists at Miss World Canada 2021. This reminded me of the famous quote, “Don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect”. At that moment, I realized that success does not only lie in results, at the end what matters is your hard work, dedication and efforts. I lived in the moment and will always cherish these memories forever. This was one of the most unique things that has ever happened to me.
My career ambition is to become a theatre artist. I want to use the stage to showcase the real or fictional story in front of the live audience. Being a theatre artist, I can be creative, expressive and connect with the wider audience. I believe that theatre is a space to communicate my thoughts and feelings with my audience through words, movements, and expressions. My plan is to direct and produce theatre shows based on social issues such as climate change, racial discrimination, and violence against women to raise awareness among people. I have directed and acted in shows which focused on “Female infanticide” and “Mental Health”. These shows were based on very sensitive issues but by using my creative mind, I was able to exhibit and reach my audience. I want to be a role model for the youth and women, and I believe by accomplishing my goal, I can bring a change in the world through my theatre shows. As an artist, my goal is to influence people through my shows and contribute to the society by evoking awareness, emotion, and thoughts about social issues around them.
My dream job is to become Miss Universe and work towards making my country Canada, my parents and mentors proud. I would want to take on the responsibility of empowering and celebrating women, bringing awareness to world issues, and encouraging people to lead a mindful and healthy life. I would want to be a strong role model for women and encourage them to build resilience, perseverance and create a positive outlook towards life. This is the dream job for me because it will allow me to be creative and make a difference in the world. I always wanted to be an inspiration to others and help people in need. I believe that being a woman is the gift of god and I have embraced and celebrated being a woman. I want to be an advocate for other women and motivate them to remember their great inner strength and resilience. I am very ambitious and strive to accomplish my goal. I have been working towards educating young girls and women in my community to be powerful and assertive towards their goals in life. I will continue to uplift young girls and women around me and leave a lasting impression in the universe.
I was born and raised in India. I was raised in the most diverse country in the world filled with rich culture. I had an amazing childhood filled with unconditional love and support. My dad, mom and my sister had made my childhood very special for me. When I was in India, I also had the privilege to learn old traditions and values from my grandparents which I still cherish. My parents have raised me to be respectful, graceful, and confident. They have taught me to be humble and appreciative towards the opportunities that life has to offer. My family immigrated to Canada when I was 11 years old. I am so grateful that my parents made a choice to come to Canada because Canada has given me so many opportunities to fulfil my dreams. I continue to abide by the values that I have learned from India and Canada. This has shaped me into the person I am today and I am thankful to my parents for giving me this life.
I have been a performing mime artist for a theatre production. The most interesting thing about this theatrical technique was that I portrayed a character only through movements and facial expressions without using any words. I enjoyed this a lot because I had to express a story through bodily movements and grasp the attention of the audience.
    • Facilitated a series of workshops in Toronto District School Board and Queens College for acting, directing and mindfulness.
    • Developed yoga and meditation programs for kids and youth.
    • Executed dance workshops for kids and youth to learn different styles of dance.
    • Tutoring
    • Food bank
    • Collecting and distributing food
    • Mentoring the youth
    • Fundraising for Make a Wish Canada

My unusual talent is that I can perform Indian Classical Dance- Kathak. It originated from Northern India and is one of the graceful dance forms of India. I use footwork, hand movements and facial expressions to express a story through Kathak.
Being a theatre artist, the most interesting place I have been to is Broadway in New York City. I had an opportunity to experience Broadway shows which was an exceptional experience. I was surrounded by the beauty of the theatre and incredible production. I discovered myself from this experience as this place made me realize that art is my life and stage is my canvas.
In ten years, I would want to be known as a former Miss Universe Canada and hope to live my dream life. I would want to build an organization that would empower and uplift young girls and woman. I would ensure the rights of all women are valued and respected. I also hope to travel around the world to experience different cultures, religions and traditions. I would like to visit underdeveloped countries to inspire women to lead their life with poise and dignity.
Miss Universe Canada pageant is extremely important for me as I believe that every woman has a unique role and talent in the society. A woman should be given a chance to exhibit her best assets and voice her opinions. This opportunity would be a life-changing chance for me as it would boost my confidence to take on a larger role in the community. I have always been passionate to participate in this pageant since my childhood. This platform will give me opportunities to meet new people, gain new experiences and confidence. I would use my voice to influence women and raise awareness on global concerns. If I am given an opportunity to become Miss Universe Canada, I will represent my country Canada with grace, confidence, dignity, compassion and fearlessness.

julinha
julinha
Diamante 5K

Diamante 5K

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrdLun Mayo 09, 2022 9:35 pm
Responder al tema

solange kathalay
candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 Solange-kathalay-2022
Solange Kathalay was born and raised in the city of Montreal, Quebec. At the age of 10, she and her family settled in Mississauga, Ontario. She graduated with honours from Carleton University in Ottawa, with a degree in Biology. Currently she is a private teacher to children and is preparing to enroll in a masters program. She is also focusing on growing and sharing her love for music through singing via her social media platforms.
Among the many abilities and skills that she has, her patience and her active listening skills are how she is known to connect best with those around her.
Throughout her education and volunteering work, she has had many opportunities to serve in leadership positions. As a middle child of five children, she has the special ability to read and understand, as well as know how to help and counsel individuals in need. She understands the worth of a soul and desires to help those find their purpose and happiness. She has been exposed among amazing women in her life and continues to learn and appreciate the worth of women and their beautiful nurturing and strengthening abilities.
I love to sing and dance. I enjoy being on planes and spending time outdoors.
I went to an art high school (Cawthra Park), but no training.
Cheerleading and Basketball
My 13-year-old brother. He always has an optimistic mindset and always focuses on the positive opportunities of the future.
My mission service of 19 months in Salt Lake City, Utah/Anaheim, California and Edmonton Canada for a duration of 19 months altogether. Also, I would say Graduating from Carleton University with Honours,
I was fortunate to overstay a 2-week vacation in Hawaii for 6 months.
I want to be able to rise and live my day to day with passion. I do not want to associate my career with the term “work”, but as a part of my lifestyle.
Musician- travel the world and sing
I was raised in Montreal, Quebec. I am the middle child of 5. I was raised among my parents in a humble apartment. I loved to play and have my friends over. Life was so simple and beautiful.
I was a Bilingual Air Canada Representative.
I was a summer young women camp leader for 2 years. I also served a mission for 19 months in the United States, serving, inviting and teaching individuals. I served at homeless shelters, one called Mary’s Kitchen in California. I volunteered in Ronald McDonald House Charities for a couple of months as well.
I have a photographic memory of the road.
Monaco
I hope to be able to have a family of my own. I hope to continue travelling and see the beauty of the world. I hope to have an established work schedule and success in my career. I hope to use my voice to touch the souls of people around the world. I hope to continue having opportunities to learn and grow.
I love to meet new people. I love to see and hear about people’s talents. I have a passion for art, even if I do not draw myself.

Contenido patrocinado

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may. - Página 3 GejDcrd
Responder al tema

candidatas a miss universe canada 2022. final: 14 may.
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 3 de 7.Ir a la página : Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Siguiente